• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

delta25 said:
wow, what a fucking ending.

amazing game is amazing.
...yeah time to bail on the thread so I don't get spoiled.
I was already pissed I heard klepek say they didn't anwer enough questions but after a few chapters and hearing him talk, I think he may not have the best grasp. He didn't ever remember what the twist of the first game was. I'll go crazy and talk about spoilers tomorrow or Friday.

I'm still in St. Louis, but yeah, they hit it out of the park on this one. Game Informer= Haters gonna Hate/Moneyhats/Xbot, etc. If you have a PS3 and like shooters, then buy it immediately. If you don't have 60 dollars, do what you gotta do. Seriously, best shooter since Far Cry. Possibly the best PS3 shooter, depending on your love of Killzone 2.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
How lame the story recap video cut out to a generic black screen telling me that its installing at 20 percent

Should have booted it up before watching your football tonight.

Mush

I've just started Chapter 2 and I can already tell this will be a hell of a game.

Can't wait to get home again!

george_us

The gunplay feels so good and the level design is light years ahead of the first two games. I have to say that they do a lot with the graphics. The textures aren't the highest quality and some of the animations are wonky but stuff like the motion blur and the way particle effects blow in the wind make this game feel extremely convincing.

gibration

Syphon Filter said:
How is the online? if i didn't like R2's online and hate cod will i like this?
Hmm... that's a tough one. I'd like to say yes but I am not too confident with my answer. Did you play the beta?

tanod

when is my burrito
delta25 said:
I don't think I have ever seen a game so universally praised.

I think expectations were really low after R2. They didn't really show a whole lot of the game outside of the beta and a few blog posts.

Pikma

Banned
Syphon Filter said:
How is the online? if i didn't like R2's online and hate cod will i like this?

I haven't played a COD since MW1, and even then I played it just a little bit, so I'm not sure if I can compare it, but I love it, and I don't even like FPS that much. C:

gibration said:
Hmm... that's a tough one. I'd like to say yes but I am not too confident with my answer. Did you play the beta?
No didn't get a chance to. The campaign looks awesome but i also hope the multiplayer is good.

Grisby

Man that next to last level kinda sucks. In fact in the middle theres just a good chunk of it thats not a lot of fun to play.

Still, I can't wait to finish it tomorrow and see if it ends on a high note. The guns, since I pretty much had all of them at this point feel a lot better then any other Resistance game and they seem to pack weight too. The gun models still kinda look like toys but they are fun to shoot.

Stoffinator

fuzzyreactor said:
Hell no, KZ3 campaign was pathetic. Heck, even the guns feel better in R3 than K3 and thats what KZ2 was known for. KZ3 is the most disappointing game this gen IMO

Kinda funny i bought Killzone 3 and sold it 2 weeks later(never did finish the campaign, it was that bad) yet i rented R3 and now im going to buy it.

I personally still like KZ3 more. But R3 is still very good.

gibration

Syphon Filter said:
No didn't get a chance to. The campaign looks awesome but i also hope the multiplayer is good.
It plays more like R:FoM than R2 and the only reason it feels similar to CoD is because of the perks and killstreaks. Overall it plays like a mix of Halo and Resistance.
fuzzyreactor said:
So, any plans of R2 like coop for DLC?

:)
I would honestly love a 'horde' mode for this game.

tanod

when is my burrito
dralla said:
are the new maps going to be new? or possibly older maps from R1, like Rooftops?
Rooftops would be amazing. Even better would be that "circle map" that I can't remember the name of from R1. I remember it was just a wave of GAFfers circling the map like a lawn mower. Felt like a roller coaster. It was glorious. Never had an FPS experience like that before and since. Nottingham?

How much work would it take to get the classic R1 maps back in? Ungodly amounts of time and money, I'm sure.

someone tell me how far I am!
just got sent to go find Jonathan

I'm only asking because I haven't played much and according to the map at least I'm almost at the end. I'm sure that's somewhat misleading though.

T-0800

Generic said:
I'm someone who is on the fence. Anyone have any reviews that go into detail without spoilers on how it is?

*pushes Generic off fence*

You're welcome. Now grab a gun there's a stalker coming.

Grisby

brandonh83 said:
someone tell me how far I am!
just got sent to go find Jonathan

I'm only asking because I haven't played much and according to the map at least I'm almost at the end. I'm sure that's somewhat misleading though.

Maybe halfway through. On the latter half of the 20 chapters.

Violater

tanod said:
I think expectations were really low after R2. They didn't really show a whole lot of the game outside of the beta and a few blog posts.

A winning approach IMO

Would love love love the Manchester cathedral map remake, mutating and going on a rampage would be awesome.

Grisby said:
Maybe halfway through. On the latter half of the 20 chapters.

hmm, that's not bad then I guess. One small problem I'm having so far is that there's not much actual traversing, I feel that a lot of the journeying is just done in the cutscenes and stuff. hopefully that changes.

patsu

brandonh83 said:
hmm, that's not bad then I guess. One small problem I'm having so far is that there's not much actual traversing, I feel that a lot of the journeying is just done in the cutscenes and stuff. hopefully that changes.

Which chapter are you at now ?

patsu said:
Which chapter are you at now ?

not sure which chapter exactly, but as I noted above I'm at
the part where you meet another group of people in a church and you're sent to find a dude named Jonathan

Hazelhurst

The Nav is not working in the main menu. Is there a trick to get this working or am I in the minority on this issue?

By the way, I love the Chimeran yellow/gold light on the Move. That was a nice surprise. Very classy.

patsu

brandonh83 said:
not sure which chapter exactly, but as I noted above I'm at
the part where you meet another group of people in a church and you're sent to find a dude named Jonathan

Play some more...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
darkressurection said:
Do you feel like the crosshair doubles when you aim down sights? It may be because I have it a near full 3D depth, but it feels like the sights don't focus up quite right.
Yeah, exactly. There's a double crosshair basically, and I can close one eye to make it go away, ha. Maybe that was what they wanted, squint immersion. I turned the depth down a bit and it's still doubled, too.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:

That was a problem in R2. As long as there arent any strange time jumps or huge location jumps without anything in between.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Joe Capelli is a goddamn idiot at times. Some of his actions during cutscenes just make me scratch my head.

Nearly falling to his death from the VTOL because he wants to chase his kid's mitten?

Anyway, I really am loving the story. And the locations in this game are great.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Teknoman said:
That was a problem in R2. As long as there arent any strange time jumps or huge location jumps without anything in between.
There is one big jump in location but it make sense. It's not as disjointed as in R2 where one second you were in Chicago then instantly in Iceland.

First time ever I cant afford to be buying a game and this comes out......My buddy told me I could go to his house and borrow his brothers copy of the game so we can both play it on seperate tvs and ps3s. But he told me he had to put in a code for the game??? is this one of those new multiplayer codes? that you cant play the multi unless you buy it brand new???

Pikma

Banned
patsu said:
:lol I'm afraid of your K/D ratio, gal.

So now I'm losing friends for being good at a game? :p
This is actually the first time I'm good at MP, I think I'll get back at being a noob at Uncharted or something. </3

Edit: Now that I think about it, why would you be afraid? we're supposed to be a team, pal!

Top Bottom