• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Achtius

patsu said:
You can "buy" health regen from Extras > Shop !

You can't get the superhuman trophy with those cheats

Also.. FRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGINNNNNNNNNNNNN'
ROOFS
. I am just going to keep going with my superhuman play through and come back with cheats later to get that trophy.

Himself

I used my credits to download all the videos. I love seeing the behind the scenes stuff and wish more companies did this. The glitches and Steve Ryder concepts (who the f is Steve Ryder anyway?) were hilarious.

Himself

Achtius said:

ROOFS
. I am just going to keep going with my superhuman play through and come back with cheats later to get that trophy.

Some of these trophies are stubborn.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Achtius said:

ROOFS

I had to lure the chimera out at the very beginning of the "Cliffs" level for Mt. Pleasant. I used the Rossmore (fully upgraded) but the first shot didnt knock it off. I tried to melee it off post-mortem but that didn't work until I did it while the body was still on fire. Once I sent a burning body overboard the trophy triggered.

I am having a bitch of a time with
Juggler
, though.

Achtius

Applesauce said:
I had to lure the chimera out at the very beginning of the "Cliffs" level for Mt. Pleasant. I used the Rossmore (fully upgraded) but the first shot didnt knock it off. I tried to melee it off post-mortem but that didn't work until I did it while the body was still on fire. Once I sent a burning body overboard the trophy triggered.

Juggler
, though.

does it still work if i
set him on fire AFTER he die?
?

HYDE

Banned
Just got the game from a Craiglister for 35$ without the online code('cause I don't care to play mp). Good deal, for campaign only, or no?

george_us

Man I love the depressing and hopeless tone of this game. R1 and R2 had the "rah rah" military theme going on but this one is getting to me. I just got to
New York
and the somber tone is so fitting. No heroism, no crazy epic battle (yet), just a dude going up against a nigh-unstoppable force.

DigiMish

sleepykyo said:
Were you ever able to get rid of it? Just ran into the same issue trying delete the game data.

Yea - delete the R3 data, and it will become corrupted. Start R3, and download the patches and install the game. You can actually delete the corrupted data, but it takes a while (around 15 min. for me).

pickle said:
c'mon, you know you want that dummy chimera skin.

Oh, I'm playing it alright. But as opposed to that person who hated on it to just get the skin, I'm enjoying myself. Like others have said, it's addictive and just good fun - especially at later levels when you can drop 15k troops by yourself and just change the tide of war in a region... all by yourself.

MrPliskin

Banned
Applesauce said:
Juggler
, though.

St. Louis, first section. When you get into the warehouse with all the grims, just bum rush to the top, and there's a tunnel at the very top. The grims will follow you and stack on the tower. From there, just freeze the mob, then wait for them to begin unfreezing. Then launch a mutator secondary, and immediately top it off with a molotov. Die, rinse, repeat :)

Note: You need the "All Weapons" cheat unlocked to do this.

Stantron

I played a bunch of rounds of MP and holy shit is it a lag fest. Like way worse than the beta. I'm dying the instant I see someone in some cases. Damn near unplayable. Is it like this for anyone else?

Please tell me there's a way to take melee off the right stick. I accidentally press that in so many times.

That perk where a bunch of in bugs spawn at your death is worse than martyrdom from call of duty. So cheap. I don't know. Maybe it's because the lag made it annoying to kill those things as they were warping around all over the place.

Really bad first impressions. :/
Gonna try SP, the main reason I bought the game.

patsu

Achtius said:

ROOFS

>_< It's the most difficult level, dude. You may want to upgrade your weapons more.

EDIT:
Other games don't have weapon wheel and upgradable weapons you know. ^_^

Melchiah

PetriP-TNT said:
edit: well this is a fun little time waster, how do I link my PSN and Global Resistance accounts for the unlocks?

You can't, yet.

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=4913.0
The PSN login is currently being worked on. It is almost there, but we are waiting on a few things from Sony.

Once the PSN is working we will let everyone know. At that time you can sync your PSN and get your GR unlocks in R3.

Update: "It is being tested. There is no word yet as to when it will go live, but we are getting closer." (source: http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=3867.msg65131#msg65131)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jstevenson said:
also, the Move thing was not having a specific screen for it, you can't let people remap based on the Dualshock screen, and we didn't have time nor space for a new screen when we figured that out.

Even if you could add that screen, you'd still have to re-submit for QA right?

Anyway, any chance you can bring it back down the line? Perhaps in patch 4?

Melchiah said:
Yeah noticed that myself too but thanks!

I have spent like 6 and half hours playing that game today (at school) and it's still pretty cool. The only problem is that the skirmishes are pretty much stuck until the other player accepts the match and I got many lvl1 players (which I think will never log in again) holding up the queue for 13 more hours.

I am lvl 11 atm

Melchiah

PetriP-TNT said:
Yeah noticed that myself too but thanks!

I have spent like 6 and half hours playing that game today (at school) and it's still pretty cool. The only problem is that the skirmishes are pretty much stuck until the other player accepts the match and I got many lvl1 players (which I think will never log in again) holding up the queue for 13 more hours.

I am lvl 11 atm

I'm at the same level, started the game yesterday. I wish it had a faster tempo, as I only want to earn stuff for the real game. First you have to wait until you have enough resources, then you have to wait for a mission to end, then you have to wait for a building to be created/upgraded... wait, wait, wait. =(

The problem with skirmish battles is you can't build a Scanner Spire before you've fought 10 skirmish battles, and fighting skirmish battles with more experienced players without it leaves you in a disadvantage.

jstevenson said:
we are patching the ADS to allow you to point around the screen while zoomed though

Awesome :)

I'd like some more customisation for controls too, like twisting to reload and pressing square to melee, or something, but the ADS stuff is the priority. I can't wait for the patch !

Loudninja

RockmanWhore said:
Awesome :)

I'd like some more customisation for controls too, like twisting to reload and pressing square to melee, or something, but the ADS stuff is the priority. I can't wait for the patch !
Its not going to be in this patch but next one.

Stantron said:
I played a bunch of rounds of MP and holy shit is it a lag fest. Like way worse than the beta. I'm dying the instant I see someone in some cases. Damn near unplayable. Is it like this for anyone else?

Please tell me there's a way to take melee off the right stick. I accidentally press that in so many times.

That perk where a bunch of in bugs spawn at your death is worse than martyrdom from call of duty. So cheap. I don't know. Maybe it's because the lag made it annoying to kill those things as they were warping around all over the place.

Really bad first impressions. :/
Gonna try SP, the main reason I bought the game.
The lag is getting patch and yes you can change the controls to anyway you want.

Bollocks

Can finally hit this up coop style with my bro later tonight.
Think we will jump right into hard, played some yesterday and wasn't that difficult, unless they tweaked the difficulty extra for coop, hard should be the right choice.

Reckoner

Loudninja said:
Its not going to be in this patch but next one.

The lag is getting patch and yes you can change the controls to anyway you want.
when is it being released. do you know? I'm tired of waiting to spend some hours on the multiplayer. :( release it already ig

MrPliskin

Banned
Reckoner said:
when is it being released. do you know? I'm tired of waiting to spend some hours on the multiplayer. :( release it already ig
IG has already finished it, they are just waiting for it to clear QA in all territories.

So I picked this up today and started playing SP, thought I might check if I can do some co-op and it says I have to enable the online pass. Thing is I'm in Japan, playing the Jp version but playing on my Australian account, so I gather I have to enable the pass on my Jp account. Does this mean I can not play the game online unless it's on my Jp account? Hoping jstevenson or someone can jump in and clarify.

Ashes

Banned
It unlocks for all accounts as far as I know.

What do you have to lose by trying?

I think a gaffer from another country, with a uk copy, had to unlock on uk account. It then worked on all accounts on that ps3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loudninja said:
No one made an online topic yet?I need to play with gaffers playing with randoms is a no go.
Same here. I've been busy the past couple of days but I was hoping to get some time in with GAF sometime soon.

The Praiseworthy said:
Aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuuuupid Stuuuupiiiid chapter 7 on superhuman!!!!!!

This is really getting on my nerve :/

The boat? I started running rings around the boat, it was the only way I could do it. LEFT out of health room, round to the front of boat, round to back, get health. You can't just stay by the health as the game requires you to move away from the health then walk back to it before it works again. Was a hard section for sure. Not looking forward to the Ravenholm copy level.

garath

How does the move/sharpshooter experience of this compare to Killzone 3? Comparable? I just got a sharpshooter and I am trying to decide between the two. I know KZ3 is a great experience but I would rather play Resistance 3.

Ashes1396 said:
It unlocks for all accounts as far as I know.

What do you have to lose by trying?

I think a gaffer from another country, with a uk copy, had to unlock on uk account. It then worked on all accounts on that ps3.

Tried it and it worked. Thanks!

Just finished it for the second time ( superhuman ). It's a great game especially with all weapons maxed out. Too bad about
the ending
, it's even worse on the second playthrough :/

MrPliskin

Banned
garath said:
How does the move/sharpshooter experience of this compare to Killzone 3? Comparable? I just got a sharpshooter and I am trying to decide between the two. I know KZ3 is a great experience but I would rather play Resistance 3.

Right now, it's not stellar because the iron sights are "fixed", however, a patch is due out within the next day or so that will "fix" them. I don't know if it'll change the bounding box to be more dynamic ala KZ3, but at least we'll be able to point and shoot instead of drag and shoot.

Always-honest said:
sorry, i have been away for a few days, but is there anything known about a demo yet?

Just that Sony has it, and I suppose they'll put it up whenever they feel the want to...which is a damn shame since more people need to experience the game. I think the Haven demo would rock socks and get lots of people on board to buy it. Sony fucking sucks =\

MrPliskin

Banned
ChiefEdiri said:
Tell them to fix the overpowered shotgun in MP as well.

They'll be doing their first weapons pass after they fix critical issues like the frame hitches and lag. From what I understand, they don't even need to do a patch for balance, most can be tweaked via servers, which is pretty cool.

kamspy

Debating on renting this game for a SP runthrough.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on it? I loved the weapon wheel in R1 and tolerated R2 more than most people. I'm a PC gamer mostly, but I PS3 1st party stuff usually does a good job with smoke and mirrors making the IQ a lot better. R2 looked fine. R3 didn't go backwards in that dept did they?

It's this or Driver San Fran. I know it's the wrong thread, but does anyone know if it runs at 60fps with no tearing on PS3 like it does on 360?

darkwing

actually the atomizer is more overpowered, no need to aim at close range , one guy went 40-5 with it , used shields to protect himself , awesome lol

MrPliskin said:
Right now, it's not stellar because the iron sights are "fixed", however, a patch is due out within the next day or so that will "fix" them. I don't know if it'll change the bounding box to be more dynamic ala KZ3, but at least we'll be able to point and shoot instead of drag and shoot.

Just that Sony has it, and I suppose they'll put it up whenever they feel the want to...which is a damn shame since more people need to experience the game. I think the Haven demo would rock socks and get lots of people on board to buy it. Sony fucking sucks =\
okay thanx!

Loudninja

darkwing said:
actually the atomizer is more overpowered, no need to aim at close range , one guy went 40-5 with it , used shields to protect himself , awesome lol
Ye snot that its in a the final game I see that it is overpower, a weapon that auto aims shoudl have low damage.

MrPliskin

Banned
Loudninja said:
The bullseye is more annoying.

Not if you wear Hazmat :D Or have good map knowledge and use dash to get behind cover, turn around and drop a nade at the door. Bullseye taggers always try to rush after you for the kill if you go into a room, it's really easy to get the kill :D

Loudninja

MrPliskin said:
Not if you wear Hazmat :D Or have good map knowledge and use dash to get behind cover, turn around and drop a nade at the door. Bullseye taggers always try to rush after you for the kill if you go into a room, it's really easy to get the kill :D
Yeah I know :p

kamspy

I'll try this again.

I'm trying to avoid big reviews because I hate location spoilers. Can someone please give me a little mini review on the enemies, weapons and graphics?

njean777

kamspy said:
I'll try this again.

I'm trying to avoid big reviews because I hate location spoilers. Can someone please give me a little mini review on the enemies, weapons and graphics?

The enemies are pretty well thought out, besides the overuse of a certain type of annoying enemy. Which would be the flying ones, the weapons are the star of the game IMO. All of them are rewarding to shoot, and the gunplay is really great. The graphics are great, but for some reason they are a little blurry. Way more then usual blurry, but after a couple of minutes you get use to it. Story is also the 10x better the R2, and a bit better then R1. IMO it is the best in the series.

The mp is broken, but I am hoping Insomniac will fix it. The shotgun is supremely OP, and the lag is horrendous.

MrPliskin

Banned
kamspy said:
I'll try this again.

There are a decent amount of enemies, but the most interesting are the mini bosses. The enemies are often grouped in ways that encourage you to use all of your weapons in unique way's to approach the very well constructed encounters.

Each location feels unique from the last, in both atmosphere and set up, so you'll have different approaches to each battle.

The pacing is pretty great, it doesn't beat you over the head with action through out the entire game ala CoD or other shooters this gen.

I dunno, most here really dig the SP, and believe it's severely underrated. It's got a handful of bugs, but none that can't be bypassed by restarting from the last check point.

Edit: BEATEN!!

Also, not that anyone cares, but I'm making more avatars, and in the spirit of patching, re-doing the OT. I wasn't really pleased with how it turned out, and at the time, Trigonometry was really taking it's toll on my time. So yea...yippee!

Top Bottom