• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man MP Official Thread

Firewire

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I have to study so I might be missing a few GBs in the next couple of weeks rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

It was kind of weird playing last night without you around Kittonwy, it was pretty silent & no laughs, except for Aeon who is always laughing for some reason or another!

Firewire

Banned
CatLaughCopy.jpg

Someone call 911, Kittonwy has gone missing!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...
FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

FUCKING BARRELAMA BABEEEE!!!
RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Angelcurio

FredFish said:
Yeah the stats were pretty ugly. I was pretty shocked to see that Kitton and someone else had made it out of the base though near the end. No idea how they managed that.
Kitton and i were the ones that miracously managed to get out of the base. The game actually made us respawn out there for no apparent reason. We even managed to take down a couple of nodes, but as soon as i started to get excited and have hope, they simply finished shooting down what was left from out base.

Steroyd

Firewire why did you say Friday night and highlight Sunday. :lol
Oh noez we're in dissarray.

redgold-eye.gif

The kitton has gone missing... EXCELLENT!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...
SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

I wanna play ma fucking Camborne and Westmorland maps plz!1!!1!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST / 3am GMT

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST/ 3am GMT

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST / 3am GMT

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST / 3am GMT

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

Firewire

Banned
Steroyd said:
Firewire why did you say Friday night and highlight Sunday. :lol
Oh noez we're in dissarray.

I missed that! :lol

Zaraki_Kenpachi:
"firewire trying to setup to kittonwy's responsiblities"
It just isn't the same without kittonwy :(

Dude I'm not trying to take anyones place, someone needed to do it yesterday as Kittonwy was busy with other things I guess. Thankfully Steryod has stepped up to do it now!
PS: Its true though it just isn't the same without Kittonwy!

Aeon:Dude thanx for booting me and Queeg yesterday in that match! :(

"Dude I'm not trying to take anyones place, someone needed to do it yesterday as Kittonwy was busy with other things I guess. Thankfully Steryod has stepped up to do it now!
PS: Its true though it just isn't the same without Kittonwy!"

:lol I didn't mean it in a bad way I just meant kittonwy is gone and it was nice of you to step up and do the listing, so I just meant you took over his responsibilities in his absence was all. Well, that and its still not the same without him doing the listing but it's still good.:D

JB1981

Um .... the new Arc Charger is ridiculous :lol

the gun was fine for objective based games. now it is an unstoppable beast. nerf that shit back to its rightful place, please.

JB1981

god i love this patch

just went 40-9 - absolutely owning dudes. 4x4 in Camborne with both races is very strategic and very cool.

Firewire

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol I didn't mean it in a bad way I just meant kittonwy is gone and it was nice of you to step up and do the listing, so I just meant you took over his responsibilities in his absence was all. Well, that and its still not the same without him doing the listing but it's still good.:D

Sorry I miss understood you. Certainly feels weird playing in the clan without Kittonwy around, everything is to quiet like. Kinda sux!

Steroyd

LonelyCat.jpg

Hai guys wher'd all you go?
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...
SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

I gots to play my camborne now I want to play Westmorland, kthxbye!!

WESTMORLAND WESTMORLAND WESTMORLAND!!11!!1!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

Alright, it's been over a week and still no invite to the clan (I probably did something wrong).

Can someone just add me as a friend so I can get in on the matches?

My screen name is homerhendrix

Thanks!

Aeon712

Thanks to me taking off that Wednesday to play in the tourny I now have to work an overnight tonight so don't expect me on.

tanod

when is my burrito
homerhendrix said:
Alright, it's been over a week and still no invite to the clan (I probably did something wrong).

Can someone just add me as a friend so I can get in on the matches?

My screen name is homerhendrix

Thanks!

Did you PM kaching? Right now, the clan list is at the max capacity of 200.

Send Tanod, m3freak, kittonwy, efertlisdotcom, and aeon712 a buddy invite in RFOM.

tanod said:
Did you PM kaching? Right now, the clan list is at the max capacity of 200.

Send Tanod, m3freak, kittonwy, efertlisdotcom, and aeon712 a buddy invite in RFOM.

I did PM kaching, I'm just worried that maybe I didn't give him the correct info, but if the clan is at max capacity that explains it.

I sent buddy invites to everyone on that list but the kittonwy one did not work. Anyway, look forward to getting in some games, thanks for your help!

"I did PM kaching, I'm just worried that maybe I didn't give him the correct info, but if the clan is at max capacity that explains it.

I sent buddy invites to everyone on that list but the kittonwy one did not work. Anyway, look forward to getting in some games, thanks for your help!"

Ya, don't worry about kittonwy his list has been full for a while now. I'm sure we can get you in if you start playing regularly. I might be on tonight depends on homework and which game is on snf.

On another note what's game battle?

Firewire

Banned
homerhendrix said:
I did PM kaching, I'm just worried that maybe I didn't give him the correct info, but if the clan is at max capacity that explains it.

I sent buddy invites to everyone on that list but the kittonwy one did not work. Anyway, look forward to getting in some games, thanks for your help!

Just to let you know people usually start popping in to Resistance between
9:30-10:00PM EST. Although sometimes it could be a bit latter.

tanod

when is my burrito
I'll be on tonight and playing with a new skin. Single player is mah bitch. All skill points too. :D:D:D

Aeon712

Just got home from working my overnight(been up over 24hrs now thanks to Monsters). I missed 2clan nights in a row. There will be gamebattles tonight
angry.gif
. Beatbox I have to tell you about my latest Wawa trip and that darn machine :lol when I wake up so expect a psn message.

Firewire

Banned
Firewire said:
funny0434.jpg

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME RESISTANCE!
ITS TUESDAY GAME BATTLE DAY!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...
TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!
XXXX

For some reason, no matter how many times I try, I can't get on to MP. It tells me to download the latest patch and I select okay. It gets to 99% and then gives me an error code. That's it. Anyone have suggestions or know what's wrong? I tried 4 times.

And this will be my first patch. I don't have any Resistance data on my HD besides single player saves.

Steroyd

Yurup what the fuck is a yurup?

20918345_bde6fc2d5a_m.jpg

Oh I remember it's that continent that got yurOWNED on Turdsday Lolilol ROFLMAO
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...
FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

I wanna take down some yanks for pissing me off on Turdsday fear my Kill Death Ratio of .591
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

djkimothy

Depending on whether I have plans with some friends this saturday I may be on tomorrow and Sunday. It's been a while since I've played. COD4 has been taking much of my time this week and that may be my main MP game from now on.

Kittonwy

Banned
Shitaru my computer is dead. Needz to buy new one, managed to safe kittonz picture to external hard drive, teh kittonz live. I wuz on last night (highly distracted by my computer meltdown) but I won't make it tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
It's caturday ... so I'll be on!

For tonight, we dine in hell!

img_8669large.jpg
See you on the front lines, for the first time in ages I'm actually off on a Saturday so 9pm EST sharp I will be on.

Unless company comes over like they are planning, then my PS3 ill be being used by others

ChryZ

Dinner is ready! Go get some!!!1!11!one

1187080814665.jpg

Dog eat dog, GB eat GB!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...
CATURDAY NIGHT!!!exclamationmark

Glorious victories shall be served!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

my first game with neogaffers tonight, thanks to everybody for putting up with my crappy play. look forward to trying again soon (probably tomorrow night), hopefully though i can get my headset working. it was strange cause i could hear everyone talking over my headset but no one could hear me...weird

Hey guys, just wanted to say sorry i can't play, and I haven't been on. I have a fairly big CS project I'm working on and I need to get more of it done. I'll be on a little bit tomorrow for sure.

FredFish

Near the tail end of last night something was mentioned that I think should probably be brought up in this thread. We haven't been playing Objective matches much at all anymore. What do you all think needs to be done so that we can regain our competitive edge in those kinds of matches? I remember there was a strat guide on the clan's webpage but maybe someone can take the time and post a newer, updated one here? I miss the epic Breach matches :/

Angelcurio

True, i even mentioned it during last nights game battle. All we played yesterday were team deathmatch games and two custom games.

Top Bottom