• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Duffyside

Banned
njean777 said:
The point is you knew they were going back to healthpacks, why complain about them when you knew this while buying the game. You should have known this was going to happen at some point in the game, it happens in almost every game that uses helathpacks.
Well, first of all it didn't strike me as a bad idea until I played it. When I heard about it I said "sure, ok, fine, I trust you guys." Maybe I was thinking they were going back to R1, and not back to Doom.

Second of all, never did I say I regret buying this game. I like it quite a bit. I dislike this part. Put away your Jump-to-Conclusions-Mat: I don't dislike the game, I'm glad I bought it, and I'm not bad at it.

Y'know, when you like a game or a developer, you don't have to defend every decision no matter what and get defensive. Here, I'll show you: Vanquish is the best shooter ever made. Sure wish that campaign had been a bit longer. And you could upgrade your suit.

njean777

Reznor said:
That's a little dismissive, don't you think? I think he brought up a fairly decent argument, right or wrong.

It would have been good if they never told anybody they were going back to healthpacks, since they did his argument is null. Its fine to be mad about something that is unsaid, but bringing up something that you knew was in the game before you bought it ? The game is not stingy with the healthpacks either, they are everywhere, and enemies have them falling off them also.

duffyside said:
Well, first of all it didn't strike me as a bad idea until I played it. When I heard about it I said "sure, ok, fine, I trust you guys." Maybe I was thinking they were going back to R1, and not back to Doom.

Second of all, never did I say I regret buying this game. I like it quite a bit. I dislike this part. Put away your Jump-to-Conclusions-Mat: I don't dislike the game, I'm glad I bought it, and I'm not bad at it.

Y'know, when you like a game or a developer, you don't have to defend every decision no matter what and get defensive. Here, I'll show you: Vanquish is the best shooter ever made. Sure wish that campaign had been a bit longer. And you could upgrade your suit.

I never siad you didn't like the game, I just thought your complaint was a little nit picky, also the argument you provided is not the same thing, the never said you could update your suit in Vanquish at least from what I read (forgive me I never played the game, nor cared much for it). Insomniac specifically stated that they were going back to healthpacks. As an obviously experienced gamer you should have known what drawbacks, and challenges that would have provided you. Im not trying to come off as an asshole like it may seem, I am just saying you are a gamer, you know what comes with healthpacks.

Duffyside

Banned
njean777 said:
It would have been good if they never told anybody they were going back to healthpacks, since they did his argument is null. Its fine to be mad about something that is unsaid, but bringing up something that you knew was in the game before you bought it ? The game is not stingy with the healthpacks either, they are everywhere, and enemies have them falling off them also.
Derp: Hey, did you see that new Galaxy trailer? Apparently you can play as Luigi!

Herp: Oh, cool! That's a nice plus!

(... Two months later... )

Herp: This game is awesome! I love the levels, the colors, the music, the platforming! But that Luigi bonus is kind of lame. He's a more slippery Mario. Otherwise though, what a great game!

Derp: WHY DID YOU EVEN BUY IT THEN!? YOU KNEW LUIGI WAS GONNA BE IN THERE! I HOPE YOU GET CANCER!!!!!111eleven

Reave

njean777 said:
Not to try and be his spokesperson or anything, but I think his point is that there's a difference between seeing it on paper vs. playing it, which by all means does make some sense. Seeing these gameplay dynamics within the context of the actual game is very different from reading a bulletpoint fact sheet.

So, just because he may have known about the health system beforehand doesn't make his argument null at all. Sometimes you have to play before you understand.

njean777

duffyside said:
Derp: Hey, did you see that new Galaxy trailer? Apparently you can play as Luigi!

Herp: Oh, cool! That's a nice plus!

(... Two months later... )

Herp: This game is awesome! I love the levels, the colors, the music, the platforming! But that Luigi bonus is kind of lame. He's a more slippery Mario. Otherwise though, what a great game!

Derp: WHY DID YOU EVEN BUY IT THEN!? YOU KNEW LUIGI WAS GONNA BE IN THERE! I HOPE YOU GET CANCER!!!!!111eleven

I never called you stupid not am I defending Insomniac, its just odd that you chose this complaint since you knew it was gonna be like this. With the Mario example above, Galaxy 1 did not have Luigi, nintendo also did not have a whole slew of other galaxy games. So your argument here would be valid since its the first time Luigi ever showed up in a galaxy game. In other words from past experience (other FPS) you should have assumed that the negative parts about healthpacks was gonna show up in this game also. Like it did in countless others.

njean777

Reznor said:
Not to try and be his spokesperson or anything, but I think his point is that there's a difference between seeing it on paper vs. playing it, which by all means does make some sense. Seeing these gameplay dynamics within the context of the actual game is very different from reading a bulletpoint fact sheet.

So, just because he may have known about the health system beforehand doesn't make his argument null at all.

It does when there is a whole generation before this one that use to use healthpacks in all FPS (pc), maybe I am different but I know the negatives of healthpacks, it should have been assumed this particular occurrence might show up in the game.

Duffyside

Banned
njean777 said:
It does when there is a whole generation before this one that use to use healthpacks in all FPS (pc), maybe I am different but I know the negatives of healthpacks, it should have been assumed this particular occurrence might show up in the game.
Therefore you cannot comment that it is bad. Got it.

And Galaxy 1 totally had Luigi. I win.

Reave

njean777 said:
Well, I think the counterpoint to that is the notion of playing with an open mind, and not with assumptions or preconceptions.

Oh well.

njean777

duffyside said:
Therefore you cannot comment that it is bad. Got it.

And Galaxy 1 totally had Luigi. I win.

Well forgive me I never played Galaxy 1, and I am lost about your other argument, "you cannot comment that it is bad" why would I? I didn't have any problems with the health system, it was fine the way it is, if you are tactical and careful you will succeed, if you are careless you will die, its simple.

Reznor said:
Well, I think the counterpoint to that is the notion of playing with an open mind, and not with assumptions or preconceptions.

Oh well.

An open mind also sees the negatives, and positives of all sides. In this case the positive about healthpacks is it adds a challenge not seen in most shooters today, the negative being you may have to be more careful and play more tactical to succeed.

Raonak

Banned
I for one enjoy the healthpacks. I was iffy about them at first, but it makes the combat so much deeper, and getting shot actually feels like a risk, rather than the screen getting greyer.

Though, it would be nice if the last few bits of health regenerated. Sometimes it's a pain when you have 1 bit of life left.

It seperates it from the pack.

Duffyside

Banned
njean777 said:
Well forgive me I never played Galaxy 1, and I am lost about your other argument, "you cannot comment that it is bad" why would I? I didn't have any problems with the health system, it was fine the way it is, if you are tactical and careful you will succeed, if you are careless you will die, its simple.

An open mind also sees the negatives, and positives of all sides. In this case the positive about healthpacks is it adds a challenge not seen in most shooters today, the negative being you may have to be more careful and play more tactical to succeed.
I agree, you are lost. "You knew about healthpacks in other games, therefore you cannot comment that they are bad in this one." I was making fun of your nonsense.

Your list of negatives shows your true total-defense-force colors. You may as well said "the negative is if you're not super-awesome and have bad taste you won't like it."

Raonak said:
Though, it would be nice if the last few bits of health regenerated. Sometimes it's a pain when you have 1 bit of life left.
WHAT!?!? Are you bad at games or something? Why did you even buy it?

This is my EXACT position.

Kak.efes

I'm really diggin' the campaign. It's well paced (between highs and lows), and narratively, I suppose, it can best be described as fairly dispiriting (it's a kin to the road, if I'd compare it to anything,
especially chapters 11-15, which really stood out for me).

I'm on chapter sixteen, figure I'll finish at some point during the weekend.

patsu

Iknos said:
I can't return it if the package is open.

So should I bother opening it?

I like the game and am inclined to say yes.

But the problem is you may not like Move. ^_^
So I can't really comment.

njean777

duffyside said:
I agree, you are lost. "You knew about healthpacks in other games, therefore you cannot comment that they are bad in this one." I was making fun of your nonsense.

Your list of negatives shows your true total-defense-force colors. You may as well said "the negative is if you're not super-awesome and have bad taste you won't like it."

WHAT!?!? Are you bad at games or something? Why did you even buy it?

This is my EXACT position.
I guess the fact of complaining about something after you knew it was going to be in the product, or part of the product is not seen as stupidity.

Go ahead and label me as a defense force person, but like I have said, complaining about something when you knew it was gonna happen is just stupid, and I have no sympathy for your argument, and neither should anybody else. Especially since there is a history of the mechanic being used.

patsu

duffyside said:
It's gotten worse as the game has gone on.
The Wardens. The stalker with the shield in New York. And the worst offender yet; coming out the ass of that plane in New York. Oh, and disabling the shield walls in New York.

Yeah, actually when I heard
New York
was going to be a location, I was disappointed. I saw people saying they thought it was great and that it involved
snow
and I was suddenly excited. But woe is me... it's really the low-point of the game. In every way.

The
New York levels
can be difficult. ^_^
I dropped my difficulty to Normal because I can't afford to spend too much time.

I will have to replay them another day on Difficult. I did see quite a few unused serums lying around though. Also, the game checkpoints in the middle of a fight, so you don't have to redo a long one. The only exception I saw was after the
first time we entered the locked Chimeran "fortress", before heading towards the tower

Did you try the Health Regen cheat ? I am curious how it works.

Wow.... stupid me, waking up in the early morning in weekend to play some Resistance 3.... now I wish I never left bed.... more than an hour and the patch it's still being downloaded ;_;

patsu

The Praiseworthy said:
Didn't they test the game before they print it?

Why 2 big patches in only 3 days?

Come on Insomniac I love you guys but this is ridicules :\

Yes they did, but they don't have enough time to fix what we found when loads of people came onboard.

Sidzed2

njean777 said:
I guess the fact of complaining about something after you knew it was going to be in the product, or part of the product is not seen as stupidity.

Go ahead and label me as a defense force person, but like I have said, complaining about something when you knew it was gonna happen is just stupid, and I have no sympathy for your argument, and neither should anybody else. Especially since there is a history of the mechanic being used.

I actually really enjoy the non-regenerating health mechanic, but I have to say this whole argument is ludicrous.

It is facile to suggest that Resistance 3's non-regenerating health mechanic is immune to criticism because 'we all knew it was coming' or 'we've played games with that mechanic for years'.

Prior notification of a mechanic's existence does not make it unworthy of criticism. This doesn't even take into account the fact that the specific implementation of such a mechanic will be different from game to game. For example, I was concerned that Resistance 3 would be frustrating on account of the health mechanic, as I have never really liked 'health pack collecting' in the past. But much to my surprise, I have found its implementation in Resistance 3 to be finely tuned and fair.

Leave the guy alone; he doesn't like the health mechanic and finds its implementation frustrating. By and large, I actually disagree. But I'm not going to be so childish as to suggest that he is some sort of idiot for finding fault with something because he 'should have known' it would be like it is.

Duffyside

Banned
patsu said:
The
New York levels
can be difficult. ^_^
I dropped my difficulty to Normal because I can't afford to spend too much time.

I will have to replay them another day on Difficult. I did see quite a few unused serums lying around though. Also, the game checkpoint in the middle of a fight, so you don't have to redo a long one. The only exception I saw was after the
first time we entered the locked Chimeran "fortress", before heading towards the tower

Did you try the Health Regen cheat ? I am curious how it works.
I have not. I haven't turned the game back on since I started posting tonight. I'm near the end, and don't want to risk not getting the trophy if I enact a cheat. Can you buy and use cheats even on your first playthrough?

I'm at Chapter
; I've come this far, I can see it through unless it becomes really unbearable. Despite how much I hate the lack of any regeneration, the only place I've died more than like twice was
coming out the ass of that plane. And that was more me putting my hands on my hips and refusing, saying "this should totally work. I'm here in deep corner, sniping dozens of dudes... yet there are dozens more, with infinite, nonstop fucking rocket launchers.

patsu

Yeah, it's just an open discussion. We can hold our own positions, but there is no need to resort to name calling. Anyone tried the Health Regen cheat yet ?

duffyside said:
I have not. I haven't turned the game back on since I started posting tonight. I'm near the end, and don't want to risk not getting the trophy if I enact a cheat. Can you buy and use cheats even on your first playthrough?

I checked once before I completed the campaign. I seem to have enough credits to buy it, but I didn't try. The second time I checked, all except one has been unlocked. I'm thinking I don't understand the system well enough to comment further.

jstevenson should chime in and say something.

I'm at Chapter
; I've come this far, I can see it through unless it becomes really unbearable. Despite how much I hate the lack of any regeneration, the only place I've died more than like twice was
coming out the ass of that plane. And that was more me putting my hands on my hips and refusing, saying "this should totally work. I'm here in deep corner, sniping dozens of dudes... yet there are dozens more, with infinite, nonstop fucking rocket launchers.

I used a lot more ranged attack where possible. But if you can survive the stalkers, you should be fine except for *may be* the grand finale

njean777

Sidzed2 said:
I actually really enjoy the non-regenerating health mechanic, but I have to say this whole argument is ludicrous.

It is facile to suggest that Resistance 3's non-regenerating health mechanic is immune to criticism because 'we all knew it was coming' or 'we've played games with that mechanic for years'.

Prior notification of a mechanic's existence does not make it unworthy of criticism. This doesn't even take into account the fact that the specific implementation of such a mechanic will be different from game to game. For example, I was concerned that Resistance 3 would be frustrating on account of the health mechanic, as I have never really liked 'health pack collecting' in the past. But much to my surprise, I have found its implementation in Resistance 3 to be finely tuned and fair.

Leave the guy alone; he doesn't like the health mechanic and finds its implementation frustrating. By and large, I actually disagree. But I'm not going to be so childish as to suggest that he is some sort of idiot for finding fault with something because he 'should have known' it would be like it is.
I wasn't going to continue it anyways, as I know the argument is ludicrous.

Duffyside

Banned
patsu said:
I used a lot more ranged attack where possible. But if you can survive the stalkers, you should be fine except for *may be* the grand finale
Heh, I actually
was using ranged attacks my first whatever tries. That's what was totally not working, because of the awful RPGEEEEEEEES! Once I got fed up and just ran through the building, I got through first time. It still wasn't any fun.

Having now spent so much time ripping this game I actually really like (at least the first two-thirds), I shall now state my favorite part; NPC friendos doing knee-tucks as they jump off ledges. I reloaded a section twice to watch some guy do it off a staircase, because I thought that was just ace. I was like "this guy would be a good friend of mine in real life."

Sidzed2

I got up to what I believe is the final location and perhaps the 3rd or 4th to last chapter. I'm loving the change up in the environment. Very lovely artistic style.

I have to say, Resistance 3 is at its absolute best when it goes a little bit 'HALO' and opens up the battlefield and throws in a variety of different enemies each requiring different tactics.

Conversely, the low-points of the campaign have been those times when the gameplay gets claustrophobic and reminiscent of, say, Left 4 Dead. I'm wholeheartedly sick of Grims and bugs and a little disappointed that the middle portion of the game spent so much time among them.

patsu

duffyside said:
Heh, I actually
was using ranged attacks my first whatever tries. That's what was totally not working, because of the awful RPGEEEEEEEES! Once I got fed up and just ran through the building, I got through first time. It still wasn't any fun.

Having now spent so much time ripping this game I actually really like (at least the first two-thirds), I shall now state my favorite part; NPC friendos doing knee-tucks as they jump off ledges. I reloaded a section twice to watch some guy do it off a staircase, because I thought that was just ace. I was like "this guy would be a good friend of mine in real life."

Ah.... you forgot Sniper alt-fire. I wiped out everyone first before
coming out from the plane. Well, actually I went back in after Chimeras appeared. There were extra ammo in the plane so why not ? ^_^

At first, straight sniper fire didn't seem to take down one of the RPG aliens until I used alt-fire to headshot it. I was too busy to aim properly though. One alt-fire sniper shot can kill a Ravager immediately

patsu

Sidzed2 said:
I got up to what I believe is the final location and perhaps the 3rd or 4th to last chapter. I'm loving the change up in the environment. Very lovely artistic style.

I have to say, Resistance 3 is at its absolute best when it goes a little bit 'HALO' and opens up the battlefield and throws in a variety of different enemies each requiring different tactics.

Conversely, the low-points of the campaign have been those times when the gameplay gets claustrophobic and reminiscent of, say, Left 4 Dead. I'm wholeheartedly sick of Grims and bugs and a little disappointed that the middle portion of the game spent so much time among them.

I like some of the Grimm encounters, but not all. "Dancing" with them in the open space pumps my adrenaline up.

I was also "caught" by a Hybrid up close a few times. Had to shake it away. That was pretty well done.

Ashes

Banned
Health pack gameplay brings about a certain type of gameplay that is very suitable for thriller/horror type games where you are concerned for a prolonged time that you can die. It worked to that effect in Dead Space 2; and I hope it works out in R3.

The frustration aspect is a valid point; you have to ask yourself though is the alternative a better solution? Most fps's post Halo have two weapons plus health regen & the jam screen system. Jam screens to me are annoying as hell. Just at the moment you need your vision to be perfect is when you become blind; even if you get shot in the leg, you don't hobble, you have jam thrown in your eyes.

So player frustrations in game design need to be looked at and are valid points. But if they were going to go back to R1 design philosophy, I don't see why they wouldn't go the health pack route. I liked the four bar health system, but I don't think they've returned to that.

Game design can always be improved upon though. In the future, I want, at least on hardcore mode, to have bullet hit recognition, which means a player will hobble when hit in the leg, or have to use hand that isn't their aiming hand, if hit there etc...

Ashes1396 said:
That's the theme I'm noticing. Completetion times under 7, sometimes even claiming six hours, are rating it a poor game, overall.
Im at 3 hours played and on Chapter 16. Between the short length, patch nonsense and laggy as shit online - kind of regretting my purchase. Well at least the guns are AWESOME.

Raonak

Banned
Holy sh!t. the mt.plesant area was awesome!

Killzone style stealth snipers; was good, wouldn've been nice if you had an MGS4 style stealth meter.

Then the whole grim infested town. Wow. I must've said "FUCK!" 30 times throughout the whole section. Especially with my surround sound headphones. Hearing scream noises comming from the left, the right, behind. And seeing grims on the rooftops in the distance.
It felt truly alive; It didn't feel like scripted enemies. SO GOOD.gif
Died like 3 times, but loved it.

then the mines and that boss. great!

Ashes

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Im at 3 hours played and on Chapter 16. Between the short length, patch nonsense and laggy as shit online - kind of regretting my purchase. Well at least the guns are AWESOME.

Now that's actually impressive. What level are you playing on? normal?

Duffyside

Banned
patsu said:
Ah.... you forgot Sniper alt-fire. I wiped out everyone first before
coming out from the plane. Well, actually I went back in after Chimeras appeared. There were extra ammo in the plane so why not ? ^_^

At first, straight sniper fire didn't seem to take down one of the RPG aliens until I used alt-fire to headshot it. I was too busy to aim properly though. One alt-fire sniper shot can kill a Ravager immediately
The reinforcements were what I was talking about in the first place. ^_^ I could handle sniping the 6 or so dudes before the drop ship arrived. It's only when the dropship came and I snuck back into the plane thinking "clearly this is the best place to hole up." Nope. Especially when the dozen RPGs constantly coming clip through the geometry of my cover.

Ashes

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:

180 minutes/16 chapters= 11.25 mins per chapter.

11 minutes a chapter? Goodness that's fast. We should play co-op sometime. If you don't sell your game that is. And when I get my copy of the game!

I've never really played with somebody that good. :p

Duffyside

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
The frustration aspect is a valid point; you have to ask yourself though is the alternative a better solution?
I asked myself "what would work best here, because this is awful and standard CoD jam would be preferred." I came up with something like R1, which isn't that hard to imagine: the first game's health system worked best the series, as it was designed to fit the style, which largely remains today. Both R2 and R3 health systems seemed to have been dictated by fans/reviews. R1 was the only one, it seems to me, where it was designed by the devs thinking what worked best. And they were right.

It doesn't have to be that exactly, but some minimum regeneration is all that would have been needed for me not to feel annoyed.

Also; hate to break it to you, but this game has some jamminess going on itself. It's not all over the screen, but involves some serious vignetting. It also goes black and white, so... that's good (read: awful). Haha, there was one part where I was down to my usual two slivers and was in a place where I wanted to look at the art design without being in black and white. So I searched and searched for some health, not wanting to go too far so I got cut off from the place I wanted to look at, and wound up getting shot and killed, then reloaded past the place I wanted to be, with no way to return.

... Knee tuck jump!

Ashes

Banned
duffyside said:
I asked myself "what would work best here, because this is awful and standard CoD jam would be preferred." I came up with something like R1, which isn't that hard to imagine: the first game's health system worked best the series, as it was designed to fit the style, which largely remains today. Both R2 and R3 health systems seemed to have been dictated by fans/reviews. R1 was the only one, it seems to me, where it was designed by the devs thinking what worked best. And they were right.

It doesn't have to be that exactly, but some minimum regeneration is all that would have been needed for me not to feel annoyed.

Also; hate to break it to you, but this game has some jamminess going on itself. It's not all over the screen, but involves some serious vignetting. It also goes black and white, so... that's good (read: awful). Haha, there was one part where I was down to my usual two slivers and was in a place where I wanted to look at the art design without being in black and white. So I searched and searched for some health, not wanting to go too far so I got cut off from the place I wanted to look at, and wound up getting shot and killed, then reloaded past the place I wanted to be, with no way to return.

... Knee tuck jump!

I think on the podcast or somewhere else, they talked about the health system. And how they looked at hybrid systems, and R1 systems, and how there were disagreements, and ideas thrown about. So it was like the aiming, the fov, the gun feel; pretty much all of them were done from the bottom up.

I don't know what time it is over in the US, so you' may have to wait for J.S or another insomniac to talk about that in detail... maybe it was even a video commentary/developer playthrough they did after the drunk podcast.

Btw somebody please remember to ask J.S why they haven't done another podcast?

sucks about the jam on screen...

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I agree with both sides of this argument and can certainly see where duffy is coming from. I think what would've been perfect is if your characters health circle was split into four quarters and which ever your what're your health happened to be in it would regenerate that portion if given time. Its essentially Rfom style of health exactly just with minor adjustments. Though from a plot standpoint this wouldn't work as Capelli was inoculated with the Hale vaccine so all chimeran cells were destroyed and the ability to regenerate along with them. But I wish IG had gone with that system of health. Its more forgiving. However I've noticed that on Superhuman that you can't just do whatever and expect to be fine. Enemies will tear you apart no thanks to the poor ally a.i.; so often I found myself altering tactics, reforming plans and learning enemies' predetermined paths and improvising as I went finding out what works and what doesn't and for me that's part of the games' beauty. Man I hope Resistance 4 comes along and fleshes out the story and launches with PS4 or shortly after.

patsu

duffyside said:
The reinforcements were what I was talking about in the first place. ^_^ I could handle sniping the 6 or so dudes before the drop ship arrived. It's only when the dropship came and I snuck back into the plane thinking "clearly this is the best place to hole up." Nope. Especially when the dozen RPGs constantly coming clip through the geometry of my cover.

Yeah, I sniped all of the reinforcement from inside the plane, until I went inside the building and found more. Augered all the RPG guys, and tagged all the regulars.

The clipping sure was weird. ^_^

patsu

Ashes1396 said:
I think on the podcast or somewhere else, they talked about the health system. And how they looked at hybrid systems, and R1 systems, and how there were disagreements, and ideas thrown about. So it was like the aiming, the fov, the gun feel; pretty much all of them were done from the bottom up.

I don't know what time it is over in the US, so you' may have to wait for J.S or another insomniac to talk about that in detail... maybe it was even a video commentary/developer playthrough they did after the drunk podcast.

Btw somebody please remember to ask J.S why they haven't done another podcast?

sucks about the jam on screen...

Yeah, it's high time for another Insomniac podcast. I am especially interested in the hate voicemail jstevenson received.

Duffyside

Banned
Ooof. Not a good sign to get to the last Chapter, die after a good five minutes, then say "who knows if this is even the last battle? Fuck it, I don't want to play any more."

Le sigh. I don't know if this is platinum-worthy. Man, I loved the feel of the first two-thirds of the game... other than the
haunted house
shit. I'll play the first two-thirds a bunch more.

patsu

I'm thinking you may want to drop to Normal and complete the last few combats. Replay them if you want to. Once you're familiar with the maps, location of the serums and the weapons get upgraded, I reckon it will be easier.

The ending is a little (just a little) interesting.

Duffyside

Banned
patsu said:
I'm thinking you may want to drop to Normal and complete the last few combats. Replay them if you want to. Once you're familiar with the maps, location of the serums and the weapons get upgraded, I reckon it will be easier.

The ending is a little (just a little) interesting.
Yeah, I wanna see it. The fiction interests me more than ever, actually. That's one of R3's pluses.

I am playing on Normal. ...jerk. :p
'
Edit: Oh, and I almost came back on this thread like 30 minutes prior ranting and raving about
fighting like four fucking Stalkers. Ridiculous. But "beat" them first try. I'm not sure if you can lose that section or not.

ChanHuk

Banned
Something oddly satisfying about running through a corridor smashing grems with the sledge hammer. God I hate those things.

Loudninja

Sucks that the lag is still present,the game launch today everywhere else dint it?It seems like on the beat everything more players game it got worse.

DaNcaKe

Got the game yesterday. Played MP for a few hours (saving SP for later :p ) and I am quite impressed that IG have managed to salvage what was a very broken game just a few weeks ago.

That's not to say the game doesn't have it's problems.

The shotgun is still outrageously overpowered. The incendiary upgrade is so unneccessary! It literally turns the gun from (just about) bearable to being a machine; even at range (secondary use is a firebomb). Multiplayer is filled with people using this and the bubble shield to make a fucking deadly, albeit boring, combination.

The frame rate still dies from time to time, culminating with you occasionally freezing and when the game returns your usually dead. It also freezes most times just before your about to die.

Really enjoying the maps so far, first time I've said that about a MP game for some time.

Ashes

Banned
Forget getting it through the post... I went down to the old brick and motar and got me some special edition stuff, for an extra 4 quid. What's that you saying? Pics you say?

kzB7d.jpg

chEk7.jpg

Put disk in and prompt for download:

Download patch 1.02. ~600 and something... says 12 minutes

- 4:35

Installing... huh?

I haven't even installed Resistance 3 yet... though

okay...

Going at a leisurely pace... 3:34

---

spoiler: opening movie lasts 34 % of the install... Why not show like trailers, resistance docs etcs in the remaining half?

full install 3:31

Number45

Is there any way of changing the crosshair sensitivity for when you're zoomed in using the Move? At the moment looking down the sights is UTTERLY useless, because a) it snaps to the centre of the screen rather than where you're aiming and b) it takes forever to acquire a target (this is worsened by the fact that, because of a), you're more than likely nowhere near the target).

Hopefully I'm missing something, but if not then I'll be switching back to the DS3. I played Killzone3 with the Move and despite taking some time to get used to the movement it felt infinitely more natural in that game. :(

Hixx

£42 in the shops for this, what the hell. Can't remember the last time I had to pay OVER £40 for a game..

Top Bottom