• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sounds much better than Resistance 2. Can anyone comment on the transitions between areas in R3? One of the things that always bugged me about Resistance 2 was how abruptly it bounced between different areas without providing any context.

Pranay

Dyno said:
Thanks for the impressions. Totally sitting this one out it seems. I finally got around to playing the MP beta and it was basically shit all around. Horrible animations, bad envrionments, and forgettable gunplay. The genre has moved way beyond what they offer.

If the SP is what you say it is then they haven't changed much since R2. Pass.

Many others have also given their impression and have said that R3 is more like R1 then R2.

Its getting good reviews as well.

Dyno

Pranay_ said:
Many others have also given their impression and have said that R3 is more like R1 then R2.

Its getting good reviews as well.

If this game came out in the summer when there was a big dry spell (for me) then I might have got it. But there is some truly amazing looking stuff coming out soon and I don't need to take a chance on something that has disappointed me previously.

I can't take the reviews seriously. R2 got 90's that nobody thought it deserved. In most cases I've seen R3 is getting a few points lower then that.

Did anyone besides me really enjoy Resistance 2's campaign? I mean, beyond just thinking it was mediocre? I've played just about every big FPS from this generation and R2 has my favorite campaign out of any of them.

Pranay

Dyno said:
If this game came out in the summer when there was a big dry spell (for me) then I might have got it. But there is some truly amazing looking stuff coming out soon and I don't need to take a chance on something that has disappointed me previously.

I can't take the reviews seriously. R2 got 90's that nobody thought it deserved. In most cases I've seen R3 is getting a few points lower then that.

Fair enough.

Dave1988

CozMick said:
Errrrrrrr no.

Europe don't get the game for another 3 days :\

Some retailers are already selling it here (Poland).

dark10x said:
Sounds much better than Resistance 2. Can anyone comment on the transitions between areas in R3? One of the things that always bugged me about Resistance 2 was how abruptly it bounced between different areas without providing any context.

Yeah, the transition from location A to B isn't as jarring as it was in R3.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dark10x said:
That's rather disappointing to hear. The Move controls in KZ3 were sublime. Without a doubt the single best example of a motion controlled FPS to date. It felt absolutely wonderful.

I was really hoping Resistance 3 would be as good in that regard.
From that review video, TTP at least felt that R3 implementation was as good, even better in some ways. As he's probably world's biggest authority on all things Move related, that should probably make you feel better :p Afaik, he didn't like the ironsights though.

Dave1988 said:
Some retailers are already selling it here (Poland).
How many spoken languages are there on the disk? Did you play it in English?

test_account

XP-39C²
I was hoping to get these yesterday, but i got them today instead :) Both Survival Edition and Special Edition =) Pity that i wont be able to play before later this week.

v6hy4y.jpg

U2NUMB

The_Darkest_Red said:
Did anyone besides me really enjoy Resistance 2's campaign? I mean, beyond just thinking it was mediocre? I've played just about every big FPS from this generation and R2 has my favorite campaign out of any of them.

I enjoyed R2 but saying it is the best campaign this generation is crazy. I will enjoy R3 campaign no doubt but I will have more fun with other shooters this fall (guessing, would be happy to be blown away by R3)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
From that video, TTP at least felt that R3 implementation was as good, even better in some ways. As he's probably world's biggest authority on all things Move related, that should probably make you feel better :p

lol thanks.

Anyway, ADS is were Resistance 3 mostly differs from other Move compatible shooters. It adopts a fixed reticule instead of a detached one, which is poorly implemented but pretty much saved by the way camera assist works.

As for cursor responsiveness (from the hip) and deadzone settings (option to shrink it to basically nothing - use it), it's the best.

Dave1988

Lord Error said:
How many spoken languages are there on the disk? Did you play it in English?

The language in the game depends on your system settings menu so I don't know how many different voice tracks are there.

I've played it in English but I also plan on playing it through with the Polish voice track to see how it holds up somewhere down the line.

Bradach

TTP said:
lol thanks.

Anyway, ADS is were Resistance 3 mostly differs from other Move compatible shooters. It adopts a fixed reticule instead of a detached one, which is poorly implemented but pretty much saved by the way camera assist works.

As for cursor responsiveness (from the hip) and deadzone settings (option to shrink it to basically nothing - use it), it's the best.
It'll be interesting to see how well move players do online compared to DS3 players. I hope it's as much fun as KZ3 online with move.

U2NUMB said:
I enjoyed R2 but saying it is the best campaign this generation is crazy. I will enjoy R3 campaign no doubt but I will have more fun with other shooters this fall (guessing, would be happy to be blown away by R3)
Yeah, I don't even really understand why I feel that way. I just loved the variety of the environments and the fun weapons, and I guess that was enough to make it stand out to me. What's your favorite?

darkwing

lowrider007 said:
People are now putting down Resistance's gun-play wtf?, it may not the best of the best but it's always been good, it certainly doesn't feel "week", unless that's changed in R3 but judging the beta I thought the weapons felt great perhaps I'm missing something.

its a matter of taste, like this review from CBS news

As with its predecessors, the star of Resistance 3 is its gun-play. In addition to its frenetic firefights and streamlined narrative, your arsenal has seen some modification as well.

Cudder

After telling myself I wasn't going to get it because of the impending explosive quarter we're about to enter...

IMG_20110906_101058.jpg

Time to dig in..

Cudder

The first DLC is already confirmed in the manual.

Survival DLC Pack...October 4.

New Invasion game mode.
Character skins for multiplayer
Static XMB theme

Lol

Damnit beaten

dralla

Cudder said:
The first DLC is already confirmed in the manual.

Survival DLC Pack...October 4.

New Invasion game mode.
Character skins for multiplayer
Static XMB theme

Lol

Damnit beaten
having to pay for a game mode is crazy

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
UPS guy needs to hurry the fuck up. After I finish being nice and taking my grandmother to a physical therapy appointment I want to start dismembering some Chimera.

Cudder

JB1981 said:
jsteve: can you give us some more info about Invasion? Is it like Invasion in Reach or something?
Capture and hold control points on the map for points. The more/longer you hold them, the more points you get...standard fare.

I rarely complain, but this patch is taking forever to download. I have 25mb download speeds and this patch is at 5% with 300 minutes remaining. SMH. At this rate I will not get to play at all before work, ugh.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
brandonh83 said:
Oh if only it didn't have that fucking Move label and all those logos at the bottom. Ah well that's what the custom art thread is for. :)
It has a reverable cover without all the logos. It looks awesome. No need for the art thread.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jstevenson said:
there are new maps, but you won't pay for them (patch). :-D
Like a baws.

Thats how MP DLC should be handled. Maps == FREE
Yo JS tell your friends at SCEA and SCEE to officially release games in Argentina! Paying 90 bucks (Even worse waiting one or two weeks) sucks.

Cudder

cjtiger300 said:
I rarely complain, but this patch is taking forever to download. I have 25mb download speeds and this patch is at 5% with 300 minutes remaining. SMH. At this rate I will not get to play at all before work, ugh.
Took me 10 minutes.

RoboPlato said:
UPS guy needs to hurry the fuck up. After I finish being nice and taking my grandmother to a physical therapy appointment I want to start dismembering some Chimera.

Taking your grandmother to an appointment is being nice? WTF, its your grandma, its not called being nice, its called being family.

U2NUMB

RoboPlato said:
It has a reverable cover without all the logos. It looks awesome. No need for the art thread.

Every game should have 2 sided covers.. one with the BS extra logos and one with nothing just logo and art. Similar to what we as gamers have had to do ourselves. With that being said I had no idea the cover was like this. Anyone have a pic of it switched? (Stuck at work here)

Cudder said:
Took me 10 minutes.

Yeah, I don't understand. I downloaded the Assassins Creed Revelations Beta (which was 2.6 GB) in about 20 mins. It makes no sense. I have never seen it move this slow. I just checked my connection and its just as fast as it always is. I just wondering if I should turn it off and start it over.

Persona7

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Yeah, I hate downloading big things off of PSN because it is SLOW AS FUCK. Sony throttles the download speeds off the service.

Top Bottom