• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Desmond

playing in co-op doesn't negate trophies ? can I go split screen with two controllers without a bother? If one guy dies do we both respawn?

njean777

first thing that happens when I pop in the game 656mb patch :( damn my slow 3mb connection! Thankfully they patched it though at least they are supporting it!

Is the multiplayer in this more like Call of Duty? I tried Resistance 2's multiplayer and it was tough to get into because it was so chaotic. Honing down the player count to a smaller base might make the game feel more focused and fun.

So it has a long ass install and then a big patch day one?

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Is the multiplayer in this more like Call of Duty? I tried Resistance 2's multiplayer and it was tough to get into because it was so chaotic. Honing down the player count to a smaller base might make the game feel more focused and fun.

It's much much smaller scale now, but it plays nothing like Call of Duty

Cudder

Omfg at the
train
level and what happens after it. This game just got a whole lot better. Never would have imagined stuff like this in a Resistance game. The weather effects are fantastic.

BattleMonkey said:
So it has a long ass install and then a big patch day one?

It's much much smaller scale now, but it plays nothing like Call of Duty
Alright. How does it play than? Is there any other multiplayer game that you can compare it to that can give me a general idea of what it's like?

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Alright. How does it play than? Is there any other multiplayer game that you can compare it to that can give me a general idea of what it's like?

Like Resistance 1? heh... well the game series has always been more of an old school shooter in feel, it doesn't try to follow the trend of "modern" shooters... perhaps kind of Halo like but a bit faster paced with lot of crazy weapons and abilities.

njean777

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

Its a bit slower then call of duty, though the maps tend to be bigger or the same size as call of duty. Its kinda hard to describe maybe rent or look at some gameplay footage?

njean777 said:
Its a bit slower then call of duty, though the maps tend to be bigger or the same size as call of duty. Its kinda hard to describe maybe rent or look at some gameplay footage?
BattleMonkey said:
Like Resistance 1? heh... well the game series has always been more of an old school shooter in feel, it doesn't try to follow the trend of "modern" shooters... perhaps kind of Halo like but a bit faster paced with lot of crazy weapons and abilities.
I think I kind of have a understanding on what it's like now. Thanks.

Not sure if it's something I can get into, but I'd definitely try it out.

Desmond

Dear Desmond ,

Thank you for ordering from GameStop.ie

Your order has been shipped
Attached please find your invoice.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our Customer Service team at hello@gamestop.ie

Kind Regards,

GameStop.ie

Holy Shit

Not out till Friday, preordered on Sun., still got a code)

Only made it through 3 chapters before I had to go to work. Love what I've played fo far. It's got great tone and intensity so far. It's going to take much longer to level up in MP now as well. There were a few people on my list who had the game before the weekend too so I know they are already over-leveled. lol

Grisby

gibration said:
They fixed a lot of the bugs from the beta from what I've heard.

Ah ok, man, must have been a ton of bugs. Beta should have been released earlier so they could have incorporated it into the game before release.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Grisby said:
Ah ok, man, must have been a ton of bugs. Beta should have been released earlier so they could have incorporated it into the game before release.
Actually that was the plan until some funny folks hacked PSN. >8(

njean777

Grisby said:

At least they are fixing them though, some developers would just ignore and patch later. I would rather wait for a big patch, then wait for months for them to fix all the problems.

glad my Jeep decided to break down on me right after I decide to pick this up after all. will be tomorrow at the earliest until I get this then, I guess at the very least I can read more impressions as the day goes.

JoeFenix

Got to chapter 8 and I have to say the pacing has been really good so far. There are some flashes of brilliance in here from time to time and the game never gets dull.

Been playing on hard and taking my time, great atmosphere and sense of place. Feedback on the guns is good but I feel that the enemies are a bit flimsy feeling. Game could have benefited from better death animations and hit reactions, it's not bad at all though, just not amazing.

I hope it keeps up this level of quality and variety, so far I've really been enjoying it!

U2NUMB

gibration said:
I'd say the multiplayer is a lot like Halo's except you're not jumping so high.

Yea I have been trying to think of what to compare it with. A mix of Halo, COD and past Resistance games. Hard to explain but it feels different enough to be fun on its own. Still having a very hard time getting my normal shooter friends to buy it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Grisby said:
My bad then, didn't know. That hack was awful on so many levels.
I guess that IG didnt lulz too much huh?

U2NUMB

Salz01 said:
Just got it. After install will play first run through in3d. Hope it's good and well implemented.

I am still waiting on the whole 3D TV thing and I keep thinking it is just a fad. Is it really a game changer on other games that you have tried?

njean777

U2NUMB said:
I am still waiting on the whole 3D TV thing and I keep thinking it is just a fad. Is it really a game changer on other games that you have tried?

After buying a 3DS I can say 3d is horrible right now on consolesI have no clue about pc games. Although it could be the fact that I get headaches if I look at it for to long.

patsu

njean777 said:
After buying a 3DS I can say 3d is horrible right now on consolesI have no clue about pc games. Although it could be the fact that I get headaches if I look at it for to long.

3DS's 3D implementation is more convenient but also less effective than glasses based 3D. I don't think the experiences carry over.

For 3DTV/monitor gaming, it would depend on your display and games. The DLP ones are better. The Plasma and LED/LCD ones second to that.

Salz01 said:
Just got it. After install will play first run through in3d. Hope it's good and well implemented.

really good 3D could push me over the edge to get this.

The Giant Bomb quick look is very appealing.

Kambing

Applesauce said:
They just managed to ship mine, and I preordered over a week ago.

Well i feel lucky now as my shipment has been out for delivery since the morning... but still, was looking forward to becoming oblivious to my studies as i kill me some chimera.

Zoibie

MikeE21286 said:
really good 3D could push me over the edge to get this.

The Giant Bomb quick look is very appealing.

Patrick sounds like he really likes it. Expecting a 4/5 from the review.

Rengoku

Quick question for those who have the game, the PSN pass code is inside the box right? not provided as a separate card from the game box?

Top Bottom