• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod said:
I think our problem with meltdown right now is that we're thinking too hard.

Yeah I kinda have the same feeling. The "hold the node" (heh) strategy works damn well when it's executed and defended, and I like SleazyC's ideas there. But when things breaks down a bit there was some trouble recovering. In Meltdown the clock is always ticking. One of the things that hurt us bad was we'd lose a node near our base (thus losing the majority) and spend a lot of time trying to get it back. Meanwhile the power bar ate itself away. If we can't get a node back relatively quickly it's probably better to just count the losses and attack the enemy's nearest node in kind (and then defend that instead).

B-Ri

Greg said:
I would be using my original SOCOM headset if it didn't stop working on me. I can't hear from it, but I can talk...somewhat. I should save myself the money and just buy a cheap USB one.

I guess I can't complain, that headset lasted 5 years...

its all gregs faultfor myDM score >:O

tanod

when is my burrito
POST #6041?

I'm guessing people skipped over it because it looks like the clan post. It's not though. :)

I swear to God, nobody reads that thing. Maybe we can just have Wollan add it to page 1 and do a much smaller reminder.

SleazyC

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Yeah I kinda have the same feeling. The "hold the node" (heh) strategy works damn well when it's executed and defended, and I like SleazyC's ideas there. But when things breaks down a bit there was some trouble recovering. In Meltdown the clock is always ticking. One of the things that hurt us bad was we'd lose a node near our base (thus losing the majority) and spend a lot of time trying to get it back. Meanwhile the power bar ate itself away. If we can't get a node back relatively quickly it's probably better to just count the losses and attack the enemy's nearest node in kind (and then defend that instead).
We usually have good direction when something happens (like losing a node way behind us) but our execution is lacking. We need to say "SleazyC, Big-E, m3freak" you guys go back and get that node, or say "m3freak" go scout it out and see how many are back there. If we send one person to get a bead on how many are at that node they can run interference and we can accurately send a group to deal with it. We usually just say we need to get that node back and then we have either too little or too many people going. I think we really need to setup groups that respond to the loss of a node regardless of its position. That's why I think small roaming squads should come into play to be able to respond and slow down the acquisition of a node until a larger group can get there.

Greg

B-Ri said:
its all gregs faultfor myDM score >:O
Haha, sorry for that.

DM is the only thing I'm good at - prior to playing last night, I had absolutely no experience in the team objective games.

That first game of Meltdown blew my mind - people were scattering like they had some plan I didn't know about...I ran around like an ass. :lol

FightyF

Banned
The Jer said:
Wha????

I just got randomly dropped from the party. It was so odd.
I'm still signed on and I didn't recieve an error message or anything.

I'm not gonna give up though. I haven't hit up a Res clan night in over a week and I needs my fix.

I've had the same problems, only 5 times worse.

I just opened up some ports on my Router specifically for Resistance, we'll see if it helps tonight!

tanod

when is my burrito
YOUR MOM said:
Reposted for great justice:

Tonight is the end of the road. Kaching is dissolving the clan. After seeing how terrible we performed last night, I don't blame him.

He has taken all the links down for all the clan related stuff. See for yourselves

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6o_nUUSfsrgwcF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

If your a Noob or a hoser and you want to join my super awesome new clan called NEO-NEOGAF, follow these directions or if you can't read, which most of you can't have your mom read these to you.

TO JOIN:

1) Wrap your PS3 in a towel

2) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

3) LEAVE the NeoGAF clan.

4) PM kaching and tell him that he sucks

5) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

6) Post his response on this thread, except write it in all caps with additional, numerous and intentional grammatical and spelling errors. Make sure you quote him

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays Midnight thirty DSL

Wednesday at 9AM CAT

Sundays at 11PM PS3

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://kotaku.com/clangaf/

The login is "DLS", and the password is a twelve-letter word starting with "yourmom" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy and tell him what you want to do to his mom)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM and tell him how so not smart he is for not having thought of what you're about to tell him.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups. And to this, I only have one thing to say. STOP coming. SERIOUSLY. It's totally fun having 20 people on but 21 just ****ing ruins it. Matter of fact, donate your PS3 to your smashmyPS3.com and tell them that you want to watch them destroy it in front of you. Post pics

The Flying V tactic explained:

The "flying V" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and get grenaded and/or laarrked. Whoever came up with this is either stupid or ate paint as a child or both. I don't know but it works really well for boosting the egos of all the other clans.

It does not, despite its name, resemble a Mighty Ducks movie. There are neither preteen boys, a guy named Hans, Emilio Estevez or a team called the Hawks. Totally misleading and nonsensical but that's the way we like it.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a bullhorn. The mic support is still not up to par adn everybody is SO QUIET. So, since we have a hard time hearing you, please use said bullhorn or yell as loudly as possible into your mic on your headset. Remember, louder = better and there is no better way to coordinate a fluid and functioning team than your yelling at them at the top of your lungs. Pay no mind to your wife or gf who may give you dirty looks, they are just jealous that you don't talk to them that way.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by bitching loudly at whoever you talk to online even if they're not playing or own resistance. Everybody should know that some guy who you can't remember the user name of, except for that part that said TACO, totally whipped your ass in a completely fair way. Insomniac intentionally made the game that way. Real pros take advantage of the system, MATRIX-style.

If you have questions, please look into your pants. If you see anything, keep your trap shut and take it like a man. Suck it up.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please quote this post in every reply to this thread. Thanks

Happy April Fools day. See you tonight.

Greg

Big-E said:
Should be on in an hour. I've written over 2000 words today and still ain't done my paper.
I've written nothing since 10 this morning - it's going to be a loooooong night.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
There seems to be a way, Greg had the audio coming through his tv earlier when we played.

Holy shits, HE'S the one that caused the MASSIVE echo in last night's games. FOOKING ANOYING AS HELL. Please, for the love of GOD people, DO NOT DO THIS EVER AGAIN.

Greg

M3Freak said:
Holy shits, HE'S the one that caused the MASSIVE echo in last night's games. FOOKING ANOYING AS HELL. Please, for the love of GOD people, DO NOT DO THIS EVER AGAIN.
Nope, that wasn't me last night - me and Aeon played a few matches this morning when I set it up to play through the speakers.

Orlics

I just got the game, but it can't seem to find me any ranked games. I tried browsing the unranked games, but there are no games? Am I doing this right?

The Jer

M3Freak said:

It wasn't him. He had no mic, so it couldn't have been him. Relax. :)

FightyF

Banned
I missed last night...did you guys manage to play a huge GAF clan Assault?

Y'know, I was thinking to myself that once Warhawk and UT 2007 come out...it's quite possible I may not play Resistance online at all. There are some strengths of Resistance, some features that are not present in any other game, so maybe if Insomniac can sort of tweak the game to exemplify these...

Ie. When searching for a team ranked match, to be able to search for each type. Resistance's Breach, Meltdown, and Assault modes are "exclusive" features that no other game has. A game like UT 2007 could do Team Deathmatch better*...and so being able to jump into a mode you want, rather than be randomly assigned to one, is a good thing.

*I claim Team DM would be better in UT2007 because it's built for that purpose. Ie. players are easily identifiable whether they are in the dark or in the light, they are colourfully skinned so their respective team could be identified, whereas in Res there is an amount of realism that must be adhered to, and so you won't ever see an upgrade in the future that allows Chimeara to see team colours in Rage Mode.

I love FFA DM...it's awesome...but in Team DM I'm regularly frustrated by trying to ID the opposition, in multiple Team DM scenarios. It's not unplayable or completely broken by any means, like I said, I'm only making a comparison.

tanod

when is my burrito
Orlics said:
I just got the game, but it can't seem to find me any ranked games. I tried browsing the unranked games, but there are no games? Am I doing this right?

You don't browse the ranked games. It's in the first menu after you log into MP.

In the first menu, you can pick Ranked.

Orlics

Yeah, what I meant was when it scanned for ranked games, it couldn't find any, and when I tried the unranked games, there were none. ???

Angelcurio

I wont be online tonight, gotta get up early tomorrow, job duties :(

BTW, in commemoration of the holy week, we should play on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night :)

M3Freak

Banned
M3Freak said:

Holy shit, I was wrong. Stupid me forgot that no mic + no talk back = nothing.

Aeon712

Did you guys keep winning after I left last night or did I miss two epic meltdowns? And what game type were you all in that took forever(Guessing Breach). Good thing about waiting for you all was me winning a 40player Nottingham deathmatch:D

Also Beren did you break your copy of Resistance out of frustration last night:lol.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Did you guys keep winning after I left last night or did I miss two epic meltdowns? And what game type were you all in that took forever(Guessing Breach). Good thing about waiting for you all was me winning a 40player Nottingham deathmatch:D

Yeah, it was breach, and we lost. I think that was the game a few of us were arguing in, and that caused me to get upset.

Aeon712 said:
Also Beren did you break your copy of Resistance out of frustration last night:lol.

I have a sneaking suspicion he flogs himself when he's not happy with his play. That would mean after every match.

Beren - you're good dude, stop taking things to badly! We're concerned that you're going to snap your controller, the game, the PS3 and/or your t.v. That would be sad. Funny, but sad.

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:
Beren - you're good dude, stop taking things to badly! We're concerned that you're going to snap your controller, the game, the PS3 and/or your t.v. That would be sad. Funny, but sad.

I heard a rumor that if you break your controller, the gyroscopes will escape and throw the balance of the universe's magnetic field off to the point where the Earth will get sucked into the sun. So, be nice to your controllers.

Guys, read post #6058 on this page. I posted it on April Fool's. It should be good for a laugh or two, especially considering the last week or so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5970918&postcount=6058

I think I might take a break from the game for a week or so. I think some are starting to take this clan and strategy stuff a little too seriously, myself included. That and God of War 2 is complaining that I don't spend enough time with it.

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:
I heard a rumor that if you break your controller, the gyroscopes will escape and throw the balance of the universe's magnetic field off to the point where the Earth will get sucked into the sun. So, be nice to your controllers.

Guys, read post #6058 on this page. I posted it on April Fool's. It should be good for a laugh or two, especially considering the last week or so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5970918&postcount=6058

Read it. Laughed hard at most of it. Good stuff. I like your sense of humour.

tanod said:
I think I might take a break from the game for a week or so. I think some are starting to take this clan and strategy stuff a little too seriously, myself included. That and God of War 2 is complaining that I don't spend enough time with it.

I need a break too. But, I wonder if I can hold out - the game is still fun, even though the last few days we haven't been doing so well.

As for taking things seriously - I don't think that's really the case. The problem really over the last few days has been that we're just not listening well to each other. When we play really well, it's because we communicate well. People do what other's request, and it helps. When that doesn't happen, our game goes down the toilet.

I was mostly pissed last night because I was on defense on that LOOOOOONG breach game. So, with not much going on at the base, I left the map on my screen to see where everyone was (we were human). I figured everyone on X-Ray wouldn't have time to stare at the map - I wanted to help you guys co-ordinate your attack.

I could see 8 guys at one node, three at another, and a few more running all over the place. It looked like all the dots were newbs because the attack/node defense made no sense. All I was trying to do was to tell you guys where you should go. But, no one listened, only a couple replied, and the game got bogged down completely.

That was the most frustrating match ever with you guys because I haven't seen anything like it before. We usually listen to each other really, really well.

Later when I said "screw the strategy, you guys do what ever the hell you want", Remy said he would took over: no one objected. When in a match he asked someone to help him, the guy replied "No, I'm going blah blah". Remy just said "ok", but I could hear the confusion and "WTF" in his voice. I was even more pissed at that point.

We can't run around willy nilly anymore. Everyone is getting better at the game, so we need to communicate even better. When someone starts calling out what should be done, listen to the guy - don't fight it. Also, don't take instructions as meaning an attack on how you're personally playing - it's never meant that way. Remember: the damn map doesn't show your name above your dot, so the one calling strategy can't tell where you are.

We're not hardcore (thank you God). But, the fun and laughs we usually have are going to stop if we just lose matches we should be winning.

BTW: I chewed out B-Ri last night. Sorry about that, man.

tanod

when is my burrito
JS,

The game's gametype algorithm for ranked is totally ****ED!

Saturday afternoon, I played 6 FFA games in a row, all chimera vs. chimera.

Saturday night, we had one breach match and ~6-8 meltdowns in team obj.

Sunday night, exact opposite.

On Saturdays and Sundays, this is always (not hyperbole) the case. One game type one day, one the other.

Oh, btw, I thought there were new game types added. Boy, it would be nice if those actually existed in ranked play. It would give the game some more variety.

Thanks for fixing the after-game lag. Now, if you can just figure out why my tags stay attached to enemies after I kill them half of the time. Only happened since patch.

EDITED for civility.

Big-E

tanod said:
JS,

On Saturdays and Sundays, this is always (not hyperbole) the case. One game type one day, one the other.

Oh, btw, I thought there were new game types added. Boy, it would be nice if those actually existed in ranked play. It would give the game some more variety.

Thanks for fixing the after-game lag. Now, if you can just figure out why my tags stay attached to enemies after I kill them half of the time. Only happened since patch.

EDITED for civility.

I agree its getting frustrating. On Saturday it was especially bad since Grimsby was the only map we would get. Also JS if you can, can you please bring back the sniper reload sound?

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:
JS,

EDITED for civility.

Yeah, like, WTH?! For a while all we ever got was Somerset Meltdown and Somerset Team Deathmatch. Damn it, we've NEVER played a ranked Team Conversion game, and only one Assault game. The second one crashed hard with 50% of the people getting booted out.

Our recent suckage and frustration is being spurred by the totally messed up match making system. Playing the same shit over and over is getting on everyone's nerve.

I suspect the game is screwed and Insomniac isn't talking. It's probably taking them a while to figure out how to fix the problem and manage the E.U. and N.A. servers all at the same time.

I have another gripe: why do games no longer fill up? We don't get 40 vs 40 games much lately. Even 32 player matches are usually only 70% full.

tanod

when is my burrito
It's definitely been like this though since I started playing so this is a long brewing problem that isn't getting fixed.

The Jer

Big-E said:
I agree its getting frustrating. On Saturday it was especially bad since Grimsby was the only map we would get. Also JS if you can, can you please bring back the sniper reload sound?

The reload sound during a sinper scope is back!!!!
It was really bothering me before as well.

Also, I had assumed my tags "sticking" until I press the alt fire or after it timed out was a purposeful act. Perhaps not.

I haven't played either of the new gametypes, yet. :(
Granted, I haven't been on much lately.

If I was to guess, I'd say the gametype/map algorithm is heavily dependent upon the current number of players playing ranked games. It seems that 40p breach games are more likely during the weekends, particularly nights, and smaller conversion or small map games occur during the week, particularly in the morning.
It would be nice to recieve a liitle variety, particularly during high traffic times, when both smaller and larger games should be possible.
We do tend to get the same gametype/map combination for the majority of our games in a night.

So, I suppose this page is for complaining. ;)
I realize alot of this has been ongoing frustrations. One of the reasons I prefer this thread over places like MyRes (not that I dislike MyRes ;) ), is that MyRes seems to be filled with complaints about the game and complaints over techinical issues. This is typically good discussion about the game and there is other good discussion about the game, but it still feels like a place to voice complaints and problems more than anything and can, therefore, be a bit discouraging. I know that if people didn't care about the game, they wouldn't bother voicing their complaints and issues quite as much..... but.....you know..... something.
this thread is all I have!!!
Geez, I sound like a hippy; peace, love, and flowers ya'll.

Anyways, it's good to voice our complaints, it helps improve the game and allows us to get things of our chest. I just don't want the thread to turn into a whine-athon.
And I'm sure it won't. We ussually keep a "theme" for a few pages and then move on to something else.

edit: perhaps we are also keeping to a "theme" of wicked-long posts.

Big-E

The Jer said:
The reload sound during a sinper scope is back!!!!
It was really bothering me before as well.

It is? I had my speakers muted during the weekend so I guess that is a reason why I haven't been able to hear it.

B-Ri

i turned off my headset after hell was breaking loose, no one was listening and no one was taking a group proactive effort

patsu

I get a lot of variety for TDM... but perhaps Resistance can be modified slightly to _not_ repeat the last game type/map combo when generating random game. When did they say the new maps will come ?

tanod

when is my burrito
patsu said:
I get a lot of variety for TDM... but perhaps Resistance can be modified slightly to _not_ repeat the last game type/map combo when generating random game. When did they say the new maps will come ?

I don't have a problem with the variety in TDM either except that I've never seen a team conversion game.

May.

The Jer said:
One of the reasons I prefer this thread over places like MyRes (not that I dislike MyRes ;) ), is that MyRes seems to be filled with complaints about the game and complaints over techinical issues. This is typically good discussion about the game and there is other good discussion about the game, but it still feels like a place to voice complaints and problems more than anything and can, therefore, be a bit discouraging.

The fact that I am playing the game as much as I am is a testament to the game's overall quality and I've said as much in the past. So with that, my complaints are out there and I'm done bitching... for now. :)

Had another WOW moment last night. It was 40 player TDM in Nottingham and I swear that 35 out of 40 people were all in the same place at the same time. It was insane and way fun. NO LAG.

Those guys at Insomniac are network coding geniuses, despite the glitches.

Remy

M3Freak said:
I need a break too. But, I wonder if I can hold out - the game is still fun, even though the last few days we haven't been doing so well.

As for taking things seriously - I don't think that's really the case. The problem really over the last few days has been that we're just not listening well to each other. When we play really well, it's because we communicate well. People do what other's request, and it helps. When that doesn't happen, our game goes down the toilet.

I was mostly pissed last night because I was on defense on that LOOOOOONG breach game. So, with not much going on at the base, I left the map on my screen to see where everyone was (we were human). I figured everyone on X-Ray wouldn't have time to stare at the map - I wanted to help you guys co-ordinate your attack.

I could see 8 guys at one node, three at another, and a few more running all over the place. It looked like all the dots were newbs because the attack/node defense made no sense. All I was trying to do was to tell you guys where you should go. But, no one listened, only a couple replied, and the game got bogged down completely.

That was the most frustrating match ever with you guys because I haven't seen anything like it before. We usually listen to each other really, really well.

Later when I said "screw the strategy, you guys do what ever the hell you want", Remy said he would took over: no one objected. When in a match he asked someone to help him, the guy replied "No, I'm going blah blah". Remy just said "ok", but I could hear the confusion and "WTF" in his voice. I was even more pissed at that point.

We can't run around willy nilly anymore. Everyone is getting better at the game, so we need to communicate even better. When someone starts calling out what should be done, listen to the guy - don't fight it. Also, don't take instructions as meaning an attack on how you're personally playing - it's never meant that way. Remember: the damn map doesn't show your name above your dot, so the one calling strategy can't tell where you are.

We're not hardcore (thank you God). But, the fun and laughs we usually have are going to stop if we just lose matches we should be winning.

So, about all that.

I'm glad we're not ultra-hardcore, but it's hard to deny we're not competitive. We all like winning, we like taunting the other teams (with our absurdities), and we get pissed when we lose. (Hell, I was pissed that you guys lost that long Breach because I didn't want to be waiting 50 minutes only to hear it was a wasted effort.)

As far as the above incident goes - I was a little WTF, sure. Said player had just helped me cap a bunch of nodes and there was another one close by - and he'd rather hit the base. It's not the end of the world, though. I'm well aware by now that even when I'm sitting back watching the map, making calls out to all squads, doing whatever, people aren't going to listen to me. There are *always* people without headsets, and they're always going to do their own thing. All we can do is pre-plan strategy (on el blog-o) as much as possible so people know what's going on even if they can't hear me shouting.

We've played enough by now to know that you have to be proactive when playing Meltdown. Yes, node defense is critical - some maps more than others (center node on Grimsby) - but without offense, you're only ever going to maintain a slight edge.

We've played enough Breach by now to know that split offense/defense squads are a must; splitting the offense up into nodes and base detail is even better. You cannot consistently win Breach without getting nodes. I know it's fun to rush the base, and that capping nodes is "gay", but it's proved itself time and time again.

We haven't played enough Assault yet - but I have strategy outlined on the blog that I wish everyone would read and/or comment on so that the few times it does come up, people know how the game works and what they should be doing.

This isn't to say the strategies are immutable - there's always room to improvise. Hell, one of my favorite moments last night was that Grimsby Team DM we lost the second round of where in the closing moments, we all fell back to the bus area and just held ground. But the strategies should provide a general form, and we can be flexible within that form.

I've got a few more things to write up tonight, but I have to make one more plea.

People, check and/or fix your microphones. No one, unless you have some ****ing fantastic reason, should have the voice chat playing out of their regular speakers and continue to keep their mic open. Echo and feedback make voice chat unusable. Echo and feedback kill the team.

patsu

Now that you mentioned it... that's true. I checked the online screens. The blurb for Team Deathmatch only mentions Deathmatches (no Team Conversion). The blurb for Team Objective only talks about Breach, Meltdown, Assault and CTF.

tanod

when is my burrito
Remy said:
People, check and/or fix your microphones. No one, unless you have some ****ing fantastic reason, should have the voice chat playing out of their regular speakers and continue to keep their mic open. Echo and feedback make voice chat unusable. Echo and feedback kill the team.

For the love of Chewbacca, please do what this man says. Also, turn your shit (mic level) down to 1 or 2. Last night I was getting a headache.

M3Freak

Banned
Remy said:
So, about all that.

I'm glad we're not ultra-hardcore, but it's hard to deny we're not competitive. We all like winning, we like taunting the other teams (with our absurdities), and we get pissed when we lose. (Hell, I was pissed that you guys lost that long Breach because I didn't want to be waiting 50 minutes only to hear it was a wasted effort.)

As far as the above incident goes - I was a little WTF, sure. Said player had just helped me cap a bunch of nodes and there was another one close by - and he'd rather hit the base. It's not the end of the world, though.

That's been the problem the last few clan meet ups though - we're running around doing our own thing too much, and we're losing a lot. He shouldn't have run off - he should have helped you.

We can kiss winning Breach and Meltdown games goodbye if stop working together/co-operating. The time when we could split off from the main team to do our own thing is gone - there are too many good players and clans now.

Remy said:
We've played enough by now to know that you have to be proactive when playing Meltdown. Yes, node defense is critical - some maps more than others (center node on Grimsby) - but without offense, you're only ever going to maintain a slight edge.

We've played enough Breach by now to know that split offense/defense squads are a must; splitting the offense up into nodes and base detail is even better. You cannot consistently win Breach without getting nodes. I know it's fun to rush the base, and that capping nodes is "gay", but it's proved itself time and time again.

Meltdown's slightly altered strategy of holding only enough nodes to win the game has worked. But, I don't think we'd done it on a 40 player map until yesterday. We were having a hard time co-ordinating the offense/defense.

On 40 maps, we may need to start trying two squads For example, X-Ray attacks/defends two nodes, and Yankee attacks/defends two nodes. The 32 player map in Nottingham, only has 5 nodes (I think). There we've managed to work really well with one squad attacking/defending three nodes and leaving the other two alone.

Note: looks like we're going to need more specific strategies. That is, instead of a general idea of how to go about winning a match on all maps in Breach or Meltdown modes, we may need to develop very specific game plans for each game mode on each map. We're partly there already, I think. Needs more fleshing out.

Base rushing in Breach doesn't work well anymore. Everyone online has wizened up. We may be most responsible for that since rushing in the past has won us many games. It used to completely destroy just about every team we played against.

Tanod's multi squad strategy for Breach is awesome. I'm still amazed how well it works. It also proves my point that communication is the most important aspect of the game.

Remy said:
We haven't played enough Assault yet - but I have strategy outlined on the blog that I wish everyone would read and/or comment on so that the few times it does come up, people know how the game works and what they should be doing.

I read it. I didn't have any additional suggestions, so didn't post any comments.

Remy said:

Oh yes, please, whoever is using their speakers for voice chat and is using a mic, stop.

The only two players that have been consistenly loud have been Beren and B-Ri. Both of them said their mic volume is at 1 though, so the only other thing to do is to start talking much quieter. Oh wait, there's another option: if you can adjust your mic placement, try moving it a little further away from your mouth.

What mic's do you guys recomend? I have the game online and it's an amazing time.. but I really want to have voice chat.

I tried to hook up my old soccom one and it didn't work lol.

Any suggestions for a cheap, but adequate mic?

Kittonwy

Banned
B-Ri said:
i turned off my headset after hell was breaking loose, no one was listening and no one was taking a group proactive effort

grouphug.gif

Seriously though, I think it's just a simple matter of prioritizing nodes in breach and not freaking out so much. There isn't really a new set of strategy that needs to be figured out, every team uses the same strategy and it's only a matter of how well it's being executed.

To recap:

Somerset-

The top three nodes, delta-alpha-echo, are the only nodes people should concentrate on getting, the bottom two (bravo and charlie) must be ignored until those three are secured. Stop screwing around trying to get bravo and charlie when the offense needs help on the delta-alpha-echo route, and yes, bravo and charlie is a ****ing waste of time in a Somerset breach match, when the other team gets pounded hard in their base, they'll concede those nodes to you even though you probably won't be attacking through them.

The top node closest to base (either delta or echo) needs to be firmly secured because defense gets POUNDED hard if the opposition gets possession of it and it's very difficult to take back, AND the node has the arc charger, auger AND the laark, not securing the node and instead off rushing the enemy base is essentially screwing over the defense in a serious way. The defense needs to keep an eye on the closest top node to make sure that is secured, you defend echo or delta and NOT give up the node and have to deal with people coming up that hill rushing you with laark AND auger AND arc charger, there's a wall right there one can shoot the auger through and hit the reactor for massive damage without the need to get close to the reactor. Offense needs to drop the idea of "oh we have delta and can rush the base now, so what if we lose echo and the defense will get screwed? Let's rush the base!!!" mentality.

Nottingham-

Alpha, the middle node Bravo, always hold the node closest to base (either echo or delta), everything else is secondary. Alpha and the node closest to base are crucial because alpha has BOTH the auger and the laark and it's very hard on the defense, people rushing from alpha will pick up either or both AND the hedgehog grenade is right there along the way, very hard on the defense. Potshots from auger in the tunnel are VERY HARD TO DEFEND AGAINST, they don't even have to make it all the way in before firing auger shots and you have no way of blocking it, the defense working in the tunnel can get hit by auger shots fired from alpha and get picked off while trying to keep the tunnel clear, that's why alpha is crucial.

Defense needs to keep an eye on and make sure the closest node is secured.

Grimsby-

It's all about papa, everything goes through papa, there's no going around it.

Manchester-

It's all about kilo and lima, you cannot win without having them, period.

Sometimes the other team might ignore a node but it doesn't mean it's a good idea to leave the node you're attacking and going for the one they're giving you.

The reason you're getting the node is NOT because the other team is leaving it open, it's because if the other team has it, your defense is SCREWED CONSTANTLY, because 1) those nodes have the best ****ing weapons, 2) those nodes have the shortest distance separating them from your home base and it's easy to get overwhelmed, that's the same reason the offense goes after the corresponding nodes on the map.

It's GREAT that some people thought getting charlie in Nottingham is a good idea without having the node closest to your base secured, but you're spawning furthest from the enemy base, and you're getting hit from both echo and delta. The reason why you're taking charlie is because you've secured echo (if that's the closest one to your base) and you're trying to take delta when combined with the force from bravo.

There's a reason why the other team goes for certain nodes, because those are the nodes it takes to win the round, the offense can't just "give up" on a key node and go for "something easier". Oh and you don't rush the base until you're certain THE NODE YOU'RE SPAWNING FROM to attack the base is at least secured.

You don't need all the nodes to win a breach game, true, but if you have one node and you're facing sentry guns AND mines, and your defense is getting pounded because all the offense cares about is "rushing the base" and the closet node is taken by the other team, then it's time to rethink what the priority should be.

Clans are too smart to fall for the whole "mass rush" tactic, don't even try it, better yet, don't even suggest it.

These ARE the strategies that work, everybody should know them and stick to them, other clans sure as hell know them well nowadays.

Indifferent2.gif

patsu

You know what... how about some in-game gestures Insomniac ?
using SIXAXIS... for peoplen who don't have a mike (yet), or whose mike crapped out.

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
You know what... how about some in-game gestures Insomniac ?
using SIXAXIS... for peoplen who don't have a mike (yet), or whose mike crapped out.

You mean like someone saying "let's mass rush teh base!!!" and I can give that person the finger?
gladtomeetya.gif

careksims

Kittonwy said:
You mean like someone saying "let's mass rush teh base!!!" and I can give that person the finger?
gladtomeetya.gif

LOL! Those days of rushing the base are over.

That reminds me if anyone played Brothers in Arms series or seen WW2 stuff like Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan. They use those hand gestures to assault a spot or signal how many baddies there are.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Seriously though, I think it's just a simple matter of prioritizing nodes in breach and not freaking out so much. There isn't really a new set of strategy that needs to be figured out, every team uses the same strategy and it's only a matter of how well it's being executed.

To recap:

Somerset-

The top three nodes, delta-alpha-echo, are the only nodes people should concentrate on getting, the bottom two (bravo and charlie) must be ignored until those three are secured. Stop screwing around trying to get bravo and charlie when the offense needs help on the delta-alpha-echo route, and yes, bravo and charlie is a ****ing waste of time in a Somerset breach match, when the other team gets pounded hard in their base, they'll concede those nodes to you even though you probably won't be attacking through them.

The top node closest to base (either delta or echo) needs to be firmly secured because defense gets POUNDED hard if the opposition gets possession of it and it's very difficult to take back, AND the node has the arc charger, auger AND the laark, not securing the node and instead off rushing the enemy base is essentially screwing over the defense in a serious way. The defense needs to keep an eye on the closest top node to make sure that is secured, you defend echo or delta and NOT give up the node and have to deal with people coming up that hill rushing you with laark AND auger AND arc charger, there's a wall right there one can shoot the auger through and hit the reactor for massive damage without the need to get close to the reactor. Offense needs to drop the idea of "oh we have delta and can rush the base now, so what if we lose echo and the defense will get screwed? Let's rush the base!!!" mentality.

Nottingham-

Alpha, the middle node Bravo, always hold the node closest to base (either echo or delta), everything else is secondary. Alpha and the node closest to base are crucial because alpha has BOTH the auger and the laark and it's very hard on the defense, people rushing from alpha will pick up either or both AND the hedgehog grenade is right there along the way, very hard on the defense. Potshots from auger in the tunnel are VERY HARD TO DEFEND AGAINST, they don't even have to make it all the way in before firing auger shots and you have no way of blocking it, the defense working in the tunnel can get hit by auger shots fired from alpha and get picked off while trying to keep the tunnel clear, that's why alpha is crucial.

Defense needs to keep an eye on and make sure the closest node is secured.

Grimsby-

It's all about papa, everything goes through papa, there's no going around it.

Manchester-

It's all about kilo and lima, you cannot win without having them, period.

Sometimes the other team might ignore a node but it doesn't mean it's a good idea to leave the node you're attacking and going for the one they're giving you.

The reason you're getting the node is NOT because the other team is leaving it open, it's because if the other team has it, your defense is SCREWED CONSTANTLY, because 1) those nodes have the best ****ing weapons, 2) those nodes have the shortest distance separating them from your home base and it's easy to get overwhelmed, that's the same reason the offense goes after the corresponding nodes on the map.

It's GREAT that some people thought getting charlie in Nottingham is a good idea without having the node closest to your base secured, but you're spawning furthest from the enemy base, and you're getting hit from both echo and delta. The reason why you're taking charlie is because you've secured echo (if that's the closest one to your base) and you're trying to take delta when combined with the force from bravo.

There's a reason why the other team goes for certain nodes, because those are the nodes it takes to win the round, the offense can't just "give up" on a key node and go for "something easier". Oh and you don't rush the base until you're certain THE NODE YOU'RE SPAWNING FROM to attack the base is at least secured.

You don't need all the nodes to win a breach game, true, but if you have one node and you're facing sentry guns AND mines, and your defense is getting pounded because all the offense cares about is "rushing the base" and the closet node is taken by the other team, then it's time to rethink what the priority should be.

Clans are too smart to fall for the whole "mass rush" tactic, don't even try it, better yet, don't even suggest it.

These ARE the strategies that work, everybody should know them and stick to them, other clans sure as hell know them well nowadays.

Best. Post. Ever.

That is seriously everything that has been going through my head for the last couple of weeks. You said everything I wanted to and made it very, very clear.

Remy - fire this up on your blog, embelish it, whatever. We need this rammed through our heads.

We play as a clan with the same game plan, not as individuals. NeoGAF Boogaloo FTW.

Top Bottom