• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

gibration

kingofthedead, can you even play online with that internet? If not then fuck the patch, cancel that shit, and get straight to playing the sp.

gibration

Loudninja said:
You guys do know they patch a small issues in SP as well?
Yea I know but I doubt any of them were major.

Edit: Goddamn mp is still buggy. I see people teleporting left and right and I was just put into a game where the only option was for me to quit game.

HYDE

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
Youre buying the game for yourself at the end of the day. Who gives it a shit what the reviewers think.

I know, it's just bothersome to think other people might believe the bullshit.

HYDE said:
This bullshit with Sony exclusives is getting bullshittier by the month:

Killzone 3 84
Infamous 2 83
Resistance 3 83

Whatever... All three are must owns and reviewers need to quit sucking cock.

Let me guess Uncharted 3 84.
the scores seem pretty accurate to me. Id give infamous a 85, KZ3 a 70 (thats being nice) and this game something in the high 80s

Cheska

GAF hype and these amazing review scores have pushed me over the edge. Game has been bought and currently installing on my PS3 :D

gibration said:
kingofthedead, can you even play online with that internet? If not then fuck the patch, cancel that shit, and get straight to playing the sp.

Yeah I can, I played the beta pretty fine. I do have trouble playing sf3 online(in a lobby) and mvc3(in a lobby as well) but its usually a little higher then that. I think it cause I tested it out while doing the download.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
HYDE said:
I know, it's just bothersome to think other people might believe the bullshit.

Gaming journalism is beyond irrelevant at this point imo. Its actually funny to me because i remember when R2 was getting great scores i was screaming at my monitor. Now that R3 is kinda getting lukewarm reviews I just find myself not caring. Credibility in game journalism is a ship that sailed long ago.

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting insane lag during MP? I got a really fast connection. Never had a problem with lag besides Brink. It's really dropping bad when the action heats up.

samus4ever said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one getting insane lag during MP? I got a really fast connection. Never had a problem with lag besides Brink. It's really dropping bad when the action heats up.
yea, it's unplayable

Cudder

samus4ever said:
Yup same here.

Pranay

HYDE said:
This bullshit with Sony exclusives is getting bullshittier by the month:

Killzone 3 84
Infamous 2 83
Resistance 3 83

Whatever... All three are must owns and reviewers need to quit sucking cock.

Let me guess Uncharted 3 84.

Both of them should be higher

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
pappakenoo said:
It is everything but irrelevant when it comes to affecting game sales though.

Well i honestly don't know the figures of how much A affects B..so i cant really claim one or another. I'm just assuming your average gaffer is more informed than the rest of the intrawebs.

Duffyside

Banned
... Wow. So good.

So impressed immediately, and I've gone from an "iffy, only really going to buy it because these guys make Ratchet" to "stopping cuz I need sleep; can't wait til tomorrow."

The atmosphere is what initially caught my eye; it's almost Bioshock-esque in its quality. Bioshock has more detail in the settings, but R3 has more NPCs. Great sound effects in the weapons, in the floors creaking, in the explosions. And fun weapons, but that was a given. Good encounter design.

But my favorite aspect so far has to be the gamey stuff. The knowledge that there was New Game + is what made me say "well, ok, maybe this is something I should consider day 1." Weapons upgrading AS YOU USE THEM was even better. But I love the way that the game updates you as you're playing how you're doing with levels and with trophies. I don't mind that I'm playing a game; in fact, I embrace it, and I'm glad Insomniac has as well.

One last "embrace-the-gameyness" question though, before this game really steals my heart; will I be able to go back into the game after finishing via a Chapter select? For finishing up trophies or to just enjoy a specific part? If this game has that and multiple parts to choose from in each Chapter... oh man, I will be so happy.

CozMick

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
So what's the idea behind putting a whole MP mode up as DLC and announcing it before the EU launch? Just curious, is all...

On one hand it shows intent, supporting the game post release.

On the other hand it shows a greedy dev...

If anyone wants to play co-op with me, feel free to add my PSN: CloudOne
or PM me your ID if you aren't currently on your PS3.

I'm only on Chapter 5 though.

Thrakier

So, looks like I'm about to eat crow and I like that! Will definitly buy R3 after finishing Infamous 2 next month.

Sadly JS didn't answer on how to expect the demo now. :(

i so wish this game had resistance 2 coop. could have been a GOTY contender

the coop in R3 is pretty useless to me. Was playing with a mate earlier and realized i was having more fun in SP than with someone else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Madrical said:
I haven't played it yet, but wut?
Got the exact same feeling when I saw the Giant Bomb quick look. It's got that same identical atmosphere and the NPCs talk to each other all the time like they do in HL2.

Pikma said:
Anyone? I reaaaally need to know. :(

Played almost 2 hours but the lag is really bad for the most part. It's not as buggy as the beta though from what I've played. I haven't spawned into a wall like I did before.

Melchiah

Wohoo! The steelbook special edition just came in the mail.

2hggR.jpg

Melchiah

Mush said:
Umm, do you live in a morgue by chance?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29913723&postcount=45

glaurung said:
No, lung cancer was a pre-order goodie.

=D

P.S. I love the minimalistic covers. All the labels and logos (excluding PS3, Insomniac and PlayStation Network) are on the plastic sheet, that covers the steelbook, but there's none in the steelbook itself. Love the combination of rusty orange and light brown colors, and the vinyl looking disc. Just perfect!

Top Bottom