• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

IMO the shotgun has a decent balance, maybe a bit overpowered, but the Atomizer.. the fuck, when in a game I realize there's the usual atomizer user, I simple stay long range, and there's lots of people using the Atomizer :/

glaurung

PetriP-TNT said:
The story coop is really fun but goddamn it's rather easy, we played 10 chapters and died twice... on superhuman :p
As far as I understand, the game does not scale in co-op. I could be wrong, but basically with two players you simply have double the firepower and AI confusion.

I also need a co-op partner at some point. My local friends are dissing this game.

Melchiah

PetriP-TNT said:
The story coop is really fun but goddamn it's rather easy, we played 10 chapters and died twice... on superhuman :p

Wasn't there supposed to be some differences between the SP and co-op campaign? If there are, what are they exactly?

Melchiah said:
Wasn't there supposed to be some differences between the SP and co-op campaign? If there are, what are they exactly?
I have only played coop to half way to New York chapter and the biggest difference I can notice is that in the first chapter the weapon guy mentions John (the other player in coop) once when starting the firing range test, lulz.

Doubling of the firepower&AI confusion is true though, but ammo is not doubled either

Still: Looking for Skirmishes on Global Resistance (nick: MemphisCreep/Human side)

Melchiah

PetriP-TNT said:
I have only played coop to half way to New York chapter and the biggest difference I can notice is that in the first chapter the weapon guy mentions John (the other player in coop) once when starting the firing range test, lulz.

Doubling of the firepower&AI confusion is true though, but ammo is not doubled either

Still: Looking for Skirmishes on Global Resistance (nick: MemphisCreep/Human side)

Doesn't sound much. I had hoped for something more substantial. Oh well.

Global Resistance nick: Kraft (Chimera side)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
PetriP-TNT said:
I'll do some skirmishes with you. No one seems to be responding to my challenges.

Global Resistance: RoboPlato, Human

Anyone can challenge me if they want to.

MrPliskin

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
I still can't get past the loadout page. There is no log-in box anywhere and nothign clickable....Just that ugly a$$ Chimera.
What browser are you using? You should get an option to select your country, and then enter your birth date.

patsu

Vasilisk said:
Ok, finally good news, after firmware 3.72 (and something in the server side of Insomniac I imagine) the stuttering and lag is far less severe, in fact I've been able to get K/D ratios > 1.5 and my first killstreaks of +9 kills. And people fall down so fast to my bullets lol. Like Patsu, I have to play more, but anyway it's and improvement. Now bring patch 1.04 to correct ADS with Move, and it'll be perfect!

PD And the fixed the TDM score, btw

I played with Asian folks until 3am. The stutter seems to be mostly gone now. I still see it occasionally, but the general traversal and combat is now smoother than the beta. ^_^

Since I don't play with Move, I hope they improve the death animation stutter, and fix the scripting errors in 1.04. Atomizer should be gimped a little but I like killing a mutated Atomizer dude.

Nakimushi

Banned
Finally Resistance that I was preying for .... dark, realistic and serious
I cant stop playing SP campaing so far / story is really good and missions are interesting
whats most important shooting is really fun !!!
weapons are ace and animations of chimeras and how they falling etc is amazing
great job Insommniac !!!

and finally technically that game looks fresh
I really hate R2 look with that feeling like its running on Ratchet engine /too many colours etc and lack of dynamic lighting/
now game looks really great with very nice lighting and great Art direction

hope to see that game on start with ps4 ;)

sajj316

It's a damn shame the commercial didn't show off more of the game. Leave the Sharpshooter advertisement with KB for a montage of Sharpshooter supported games (separate commercial).

I will eventually get the game for the single player.

MrPliskin

Banned
patsu said:
Okay, now that the lag patch works for me, where is the online thread ?

I've been working on putting it together, i guess I can just throw it up. Nothing fancy! I'll add more over time though.

patsu

sajj316 said:
It's a damn shame the commercial didn't show off more of the game. Leave the Sharpshooter advertisement with KB for a montage of Sharpshooter supported games (separate commercial).

I will eventually get the game for the single player.

It's much better to go into the game "blind". It's a little hard to convey the game mood with an out-of-context demo segment too.

Mm btw, in MyResistance forums an admin confirmed yesterday that patch 1.04 with the Move fix has been sent to Sony QA. Can't wait for it! And count me in for the online thread, the game without lag is very good.

Loudninja

Vasilisk said:
Mm btw, in MyResistance forums an admin confirmed yesterday that patch 1.04 with the Move fix has been sent to Sony QA. Can't wait for it! And count me in for the online thread, the game without lag is very good.
Glad to see it work for more people,I just cant play with randoms man, they umm to random!

Edit:Glad about the move fixed will use it on my superhuman play though.I played the game 2 times already playing it again with Fersis and one more time.

patsu

Why not ? Playing with GAF is too dominating sometimes.

I don't mind playing against GAF occasionally. ^_^
Some are way better than me, but hey at least it's more challenging than a steamroll.

Loudninja

patsu said:

Some are way better than me, but hey at least it's more challenging than a steamroll.
Most of the teams I end on are not good, I am the top player most of the time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shotouts to Lince for reaching level 60 in the first day. WTF i mean WTF!

Cornbread78

patsu said:

I hear ya man, especially with teh group I play with I mean.... I can score pretty high at times, but I'm always dwarfed by the dudes and dudettes I play with. I try to jump into games with you guys but the games are always full, lol.

Finding all the journals without a guide is really quite time consuming. I actually missed one of the remaining two I have to get in order to get the trophy. I think once I finish the game for the third time, I'll load up that level again and look extra carefully. I'm also glad that I don't have that many trophies to get now. The only ones I'm going to have an issue with is the coop ones, since I don't have anyone to play coop with.

Vasilisk said:
I just went there and read the thread regarding the Move. Looked at the poll, and definitely think all of options would make me use the Move again in the multiplayer. L2 being the ADS, making the ADS more responsive, melee on a button, and changing the size of the crosshair. Yeah, that would be wonderful if they gave us that. I had to switch back to the DS3 because I wasn't doing so great with the Move, whereas with the DS3 I'm usually one of the top players in a match. Going to have to go vote there to have my voice heard, so thanks for posting about this. :)

Finished the campaign last night. A really fun experience for sure. Might be one of my favorite FPS campaigns I've ever played.

The only thing I would have changed would be a few tweaks to the storytelling.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Vasilisk said:

Link pls?

edit: nvm found it

patsu

Fersis said:
Shotouts to Lince for reaching level 60 in the first day. WTF i mean WTF!

Lince amassed cwazy amount of KZ3 experience points too.

How long did he actually take to reach level 60 ? I'm at level 35 now I think, and it took me 3-4 days to get here.

patsu

Cornbread78 said:
I hear ya man, especially with teh group I play with I mean.... I can score pretty high at times, but I'm always dwarfed by the dudes and dedettes I play with. I try to jump into games with you guys but the games are always full, lol.

That dudette seems to be having problem with her dpad abilities (Hi Pikma !). I shall try to find and beat her before Insomniac fixes her problem. :p

She's crazy good most if not all the time in my games. 8^(

Once I saw Lince praised her in the XMB chat message at the top right corner of my screen too. Must have outscored Lince sometimes ? ^_^

Cornbread78

patsu said:
That dudette seems to be having problem with her dpad abilities (Hi Pikma !). I shall try to find and beat her before Insomniac fixes her problem. :p

She's crazy good most if not all the time in my games. 8^(

Once I saw Lince praised her in the XMB chat message at the top right corner of my screen too. Must have outscored Lince sometimes ? ^_^

Very nice. I don't think I've played with her yet. Will have to piggy back off you, Gilbatron, or Fersis if you guys are together.

patsu

They should fix the few scripting bugs before releasing an SP demo.

I recommend the last part of Chapter 7 for the demo. Fight is intense, but stop halfway so they can finish it in the real game. ^_^

The boat demo is too draggy out of context.

The sniper level may be confusing to some. I see some people trying to charge through the level and get pwned by Chimeras. They will not be happy. ^_^

darkwing

patsu said:

I recommend the last part of Chapter 7 for the demo. Fight is intense, but stop halfway so they can finish it in the real game. ^_^

The sniper level may be confusing to some. I see some people trying to charge through the level and get pwned by Chimeras. They will not be happy. ^_^

that's the beauty of the game, its not a corridor shooter, rush or fight, your choice lol

Loudninja

patsu said:

Draggy that level doesn't last long at all.

patsu

Yeah, it's not the length per se. I think people expect more explosive and bigger fight these days. R3 has quite a few scenarios. That boat level hardly shows the game's depth and breadth. Chapter 7 is much much more intense and fun, almost like a wild west shootout.

About the move changes, aiming with L1 its fine for me, but changing the ADS system is a must, and to be able to remap the buttons is very necessary. I'll probably begin my Superhuman run just now, but I'll thank the patch for the hard parts and also for the multiplayer.

About Lince.. well, you could say is one of almost 24-hour player when something gets into him, normally a multiplayer he enjoys. But anyway, knowing him I'm hardly surprised of his high level in so little time, el puñetero gato ibérico lol

Finished building my base, now it's just upgrades upgrades upgrades in GR. Phew.

Played couple of rounds of R3MP and when it wasn't lagging it was very enjoyable exept for DM which is a total cluster fuck when Rossmore is so damn powerful. Split screen online also worked fairly well despite some large frame drops every now and then but it's understandable

Top Bottom