• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Ashes

Banned
Cudder said:
I'm rushing through the campaign on easy to level up all my weapons so I can jump into Superhuman difficulty, the shotgun is sooo good.

You have to play on normal or higher to unlock it, I think.

Grisby

Ashes1396 said:
Goodness! what is it about this game? can't remember so many people completing it so very often.

I'm on ch15 out of 20 and have had it since yesterday. Not playing straight through either. I'd say its about average FPS length nowadays.

Cudder

Ashes1396 said:
Goodness! what is it about this game? can't remember so many people completing it so very often.
I actually think Resistance 3 is the only game I've ever completed in one session.

Now, I was off the whole day, got the game in the morning, and the game is pretty short, but I like to think the game itself is so good I didn't want to put it down until I finished it. ;)

Ashes

Banned
Cudder said:
I actually think Resistance 3 is the only game I've ever completed in one session.

Now, I was off the whole day, got the game in the morning, and the game is pretty short, but I like to think the game itself is so good I didn't want to put it down until I finished it. ;)

That's what I meant.

Vanquish was very short, and so awesome, but I finished it twice 3 months apart.

Achtius

I think I am at chapter 8. So far, I really like the storytelling and artstyle of the game (way better than resistance 2). The atmosphere is much more better.

If i change my difficulty mid-way from normal to casual for one level and change it back to normal, will I still unlock the superhuman difficulty?

Pikma

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
If developers have day 1 patches in the works, why don't they allow us to pre-download them at the earliest availble opportunity?

Same thing I wonder, a "If you intend to buy R3 in launch week, pre-download this Day-one patch" would do no harm. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Holy shit... you can't pause the cutscenes. Welcome back to 1999.

Missed a big moment because something more important (real life) needed immediate attention.

Just ridiculous.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sure glad they left the Stan Marsh voice over for that one guy in. My god it makes it so hard to play I keep freaking laughing.

Evolved1 said:

Missed a big moment because something more important (real life) needed immediate attention.

Just ridiculous.
you can rewatch all the cutscenes in the extras menu

Kambing

Damn, this game man, this game.

I am at chapter 12 i think, and boy oh boy has it been a ride. The atmosphere is really awesome, especially the parts where you get to see other people in the world, really achieves the mood of total desperation. I am expecting a twist in the story but feel like i already know what is going to happen?
Feels like Capelli's wife in chapter 1 or 2 had some behind the scene thing going on with the professor/doctor? Hidden motif i think.

Can't wait to start MP.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Not sure of anyone peeped this but in the enemy journal, the illustration of the Stalker shows its weakpoint that reads "massive damage"! Pretty hilarious love the people over at Insomniac and that sense of humor/poking fun

Evolved1

fuzzyreactor said:
you can rewatch all the cutscenes in the extras menu

Well that's better than nothing. Still ridiculous though...

I have to say the game has been pretty fun. Seems like it's going by pretty quick. Usually it takes me a long time to finish games compared to everyone else, but this seems like it's going by real fast.

Evolved1 said:

Just ridiculous.
Um a lot of games dont let you pause.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pikma said:
Same thing I wonder, a "If you intend to buy R3 in launch week, pre-download this Day-one patch" would do no harm. :(

I just don't know if that's possible with the way PSN is set up to deliver patches

patsu

jstevenson said:
no killstreaks in the hardcore playlist either.

Bu..bu.. but, teh "standalone" A..Au...Auger ! ;-)

EDIT: Okay, diving into the game right now. I want to take it slow so it doesn't end too quickly. "New game smell" is always better than NG+. :)

Evolved1

Syphon Filter said:
Um a lot of games dont let you pause.

I don't agree with this... I can;t think of a single example. Maybe some bargain bin shovelware game. But give me one example of a big budget game that doesn't let you pause cutscenes, not even with the XMB.

JB1981 said:
game takes a very large, stinky dump on killzone 3

I think KZ3 was better than this in almost every way. But it certainly is much better than R2.

Pikma

Banned
jstevenson said:
I just don't know if that's possible with the way PSN is set up to deliver patches

Yeah, I highly doubt it myself, but it would be a very welcome solution on future platforms. :)

dralla

Yea, so I was thinking about single player in FPS this gen. I would say after Orange Box, R3 is probably my favorite. I just wish I got the Air Fuel Grenade, fuckin' Amazon :\ I sent them an e-mail and they send me the same code that didn't work the first time

JB1981

Evolved1 said:
I don't agree with this... I can;t think of a single example. Maybe some bargain bin shovelware game. But give me one example of a big budget game that doesn't let you pause cutscenes, not even with the XMB.

I think KZ3 was better than this in almost every way. But it certainly is much better than R2.
You beat the game already?

Duffyside

Banned
This game has way too much motion blur. I'm really having trouble keeping track of what's going on. I find myself squinting way too much.

If you want to get an idea of just how crazy stupid the motion blur is in R3, set yourself up to a character as they're about to run, and run with them while looking at the NPC. You'll think you're working with the fucking Flash.

Raonak

Banned
Installing.... UGH! The waiting is unbearable. Too hyped.

The intro movie thing was too short, only got to 18% by the time it was over. Could've easily been expanded.

Hopefully this explains a lot of stuff. R:fom did a bad job at explaining anything, R2 was better in that respect.

Evolved1

Give Insomniac some serious credit here on environments and atmosphere. There are moments when this is up there with the best in the business.

JB1981 said:
You beat the game already?

No, I have not. I'm close to 3/4. My opinion is based on what I've seen so far. Maybe the comment was premature, and there's the possibility that suddenly the last quarter of the game will change my mind... R3 is really good so far, but I'm just not feeling this one like I did Killzone.

T-0800

Just bought Resistance 3 for $99 AUS. Our dollar is worth more than the US dollar so consider yourself lucky that you can buy it for $60. I could of imported it for much less of course but I wanted it day one.

patsu said:
Pray tell. What happened here ?

If it's Demon's Souls and you're 30-45 seconds into the game, I can guess what happened to you ;-) but not here yet.

nothing specific just how awesome it is overall, the atmosphere is owning me hard.

Evolved1 said:
Hell no, KZ3 campaign was pathetic. Heck, even the guns feel better in R3 than K3 and thats what KZ2 was known for. KZ3 is the most disappointing game this gen IMO

Kinda funny i bought Killzone 3 and sold it 2 weeks later(never did finish the campaign, it was that bad) yet i rented R3 and now im going to buy it.

fuzzyreactor said:
Hell no, KZ3 campaign was pathetic. Heck, even the guns feel better in R3 than K3 and thats what KZ2 was known for. KZ3 is the most disappointing game this gen IMO

Kinda funny i bought Killzone 3 and sold it 2 weeks later(never did finish the campaign, it was that bad) yet i rented R3 and now im going to buy it.
so guns don't feel light anymore in R3?

Achtius

Raonak said:
Installing.... UGH! The waiting is unbearable. Too hyped.

The intro movie thing was too short, only got to 18% by the time it was over. Could've easily been expanded.

Hopefully this explains a lot of stuff. R:fom did a bad job at explaining anything, R2 was better in that respect.

really?

I enjoy the story telling in R1 more than R2, R2 just go from one place to another without explaining much. YOU ARE HERE, NOW THERE , OMG WTF IS HAPPENING :O

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Started playing this in 3D, hoo boy. It's really nice, just wondering if the 3D is putting my aiming off. Seems to be harder to lock on than usual.

gibration

Weapons no longer feel like shit, they have a heavy feel to them now. They don't feel like Killzone weapons but they still feel good.

mattiewheels said:
Started playing this in 3D, hoo boy. It's really nice, just wondering if the 3D is putting my aiming off. Seems to be harder to lock on than usual.
I was noticing quite a bit of crosstalk when trying the 3D out. Only tried it in the underground den you start the game in though. So I gave it up right then.

Did you notice any green doubling of edges on certain things? My TV is supposed to be very good at 3D, so I doubt that is the cause.

mattiewheels said:
Do you feel like the crosshair doubles when you aim down sights? It may be because I have it a near full 3D depth, but it feels like the sights don't focus up quite right.

I've already had 2 major bugs during the campaign. One hard lockup right as the early boat mission should have began, and a scripting bug that required a restart, right when your supposed to fight the brawler in the post office.

:|

T-0800

leng jai said:
Hows the audio and weapons feel? Two aspects that were very poor in Resistance 2.

I jumped at the sound of an explosion at the end of chapter 1.

Loving what I've played so far. Bravo IG.

delta25

Banned
Kos Luftar said:
I'm only up to chapter 3 and I just want to say this game is beautiful. Best looking game on PS3 that I have played so far.

It just goes to show you that you can have an amazing looking game with out having a high resolution.

Top Bottom