• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
R3 review on Gametrailers... how much did they give it? Don't wanna watch the review, scared of spoilers :(

Desmond said:
Could someone enlighten me ?
which code? I got a 'boost pack' that put me at level 5 to start in MP and that worked just fine.
Also, there is just something so funny to me about getting a pair of rubber chimera teeth on a book string.

Desmond

WolfForager said:
It's probably just not on the PS store until Friday/Later in the week.
Hopefully I haven't voided it by prematurely typing? I'm just anxious, I want my Air Fuel!

BobTheFork said:
which code? I got a 'boost pack' that put me at level 5 to start in MP and that worked just fine.
Also, there is just something so funny to me about getting a pair of rubber chimera teeth on a book string.
For Air Fuel and some MP stuff I think

Yoshichan said:
R3 review on Gametrailers... how much did they give it? Don't wanna watch the review, scared of spoilers :(
8.8 and its pretty spoiler free

Toki767 said:
Is there really no R2 style co-op in this game? That was my favorite part of R2.

same here, what took the game from a buy to a rental for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuzzyreactor said:
8.8 and its pretty spoiler free
Do they show any bosses?

Great score.

BeeDog

While watching some of the video reviews, what struck me was the level design this time around. Despite my disappointment with the game's purely technical merits, Insomniac really struck gold with the levels this time around. They truly nailed the look of them; everything looks handcrafted and picturesque, pretty rare for a shooter these days.

Cudder

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
I heard you can't, but that was a while back. Isn't that one of the reasons they have a new game+ option?
I suppose, was just curious. Anyways, I think I'm nearing the end. The game definitely picks up a few hours in my god.

Team Klimt said:
Hate to break it to ya, but you need the PSN Pass to play online (co-op included).

the box has the pass and it worked.

EDIT: blockbuster by my house had 9 copies, and i checked them. they all had the pass. first renters get the pass. i did it for killzone3 also.

njean777

Gr1mLock said:
The game is a hell of a lot prettier than the media ive seen lets on.

Really, Imo it is sub-hd. I like the game but something about it just looks off. Not talking about the settings or anything or any levels, but the image quality is really lacking. Maybe I have been spoiled by pc games :(.

Chiggs

Gold Member
njean777 said:
Really, Imo it is sub-hd. I like the game but something about it just looks off. Not talking about the settings or anything or any levels, but the image quality is really lacking. Maybe I have been spoiled by pc games :(.

You really have to set the proper expectations for yourself when it comes to consoles vs pc. I, too, feel spoiled by 1080P AA/AF, but I like to think about what the developer is doing to hardwire what is really archaic hardware. Helps me appreciate things more.

Himself

Tagging those leaping things on the roof with the Bullseye is about as much fun as I've had with a gun in an FPS since the Portal gun came along.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, I only just played through the first couple areas,
(just reached St. Louis)
and this is absolutely blowing me away. I really enjoyed the first couple games but I always felt that the whole universe around it was a lot more interesting than anything that actually showed up in the games. This finally embraces the dark, hopeless atmosphere and creates a much more unique game than the other two. Combat is so much fun and it's been paced very well so far. Several parts have already given me chills. The soundtrack is also a ton better than the other games. I will be playing a ton more after dinner.

JB1981

Very early in. I am enjoying the atmosphere (attention to detail underground is great), interaction with NPCs is welcome and the graphics, while very soft and blurry, are complemented by good lighting and strong art direction. The chimera AI so far are extremely brain dead though. I am playing on Difficult. Also, Tommy Dean is awesome.

darkwing

RoboPlato said:
Wow, I only just played through the first couple areas,
(just reached St. Louis)
and this is absolutely blowing me away. I really enjoyed the first couple games but I always felt that the whole universe around it was a lot more interesting than anything that actually showed up in the games. This finally embraces the dark, hopeless atmosphere and creates a much more unique game than the other two. Combat is so much fun and it's been paced very well so far. Several parts have already given me chills. The soundtrack is also a ton better than the other games. I will be playing a ton more after dinner.

makes me feel sad at still not getting my copy

njean777

Chiggs said:
You really have to set the proper expectations for yourself when it comes to consoles vs pc. I, too, feel spoiled by 1080P AA/AF, but I like to think about what the developer is doing to hardwire what is really archaic hardware. Helps me appreciate things more.

Oh I understand, I buy most of my games on console, I have just been noticing it more since black ops I guess. I still think the art direction of the game is fantastic. I will eventually not see it anymore, it happens with new games for me sometimes.

Grisby

Played the first two chapters. The IQ is a bit too blurry for my liking but man some of the particle/weather effects are nice. Having a fun time so far, can;t wait to play more later!

Raonak

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I don't have internet connection for my PS3. Will the patch update still work?

Na, It's a download. so without an internet connection, it won't be able to download.

I think It's only for multiplayer anyway, so shouldn't matter since you have no connection.

Chiggs

Gold Member
patsu said:
For 3DTV/monitor gaming, it would depend on your display and games. The DLP ones are better. The Plasma and LED/LCD ones second to that.

Seriously. I couldn't get over how nice my new 3D DLP set handled 3D when I first set it up. Noticeably better than my LED set in my office.

DLP sets might not be as sleek, but they sure do have some advantages.

Raonak said:
Na, It's a download. so without an internet connection, it won't be able to download.

I think It's only for multiplayer anyway, so shouldn't matter since you have no connection.

Can anyone else confirm this? I don't want to go out and get the game only realize I can't play it due to a patch. I mean, hell, I would think it'd be better to update the MP if you select MP in the menu.

Raonak

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Can anyone else confirm this? I don't want to go out and get the game only realize I can't play it due to a patch. I mean, hell, I would think it'd be better to update the MP if you select MP in the menu.

all patches are optional. You can click O and It'll sign you out of PSN and you can play the game w/o the patch.

There might be some SP fixes, but it should be fully playable from beggining to end without the patch.

gibration

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Well you won't be able to play the mp without an internet connection but you should be able to play everything else including the sp just fine.

patsu

alr1ghtstart said:
I love that they put the online pass up, but no demo.

I think they should attend to existing customers first. Make sure the production servers are ok for R3 players. Then release the demo when they are sure they have extra capacity. Make sure the demo has the best patch too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
patsu said:
I think they should attend to existing customers first. Make sure the production servers are ok for R3 players. Then release the demo when they are sure they have extra capacity. Make sure the demo has the best patch too.

it's a SP demo.

Thrakier said:
Maybe they don't want people to try it before launch...
Well they were putting up the demo on launch day so people wren;t going to play it before luanch anyways. The demo got lots of people interested, they want peole to play it trust me.

Himself

I love being rewarded to try things differently. Whether it's the ribbons to buy stuff, or the different enemy reactions, I feel liKe they're encouraging us to try different things.

Kambing

Slurmer said:
anyone else preorder this from amazon and not get it today? :(

amazon prime, release date delivery, no dice...ugh

Chillax man, i have had the UPS dude deliver to me at 6 PM. Really depends where your house is on their delivery schedule. I have had items come in the morning, other times, as mentioned, at 6PM. My game still has not arrived but... I BELIEVE.

gibration

purple cobra said:
What happened?
Not sure. The PlayStation store update went live and the demo is nowhere to be found. The PS blog doesn't even mention the demo either. I'm sure JS will come and clear things in a bit.

No SP demo today?!
boo-this-man.gif

Top Bottom