• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

dralla

enabling the enemies using secondary fire and using power weapons is a great "cheat", going to play through Super Human with those on. Also being able to use all the weapons from the start is great and was a big omission in R1, they even give you ammo that shouldn't be there. So there will be mutator ammo in the first level and so on.

dralla said:
enabling the enemies using secondary fire and using power weapons is a great "cheat", going to play through Super Human with those on. Also being able to use all the weapons from the start is great and was a big omission in R1, they even give you ammo that shouldn't be there. So there will be mutator ammo in the first level and so on.
Can you use them in difficulties you haven't beat yet? Like, say, superhuman and still get the trophy?

Nevermind. You can't.

dralla

Yea you can use them in any difficulty. Certain cheats disable the SH trophy - regenerating health, infinite ammo and starting the game with all weapons. The ones that make it more challenging [and fun IMO] are OK

JB1981

BeeDog said:
From what I can remember, KZ3's singleplayer runs and looks better than R3's singleplayer, but the KZ3 MP runs shittily with more players.

KZ3 MP runs much better than this. For one, it doesn't have micro stuttering.

Loudninja

dralla said:
What about the one that turns the HUD off?

dralla

I think it's just the 3 that give you an advantage that disable the SH trophy.

Has anyone unlocked the 'Remembering R1/R2' videos? I'm trying to save up for infinite ammo so I don't want to buy them but would like to see them. Hopefully they'll be on youtube soon

dralla said:

Has anyone unlocked the 'Remembering R1/R2' videos? I'm trying to save up for infinite ammo so I don't want to buy them but would like to see them. Hopefully they'll be on youtube soon

They're already on the internets. These videos are excerpts from some Full Moon Show retrospective episodes.

Melchiah

dralla said:

I spent some of my hard-earned points to unlock Remembering R1, and now I wish I had saved those points for the cheats.

dralla

holy shit, super weapons and secondary fire cheats on SH is crazy. long legs flying around with Marksmen, throwing out turrets, Auger bullets flying everywhere. i had to turn it off :[ I left secondary fire on though. the upside to super weapons is that you can pick them up even though you haven't 'unlocked' them in the story. but yea, really really tough on SH. might be better to turn them both on, on Hard

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Let me get this straight... I can't pause cutscenes anymore since I've beaten it? Instead, pressing start skips the cutscene? Not fair.

No dude you can't ever pause cutscenes. I missed a big moment because of that...

Ashes

Banned
Achtius said:
Is it easier to play SH alone or in co-op? Not sure if they buff the enemy when you are playing in coop.

So far it is harder for me on co-op; I am playing with a casual player though.

Hate to admit I never did play any other Resistance games before the 3rd, think it was because I was on xbox then... Until being banned.
Anyways R3 campaign is one of the best I've played so far, looks great and And really feels sometimes like I'm in this crazy world fighting to stay alive. I work crazy hours so I don't get to play alot at one time, when i do I want more n more everytime.
I play FPS online type games usually, CoD n what not,,Battle Field 3 Soon! The multiplayer is actually pretty fun on R3, a little change of pace from same old CoD. Really sucks that you have to have a specific psn friend to play co op. But a good buy n great experience so far.

Multiplayer makes me want to vomit. I can't stand this kind of bullshit. I've got people transforming, shields, glowing with power, hula hoops, restricted weapon loadouts... Fucking christ. All this and I'm being stuck with the "hi, welcome to resistance online. You're too stupid too figure things out so here's the absolute, fuck you over, basic" loadout to help get me accustomed.

Too bad no one was playing hardcore mode when I tried. Shit online is SHIT!

Love the SP though.

Achtius

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Multiplayer makes me want to vomit. I can't stand this kind of bullshit. I've got people transforming, shields, glowing with power, hula hoops, restricted weapon loadouts... Fucking christ. All this and I'm being stuck with the "hi, welcome to resistance online. You're too stupid too figure things out so here's the absolute, fuck you over, basic" loadout to help get me accustomed.

Too bad no one was playing hardcore mode when I tried. Shit online is SHIT!

Love the SP though.

I hate the kill-streak 'perks' with a passion too :(

Also Auger is like way op.

dralla

the boat sequence was intense on SH. at one point there were 5 long legs all on the same roof, which just happen to have blast root on it. I shot the Rossmore fire grenade, all 5 on fire than the blast root explodes and sends their fiery bodies 20 feet in the air. Just finished up the second area and it was pretty great on SH too. i only worry about parts near the end.

Owzers

i disliked killzone and killzone 2, resistance and resistance 2, yet enjoyed Killzone 3 and Resistance 3's campaigns so far. I had to turn Resistance 3 on casual difficulty once i got to the heavy Grim level, i just kept dying on normal. It's been a fun ride, i'd say some of it was a little weak though and i always hate running around in caves, but overall the environments have kept my attention. Solid effort this time around.

The multiplayer is such a disappointment. It feels like such little thought went into it. Maps are okay, but everything else, including lag, is a nightmare.

njean777 said:
they didn't fix the mp yet did they?
They did, but still wait for it to be released
"It's looking like Resistance 3 patch 1.03 will still be in Sony testing until tomorrow. We'll update you as we know more." (4 hours ago from IG FB)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Achtius said:
Superhuman is too hard. I am giving up :(

Dat Auger fire.
It can't be as bad as Resistance 2 on Superhuman, especially considering that Normal in R3 is easier than Casual in R2. R2 Superhuman was one of the worst things I've ever done in my gaming career. Painful all the way through.

I made the mistake of trying to play online after working for 12 hours today and being so sore I can barely stand. Got destroyed. Also, is there a place for reporting glitches? On some maps, and only when I'm on the Chimeran team, it doesn't allow me to use the bubble shield. Needless to say, this is driving me nuts and has resulted in a lot of unnecessary deaths. Unequipping it and putting it back on does nothing. It's only the bubble shield and it's been going on for a few days now.

Achtius

RoboPlato said:
It can't be as bad as Resistance 2 on Superhuman, especially considering that Normal in R3 is easier than Casual in R2. R2 Superhuman was one of the worst things I've ever done in my gaming career. Painful all the way through.

You can get the trophy in R2 by just beating the last stage in Superhuman. I think you have to beat every stage in R3, please correct me if I am wrong.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Achtius said:
You can get the trophy in R2 by just beating the last stage in Superhuman. I think you have to beat every stage in R3, please correct me if I am wrong.
They patched it but, yeah you could. I did not learn this until after I played through the whole thing. I was also one of the first people on GAF to do it (about 5 days after launch) so no one else had good strategies to share. OMGWTFBBQ is the pride of my trophy collection but everyone just assumes I cheated to get it :(

Achtius

Is there any good tips in beating Steelhead? I mean if they are the only one there, then I can just keep running around to avoid auger fire. Unfortunately, that is never the case and I get either rape by auger or hybrids when I avoid the auger.

I finished the game today and I'm going to write up a quick review. This is coming from someone who considers R:fom to be the greatest game ever made and R2 to be worse than a pile of dog shit.

I don't feel like writing a huge review but let me tell you this. If you are reading this and haven't bought/rented the game because of R2 then go do yourself a favor and get this game. I loved all the different locations the game took me and the distinct environment of each one. The chimera in this game look/act much better than R2. I swear in R2 they just stood there like fucking dumbasses some times. And the titans/ravengers in R2, oh geez what horse shit. Again the ravengers are much better in this game. You know what, I'm not going to list every thing that is better in this game over R2 because frankly it's everything.

Oh and this is ALL based on single player. I left mulitplayer out because I hated the beta. It's just another cod-type killstreak, iron sights, perks piece of shit. I wanted the old run and gun, fast paced, target bomb, gun spawn, air vent multiplayer from R:fom but I didn't get it.

All in all this game is great and at least deserves a rental.

MrPliskin

Banned
Achtius said:
Superhuman is too hard. I am giving up :(

Dat Auger fire.

Don't give up!

There are a few tricks to really playing through Superhuman effectively. What area are you at? I can give some pretty good pointers :) I've played through Superhuman twice now (before release up to NY, then again after launch to complete everything).

Any problems in particular? Also, the best weapon to use for most normal encounters is the bullseye, as it's ammo is plentiful, and will allow you to use the exotic weapons in times of need.

Achtius

MrPliskin said:
Don't give up!

There are a few tricks to really playing through Superhuman effectively. What area are you at? I can give some pretty good pointers :) I've played through Superhuman twice now (before release up to NY, then again after launch to complete everything).

Any problems in particular? Also, the best weapon to use for most normal encounters is the bullseye, as it's ammo is plentiful, and will allow you to use the exotic weapons in times of need.

I did
the first few chapter and stopped at in PY (the Satan place), didn't feel like fighting grims at night, so I skip to NY. I am at the Washington Base, and just getting raped left and right. I even had trouble in normal difficulty fighting the 3 stalkers in NY

Also do they make it harder for co-op?

eshwaaz

I was a moderate fan of Resistance: FOM; didn't play Resistance 2. I just got to Chapter 11 of Resistance 3, and am having a pretty good time. The encounters are well-designed and quite enjoyable and varied so far.

I am surprised at how unrefined the game feels at times, though. For a game that was in development for 3 years from a high-profile developer, there have been many things that are just sloppy.

Early on, there's a moment where a soldier
gets his head ripped off by a Chimera - unfortunately, leading up to that moment the solider was just a floating head and gun with no body,
so the impact of that scene was ruined. There are also jarring, awkward camera moves leading up to many of the scripted sequences that make the storytelling feel clunky and amateurish.

I've experienced multiple instances where a chimera has not "triggered", so he'll just stand there while I shoot him. There's also an odd split-second delay between firing and enemy reaction whenever I use the shotgun.

Finally - who approved that ladder-climbing animation? Lord, it's terrible.

T-0800

dark10x said:
I'm not trying to prove anything, though. I'm simply commenting on the fact that the low framerate was hurting my experience. Killzone 2 in single player (which is what I'm judging) runs MUCH smoother than Resistance 3. Slow down is isolated and infrequent.

Killzone 3 isn't as smooth as KZ2, but it's still pretty solid and much smoother than Resistance 3. Again, I speak only of single player as I typically do not play multiplayer games.

I couldn't play Halo 3 MP because of the framerate. Not terrible but bad enough to ruin it for me. I have no such issues with R3. Make of that what you will.

T-0800

Thunderbear said:
Am I the only one who feels this game is criminally underrated? It's metacritic is 83, Resistance 2 has a metacritic of 87 and while that had more quantity this game is way more quality (except for the characters). Thoroughly enjoyed this game and it is one of the more atmospheric and fun games of this year.

I disagree strongly with any reveiw under 9. One of the best fps I've ever played.

Linconan

I recieved my copy today, and oh my...my, my, my.

Me thinks i'm in love. I'm really diggin it alot.
So far, perfect, and now classed as my fav shooter.

I never really got into R1/2, but the inclusion of 3D turned me head and thought i'd get it for me ever growing 3D collection.
Now i'm really glad i've bought it. The Atmosphere is perfect and the Graphics are awesome.
IF there's any boody out there complaining about the graphics, better upgrade their Sd Tv or check their connections or something. There not Killzone 2/3 graphics but regardless, it looks awesome and suited for the theme.

I had to ring up a mate to start raving about it. I even had that excitement shakes while talking about it (he's gunna get it now,lol).

Even though i bought this for 3D, i'm glad it's a title i'll be playing alot,lol
I've mainly played it in only 2D so (charging glasses,lol) i tried alittle 3D before the cutout and it looked wicked BUT the crosshairs looked weird though, like outta place. I'll have to get used to it.
But i was running around drilling them and one popped up at the screen and scared the shit outta me,lol, i'm glad i'm charging them up to play it late tonight in 3D, no really..
I'm gunna be sooo immersed into Resistance 3 tonight :)

nappies..*check
emergencies on speed dail..*check

DigiMish

Ran into a game-breaking bug where it would freeze on the skull loading icon before the main menu. Tried to delete the R3 game data off my HDD, but it froze. I restarted the system, it now shows as corrupt data.

Launched the game, re-installed, and re-downloaded the patches.

This curious hassle never happened to me in any other game.

Melchiah

eshwaaz said:
Early on, there's a moment where a soldier
gets his head ripped off by a Chimera - unfortunately, leading up to that moment the solider was just a floating head and gun with no body,
so the impact of that scene was ruined.

I witnessed the same thing. BTW, it was
Brawler, who ripped the head.

DigiMish said:
Ran into a game-breaking bug where it would freeze on the skull loading icon before the main menu. Tried to delete the R3 game data off my HDD, but it froze. I restarted the system, it now shows as corrupt data.

Launched the game, re-installed, and re-downloaded the patches.

This curious hassle never happened to me in any other game.

Had the same thing when the trophies were registering. Pretty annoying to wait through that (as if install time isn't annoying enough), but well worth the wait for the game that followed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My importer said that they may get the game tonight.

* Cautiously hyped *

Cornbread78

Questions,
I started playing SP on my slim PS3 on a different TV and copied my save file to a thumb drive thencopied it back onto my fatty PS3 and tried to continue the save file, but it would not recognize the file and allow me to continue, WTF? why do I have to start all over again, even though the save file is on the system now?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, some of the visuals in this really ARE insane.

Beautiful!

r3-2.png

njean777

kingschiebi said:
They did, but still wait for it to be released
"It's looking like Resistance 3 patch 1.03 will still be in Sony testing until tomorrow. We'll update you as we know more." (4 hours ago from IG FB)
Hope it is released by Thursday

FeD.nL

I'm having so much fun with the mp. Just staying alive and picking up weapons that foes drop is a Killstreak in itself. The only thing I would've changed is that the weapons upgraded in rounds instead of persistant upgrades you buy, like first upgrade at 4 kills and the second at 10 or something like that.

Regardless it's been a long time that I had so much fun playing an online shooter. The weapons really make the game and it's so satisfying tagging an enemy with the bullseye. The maps are also great and I really don't have the lag or framerate problems some people are experiencing. The killstreaks themselves are fine too imo, nothing like dashing by a shielded enemy and killing him from behind. I'm rank 28 now and I hope it will have a lasting community by the time the other big shooters are out.

Cornbread78

FeD.nL said:
The killstreaks themselves are fine too imo, nothing like dashing by a shielded enemy and killing him from behind. I'm rank 28 now and I hope it will have a lasting community by the time the other big shooters are out.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MP, but he shields are really starting to piss me off. I tagged so many guys with shields in the back last night, then they turn around and the tag no longer works because the bullets try to go straight through the guy to his back instead of around him.... kinda lame, I died a bunch of time last night when flanking guys because of that.

Top Bottom