• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

darkwing

http://www.insomniacgames.com/an-update-on-resistance-3-patch-1-03/

Hey folks,

As you know by now, we’ve been hoping to get Patch 1.03 out to you this week. Unfortunately it looks like the patch may not deploy until early next week (Tuesday, September 20th). We apologize for the delays, and wanted to take an opportunity to explain what happened.

After patch 1.02 deployed (on Thursday, September 8th), we worked through last weekend to create patch 1.03. During testing, patch 1.03 drastically improved the framerate and lag issues you’re seeing in online multiplayer. This 20mb patch is highly targeted with those fixes. On Monday (Sept 12th) – we submitted this patch to Sony QA in all territories for certification and deployment. This is a required step, and usually takes a few days to ensure that all territories can test and approve the patch. After certification, Sony deploys the patch to the download servers (and we were also going to update our server code to let users know the patch was available).

Unfortunately, we found out late Thursday that, while passed/approved in some areas, worldwide certification and testing hadn’t been completed on the 1.03 patch yet. We had hoped to gain certification on Friday, but at the time of this writing, that has yet to occur. Normally this wouldn’t be a huge issue and we could deploy the patch to regions it was approved in, however Patch 1.03 is incompatible with Patch 1.02. With our worldwide server model and architecture, this means we must roll out patch 1.03 worldwide, or risk players with 1.02 running into and causing issues amongst the players logged-in with 1.03.

In short, we must wait for the worldwide approval at this point. Everyone at both Insomniac and at Sony Product Development is doing everything possible to expedite the approval process and deploy this patch, even if it means deploying it over this weekend. We’re on call and doing our best to get this update deployed, as we believe it will majorly improve your online experience with Resistance 3.

In the mean time, we thank you for your patience, and apologize for the delays. We look forward to resolving the issues and continuing to improve the online play experience in Resistance 3.

We will update you with the latest info via our Twitter and Facebook feeds as we receive updates. Thanks again for your patience.

IG

mbmonk

I quit on the last room of SP. I did not enjoy the last 2 locations in the game, but overall great SP.

I am honestly glad I rented the game. It sounds like MP is still unplayable and now it's going to be next week before a possible fix is released. It sounds like it was the same or similar problem that was in the beta, so this is just getting laughable now.

Regardless, loved the SP game. It wasn't HL2, but it was damn good. Hat's off to the Insomniac crew on that front.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So 1.03 is the patch fixing the micro stuttering? Played some MP but the stuttering is really annoying.

I had a script error (Be sure to be near
Charlie during the dropship ambush
) but so far pretty awesome.

Loudninja

Fersis said:
So 1.03 is the patch fixing the micro stuttering? Played some MP but the stuttering is really annoying.

I had a script error (Be sure to be near
Charlie during the dropship ambush
) but so far pretty awesome.
Yes.

MrPliskin

Banned
Achtius said:
For those who plays Global Resistance, you can now link myresistance.net and psn account together to get the unlocks.

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=3867.0

I think I am going to wait to make sure there is no security problem XD

Unless you have Google Chrome, in which case you can just sit and spin on whatever you have lying around.

Side note: Security certificates are fucking stupid, considering NO ONE UPDATES THEM. Is EVERY certificate expired?! JESUS. I need to make an OT rant about this, lol.

Achtius

MrPliskin said:
Unless you have Google Chrome, in which case you can just sit and spin on whatever you have lying around.

Side note: Security certificates are fucking stupid, considering NO ONE UPDATES THEM. Is EVERY certificate expired?! JESUS. I need to make an OT rant about this, lol.

clarification please? spin what around?

MrPliskin

Banned
Achtius said:
clarification please? spin what around?

Hahahaha, sorry man, it's a phrase commonly (maybe not so commonly, actually) used in the states. It's basically a polite way of saying "go fuck yourself". Which is pretty much what Google Chrome tells me any time I try to visit a page with a security certificate and it's embedded within an iframe (or gmail, which also no longer works for me).

MrPliskin

Banned
Stantron said:
Why is lag even an issue? Wasn't the point of the beta to iron these things out before launch?

They tested a lot of the things that could (would?) increase lag, and tweaked it for the smaller player count, and everything ran really well for a short period of time. Then Socom 4 codes went live, and things turned to shit.

I'm 100% confident that if leaper count was reduced by half when you die (4 is a bit much) then the lag would be reduced as much as well. Also the secondary fires, beacons, turrets, etc...they all contribute, since the server has to account for these things. If you've got a player dropping an ammo beacon, a marksman turret, stacking hedgehog grenades, and then dies and spawns 4 leapers, you're adding quite a bit of strain on the server.

I mean, if 8 players on a team die and spawn 4 leapers a piece, you've just added 32 AI controlled "players" to the game, and then the other 8 players will respawn. It gets kinda messy.

I would just as soon prefer they made it so you spawn ONE leaper, and it takes more damage. Better system, IMO.

Loudninja

Stantron said:
Why is lag even an issue? Wasn't the point of the beta to iron these things out before launch?
Because issues always going to pop up after launch , it sucks but thats the way it is.

Edit:The Atomizer adds lag I seen it when people start using it.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
JB1981 said:
It was like this for several weeks in the beta. It's not a new issue

I don't mean to defend IG but the beta was supposed to start earlier then it did but got pushed back due to the PSN hacking fiasco, I imagine most of these problems would of been sorted out if they got the beta out earlier.

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
It was like this for several weeks in the beta. It's not a new issue
Have you been in the beta since the beginning?It wasn't away like that more and more players created the lag.Like I said it sucks but I am confident it will get sorted out.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Gotta admit, 5.1 Surround Sound Headsets made me so happy during the first boss fight

The howls of the storm...Good Lord, it was like I was fucking there

The clanging, destruction, + weapon usage was awesome

Love the effect if you hid somewhere in an alcove, noise would die down, just as you peeked, BAM! it picked up again

Up to chapter 6 (in under a hour, really moving fast, playing Normal to Unlock Superhuman, was hoping for Superhuman from the get-go, oh wells)

MP: =/, that patch needs to come soon, hate when people disappear and reappear, or your running like molasses and people jump from screen to screen

Also why on earth are players clipping (or phasing) in the maps, I have died several times and just got glitched into outside of the map, free falling, or killed someone, who magically goes through the floor and vanishes

One time both of us clipped at the exact same fucking time, I killed the dude, his leapers kill me, camera shows the person who killed me, so I'm clipping while he's clipping WTF!?!

Stoffinator

Game looks better than the beta, but man the lag is still so horrible. I also linked my account with GR and didn't get anything. And yes, I did unlock stuff on it.

kamspy

So I got through about 6 chapters last night. This is definitely the sequel I've been waiting for.

Troublesome stuff though, the game kept going to the XMB and prompting me to download 1.02, which was over half a gig. Finally I stopped playing long enough for it to download and install.

Other than that, the campaign is pretty great. Graphics have a good look. The lighting is good. Weapons are satisfying. Just really nice effort from Insomniac. I just hope 1.03 is delayed until after I've beat the game. Don't want to download another huge patch. I've got slow internet.

No interest in MP so the patches are useless to me. Only patch I'd like is a motion blur tick box like R2 had so I can turn it off and enjoy some detail.

Cesar

Banned
I don't get why this game has so much troubles online. R1 and R2 had blazing fast connectionspeeds with no lag at all, even for a launch game.

With all these problems i'm definately going to be waiting for 30 dollar bomba price, but it is nice to see that so many people are enjoying the game, It's easier to enjoy when you dont have to kill 10000 guys to get a single trophy ;)

On that note, has anyone ever checked the leaderboard to see how many people reached 10000 kills? Obviously that would be the best indicator of whether or not people have recieved a platinum trophy. Maybe I'll throw the disk in later and check.

Loudninja

An update on 1.03 - Sony has informed us we have received approval, and we will be deploying today. Details coming as we get into office #fb
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/115099275955937280

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just started playing Global Resistance today and it's actually pretty fun. I love flash games like that. I'm definitely going to stick with it for a bit. I want that dummy skin.

KingK

Wow, I just played a couple games last night and the lag was unbelievably bad. It made it literally unplayable for 90% of the match. It's weird, because I played a few matches on like Tuesday and didn't run into any problems.

I guess I'll just wait until the patch to start playing again.

Loudninja

KingK said:
Wow, I just played a couple games last night and the lag was unbelievably bad. It made it literally unplayable for 90% of the match. It's weird, because I played a few matches on like Tuesday and didn't run into any problems.

I guess I'll just wait until the patch to start playing again.
I guess it depends on what people are using in those matches? Anyways Js said the patch would drastically improved lag/framerate.Its only 20mb as well.

MrPliskin

Banned
Stoffinator said:
Game looks better than the beta, but man the lag is still so horrible. I also linked my account with GR and didn't get anything. And yes, I did unlock stuff on it.

GR unlocks take about 30 minutes to "propagate" once you've linked both accounts.

I wondered why I sucked so much on the MP but then I just switched to Marksman and boom, 15 kill killstreaks all the time. Carbine just seems to cause so much lag or something.

Almost finished coop locally and it's really satisfying, I just wish that some minor things were different (like opening animations for doors).

Been playing Global Resistance constantly, currently at lvl 16!

I love this game, my favorite thus far this year

Beam said:
I am at chapter 18. God some of these levels are pain in the ass. And i am playing it on normal.

Compared to R2, R3 is not that hard imo. I think difficult on R3 is normal on R2.
Maybe you should approach some difficult shootouts with other weapons.
Upgraded Wildfire, Mutator and Rossmore are great for crowd control and than you can finish them off with another gun. The Augur shield also comes in handy when hell breaks loose.
You're almost there, so keep trying.

Ok so I am stuck in the terraformer. I took an elevator up and then crawled through a duct. Killed a bunch of dudes and now am stuck in a room. Anyone have any ideas?

Zoibie

TheExecutive said:
Ok so I am stuck in the terraformer. I took an elevator up and then crawled through a duct. Killed a bunch of dudes and now am stuck in a room. Anyone have any ideas?

I got stuck at the same place, had to look at a walkthrough to figure out where to go. On the wall to the left of the door with the 'x' that you can't enter, there are some vent things that you can interact with, you go through there.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, this should be it. http://uk.ign.com/wikis/resistance-3/Chapter_19 Second video, about 3 minutes in.

Grisby

TheExecutive said:

If its the big room I'm thinking of you need to go around to the other side and head up a platform/ramp that crosses back over and up to the way out.

Achtius

TheExecutive said:

destroy the power rod
or am i at the wrong place? was this the elevator where
you and charlie split up the 2nd time ?

HBroward

TheExecutive said:

If you are where I think you are, on the far wall should be a cover (like the ones you open to shoot a doors power supply) you can raise it by holding square. It took me awhile to find it as well.

TheExecutive said:

If I got the right room in mind...you should be able to walk to the left corner, get up the ramp and than you'll be shot at. As that happens you know where to go ( go right, up the stairs ). Kinda confusing because some rooms lookalike.

Loudninja

@insomniacgames Insomniac Games
We will have some R3 Multiplayer downtime around noon PST time to deploy the patch, server and config updates. More info closer to it. #fb
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/115118915042017280

Top Bottom