• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Cudder

Aw, too bad I just sold the game today. I couldn't see myself playing the multiplayer for long anyways with the backlog I currently have.

JB1981

still has the oddest lag i've ever seen. just this strange micro death lag... like there is something inherently wrong with the netcode.

Bollocks

How are we supposed to get past the second attack wave in New York?
We died 6x in a row and then just called it a day.
Up to that point we never had any problems but now they are everywhere, no ammo, everyone is either drone'd up or uses a shield ._.

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
patch did nothing for lag on my end. not a thing. its too bad because the game can be fun.
I don't know what to tell you. It is much smoother for me now.No lag while shooting, or getting shot, no issues with rockets, turrets or atomizers.

jmd494

Wow...did not expect this game to be so good. I think my favorite campaign since Infamous 1. I think I might have even enjoyed it more than Portal 2.

Definitely among the best-realized atmospheres for me this generation.

High points:
- The
prison
and
train (WIDOWMAKER STAMPEDE!!!)
levels. These levels were super memorable were totally unexpected.
- The weapons. Unlike most Insomniac games, I enjoyed almost every weapon.

Low point:
-
Ravenholm

All in all, I'm surprised this game didn't get mostly 9's. I don't play a ton of shooters though so I guess I'm missing some context in that regard.

JB1981

Loudninja said:
I don't know what to tell you is much smoother for me now.No lag while shooting, or getting shot, no issues with rockets, turrets or atomizers.

You don't need to tell me jack. The code is broken, my friend. Fuck, Crysis 2 runs better than this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The patch removed almost all the micro stuttering on my end. ^__^-d
BTW please nerf the Cryo gun.

Melchiah

Linking Global Resistance with your PSN account works now, so everyone can redeem their rewards.

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=4913.0&lcheck=1
1. Go to your profile here on MyRes, and link your profile with your CORRECT PSN account.
2. Log out of PSN, Global Resistance and MyRes.
3. Log back in to said accounts.

If your unlocks have not shown up yet, be patient. It takes time to get EVERYONE's accounts synced all the information transferred.

Finally got the Bloody Hell cheat and a ton of artwork. I particularly loved the New York art, wish there was a way to get some of those as wallpapers for my laptop.

MrPliskin

Banned
JB1981 said:
You don't need to tell me jack. The code is broken, my friend. Fuck, Crysis 2 runs better than this.

Classic Hardcore has almost no lag compared to the basic play list. Is that what you're playing? Leapers, beacons, and turrets cause almost all of the lag. What exactly are you playing?

JB1981

Loudninja said:
Wow what is with the attitude?Also that is complete garbage but whatever.

You begin your sentence with "I don't know what to tell you" and then ask why I have an attitude? OK.

Anyway, all I can say is the game still fucking chugs/lags/stutters - whatever you want to call it- when the action gets heavy and you are about to die. Halo and Call of Duty and many other online MP games do NOT have this problem. In fact, the lag reminds me a little of the lag found in the original GEARS. If this game is running on servers, something is WRONG with the server code. Something serious.

JB1981

MrPliskin said:
Classic Hardcore has almost no lag compared to the basic play list. Is that what you're playing? Leapers, beacons, and turrets cause almost all of the lag. What exactly are you playing?

I was playing Team Deathmatch. It seems tied to the use of abilities. It's like the servers can't handle it.

Loudninja

darkwing said:
the cryo gun? the atomizer is worse
I agree with that, in close spaces its annoying, same with the Wildfire,Other than that not have many issues with those.The most common weapons ware wost to me, like the bulleye.

KingK

I'm still getting some pretty bad lag. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still pretty bad at times. Are they still working on it?

darkwing

Loudninja said:
I agree with that, in close spaces its annoying, same with the Wildfire,Other than that not have many issues with those.The most common weapons ware wost to me, like the bulleye.
with the atomizer you can clear the room in seconds lol

Violater

St Louis
kypaf.jpg.gif

Insomniac did a good job in not showing a lot of this game to the public the visuals on this level was on another level :p

Darkatomz

What the hell? Why are TDM games won at 5k points now?? Way too fast. That would make sense for 4v4 games, but this is an 8v8 game here. Make it at least 10k.

Also, I played a few games where I selected TDM as the playlist, but got stuck in a bunch of other random games like CTF and Hardcore TDM. Also, NONE of my kills and deaths were registering in these games. It's not happening now, but who knows if it'll happen again.

MrPliskin

Banned
JB1981 said:
I was playing Team Deathmatch. It seems tied to the use of abilities. It's like the servers can't handle it.

It's not necessarily the use of abilities, rather, the use of things that the game needs to track for all players. This includes beacons, turrets, secondary fires (i.e. the atomizer secondary fire, marksman, magnum, etc) and leapers. Basically anything that will remain on screen for all players at all times. These things induce lag. The easiest way to reduce it and have a more "enjoyable" experience, is to play Classic Hardcore, where a lot of that server stress is eliminated.

Also, I think you took LoudNinja's "I don't know what to tell you" wrong. He wasn't trying to be a dick, just saying he doesn't really have any other input or suggestions for you. He wasn't accusing you of lying or anything ;)

Give Classic Hardcore a shot and see if it's better for you with the lag.

KingK said:
I'm still getting some pretty bad lag. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still pretty bad at times. Are they still working on it?

Yes, IG know's there are still issues, and they're still hard at work trying to iron stuff out and make it as smooth as possible.

Loudninja

MrPliskin said:
It's not necessarily the use of abilities, rather, the use of things that the game needs to track for all players. This includes beacons, turrets, secondary fires (i.e. the atomizer secondary fire, marksman, magnum, etc) and leapers. Basically anything that will remain on screen for all players at all times. These things induce lag. The easiest way to reduce it and have a more "enjoyable" experience, is to play Classic Hardcore, where a lot of that server stress is eliminated.

Also, I think you took LoudNinja's "I don't know what to tell you" wrong. He wasn't trying to be a dick, just saying he doesn't really have any other input or suggestions for you. He wasn't accusing you of lying or anything ;)

Give Classic Hardcore a shot and see if it's better for you with the lag.
Yeah sorry if it came off that way dude.Its obvious some people are still having issues.

Loudninja

@x_IQ_x leapers are getting nerved for sure. Shotty and Atomizer being looked at
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/115218579477102592

Bollocks said:
I guess so, never played Halo ._.
This is the steepest jump in difficulty I've ever experienced, this or we're doing something wrong.

Snipe the
drones before they get closer to you.Use the Atomizer secondary fire as well, the rocket launch works well against the ravagers

patsu

Bollocks said:
I guess so, never played Halo ._.
This is the steepest jump in difficulty I've ever experienced, this or we're doing something wrong.

I had that problem too. Like I said a few times already ^_^, the difficulty varies depending on you luck and the way you play. I had to drop to Normal to clear when it gets too difficult.

The multiplayer feels a lot better to me now than it did at launch. I'm really starting to appreciate the things that make this game unique compared to other shooters.

Loudninja

patsu said:
Adjust what ? Glad to hear the lag patch is out. My R3 is in the office though. >8^O
The TDM score, its at capped at 5000 right now.

DigiMish said:
What the hell, 5k pts. per round is too short. 10k was fine. The round is over just when I get into the groove.
Its getting change by Monday.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I finished the campaign last night. The final few chapters were by far my favorite part of the entire game. Excellent level design, awesome enemy encounters, and cool environments really helped seal the campaign up nicely. Overall I absolutely loved it, and I would easily say it's one of the best shooters I've played this generation, if not the best.

One thing, regarding the ending,
it felt really abrupt. I understand what IG was going for, and I think they did a decent job of accomplishing it, but it just seemed a little lacking to me. I think the main issue was that there wasn't some really cool cutscene at the end to tie all of the events of NY together. It was just like, "okay, we're done here, let's go home." It's not that I didn't like the story aspect of it, I just felt like it could have been told more powerfully. I also missed the epic feel of the stories in R:FoM and R2, although I understand that IG was focusing on a more personal tale this time around. There are just so many unanswered questions, though. Still, I enjoyed the story for what it was.

Did anyone else think of the movie Sunshine when they saw the ending? The endings are very similar although I think Sunshine's is much better.

LoudNinja said:
Someone has to make an online topic we need one.I haven't played with one gaffer yet on my team :(
You should add me. My PSN name is The_Darkest_Red

patsu

Loudninja said:
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/115218579477102592

Snipe the
drones before they get closer to you.Use the Atomizer secondary fire as well, the rocket launch works well against the ravagers

You can also use Marksman
for the drones, alt-snipe the ravagers (1 hit kill), auger the steelheads, rpg the rpg dude

Loudninja

The_Darkest_Red said:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I finished the campaign last night. The final few chapters were by far my favorite part of the entire game. Excellent level design, awesome enemy encounters, and cool environments really helped seal the campaign up nicely. Overall I absolutely loved it, and I would easily say it's one of the best shooters I've played this generation, if not the best.

One thing, regarding the ending,
it felt really abrupt. I understand what IG was going for, and I think they did a decent job of accomplishing it, but it just seemed a little lacking to me. I think the main issue was that there wasn't some really cool cutscene at the end to tie all of the events of NY together. It was just like, "okay, we're done here, let's go home." It's not that I didn't like the story aspect of it, I just felt like it could have been told more powerfully. I also missed the epic feel of the stories in R:FoM and R2, although I understand that IG was focusing on a more personal tale this time around. There are just so many unanswered questions, though. Still, I enjoyed the story for what it was.

Did anyone else think of the movie Sunshine when they saw the ending? The endings are very similar although I think Sunshine's is much better.

You should add me. My PSN name is The_Darkest_Red

Ok I add you later if I have room ;)

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
I'm glad to see things have improved for some of you guys. But I see I am not the only one for whom this patch didn't make a damn bit of difference. So disappointed, it's running like P2P bullshit for me(still). I know how well it can run, I played some towards the end of the beta.

Kurod

Banned
Melchiah said:
Linking Global Resistance with your PSN account works now, so everyone can redeem their rewards.

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=4913.0&lcheck=1

Finally got the Bloody Hell cheat and a ton of artwork. I particularly loved the New York art, wish there was a way to get some of those as wallpapers for my laptop.

Awesome I just got home and tried it. I also noticed that it unlocked the Rachel Parker skin for me although I don't remember getting it on Global Resistance.

Is there an online community thread or chat? It'd be really nice to party up with some Gaffers.

Edit: I also noticed that Bloody Hell wasn't unlocked in my game despite having gotten it in GR. I guess a few more tweaks will be needed...

Top Bottom