• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

MrPliskin

Banned
Himself said:
Can anyone confirm this? If so, what's the deal Insomniac?

I don't think this is actually the case. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure it's a bug (and I'm also pretty sure she was never headless).

Himself

Cool. I mean, I wasn't totally bugging out I just thought it was an extremely strange thing to go through the effort of removing.

Started MP a few days ago and it's amazing!

MrPliskin

Banned
Himself said:
Cool. I mean, I wasn't totally bugging out I just thought it was an extremely strange thing to go through the effort of removing.

Started MP a few days ago and it's amazing!

Edit to my previous edit.

She's still there, and she's still not headless.

Crisis averted guy's :)

BTW: Immersive + Health Regen + Enemy Secondary fire is the ONLY way to play this game. SO GOOD.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MrPliskin said:
I don't think this is actually the case. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure it's a bug (and I'm also pretty sure she was never headless).

Don't recall an headless corpse either.

Himself said:
Can anyone confirm this? If so, what's the deal Insomniac?

I've just played now and the woman is still there, I think the poster was confused with another section of the same level.

About the multiplayer, I don't like to eat my words, but I've been playing today around 4 hours (the majority of time with randoms) and what a disaster. Ocasional lag and sttutering, but the real problem is the 90% of the time one team was raping the other, very very unbalanced gameplay (yes, I'm eating my words lol), the common thing was 2 or 3 fellas on the top of the scoreboard with a K/D ratio usually of 2 or 3 or even more than 3, and the rest of people with K/D around 1 or less. And this is in TDM, because in War Games people usually don't give a crap about getting the objectives (I don't understand this, if you want to play TDM play in your proper mode!).

If this happens in 2 weeks of multiplayer life, there's for sure a problem in the gameplay. IMO the most problems come from Atomizer&Wildfire abusers, the Atomizer should be toned down and the same for the splash damage for the Wildfire. Also the turrets are annoying as hell, they are difficult to kill (3 shotgun blast, 2 if you are literally at its side, wtf!) but anyway you have some ways to counter them.

The truth I have a hate/love relationship with the mp of this game. When I played the last games suffering some glancing unbalanced games, I didn't felt the usual rage, it was more like sadness because another great multiplayer is ruined because of unbalanced gameplay. I'll probably play more days, try to play with friends or the GAF crew, and when the next patch with the Move fixes arrives I'll try again. But if things don't change a lot, I'll probably stick to the campaign solo and coop in order to get the Platinum, and another Move shooter with the mp part wasted ><.

Loudninja

Vasilisk said:
I've just played now and the woman is still there, I think the poster was confused with another section of the same level.

About the multiplayer, I don't like to eat my words, but I've been playing today around 4 hours (the majority of time with randoms) and what a disaster. Ocasional lag and sttutering, but the real problem is the 90% of the time one team was raping the other, very very unbalanced gameplay (yes, I'm eating my words lol), the common thing was 2 or 3 fellas on the top of the scoreboard with a K/D ratio usually of 2 or 3 or even more than 3, and the rest of people with K/D around 1 or less. And this is in TDM, because in War Games people usually don't give a crap about getting the objectives (I don't understand this, if you want to play TDM play in your proper mode!).

If this happens in 2 weeks of multiplayer life, there's for sure a problem in the gameplay. IMO the most problems come from Atomizer&Wildfire abusers, the Atomizer should be toned down and the same for the splash damage for the Wildfire. Also the turrets are annoying as hell, they are difficult to kill (3 shotgun blast, 2 if you are literally at its side, wtf!) but anyway you have some ways to counter them.

The truth I have a hate/love relationship with the mp of this game. When I played the last games suffering some glancing unbalanced games, I didn't felt the usual rage, it was more like sadness because another great multiplayer is ruined because of unbalanced gameplay. I'll probably play more days, try to play with friends or the GAF crew, and when the next patch with the Move fixes arrives I'll try again. But if things don't change a lot, I'll probably stick to the campaign solo and coop in order to get the Platinum, and another Move shooter with the mp part wasted ><.
They going patch it were we play with people at are level.Well unless we are in a party of course.Sorry dude I could not play CTF unless we had more members, with randoms its annoying.

MrPliskin

Banned
I've expressed my concerns with MP, and I plan on doing some "tests" later with hard data.

As it stands, the shotgun is too powerful (fire compensates more than enough to remove the 1HK, period). The Atomizer deals too much damage in too little time, and the sticky aim definitely needs to be tweaked. A good fix for the atomizer would involve reducing the damage done the further away your crosshairs are from the target. This will at least encourage people to AIM with the damn thing.

Also, Wildfire needs to be tweaked, but the biggest tweak here should come from the ammo beacon. It refills ammo too quickly, and it gives too many grenades. It needs to be similar to the health beacon, in that it can refill your ammo (health) but isn't enough to let you fire for ever (or in the case of the health beacon, live forever). Pretty essential fix, IMO.

If these things are tweaked, I feel the game will improve quit a bit. Not perfect, but better.

Loudninja said:
They going patch it were we play with people at are level.Well unless we are in a party of course.Sorry dude I could not play CTF unless we had more members, with randoms its annoying.

Don't worry Loud, I don't understand what the hell happened, I choose Team Deathmatch in the matchmaking screen, and the first time the game put us in a Deathmatch (lol?), and the second time we played a TDM in the Australian map and later we're playing CTF.. I wanted to play only TDM lol. About the matchmaking with your level, thats a good step but if the "endgame" of the mp is matches with people camping or rushing with the Atomizer and spawning the Wildfire, and turrets everywhere..
nz37nd.gif

EDIT At least the Rossmore is the only current way to counter the Atomizer for <35 levels in 1vs1 at close range.. xD

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MrPliskin said:
BTW: Immersive + Health Regen + Enemy Secondary fire is the ONLY way to play this game. SO GOOD.
I'm planning on doing an Immersive run once I get my new plasma. I'm going to play through a bunch of games I've been wanting to do HUD-less playthroughs while the set is still young.

Loudninja

MrPliskin said:
I've expressed my concerns with MP, and I plan on doing some "tests" later with hard data.

As it stands, the shotgun is too powerful (fire compensates more than enough to remove the 1HK, period). The Atomizer deals too much damage in too little time, and the sticky aim definitely needs to be tweaked. A good fix for the atomizer would involve reducing the damage done the further away your crosshairs are from the target. This will at least encourage people to AIM with the damn thing.

Also, Wildfire needs to be tweaked, but the biggest tweak here should come from the ammo beacon. It refills ammo too quickly, and it gives too many grenades. It needs to be similar to the health beacon, in that it can refill your ammo (health) but isn't enough to let you fire for ever (or in the case of the health beacon, live forever). Pretty essential fix, IMO.

If these things are tweaked, I feel the game will improve quit a bit. Not perfect, but better.
I agree with this, they said they are looking at both the rossmore and the Atomizer weapons.

Vasilisk said:
Don't worry Loud, I don't understand what the hell happened, I choose Team Deathmatch in the matchmaking screen, and the first time the game put us in a Deathmatch (lol?), and the second time we played a TDM in the Australian map and later we're playing CTF.. I wanted to play only TDM lol. About the matchmaking with your level, thats a good step but if the "endgame" of the mp is matches with people camping or rushing with the Atomizer and spawning the Wildfire, and turrets everywhere..

EDIT At least the Rossmore is the only current way to counter the Atomizer for <35 levels in 1vs1 at close range.. xD
Yeah.I see more people using the bulleye than any other weapons.

patsu

Vasilisk said:

I get slightly more lag last night but noticably better than last week.

For Atomizer users, I usually use grenades on 'em. All 3 if they have shield on ! 8^P

The other way if you can see one coming is to run away and flank him from behind and far using Bullseye tag.

If the lag becomes worse progressively, then the server may have memory leak.

Massa

Loudninja said:

That will barely help, I think. Having overpowered weapons and powers yourself doesn't make it any more fun to play against people with overpowered weapons and powers.

Loudninja

Massa said:
That will barely help, I think. Having overpowered weapons and powers yourself doesn't make it any more fun to play against people with overpowered weapons and powers.
I still think it help somewhat for newer players.

patsu

Yeah, together with weapon balancing, the level match making will help moderate the starting experience.

Don't just look at Atomizer and Mutator. Look at Carbine also.

patsu

Does starting player has Marksman ? I can't remember anymore.

Also Carbine is the default weapon, so it's very important.

DigiMish

Did you guys ever have this problem in multiplayer where in close quarters to the enemy, you press the fire weapon button, but you use melee for some reason?

At first I thought this was because I accidentally push R3 out of excitement, but it has happened multiple times to me.

MrPliskin

Banned
Balance update goes live at Midnight PST tonight. Will reduce rossmore rate of fire (but now power) and increase Mutator secondary power. Will also reduce the damage bonus you get when chaining enemies with the atomizer.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is there a reason the matchmaking goes out of its way to put high level players vs low level players

I'm level 11, had a 6, 8, 12, and 18

Other team, 34, 42, 28, 16, 18, 22 (none of them were from the same clan, if they are a party, is there a reason, why lowbies are getting force fed to the higher up guys)

I mean shouldn't there at least be a cap, I mean you can segregate by 10 levels a piece
<10 will not get matched up with anyone 11+, so you scale up with-in a time frame

Not fun spawning, and a level 42 is wrecking you with an atomizer with ridiculous perks on top of the camping at your spawn point, while the other idiots think they are elite snipers camping the ones that get away

MrPliskin

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
Is there a reason the matchmaking goes out of its way to put high level players vs low level players

I'm level 11, had a 6, 8, 12, and 18

Other team, 34, 42, 28, 16, 18, 22 (none of them were from the same clan, if they are a party, is there a reason, why lowbies are getting force fed to the higher up guys)

I mean shouldn't there at least be a cap, I mean you can segregate by 10 levels a piece
<10 will not get matched up with anyone 11+, so you scale up with-in a time frame

Not fun spawning, and a level 42 is wrecking you with an atomizer with ridiculous perks on top of the camping at your spawn point, while the other idiots think they are elite snipers camping the ones that get away

A patch will be released that addresses these issues. The biggest recommendation I can make is to play with members on GAF. You'll absolutely never get camped, though you may end up doing some camping, unfortunately. Still, it's better to be a giver than a taker, right? :p

Global Resistance is getting bit tiresome now as I constantly have shitload of resources to spare. 5 minutes, 150 cp. Bombs, bunkers, Bunker busters. Troops. Upgrades. Everything

Loudninja

Rate of fire of the Rossmore will be decreased. Damage & status increase for Mutator alt. Reduction of range and chain bonus of Atmoizer #fb
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/116719297811841024

Yeah the range needed to be tone down that should help.

Effect

Ran into the Atomizer issue in my last game before I decided to throw in the towel on this multiplayer. Pure BS in the end. Many of these weapons are fun in the single player but simply shouldn't be there. They had the right idea about the auger being a berserk. However some of the other more powerful ones should have been kill streak rewards as well. Here's the thing though. The gameplay seems design with players moving around in groups or at least not going 100% solo like in CoD. However the weapons are such that they can kill groups of players easily with any skill at all at play. Which happens a lot because of how the maps are designed.

I think a zombies type mode as seen in Call of Duty: Black Ops would have been great for this game however. Especially if you could do it with a full team and just have waves after waves of Chimera coming at you. Maybe even throw in a Widowmaker or 2 that you have to work to take down. Now that would have been fun and the weapons wouldn't have been an issue since they aren't being used on other players.

I'd recommend listening to the recent IGN spoiler cast of Resistance 3 featuring Marcus Smith. Finally some important story details get answered such as..

- The planets in the sky are the Chimerian homeworld.
- The wormhole is definitely closed which has broken the hive mind control over all the Chimera.
- Even with what is shown in the credits the Chimera are still the dominant force on the planet.
- Rachel Parker has become a leading political figure in the British resistance.

Probably the biggest thing to take away from the whole podcast is the fact that R3 was left open so Insomniac can make a 4th game.

Stantron

The last patch helped marginally, but there is still a terrible amount of lag. If it's still not fixed by the time the first DLC hits, then I'm done with MP. I want to like it, but the lag and stuttering frame rate when getting killed is too annoying. I'm getting killed behind cover. I got killed once by an atomizer that didn't even show the blue effect. I get the jump on guys who are able to then turn around and kill me.

Melchiah

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'd recommend listening to the recent IGN spoiler cast of Resistance 3 featuring Marcus Smith. Finally some important story details get answered such as..

- The planets in the sky are the Chimerian homeworld.
- The wormhole is definitely closed which has broken the hive mind control over all the Chimera.
- Even with what is shown in the credits the Chimera are still the dominant force on the planet.
- Rachel Parker has become a leading political figure in the British resistance.

Probably the biggest thing to take away from the whole podcast is the fact that R3 was left open so Insomniac can make a 4th game.

Great to hear, although I still wish they had told/shown all of that in the game.

So, I only have the coop trophies left to get. Anyone here want to play coop with me sometime soon? My PSN ID is in my profile, and I usually play at night. My timezone is CST (US). :)

Melchiah said:
Great to hear, although I still wish they had told/shown all of that in the game.

From how it did sound to me, IG doesn't know yet where the franchise is going to go eventually and they admitted in the podcast that they didn't expect that people thought that everything ends with R3. Then again, saying stuff like "we can see handing the franchise to another developer" sure put the ending in a certain light.

I'd love to see them explore the story of the missing people from Hawaii (?) as mentioned in the cast. That could make for a pretty dark/scary entry and be used to broaden the backstory on the "true" Chimera probably.

RBK

Banned
lastinline said:
So, I only have the coop trophies left to get. Anyone here want to play coop with me sometime soon? My PSN ID is in my profile, and I usually play at night. My timezone is CST (US). :)
I'm willing to play co-op with you. Send me a friend request at RedBLOODEDKing.

Thanks.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loudninja said:
So how you guys like the weapon changes?I seen the shotgun fire slow, it helps, if they reduce the range than it would be perfect.
I wish I could check it out but I won't be home until Sunday. How's the Atomizer now? That thing pissed me off so much before.

Loudninja

RoboPlato said:
I wish I could check it out but I won't be home until Sunday. How's the Atomizer now? That thing pissed me off so much before.
I didn't really run into people using it, I did get kill by one but it was close range after that no more.

test_account

XP-39C²
I beat the single player yesterday and i'm pretty impressed with the quality of the game. The game felt variated and i was interested in the story. I also loved the view from the
train when you see all the widow makers running together
. I also never expected
Malikov to die, nor to see the game take a turn into the prison. I liked that unexpected stuff, although sad that Malikov had to die :(
. I also like that the weapon wheel is back (nice to carry so many weapons at ones) and that you could upgrade the weapons along the way.

The only thing i missed a bit is that we learned very little about what was on the other side of the wormhole.
Sure, we know that the wormhole is a portal to another world where pure chimera lives, but i was hoping to see more about what was on the other side. This is afterall how Resistance 2 ends, but still we learn little about it in Resistance 3.
But there is always the possibility for a Resistance 4 to learn more about this (hopefully) :)

Playing it for the second time with MOVE ( superhuman ) It is very difficult with the MOVE moving way too slow when zoomed in. I could finish the earlier levels, but when it's getting tougher it just becomes a real chore playing with MOVE.

Any word on fixing this with an update? I love to play with MOVE but this sometimes gets really frustrating :(

Loudninja

Steve McQueen said:
Playing it for the second time with MOVE ( superhuman ) It is very difficult with the MOVE moving way too slow when zoomed in. I could finish the earlier levels, but when it's getting tougher it just becomes a real chore playing with MOVE.

Any word on fixing this with an update? I love to play with MOVE but this sometimes gets really frustrating :(
Yes the fixed is already getting approved by Sony. It will allow you to freely aim while in ADS mode.

Cornbread78

just give me back my insta kill 40 on the carbine and there would be no need to tone down the Atomizer and Shotty... 1 shot multi-kills will fix that....

test_account

XP-39C²
Its been quite a while since i've played Resistance 2 multiplayer, but did people have just as much health in that game? In Resistance 3 it often feels that i need like 10 bullets to kill someone. I cant remember that it was exactly like this in Resistance 2.

Top Bottom