• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Steve McQueen said:
Compared to R2, R3 is not that hard imo. I think difficult on R3 is normal on R2.
Maybe you should approach some difficult shootouts with other weapons.
Upgraded Wildfire, Mutator and Rossmore are great for crowd control and than you can finish them off with another gun. The Augur shield also comes in handy when hell breaks loose.
You're almost there, so keep trying.
Thanks for the advice. I have upgraded these weapons, but i use atomizer for crowd control. What an amazing weapon. I use Auger a lot too. A lot of times i forget to use bombs or second ability of the guns.

Beam said:
Thanks for the advice. I have upgraded these weapons, but i use atomizer for crowd control. What an amazing weapon. I use Auger a lot too. A lot of times i forget to use bombs or second ability of the guns.

Yeah I forgot them sometimes too :D
Atomizer is great, but for crowd control it is a little bit too slow and you won't be able to kill some real big enemies with it. Best of luck on the last chapters!

CozMick

Banned
I've just started chapter 14 (played it all day) after completing the second game last night.

My lord the difference is almost a generation gap. absolutely amazing visual effects going on in this game.

Up there with the best looking games this gen, easily.

Steve McQueen said:
Yeah I forgot them sometimes too :D
Atomizer is great, but for crowd control it is a little bit too slow and you won't be able to kill some real big enemies with it. Best of luck on the last chapters!
Thanks man.
The Atomizer was really effective against the small bugs. They are such a pain :p

Beam said:
Thanks man.
The Atomizer was really effective against the small bugs. They are such a pain :p

You're right :D for those bugs it's a really effective weapon. Those things caused me more damage than anything else lol :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OH EMM GEE at the
train
level.
The
Warden
stuff is pretty cool. I didnt expect that.

What a huge improvement over R1 and R2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
OH EMM GEE at the
train
level.
The
Warden

That stuff came out of nowhere and was great. Such a memorable segment of the game when you're dealing with them.

Downtime just started:
Insomniac said:
We have initiated the downtime. Current games will finish and stats will post but no new games can be started. Will update you when done

Fersis said:
OH EMM GEE at the
train
level.
The
Warden

The story is showing that humanity sucks. So it´s somehow accurate discription :D

I just got the game and I'm unable to connect to the Multiplayer at all. I tried over a dozen times and I keep getting the message "Server Timed Out." This is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? I'm in Canada on a DSL connection with Bell/Aliant.

If this issue has already been discussed, please forgive me for not scouring through 87 pages of thread to find it.

Loudninja

LowEndTorque said:
I just got the game and I'm unable to connect to the Multiplayer at all. I tried over a dozen times and I keep getting the message "Server Timed Out." This is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? I'm in Canada on a DSL connection with Bell/Aliant.

If this issue has already been discussed, please forgive me for not scouring through 87 pages of thread to find it.
We have initiated the downtime. Current games will finish and stats will post but no new games can be started. Will update you when done #fb
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/115138070420008960

Hixx

LowEndTorque said:

They're taking the servers down atm (I think, either now or very, very soon) to apply patch 1.03 iirc.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LowEndTorque said:

Servers are down for maintenance right now. They should be up soon with the new patch that fixes a lot of issues.

Massa

Reckoner said:
how many time is it going to take? can't wait to finally put my hands on the online.

Patch goes live any minute now. When that happens they'll put the servers back online.

Kurod

Banned
Having trouble logging into Global Resistance. Does myresistance.net usually go down when patches are released?

Edit: NvM. Finally got in.

Bollocks

During our coop session, the session terminated, we wondered but kept on playing then the NPC got stuck again, we reload and all hell breaks loose, turns out the servers are down, so we update, got ingame again after a trazillion tries, only for 10sec though, servers down again and now we pray that we can continue in the next minutes ._.

Loudninja

They are back up.

Edit:I am not getting any annoying lag when I shoot or get shot at anymore.

Edit 2:Much smoother for me rockets grenades turrets flying everywhere no slowdown.

Violater

Yayy got it, now time to make some sandwiches

So went to Bestbuy, and the bestbuy dude was like, yo Gears of War coming out next week

Me -_-

We are having a midnight opening would you like to preorder

-_-

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loudninja said:
They are back up.

Edit:I am not getting any annoying lag when I shoot or get shot at anymore.

Edit 2:Much smoother for me rockets grenades turrets flying everywhere no slowdown.
Awesome news. I'll be jumping on after dinner tonight. Can't wait to get back into it. The lag was really screwing me up.

Massa said:
CerebralTiger, what's the SKU for the copy you own? For Resistance 3 it's BCJS-37006 for Japan and BCAS-25012 for Asia (this code was taken from a HK copy of the game). If that code is identical on your copy then an online pass from HK should work.

The SKU for my copy is BCKS-15009, which probably means that a HK online pass won't work.

Although, what confuses me is that the HK store and website both have 'Korean version' stated in the title:

printscreenj.jpg

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/game/addOnDetail/239280

Top Bottom