• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Cheech

GAF! I need some help. I am stuck out and about with no real web browser. Does any big box store in the US have a deal on this game this week? Thanks!

Cheech said:
GAF! I need some help. I am stuck out and about with no real web browser. Does any big box store in the US have a deal on this game this week? Thanks!

Kmart is offering a $20 gaming coupon with purchase.

Toyrus is offering a 15 dollar one for today only.

Best Buy is offering 50% off one of these select titles with purchase of R3.
SOCOM 4 $39.99
Killzone 3 $39.99
MLB 11: The Show $39.99
Resistance Dual Pack $39.99
Uncharted Dual Pack $39.99
inFamous 2 $59.99

Zeth

Is there a standard time ps3 demos go up? Really want to check this out but I'm not seeing it on the store.

Slurmer said:
anyone else preorder this from amazon and not get it today? :(

amazon prime, release date delivery, no dice...ugh
It's nothing against you but this is why I chuckle when the Amazon defenseforce come out to say "lol can't wait until brick and mortar stores are done with",

Hopefully you get it tomorrow :(

REV 09

Team Klimt said:
Hate to break it to ya, but you need the PSN Pass to play online (co-op included).
most of the pass programs allow for about 48 hours of "trial" online play. i take it the PSN pass is different? that kinda sucks. You should at least be able to try the online, even if you buy it used.

Cheech

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Kmart is offering a $20 gaming coupon with purchase.

Toyrus is offering a 15 dollar one for today only.

Best Buy is offering 50% off one of these select titles with purchase of R3.
SOCOM 4 $39.99
Killzone 3 $39.99
MLB 11: The Show $39.99
Resistance Dual Pack $39.99
Uncharted Dual Pack $39.99
inFamous 2 $59.99

Whoa, thanks a ton! I will give the SOCOM deal at Best Buy a shot. Hope it's been patched, with maybe a classic map or two?

Square Triangle said:
It's nothing against you but this is why I chuckle when the Amazon defenseforce come out to say "lol can't wait until brick and mortar stores are done with",

And the Amazon defense force saves a lot of money on every single game they buy all year long.

Also, I've pre-ordered at least 20 games from Amazon over the past few years and have never had one arrive late.

BruiserBear said:
And the Amazon defense force saves a lot of money on every single game they buy all year long.

Also, I've pre-ordered at least 20 games from Amazon over the past few years and have never had one arrive late.
And that's awesome for you, not everyone has the same luck. Ive had release date delivery show up two days later =/

Did anyone else scroll over to the video part of the XMB while Resistance 3 was in the system? There are game and movie previews and freaking music videos to AC/DC and Ozzy Osbourne lollll

Cheech said:
Whoa, thanks a ton! I will give the SOCOM deal at Best Buy a shot. Hope it's been patched, with maybe a classic map or two?

I just played Socom 4 and it's patched and with a code I believe you get free DLC. I didn't try it out though, because I sucked at it online. Single player was really short too.

I love this game. I'm not too far from the boat level that was in the demo, and I'm blown away so far. What a damn good job Insomniac has done with this game. I love it. I can't wait to play more of the campaign and also see the new maps in multiplayer. :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sorry about the demo, apparently something went wrong in format somewhere and it got backburnered to get 1.01 and 1.02 done for final, I didn't find out until today.

Slurmer

Banned
Square Triangle said:

but it says it's been in my home city since 8:40AM this morning, what are they waiting for :( life's not worth living...

also I never get to say it in the NHL thread, but your avatar is fannntastic.

jstevenson said:
Sorry about the demo, apparently something went wrong in format somewhere and it got backburnered to get 1.01 and 1.02 done for final, I didn't find out until today.

Can we expect a demo at sometime in the near future? Will probably buy anyway but it'd help push the product.

Thrakier

jstevenson said:

So...we won't see it for a few weeks I guess?

patsu

jstevenson said:

v1.02 is the first post day one patch ?
The one that will address one of the MP issues we reported during the beta.

njean777

Kabuki Waq said:
game is awesome. 1 complaint maybe its becvause i play pc games alot more now but does the game seem really blurry to anyone else?

This may be because it is sub-hd, black ops looks the same on ps3.

patsu

fuzzyreactor said:
campaign is soooo good. maybe the best of any pure FPS on consoles

also really impressed on how the guns feel

Holy f*ck, I thought you weren't too hot on the game earlier ? I remember you rented the game right ?

fuzzyreactor said:
campaign is soooo good. maybe the best of any pure FPS on consoles

also really impressed on how the guns feel

yea game is something special. But then again i was also a huge fan of resistance 2. I just love the feel of combat in these games.

Cheech

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
A 656 mb patch? What the hell is this?

AAAAAAAAAARGH

I am installing it right now. The download took 13 or so minutes, and the installation is taking even longer. FFS guys. The patch is ver 1.01 for whoever asked.

Agent X

I picked up the game today, and I've completed the first two chapters in the campaign. So far, it's very good, and I love the way they handled the tutorial portion of the game. The artwork and atmosphere is great--Insomniac has nailed the period.

Two complaints that I figured I'd mention:

1. The manual is rather basic and plain in style, compared to the much more attractive and elaborate manuals we were treated to with the other games in the series.

2. I'm playing using Move controls, and the control during the "zoom" mode doesn't feel right. It has way too much of a tendency to drift.

Kambing

Y2Kev said:
What do you think about the difficulty of r1 and rpoo?

It has been too long since i played the games but i chuckled at what you said, completely missed it the first time i read it =P

Ken

Apologies if posted:

Giant Bomb's Resistance 3 review

Edit: Ah, didn't notice there was a separate thread for reviews. Sorry.

Saw the GB live stream of the game. Second time I've seen the game (first time was some trailer a very long time ago). The story seems really interesting and the alternate fire on weapons is pretty cool as well.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Agent X said:
1. The manual is rather basic and plain in style, compared to the much more attractive and elaborate manuals we were treated to with the other games in the series.

Just isn't the money for manuals there used to be. Though wait till you see the Japanese manual, it slays.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The 3D in this game is pretty damn good...after playing a POS like Enslaved which charged $9.99 for a piss poor add-on with horrible 3D implementation, it's refreshing to see this done so well.

Started a campaign coop. Omg this game is great, beat my expectations x100. Cannot wait to dive more into it once I've got the time. Imo this is hands down the best Resistance well done Insomniac!

KingK

Well, I just caved and ordered it on Amazon. It'll be here on Friday ( just in time to play through the campaign this weekend). I was craving some more of the multiplayer today when I remembered that the beta was over, lol. That, combined with all the positive feedback on the single player has pushed me over the edge.

I might just not get Skyward Sword this year to balance my gaming budget. For some reason I've been feeling no excitement for that game, even though I normally love Zelda. I still need to get ICO collection, Batman, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim this year. Probably end up not getting Skyrim right away and just asking for that for Christmas.

It's tough being a poor college student, lol.

FUUUUU I need my fix
Seriously I started playing when I got the game, got about 45 minutes in then had to split. I need to find a way to leave early and just have all these calls come to my phone.
Serously IG, you guys are partly responsible for me finishing school and getting this job, NOW WHAT!??!

edit: ^^^^ promise land my freind. I may not actaully get any of the money I earn for years because of debt, but I'm told I'm doing really well and it's finishing school that did it.

JB1981

This game is like the anti-R2. The narrative is very solid. The dialog with NPCs is often times humorous and endearing (kind of like the marines in Halo). The game doesn't try to overwhelm you with SCALE SCALE SCALE but instead goes to great lengths to add color and texture to the game world. The sets are full of little details like graffiti on walls, NPCs tell tales of their families, there is radio chatter from other lands in the US and abroad, the art direction is varied and rich with detail. It feels more like a PC shooter, if that makes any sense. Half-Life I guess. My biggest disappointment so far is not in the presentation, but in the AI and gameplay. I'm playing on Difficult and the AI is very standard fare. They seem to either stand in a position looking dumbfounded or bum rush you. I feel like I am rarely challenged, perhaps it's because I can pause the action and go to my weapon wheel ... the guns are pretty fun, I like the atomizer... so far I will say that this game is head and shoulders above its predecessors when it comes to fleshing out a living, breathing, hostile world, but is coming up a bit short in the gameplay department. I am having a good time but I wanted something a little more dynamic out of the AI

highrider

Banned
played the first two chapters. bravo insomniac. great job. i had a fairly high expectation and you exceeded it. i'm enjoying using these wonderful weapons. the environments and art direction are great.

patsu

BobTheFork said:
edit: ^^^^ promise land my freind. I may not actaully get any of the money I earn for years because of debt, but I'm told I'm doing really well and it's finishing school that did it.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

pickle said:
played the first two chapters. bravo insomniac. great job. i had a fairly high expectation and you exceeded it. i'm enjoying using these wonderful weapons. the environments and art direction are great.
dude, your avatar... I keep thinking you are beatbox. I'll have to say yeah having SEEN the game in development a few months ago they are blowing my expectations away. I remember talking to one of the devs before community day and he was in the middle of trying to create the
corn field segment
. It's crazy how they have found the heart of the series once more and it all came together really well.

edit: Patsu lol, thanks. That's why I'm barely online anymore. I'm going to have more time in a few weeks but this is my first job ever outside of the restaurant business and it's been weird. I keep getting these big-ass checks and I can't use lol. In an few months i'll only have the student loans left and then it's time to buy an arcade cabinet!!!!!!!

patsu

BobTheFork said:
dude, your avatar... I keep thinking you are beatbox. I'll have to say yeah having SEEN the game in development a few months ago they are blowing my expectations away. I remember talking to one of the devs before community day and he was in the middle of trying to create the
corn field segment
. It's crazy how they have found the heart of the series once more and it all came together really well.

lol. Me too !
Would be awesome if he comes back someday.

edit: Patsu lol, thanks. That's why I'm barely online anymore. I'm going to have more time in a few weeks but this is my first job ever outside of the restaurant business and it's been weird. I keep getting these big-ass checks and I can't use lol. In an few months i'll only have the student loans left and then it's time to buy an arcade cabinet!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Buy an "investment", not a "liability".

Top Bottom