• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

T-0800

R2

Campaign lacking in polish
MP 60 players games smooth with no lag. (R2 MP boring)

R3

Polished campaign
MP 16 players with lag and framerate issues (R3 MP great)

T-0800

Just downloaded the latest patch and it has made zero difference. I'm really glad I bought R3 as the campaign was worth it for me but MP is a bit of a mess. Great maps with great gameplay but the lag and other glitches really spoil things. The MP should never have been released in this state. Disappointing as I can't see people sticking around.

KingK

T-0800 said:
Just downloaded the latest patch and it has made zero difference. I'm really glad I bought R3 as the campaign was worth it for me but MP is a bit of a mess. Great maps with great gameplay but the lag and other glitches really spoil things. The MP should never have been released in this state. Disappointing as I can't see people sticking around.

What's weird is that the beta ran so smoothly. I know the MP is fun because I loved the beta, but I can't play it with lag like this. The patch did improve it a little for me, but it's still like 1 frame per second about 30% of the time.

Kurod

Banned
Just got out of a breach game as a human where the shield and turret were both locked and the reactor was invulnerable. The score/reinforcement number was over 43 million...

Got out of there once the spawn camping began. I guess I'll just wait for yet another patch.

patsu

Kurod said:
Just got out of a breach game as a human where the shield and turret were both locked and the reactor was invulnerable. The score/reinforcement number was over 43 million...

Got out of there once the spawn camping began. I guess I'll just wait for yet another patch.

I encountered this during the beta also.

For others who are still encountering lag, you might want to report your connection type (wired or wireless), physical location, PSN account region, and your game disc region if they are different.

I remember Insomniac asked for your connection type if you have lag issues. It will help them locate the problem faster.

Massa

So yeah, between lag, framerate, leapers, rossmore, atomizer, cryogun and all the damn shields (all of them) I think I may be done with this MP. A shame since map design is pretty damn great and the gunplay feels just perfect.

SP is easily one of the best action games of the last 5 years. It's a shame the multi doesn't live up.

RBK

Banned
Haven't played too much MP to give a final opinion, but the 10 or so matches I played from the retail version have been OK. I only enjoyed the 5 Breach games I won. :)

Cornbread78

Seriously IG? The TDM rounds now take like 5 mins tops and capped at 50 kills? seriously, the games are way too short now. .....

The lag is gone, but framerate still freezes up during gunbattles... Why can't it get right, I know you guys want to rid yourselves of the Franchise, however.....

KingK

patsu said:
I encountered this during the beta also.

For others who are still encountering lag, you might want to report your connection type (wired or wireless), physical location, PSN account region, and your game disc region if they are different.

I remember Insomniac asked for your connection type if you have lag issues. It will help them locate the problem faster.

I'm on a wired connection in the Midwest (Indiana). US account and region.

TheHakku

Violater said:
ok what the hell
im lost inside the teraformer
edit nvm stupid fucking level design and no hint system
There is a hint system. There has been in past games. Only problem is, it takes like ten minutes for a location marker to pop up on the screen. Had a couple issues finding my way in this game sometimes. But I think I know the exact spot you're talking about.

CozMick

Banned
Launch day this game was unplayable, since then and post 1.03 the game runs practically flawlessly.

The death jutter is not an issue as I'm already dead, and the framerate is as smooth as you'd expect with the shit going on in the game.

Now IG, bring on the dlc :D

Hixx

Patch 1.03 has improved it but what the fuck at TDM ending at first to 5000. The rounds last about 3 minutes, unless you get on a great killstreak you're going to finish with 8-10 kills, it ends way too quickly.

Melchiah

Kurod said:
Awesome I just got home and tried it. I also noticed that it unlocked the Rachel Parker skin for me although I don't remember getting it on Global Resistance.

Edit: I also noticed that Bloody Hell wasn't unlocked in my game despite having gotten it in GR. I guess a few more tweaks will be needed...

I don't remember whether I have the skin or not, what level are you on Global Resistance? I'm at 18.

It took some time until the rewards registered for me. They had appeared while I played a couple of missions.

BTW, I think GR should have some limitations on how many people can join each side. It's getting somewhat tedious fighting at the Chimera's side against overwhelming odds.

Loudninja

Massa said:
So yeah, between lag, framerate, leapers, rossmore, atomizer, cryogun and all the damn shields (all of them) I think I may be done with this MP. A shame since map design is pretty damn great and the gunplay feels just perfect.

SP is easily one of the best action games of the last 5 years. It's a shame the multi doesn't live up.
Leapers are getting tone down, and they looking into the rossmore and atomizer situation.

HixxSAFC said:
Patch 1.03 has improved it but what the fuck at TDM ending at first to 5000. The rounds last about 3 minutes, unless you get on a great killstreak you're going to finish with 8-10 kills, it ends way too quickly.
They are changing it tomorrow it was a mistake.

darkwing said:
shields aren't a problem with the emp grenade
Yep.

Kurod

Banned
Melchiah said:
I don't remember whether I have the skin or not, what level are you on Global Resistance? I'm at 18.

It took some time until the rewards registered for me. They had appeared while I played a couple of missions.

BTW, I think GR should have some limitations on how many people can join each side. It's getting somewhat tedious fighting at the Chimera's side against overwhelming odds.
I'm level 14 on the human side of GR. It wasn't just Bloody Hell that was still locked but all the single player extras.

Melchiah

Kurod said:
I'm level 14 on the human side of GR. It wasn't just Bloody Hell that was still locked but all the single player extras.

I wonder whether there are additional rewards for being part of the winning team?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got to beat it a couple of hours ago... what a great, great experience that was. Can't wait to start rolling the multiplayer parts.

Singleplayer: R3 > R1 >>> R2
Multiplayer: R2 > R1 (loved coop)

Loudninja

Yoshichan said:
Got to beat it a couple of hours ago... what a great, great experience that was. Can't wait to start rolling the multiplayer parts.

Singleplayer: R3 > R1 >>> R2
Multiplayer: R2 > R1 (loved coop)
Hopefully its smooth for you, not everyone is having the same luck as others. :)

The game feels really different for me now I am doing much better now.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I started a new game and I can't skip the cut scenes, is that normal?, I want to attempt to get the Super Human trophy but I can't endure those cut scenes again, twice is enough already.

Loudninja

lowrider007 said:
I started a new game and I can't skip the cut scenes, is that normal?, I want to attempt to get the Super Human trophy but I can't endure those cut scenes again, twice is enough already.
Huh? I skipped all mine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pro tip: If you havent finished the campain DO NOT play online without muting everyone... lots of folks discussing the story during the matches.
Had to mute my entire team last night.

Just reached New York.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

theBishop

Banned
Finished the campaign yesterday. Strikes a nice balance between Halo, Call of Duty, and Half Life. Halo fans especially should check this series out. It's got a lot of things people like about Halo, and enough difference to stand out.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yoshichan said:
How are you liking it so far?
I havent finished it yet but loving it so far. The grim 'the chimera won and the humanity is done' setting is perfectly done. The gameplay is top notch and some of the levels are ZOMFG! For instance
the train level and the next one

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
OMG, I hate the Leapers. I'm done with the MP. I can't believe I played Resistance 2 for like 2-3 months and got 10k kills and stuff, and in R3, I'm bored already. Good show, Insomniac. I'm really sad that Resistance 2 was bashed so much, it really was a great game. <_<

Loudninja

lowrider007 said:
ahh that's why then.

Also did they forget to put in an animation for climbing ladders?
I did skip all them up to chapter 17 though :p

Meisadragon said:
OMG, I hate the Leapers. I'm done with the MP. I can't believe I played Resistance 2 for like 2-3 months and got 10k kills and stuff, and in R3, I'm bored already. Good show, Insomniac. I'm really sad that Resistance 2 was bashed so much, it really was a great game. <_<
the leapers are getting tone down in numbers an damage.

Yoshichan

lowrider007 said:
ahh that's why then.

Also did they forget to put in an animation for climbing ladders?
A lot of games seems to do this with ladders for some reason.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Loudninja said:
the leapers are getting tone down in numbers an damage.
Man, was it necessary to add them in the first place? They keep jumping everywhere, or should I say 'teleporting', it really pisses me off.

mujun

theBishop said:
Finished the campaign yesterday. Strikes a nice balance between Halo, Call of Duty, and Half Life. Halo fans especially should check this series out. It's got a lot of things people like about Halo, and enough difference to stand out.

I can see CoD but not Halo or Half Life. Are you talking about the story or gameplay?

For me Halo is about the high level of situational awareness the combat gives you + the vehicle stuff and it's large scale. I really liked the pacing of Half Life 2, travel, combat, puzzle, rinse and repeat.

I'm only up to chapter 8, almost half way, does this have vehicle sections or puzzles, for example?

lowrider007

mujun said:
I can see CoD but not Halo or Half Life. Are you talking about the story or gameplay?

For me Halo is about the high level of situational awareness the combat gives you + the vehicle stuff and it's large scale. I really liked the pacing of Half Life 2, travel, combat, puzzle, rinse and repeat.

I'm only up to chapter 8, almost half way, does this have vehicle sections or puzzles, for example?

You didn't get any HL2 vibe from this game thus far?, a lot of people picked up on it, it was even mentioned in some reviews.

Hellion said:
Just reached New York in campaign last night.

Played a little TD. That shield is annoying to deal with at a low levels.
Auger shield or the bubble? Just either shoot it until it breaks (which is like 3 seconds with Marksman) or just rush inside and shoot shoot shoot!

Global Resistance, stop lagging, I am bored and got lots of resources to deploy dammit!

lowrider007

Loudninja said:
I did skip all them up to chapter 17 though :p

I just restarted again to see if that is the case and you can't skip all of the cut scenes and that includes some of the early ones, for example you can't skip the one just after you kill the
stalker
and the one at the beginning of chapter four (Women & Children).

Bollocks

Can we get a group together and play this online?
Just dipped into the MP and got destroyed, yet I finished top on my team.
I'm not dedicated enough to lone wolfing it but I'm down to play this with a group of gafers as I think it can be quite the experience that way.

Greg

Rented the game, beat SP in a day, and then I wanted to hop on MP to compare to the beta to see if it was worth buying. I don't have issues with the idea of an online pass, but there's not even a trial like MK? Terrible.

Fersis

So i finished the game. Humm mhhmmh
I was expecting a longer end movie. Great game though.
Easily eaaaasily : R3 >>>> R1

Probably tied up with A Crack In Time as Insomniac Game best game.

Top Bottom