• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Loudninja

RoboPlato said:
1.02 is up in the US. 676MB :(

Let's hope it fixes the lag and some of the SP scripting errors. I guess I'll go back to playing in a little over an hour.
Hmm IG said it had a couple single player and co-op fixes in the patch as well.

ShogunX

Fucks sake another 600mb+ patch. Thats well over a gb now of patches and the game has only been out a few days.

Be nice if games actually got released when they where completed. Seems like the beta was utterly pointless.

patsu

Ashes1396 said:
So is that 1.2 gb I have download, when I get my game tommorrow?

I hope not ! Good gracious. Sony need to roll the 2 patches into 1.

Does anyone have the patch notes ?

EDIT: God blesses corporate network. Patch 1.0.2 done. ^_^
But folks at home would be p*ssed !!!

mblitek

GAF I need some help! My RAGE is building! How the hell do you get past this part:

Defeating the Chimeran dropship with the rocket launcher. Any special tactics, hiding places? I can get past the point when it drops off 3 Chimera but holy hell, how many rockets does it take?

Finally got by it!

Cudder

mblitek said:
GAF I need some help! My RAGE is building! How the hell do you get past this part:

Defeating the Chimeran dropship with the rocket launcher. Any special tactics, hiding places? I can get past the point when it drops off 3 Chimera but holy hell, how many rockets does it take?
you need to get to the top of the bridge where there's the last ammo you'll need to take it down.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
mblitek said:

It takes about 8 rockets, I think. Could be a couple more than that. There's a covered area behind one of the broken buses that leads to an area under the bridge that's pretty well covered from the dropship's fire and has a lot of Wildfire ammo. It's a bit harder to hit it from there but it's a lot easier to stay alive.

RockmanWhore said:
Damn, another slow ass 600 MB update. The updates from the beta were 22MB big, what happened Insomniac? :(
The first update to the beta was 1.3GB. So about the size of these first two patches.

ChanHuk

Banned
Picked R3 up this morning, booted it up and patch......played for about 2hrs then booted it up again and another patch......isn't this why I don't play PC games because of all the bloody patches?

But so far, this game is amazing. The SP campaign is probably one of the best so far I've played on the PS3.

Mrbob

So I picked this up earlier today, downloaded and installed a 650MB patch. Then I installed the game to my PS3 hdd. Then my power went out for about an hour so I couldn't play the game before heading out. Now when I get home tonight I'll have download another 650mb patch, sweet!

I'll never play this game. I say this in jest, however, what is the deal with 1.3GB of patching within a couple days of release? I'm a fairly heavy PC gamer and I hardly see this type of patching action at launch. Or at all. PC patch file sizes are relatively small most of the time.

If 1.02 includes the 1.01 patch, can't you just split it off? Or is the PS3 patching system so antiquated this isn't allowed?

Ashes

Banned
Why can't you have background downloading of the patches again? so that only people who are affected by something or the other, can wait to install a fix, and the rest of us, can just get on with it.

darkwing

pharmboy044 said:
So does this mean any new players will have to download around a gig for the combined patch?

some games do not do this, newest patch carryover the old patches, no idea about R3

Kambing

Mrbob said:
So I picked this up earlier today, downloaded and installed a 650MB patch. Then I installed the game to my PS3 hdd. Then my power went out for about an hour so I couldn't play the game before heading out. Now when I get home tonight I'll have download another 650mb patch, sweet!

I'll never play this game. I say this in jest, however, what is the deal with 1.3GB of patching within a couple days of release? I'm a fairly heavy PC gamer and I hardly see this type of patching action at launch. Or at all. PC patch file sizes are relatively small most of the time.

Yeah dude, i was just about to play this afternoon to find another 600mb patch, kind of sucks -_-. Oh well, what can you do.

Trevelyon

Got to be fucking kidding, damn second patch threw me right of my SP game and back to the XMB. I don't mind getting it in my own time, but fuck that's highly annoying.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
darkwing said:
yup it starts slow in the early chapters, but early on, its better than 1 and 2 already
Aside from the tutorial I thought the game moved at a frantic pace and I loved that. It doesn't waste time by easing the player into combat, you're just thrown from one encounter onto the next...Jesus, I love this game. Already coining a second playthrough on superhuman and trophy hunting. The campaign is 2ndthe only to KZ2's in my humble opinion. Insomniac Im going to give you some free advertising, GO BUY RESISTANCE 3, IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN GOOD!

Achtius

argh, I was playing single player and it prompt me to update. I accidentally push okay instead of cancel....I guess my progress is lost >_<

How far along the game am I?

Currently
in NY where I am trying to survive the chimera attack with 2/3 stalkers attacking me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Achtius said:
argh, I was playing single player and it prompt me to update. I accidentally push okay instead of cancel....I guess my progress is lost >_<

How far along the game am I?

Currently
in NY where I am trying to survive the chimera attack with 2/3 stalkers attacking me.
2 more chapters but they're fairly short.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
KennyLinder said:
Are the patches only for MP?
No. The first one had a few things for SP and co-op and this one supposedly does as well but we won't know for sure until the patch notes are out.

Shogun PaiN said:
Fucks sake another 600mb+ patch. Thats well over a gb now of patches and the game has only been out a few days.

Be nice if games actually got released when they where completed. Seems like the beta was utterly pointless.

The beta was suppose to have started sooner except for you know the whole month long psn outage.

dralla

ok so I finally got my air fuel grenade and holy shit it is bad, no wonder it is not in the game. i was expecting the big huge fire explosion from R1 but it sends out a tiny ring.

anyway, on my second play-through and god damn it is fun when you have maxed out weapons. Overkill upgrade on the magnum, Big Bang on the Atomizer, the fire grenade on the Rossmore....shiiiit, close range combat is so good in this game. i must've caught 15 grims in the atomizer seconday and was arc'ing 8 more on the side. so damn good

Koralsky

Trevelyon said:
Got to be fucking kidding, damn second patch threw me right of my SP game and back to the XMB. I don't mind getting it in my own time, but fuck that's highly annoying.

Same, that's awful - I was at the end of the game...

RoboPlato said:
No. The first one had a few things for SP and co-op and this one supposedly does as well but we won't know for sure until the patch notes are out.

Oh well, 1.2gb to download then. Still, at least I'll have Starfox 64 3D to play tomorrow too :)

Loudninja

Patch notes:
Patch 1.02 for Resistance 3 is now available worldwide. We apologize for having two large patches this close to launch, but as you know, we’ve had a lot of issues to address from the Public Beta, and this has created the need for large patches. If you just want to play SP, you can ignore the patches (though there are some small fixes to the campaign) – but to go online, you will need to download them.

We wanted to detail some of the fixes in 1.02 for you. There are A LOT of fixes in this patch, some of which some players may not notice and are not worth detailing, but here are the big ones:

-Players should no longer get into “dead” games that don’t operate correctly
-Improvement in framerate/lag
-Matchmaking fixes
-Fewer players floating / clipping through environment
-Fix for freezing/crashing issues if you join a game as it is ending
-Can no longer leave party while in a co-op game (was causing a crash)
-Party fixes dealing with multiple invites, co-op
-Some SFX in
St. Louis
have been cleaned up
-
Broadway
map now loads games correctly
-Fixed issues when late-joining a campaign co-op game
-Multiple fixed issues on Chapter 13 in co-op
-Female voice over will now play for female skins in MP
-Player using Hazmat ability will no longer appear to catch fire or freeze
-Other various lobby, menu, co-op and multiplayer fixes
http://www.insomniacgames.com/resistance-3-patch-1-02-notes/

Loudninja

@Aloosh_H we are investigating, but right now we don't believe the server/network issues are on our side. We've contacted the ISPs though
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/111962816579248129

Top Bottom