• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

theBishop

Banned
Lord Error said:
I haven't even been half through the game yet, but yes, this all does seem true so far. What's annoying is that it's such an easily avoidable mistake, that only required of them to do less than they did.
Aliens opened a wormhole which is causing freezing everywhere. That's it, no further explanation is needed. They're aliens, they can open wormholes with their alien technology. They didn't need Nathan Hale's explosion in Mexico to open a wormhole in New York FFS...

See, that's the part I want to know about. I really don't care about the
blue mitten
, or most of the people you help throughout the game. Insomniac knows a lot more about the nature of the Chimera than they're telling in the games. And the bits that are told are somewhat haphazard. R1's fault was telling you everything through narrated cutscenes. R2's fault was dumping a bunch of important stuff in a few random bits of npc dialog. In R3, there just isn't enough.

Himself

lowrider007 said:
Better than R1?, how can people say this?, people need to play through RFoM again, see the environments, there's so much information in the details in R1, the crawlers creeping over the quaint English countryside picking up the dead, the conversion centres, the excavation site, the narration, the architecture, the pallet, the sombre atmosphere, R1 is an artistic master piece,

Going to the conversion center and just observing the Chimera going about their business and learning about their species is when the game clicked for me as being special; it made the Chimera a way more multi-dimensional enemy than just screaming alienoid things you gun down for hours. There was a visible hierarchy and biology going on there. It's also one of my favorite moments from the series, and part of the reason the universe Insomniac has created is so involving. It's fun to learn about the Chimera.

Actually, it makes perfect sense why we don't see something like that in R3
the Chimera are done converting humans, and are now awaiting the arrival of the Pure Chimera...I think.

There were a few of these moments in R3, though:
seeing the Chimera battle the feral Chimera, watching the herd of widowmakers on the plain, the leapers feeding on the Kraken.

The world of R3 is less mysterious than that of FoM, but still very much alive-feeling and intricately constructed.

Calibur

I was looking to buy R3 but GAME are selling it for £42.99 (with the PSN Pass) is abit much, is it worth that price?

patsu

Pikma said:
I've been encountering this since the beta, and you are the first person I read that has experienced it too, I knew I wasn't crazy! :D

For your case, I think it's because the R3 servers think your K/D ratio is way too high. Need to balance things out a little. :p

/jealous

Hixx

Calibur said:
I was looking to buy R3 but GAME are selling it for £42.99 (with the PSN Pass) is abit much, is it worth that price?

If you're interested in MP, then yes. If not... while I quite enjoyed the campaign, I couldn't justify paying £40+ for it.

desertdroog

Just created a Facebook account so I can try and get in on the myresistance global game.

I have no idea what is going on....~Towlie

Near the end of the sp campaign..enjoyed it so far.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the only way to get the Chimera Dummy skin is by playing the facebook game?

Achtius

desertdroog said:
Just created a Facebook account so I can try and get in on the myresistance global game.

I have no idea what is going on....~Towlie

You just basically mass soldiers to outnumber or bombs to obliterate the enemy so that the amount of soldiers in the region is higher than the opposing fraction. You can do this by building buildings, doing missions and playing skirmish to earn money (to purchase bunker, bunker buster and bombs) and soldiers.

If you play human, check out this thread:

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=2068.0

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=3305.0

Fersis said:
So the only way to get the Chimera Dummy skin is by playing the facebook game?

I think so, should take ~ 1 week i think to get the skin.

Raoh said:
I'm holding down the Bering Bridge, dropping bombs, bunker busters and working on disabling enemy shields before my next bomb strike.

Splitting bombs over at Venezuelan Stretch.

East perimeter (in NA) is also a great place to split bunker buster.

My online voucher code is not working. It´s telling me that the code is not correct or no longer valid. I just got the game 3 hours ago brand new. What´s going on with the code?
Do i need to finish the game first or what?

desertdroog

Achtius said:
You just basically mass soldiers to outnumber or bombs to obliterate the enemy so that the amount of soldiers in the region is higher than the opposing fraction. You can do this by building buildings, doing missions and playing skirmish to earn money (to purchase bunker, bunker buster and bombs) and soldiers.

If you play human, check out this thread:

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=2068.0

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=3305.0

I think so, should take ~ 1 week i think to get the skin.

East perimeter (in NA) is a great place to split bunker buster.
Thank you.

Going to be playing some multiplayer in a few minutes. Feel free to send me an invite. My PSN handle is RyoGCH. Definitely down to play with any members of GAF.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They should never, ever lock the hardest difficulty. Now I don't feel like playing in Superhuman difficulty. I know it was the same in Resistance 2 but smh this is uncool.

ToyMachine228 said:
Going to be playing some multiplayer in a few minutes. Feel free to send me an invite. My PSN handle is RyoGCH. Definitely down to play with any members of GAF.
Did the voucher give any trouble when you entered the code? Mine is not working, and i just bought it new. Do i need to finish the SP first?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
theBishop said:
See, that's the part I want to know about. I really don't care about the
blue mitten
, or most of the people you help throughout the game. Insomniac knows a lot more about the nature of the Chimera than they're telling in the games. And the bits that are told are somewhat haphazard. R1's fault was telling you everything through narrated cutscenes. R2's fault was dumping a bunch of important stuff in a few random bits of npc dialog. In R3, there just isn't enough.
Oh no, I'm not saying that they shouldn't have explained it - just that if the explanation is going to be so conveniently contrived, they'd do better to not have it at all. Mind you, I do hope to see the game explain why the
wormhole
is there, and what its purpose is - it's just that it's not really that important how it was created.

Achtius

Beam said:
Did the voucher give any trouble when you entered the code? Mine is not working, and i just bought it new. Do i need to finish the SP first?

Maybe try calling Sony, mine worked from the beginning.

darkwing

Beam said:

what is the region of your PSN id you are trying to use the code on? should be the same as the game

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dalin80 said:
Unless you are just looking for a tag quote I have no idea what your talking about, have finished the game twice and only noticed one solitary frame rate judder when I use a whole batch of explosives at a large group of enemies.
On the very first room where the game starts, stand in front of the lantern so you're close to it, and move the camera around. Framerate drops to about 25FPS or less (and I think camera movement slows down too a bit to make the framerate drop less noticeable). That's where I first noticed it, and sadly it was far from the last time I noticed. It hasn't really affected the way the game plays in any way for me so far though.

I do feel like Insomniac hasn't really optimized their engine all that much since all those years ago when R1 came out. They added many more effects that made the R3 look so much better in comparison, but it's like they just decided to cut down on resolution and framerate compared to first game, to compensate for that, instead of optimizing the engine to support this new stuff seamlessly as developers like Dice or ND have been doing.

M3Freak

Banned
patsu said:
Ha ha, if Insomniac fix up the bugs in SP and optimize it, I'm going to give Difficult another run. ^_^

Bugs in the SP....are they just a nuisance or game fun killing?

I was very tempted to buy the game at full price, but this thread has killed that. I'll wait.

Hixx

M3Freak said:

I was very tempted to buy the game at full price, but this thread has killed that. I'll wait.

Not seen any bugs... some lacklustre AI but nothing gamebreaking at all.

Himself

M3Freak said:

The only bugs I've encountered in the SP were a couple (literally two) audio glitches. Maybe odd, but in no way fun killing. I'm on my second playthrough right now and haven't noticed any.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
M3Freak said:

Very few bugs, but a poor framerate in general.

One interesting bug I did run across involved the position of a voice sample. One of the character began to speak and then proceeded to walk to another position in the room. Unlike his character model, however, the voice remain floating in space. I could walk around this point and hear the voice shift around in surround despite the character who was speaking standing on the other side of the room.

aristotle

Achtius said:
Thanks for the link.

lol what: War Machine - Deploy a total of 10,000,000 troops: Unlocks "Soldier of Fortune" title.

Also where do u vote for global objective (Voter - Vote in one Global objective: Unlocks Chimera concept art.)

In the lower right of your screen there is a section called Global Objectives. Periodically something will pop up in there. Vote for a tactical nuke, donate bunkers, troops, etc. Just keep an eye out.

MrPliskin

Banned
dark10x said:
Very few bugs, but a poor framerate in general.

One interesting bug I did run across involved the position of a voice sample. One of the character began to speak and then proceeded to walk to another position in the room. Unlike his character model, however, the voice remain floating in space. I could walk around this point and hear the voice shift around in surround despite the character who was speaking standing on the other side of the room.
Define poor. I've seen it h8t maybe 25fps, but the frame rate is generally rock solid. If frame rate were a serious issue, or poor, I think it would have been a bigger issue here on GAF.

Also, tag quote :p

dark10x

MrPliskin said:
Define poor. I've seen it h8t maybe 25fps, but the frame rate is generally rock solid. If frame rate were a serious issue, or poor, I think it would have been a bigger issue here on GAF.

Also, tag quote :p
Man, I'm confused then, as the framerate was dropping into very low territory quite often for me.

The mission where you're sent to rescue the religious man "John" in particular stands out to me. The entire level was filled with slowdown and framerates well under 30 fps. It was almost frustrating to play that section due to the poor framerate.

How people didn't notice this is beyond me.

"Rock solid" is the last thing I'd use to describe the performance in this game.

I played Resistance 1 at launch, and haven't touched it since...but felt it was an entertaining, if rather drab shooter...R2 was decent enough....All that I have seen from this game leads me to think that it is superior to both prequels...

btkadams

Loudninja said:
Framerate issues? None like that for me so far,I am on Chapter 11.
really? from the very beginning of the game, there are framerate issues (for me anyways). it's a gorgeous game though so i forgive it, but it sure would have been nice to have a higher framerate.

dark10x

I'm going to have to do some more testing. Watched a walk through for the final section of chapter 10 and chapter 11 and the framerate seemed smoother (though certainly not perfect) than what I encountered. The fight with that gun ship on the bridge near the end of chapter 10 was a slide show for me when the battle heated up.

It might be a mix of mild slowdown with unresponsive controls? It just feels incredibly sluggish and laggy when the framerate dives.

Going to try comparing 480p with the default resolution as well as that DID seem to run a bit smoother. I don't see how it could be my console, but you never know.

MrPliskin

Banned
dark10x said:
Man, I'm confused then, as the framerate was dropping into very low territory quite often for me.

The mission where you're sent to rescue the religious man "John" in particular stands out to me. The entire level was filled with slowdown and framerates well under 30 fps. It was almost frustrating to play that section due to the poor framerate.

How people didn't notice this is beyond me.

"Rock solid" is the last thing I'd use to describe the performance in this game.
Fair enough. I guess some are more sensitive than others. I never really noticed it get lower than 25.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
lowrider007 said:
Someone just pointed this out to me, not sure if it's been mentioned before but the enemies Auger's seem to have alot better range than yours ( or at least their x-ray vision does) yet your picking up the same weapons so what's the deal with that?, an oversight perhaps?, I remember there being a few instances were I've retreated quite far back and have had Auger fire targeted directly at me way out of range of my own capabilities with the same weapon?

/\

Anyone else notice this?

patsu

M3Freak said:

You don't usually run into them playing "normally". ^_^

Some people encountered a scripting bug or two where the NPC didn't respond/trigger the next action. So you just restart from the last checkpoint.

EDIT: I already replayed the last quarter of the game. 8^P

Are the updates only for online play? I just got the game and have no intention in playing online, is it okay to skip the updates?

wait never mind. I though I read somewhere that is was a gb or 2 but it's only 600 mb so I'll just download it.

Desmond

Just saw that the UK and Ireland are called Great Britain in GR. FUUUUUUUUU

Also some of the radios in R3 are rubbish with their accents, the Wicklow guy sounds like a pisstake, and the Derry guy in Ch2 sounds English

MrPliskin

Banned
dark10x said:
I'm going to have to do some more testing. Watched a walk through for the final section of chapter 10 and chapter 11 and the framerate seemed smoother (though certainly not perfect) than what I encountered. The fight with that gun ship on the bridge near the end of chapter 10 was a slide show for me when the battle heated up.

It might be a mix of mild slowdown with unresponsive controls? It just feels incredibly sluggish and laggy when the framerate dives.

Going to try comparing 480p with the default resolution as well as that DID seem to run a bit smoother. I don't see how it could be my console, but you never know.
Perhaps another case of mistaken frame rate ala Pac-Man CE DX II? :p

I dunno man, something may be wrong with your PS3, I'm not getting that much slow down *shrug*. Maybe test some other games and see what's up?

Gowans

I rented this game, makes a fantastic first impression. Beat exclusive fps on ps3. Amazing graphics, sound and great controls.

Well done insomniac!

Sporran

Just finished it, umm not sure what to say really. After playing the series complete on their respective launches was expecting something bang she bang for the ending.

loved the whole last level, great looking, intense, atmospheric and love all that stuff but the ending was just ok, theres more?, umm nope. That was short.

Ok superhuman here we come.

Top Bottom