• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Loudninja

kamspy said:
I'll try this again.

I'm trying to avoid big reviews because I hate location spoilers. Can someone please give me a little mini review on the enemies, weapons and graphics?
The weapons are great lots of variety, i had a hard time choosing which one to use.Their are 12 weapons in the game btw.

patsu

darkwing said:
actually the atomizer is more overpowered, no need to aim at close range , one guy went 40-5 with it , used shields to protect himself , awesome lol

That's why I love EMP grenade these days. ^_^

GAF, I'm in a bit of a predicament here. Any kind of help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Got a hold of a Korean copy of Resistance 3 (it's the only version available where I live), and now I can't redeem the online pass that came along with it because I can't have a Korean PSN ID. I don't reside in Korea, and hence don't have a Korean Social Security Number (KSSN), which is necessary for making an account. Plus, from what I've heard, it's illegal to even try and use someone else's KSSN, even with their consent. I've tried the code on various other Asian stores (Hong Kong, Malaysia etc.), but to no avail. It appears it will only work on the Korean Store, and that's that.

Now, what I need to know is if I purchase another online pass from, say, the Hong Kong store, would it work fine with my copy of the game? It does, after all, belong to the same region i.e. Region 3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Loudninja said:
Hey if you guys stuck on anything or are looking for any intel or whatever I have my guide so just ask. :)
Last night i played a couple of chapters, reached
Misourii
So far so good.

Its cool that it shows how many intel and audio recordings are in each level.

patsu

Fersis said:
Last night i played a couple of chapters, reached
Misourii
So far so good.

Its cool that it shows how many intel and audio recordings are in each level.

:lol FINALLY !1!!!!

MrPliskin

Banned
CerebralTiger said:
GAF, I'm in a bit of a predicament here. Any kind of help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Got a hold of a Korean copy of Resistance 3 (it's the only version available where I live), and now I can't redeem the online pass that came along with it because I can't have a Korean PSN ID. I don't reside in Korea, and hence don't have a Korean Social Security Number (KSSN), which is necessary for making an account. Plus, from what I've heard, it's illegal to even try and use someone else's KSSN, even with their consent. I've tried the code on various other Asian stores (Hong Kong, Malaysia etc.), but to no avail. It appears it will only work on the Korean Store, and that's that.

Now, what I need to know is if I purchase another online pass from, say, the Hong Kong store, would it work fine with my copy of the game? It does, after all, belong to the same region i.e. Region 3.
Well, I don't know if disc region and DLC region are one in the same. I'd recommend asking jstevenson for some assistance with this before buying anything.

Bollocks

So, I played my first coop session and I can't help but to thing that this whole game was rushed.
I try to join a friends game -> hangs on connecting to the server, ps3 beeps restarts
Try again, now I'm ingame but my friends player locks up, can't do anything besides going into the pause menu.
Third time's the charm, loading took 3x longer, would show the loading screen then black screen then back to the loading screen but we eventually get ingame.
The black screens are really annoying, they last for 10sec and you don't know, lockup, normal?!
Also can't help but to think that it lags horrendously, sometimes I can oneshot enemies with the shotgun but most of the time I need 3 shots.
We also couldn't advance one time because it wouldn't trigger a waypoint, had to restart.
Also my partner is behind we wait for him and sometimes he doesn't even run the last meters he just pops up in front of us.
Then we came to the demo section, there was one instance where I had no enemies on the screen at all I ask my partner if there are enemies and he says yes but all I can see is him shooting in the air :D
Next thing I know I'm dead.
He laughed because he saw me jumping from the boat but reality is I just stood there and never moved.
Also he seems to attract all the fire, I can run freely around shooting the enemy :D

I don't know but the coop experience is really ghetto.
They really should have pushed back the release date to make the coop a smoother experience.
I'll hold out on the MP till 1.03 drops.

theBishop

Banned
Insomniac's facebook: "Still waiting on word from SCEA on the deployment of R3 patch 1.03, but hopeful it'll be today."

It's cool that they're supporting this game and all, but I've probably had 5 sittings with this game, and 3 of the were delayed by a patch. Would it have hurt to push the release a couple weeks to get this stuff right?

Loudninja

theBishop said:
Insomniac's facebook: "Still waiting on word from SCEA on the deployment of R3 patch 1.03, but hopeful it'll be today."

It's cool that they're supporting this game and all, but I've probably had 5 sittings with this game, and 3 of the were delayed by a patch. Would it have hurt to push the release a couple weeks to get this stuff right?
It doesn't work like that.

Rising_Hei

Ended it today, some of my pros and cons

+ Graphics, they're so good even without HD, full of detail, good texture work and flashy effects
+ Production values, i feel like they crafted the game very carefully
+ Gameplay overall
+ The Weapons, loved them all.
+ More Cinematic than R1 or R3
+ Cutscenes
- AI issues and some annoying bugs
- Gameplay after chapter 17, i felt like open areas and they threw too many enemies to the player.
- The Ending
- This game feels like an spin off, not like a proper sequel, i expected the plot to be more ambitious

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
theBishop said:

that's not it at all, the patch is done (it's 20mb, by the way), it works here, it drastically improves lag/framerate issues. The patch is approved by some territories, but not all have approved yet.

It's been done for what feels like forever (submitted it on Monday), we're pushing to try and get it out for the weekend, but it's not always that easy.

No one is more frustrated then us, because we know it will make the game a ton better.

Massa

patsu said:
Which %&*$(&%*$(W region is stuck ?

US and Europe approved it already. Probably the same clueless people that released the boat demo on their Store are holding it up.

Great process by SCE in general. Having all these different groups doing the same job is a great way to be effective.

Pikma

Banned
jstevenson said:
that's not it at all, the patch is done (it's 20mb, by the way), it works here, it drastically improves lag/framerate issues. The patch is approved by some territories, but not all have approved yet.

It's been done for what feels like forever (submitted it on Monday), we're pushing to try and get it out for the weekend, but it's not always that easy.

No one is more frustrated then us, because we know it will make the game a ton better.

Does the patch also fix the bug that doesn't let you use the left d-pad perk sometimes? because that's the biggest game-breaker for me lately.

CerebralTiger said:

I had a similar predicament. Japanese copy, Australian account. Entered the code on my Jp account and could play MP on my Australian account. I guess you'd be safe, but yeah, might want to PM jstevenson about it.

Massa

Kenshin001 said:
I had a similar predicament. Japanese copy, Australian account. Entered the code on my Jp account and could play MP on my Australian account. I guess you'd be safe, but yeah, might want to PM jstevenson about it.

It's not the same because in your case the code and the game disc are from the same region. He wants to use an online pass from a region different than Korea with a Korean copy of the game.

CerebralTiger, what's the SKU for the copy you own? For Resistance 3 it's BCJS-37006 for Japan and BCAS-25012 for Asia (this code was taken from a HK copy of the game). If that code is identical on your copy then an online pass from HK should work.

MrPliskin

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
So I can't play hardcore tdm only? Fucking stupid. Hate playing breach with camping bitches everywhere.

Play with me, I'll solve those problems :D

Edit: Should have an update on the patch tonight around midnight PST.

Ashes

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Once the wifey's out of the shower, I'll jump on if you're on for a bit.

Edit: wait... that sounds dirty...

if anything it sounds very clean. :p

Do you have a toddler or something?

Ashes1396 said:
if anything it sounds very clean. :p

Do you have a toddler or something?
Haha
And yes. 19 1/2 month old. I've read more than enough elmo books for one night.

Unfortunately, I'd rather go back to the books than play another round of R3 online. Garbage play styles. I feel like I'm the only one roaming around trying to have fun. Instead, people just stick to choke points and fire away at each other.

I miss Rfom days. People ran around. I've seen more of one map from Rfom than I have in all maps combined in R2 and 3. Though I did play R1 more... Fun and smoothness go a long way.

MrPliskin

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Haha
And yes. 19 1/2 month old. I've read more than enough elmo books for one night.

Unfortunately, I'd rather go back to the books than play another round of R3 online. Garbage play styles. I feel like I'm the only one roaming around trying to have fun. Instead, people just stick to choke points and fire away at each other.

I miss Rfom days. People ran around. I've seen more of one map from Rfom than I have in all maps combined in R2 and 3. Though I did play R1 more... Fun and smoothness go a long way.

You playing with a Headset yet?

We don't have all the TZ Clan folks anymore, but I can snag up a few folks, and I can promise you a much different experience compared to your solo experience.

BTW, from Vitti on MyRes:

Vitti said:
So to all those who have been patiently waiting for this. The good news...

We have tested this fully and it is working. This means we are just going to deploy it live. I am not going to say when that will happen yet, but soon is now really soon.

We will Tweet/Facebook post and I will post here again when it is ready to go.

Almost there guys, almost there.

MrPliskin said:
You playing with a Headset yet?

We don't have all the TZ Clan folks anymore, but I can snag up a few folks, and I can promise you a much different experience compared to your solo experience.

BTW, from Vitti on MyRes:
Haven't headsetted publically for a while. Our dog that had the hacking problem has been put down (=[) but still don't want my wife and kid's shenanigans distracting the crew.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DAYUUUUUM at the SP graphics !!!
Just reached chapter 10

So I am only halfway through the game so far but Holy Hell this is so good. I can't believe how much Insomniac stepped their game up. The pacing, atmosphere and graphics are fantastic. Also the chimera are extremely fun to fight again which is saying a lot as I just beat Halo Reach for the 3rd time and that game is pretty much enemy ai nirvana at times. I can already tell as soon as I finish it I am going to start over again. Man well done Insomniac well done.

DigiMish

Argh, sorry, wrong thread.

Anyways, looking forward to hopping online some more. I got to pummel fools with the shotgun while it's still not nerfed.

On another interesting note regarding the cryo gun in multiplayer, I've played a small FFA match and the winner had the cryo gun while we all had regular weapons. He DESTROYED us. There was nothing we could do - the cryo gun would just freeze us too fast. So I guess that weapon is better in games with smaller amount of players.

Mystery

The cryogun gets out DPS'd by any other gun in the game. I don't see how you can lose a gunfight to that gun. It works great as a support weapon, but if you take any other weapon and fire it at the guy with the cryogun, you will kill him before he kills you.

DigiMish

Mystery said:
The cryogun gets out DPS'd by any other gun in the game. I don't see how you can lose a gunfight to that gun. It works great as a support weapon, but if you take any other weapon and fire it at the guy with the cryogun, you will kill him before he kills you.

That's what I thought. But we were all loosing to this guy. I mean, he might have been a much higher level player (Cryo gun unlocks at like lvl. 40 or 50), and I tried my best with the Bullseye + grenades, but once he would start freezing me, I really couldn't do anything.

What kind of upgrades does the cryo gun have?

Darkatomz

Beat the game in one sitting on Hard. Overall, R1 > R3 >> R2.

SP
Good:
-The game really did give off a strong desperate and sad vibe the entire time. You really never felt save, especially on the levels where the flashlight comes out. Pretty creepy. Very creepy, actually. Atmosphere is top notch.
-Music was pretty solid.
-Most of the weapons were pretty satisfying to use. There were usually a few weapons that were better for certain scenarios than others, but finding enough ammo for the right guns could be hard at times, which is nice.
-Old school touches like the health system are sweet. Same with the secondary fire.

Bad:
-Enemy AI could be kind of dumb at times, especially when killing them from range.
-Resolution is definitely noticeable. A lot of blurry things going on at times.
-Audio doesn't always sync up (mouths, kill sounds, etc).
-The game chugs at times. I don't know if this is disc/hdd loading, but it's very noticeable in game and in menus sometimes.
-Levels where you are given unlimited health and ammo are way too easy.
-In fact, the game itself was too easy I thought. I remember struggling a lot more on Hard in both R1 and R2.
-The story is WEAKSAUCE. Absolutely nothing is addressed from the previous lore. On top of that, there really aren't very many references to things that have happened in past events.
-To relate to the last point, there aren't very many intel pickups at all.
-Did I mention that the ending is abrupt and dumb? You had the balls to do something drastic like kill Hale last time around. Regardless, even if the ending was going to be a happy one, it still could have been handled better.
-The final room has been done before. Too reminiscent of R1.

MP
Right now, I'm a little bit less than lv30.

Bad:
-The same chugging/lag mentioned in SP occurs here too. Some of this was fixed in the beta, but it kind of seems undone right now. Yes, I know 1.03 is supposed to address this.
-Atomizer is CHEAP as hell. Too many people use it to get easy kills.
-Spawns are completely messed up... still. It's too easy to spawn in front of a horde of bad guys. Not to mention that spawning in the same general area as the rest of your team while the enemy completely slaughters everyone over and over is just retarded.
-I still feel that the cloak is too gimped when humans get the shield. At the very least, take away some of the time it takes for the cloak to kick in. Same with going back into cloak mode after coming out if it.
-Remember how you said that the leaper perk wasn't going to be used as much when the final game came out and there were other choices? Yeah, so not true. I've played a few games where LITERALLY EVERYBODY was using it. It's really fucking annoying seeing 32 leapers and spitters where enemy corpses used to be. Even worse trying to run through them or have a gun battle in that area.
-The GR unlockables should have been good to go on launch.
-Prison is an awful map on so many accounts. All the fighting essentially happens in one area, and it is primed and ready for Atomizer rape.
-Breach is damn near impossible to win. 50 lives to shoot out a bunch of fuel rods that have loads of health?
-I wish you could at least melee with the flag.

Side note, I ran into loudninja last night. First GAFfer I've ran into post-beta. But his friends list was full :(

Truespeed

I think this game has set a record for the most amount of patches released in the shortest amount of time. How many has there been so far? 4? Someone in QA needs to be spanked.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Truespeed said:
I think this game has set a record for the most amount of patches released in the shortest amount of time. How many has there been so far? 4? Someone in QA needs to be spanked.

2 actually (2 more coming tho)

Compared to SOCOM 4, this has been a pretty smooth launch :D

DigiMish

I tried Breach, and I wasn't even sure I was damaging the reactor. There's not really any feedback, so the whole time me and my team were unloading on it, I (and other people on the mic) were wondering whether we were doing any damage.

patsu

DigiMish said:
I tried Breach, and I wasn't even sure I was damaging the reactor. There's not really any feedback, so the whole time me and my team were unloading on it, I (and other people on the mic) were wondering whether we were doing any damage.

The orange light should go away when the node is heavily damaged. I was in 1 game where the node didn't open up. So the orange rods weren't exposed. I bailed out after 5 minutes.

Massa

Truespeed said:

There was a day 1 patch and another large one after that. Now they're releasing two more small patches with fixes to the multiplayer, which is great if you ask me. The more support for the game the better, console gamers need to get on with the times.

NBtoaster

Played some more mp today. Did quite well, I'm around level 10. Got my first hate message too lol, so I must have been good.

One things that really bugs me is that there's a rediculous film grain in mp. The game is already blurry, things don't need to be made even more unclear. Looks pretty terrible on the prison map. MP seems a lot blurrier than the sp for some reason too.

nitpick: shouldn't the chimera have a higher field of view? Or are those eyes on the sides of their head just for show?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why do people complain about the automonizer. I pretty much only use the deadeye, best gun in the game. Plus people move so slow with the automonzier PAY ATTENTION you can pretty much kite and kill them easy

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
They seriously need to nerf that rocket launcher and ammo perk, its so ridiculous how some dudes will continuously just bathe spawn in missiles...like its instant death once you respawn and the missiles track you as well. Its a lose lose situation. Other than that I love the multiplayer, I think I have to be the best shotgun user in the world lol

darkwing

QisTopTier said:
Why do people complain about the automonizer. I pretty much only use the deadeye, best gun in the game. Plus people move so slow with the automonzier PAY ATTENTION you can pretty much kite and kill them easy
you can't kite with them in enclosed places

DigiMish

Allonym said:
They seriously need to nerf that rocket launcher and ammo perk, its so ridiculous how some dudes will continuously just bathe spawn in missiles...like its instant death once you respawn and the missiles track you as well. Its a lose lose situation. Other than that I love the multiplayer, I think I have to be the best shotgun user in the world lol

I think everyone thinks that right now :D

Top Bottom