• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
In the spirit of this,
grouphug.gif
, I agree with everything you've said, Kittonwy.

Except for this:
Kittonwy said:
Clans are too smart to fall for the whole "mass rush" tactic, don't even try it, better yet, don't even suggest it.

There is one and only one reason to use this tactic now that most teams have gotten organized. If the matchmaking screws up and we have a 4-man advantage or more, it is a waste of our gaming time to do anything other than this in Breach.

Don't take nodes. Stay away from them or members of the other team. Run by unnoticed if possible. Take the most direct route to their base and gather a group of at least 5 people before going in.

EDIT: That was the only reason I was saying it last night but somehow my reasoning got lost in the chatter of STFU.

KITTONWY, Clear your PMs. I want to shower you with praise. :)

M3Freak

Banned
patsu said:
You know what... how about some in-game gestures Insomniac ?
using SIXAXIS... for peoplen who don't have a mike (yet), or whose mike crapped out.

Holy shits man - that's brilliant.

I go nuts sometimes wishing I could gesture to someone without a headset, or even when I don't feel like talking. Or, when there's so much shit going on, my voice gets lost in the chaos. Gestures would get through all of that.

The Sixaxis would work brilliantly well for that. Brilliantly well.

Let's see...

1. Wave hello: move controller gently left and right.
2. Point left: tilt left.
3. Point right: tilt right.
4. Point ahead: tilt forward.
5. Put up hand indicating "stop": tilt back
6. Point down: move controler down.
7. Point up: move controler up.

That's all I got. Anyway, this would be a rocking feature.

B-Ri

theres entirely too much of a freak out when theyre attacking base, and everyone goes to defend it. We lose EVERY node. Thats where we have to take advantage of their assault on us to take 1 or more nodes, they equal more defences at our base, and also them seeing themselves losing nodes = them backing off. Thats when we can do our own full on assault on them.

M3Freak

Banned
B-Ri said:
theres entirely too much of a freak out when theyre attacking base, and everyone goes to defend it. We lose EVERY node.

A good way to stop that:

1. Wait for people on defence to ask for help, or ask them if they need assisstance before rushing back to base.
2. When defence asks for help, specifically state how many people you want coming back to base.

That should greatly reduce or even stop the freak outs.

We could still lose, but at least the squads out in the field won't immediately abandon their positions to help base defence.

I'm posting too much - yikes. Got to take a breater...

Aeon712

YaY finally done reading all the walls of text since the last time work allowed me on. Two things I'd like to rant about that make me complain is at the start of meltdown everyone wants to get a capture on the first node then wonder why the other team reaches the other nodes so fast(like duh you stop sprinting when you start shooting as a human) we all get the same experience as a team so it doesnt matter how many captures you have so ignore the first freaking node if you arent planning to stay there. Other thing is base defense standing too close to the node on Breach, you have to kill them before they reach the node since they aren't aiming for you.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
YaY finally done reading all the walls of text since the last time work allowed me on. Two things I'd like to rant about that make me complain is at the start of meltdown everyone wants to get a capture on the first node then wonder why the other team reaches the other nodes so fast(like duh you stop sprinting when you start shooting as a human) we all get the same experience as a team so it doesnt matter how many captures you have so ignore the first freaking node if you arent planning to stay there. Other thing is base defense standing too close to the node on Breach, you have to kill them before they reach the node since they aren't aiming for you.

Yeah I usually suggest that in game but it needs to be second nature. At least the first four people out of the spawn point on every meltdown level need to run past the first node. Then we only need the next 2 or 3 people max to take out the first node.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
YaY finally done reading all the walls of text since the last time work allowed me on. Two things I'd like to rant about that make me complain is at the start of meltdown everyone wants to get a capture on the first node then wonder why the other team reaches the other nodes so fast(like duh you stop sprinting when you start shooting as a human) we all get the same experience as a team so it doesnt matter how many captures you have so ignore the first freaking node if you arent planning to stay there.

That never used to bother me, but it does now. 85% of the clan will hit the first node - WTF?! The first nodes needs 2 people to capture it and then hold it, that's it. Everyone else must span out and capture/defend the other nodes. It's an absolute must.

I've recently started saying "we only need two guys for the first node, everyone else go to the other ones", but the majority of the clan won't listen.

This stupid behaviour is the sole reason why we have such a freaking hard time capturing Lima and Kilo on Manchester. If everyone (but the two guys back at the first node) went straight for Lima and Kilo, we woud have a much better chance of capturing and holding them.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think some of the less experienced people on our clan are doing this in Meltdown. The guys with higher ranks almost always completely avoid the first node and run straight for the more important ones. I know I do, unless I have to go through that room, like in Grimsby.

Note: not sure if I got the map names mixed up...

Aeon712 said:
Other thing is base defense standing too close to the node on Breach, you have to kill them before they reach the node since they aren't aiming for you.

I was guilty of that in the past, until you chewed us all out one game (I think we lost the round). Then I figured I didn't want Aeon to fly to my house and beat me with a bat, so I listened to him.

Anyway, my reasoning before was that there are people in the tunnels already, so I hang back just in case someone slips through. But, killing them in the tunnels before they can get close to the reactor is a much, much better strategy - we don't want the enemy getting in, so choke them in the tunnels.

We should only be in the reactor room if we need more ammo, or if the other team has managed to get people inside.

The Jer

Kittonwy said:
grouphug.gif

Seriously though, I think it's just a simple matter of prioritizing nodes in breach and not freaking out so much. There isn't really a new set of strategy that needs to be figured out, every team uses the same strategy and it's only a matter of how well it's being executed.

To recap:

Somerset-

The top three nodes, delta-alpha-echo, are the only nodes people should concentrate on getting, the bottom two (bravo and charlie) must be ignored until those three are secured. Stop screwing around trying to get bravo and charlie when the offense needs help on the delta-alpha-echo route, and yes, bravo and charlie is a ****ing waste of time in a Somerset breach match, when the other team gets pounded hard in their base, they'll concede those nodes to you even though you probably won't be attacking through them.

The top node closest to base (either delta or echo) needs to be firmly secured because defense gets POUNDED hard if the opposition gets possession of it and it's very difficult to take back, AND the node has the arc charger, auger AND the laark, not securing the node and instead off rushing the enemy base is essentially screwing over the defense in a serious way. The defense needs to keep an eye on the closest top node to make sure that is secured, you defend echo or delta and NOT give up the node and have to deal with people coming up that hill rushing you with laark AND auger AND arc charger, there's a wall right there one can shoot the auger through and hit the reactor for massive damage without the need to get close to the reactor. Offense needs to drop the idea of "oh we have delta and can rush the base now, so what if we lose echo and the defense will get screwed? Let's rush the base!!!" mentality.

Nottingham-

Alpha, the middle node Bravo, always hold the node closest to base (either echo or delta), everything else is secondary. Alpha and the node closest to base are crucial because alpha has BOTH the auger and the laark and it's very hard on the defense, people rushing from alpha will pick up either or both AND the hedgehog grenade is right there along the way, very hard on the defense. Potshots from auger in the tunnel are VERY HARD TO DEFEND AGAINST, they don't even have to make it all the way in before firing auger shots and you have no way of blocking it, the defense working in the tunnel can get hit by auger shots fired from alpha and get picked off while trying to keep the tunnel clear, that's why alpha is crucial.

Defense needs to keep an eye on and make sure the closest node is secured.

Grimsby-

It's all about papa, everything goes through papa, there's no going around it.

Manchester-

It's all about kilo and lima, you cannot win without having them, period.

Sometimes the other team might ignore a node but it doesn't mean it's a good idea to leave the node you're attacking and going for the one they're giving you.

The reason you're getting the node is NOT because the other team is leaving it open, it's because if the other team has it, your defense is SCREWED CONSTANTLY, because 1) those nodes have the best ****ing weapons, 2) those nodes have the shortest distance separating them from your home base and it's easy to get overwhelmed, that's the same reason the offense goes after the corresponding nodes on the map.

It's GREAT that some people thought getting charlie in Nottingham is a good idea without having the node closest to your base secured, but you're spawning furthest from the enemy base, and you're getting hit from both echo and delta. The reason why you're taking charlie is because you've secured echo (if that's the closest one to your base) and you're trying to take delta when combined with the force from bravo.

There's a reason why the other team goes for certain nodes, because those are the nodes it takes to win the round, the offense can't just "give up" on a key node and go for "something easier". Oh and you don't rush the base until you're certain THE NODE YOU'RE SPAWNING FROM to attack the base is at least secured.

You don't need all the nodes to win a breach game, true, but if you have one node and you're facing sentry guns AND mines, and your defense is getting pounded because all the offense cares about is "rushing the base" and the closet node is taken by the other team, then it's time to rethink what the priority should be.

Clans are too smart to fall for the whole "mass rush" tactic, don't even try it, better yet, don't even suggest it.

These ARE the strategies that work, everybody should know them and stick to them, other clans sure as hell know them well nowadays.

Indifferent2.gif

I very much agree with everything I see here (except the bolded part), so I'm not going to go over every little detail and say why I agree with it, since I'd be repeating you........

Now the bolded part. Yes, I know I'm "even suggesting it" and I know you hate it.
"Rushing" the base does work when we actually do it and we don't get distracted.

When it hasn't worked:
- there have been people who didn't rush the base / people left the rush
- people took a "high traffic route" to the base

In order for it to work a few things must happen:
- Everyone must rush. In order for this to happen, everyone on the team must be [GAF] and everyone must be able to hear mic chatter. EVERYONE. If one person on the team is not from GAF, we don't do it. We need full involvement.
- No one takes a "high traffic" route and we run past any who may try to kill us or kill them on the fly (chimera). Do not stop. Do not run past popular nodes, because you will be killed/stopped by the other team. Take the fastest route possible.
- If need be, we spawn on squad. This way we spawn at their base.
-Focus on doing the most damage to the reactor NOT on killing enemy units
- We ONLY rush the first round.

When 20 rush into the reactor right at the start, the reactor is going to take damage fast. By the time the enemy takes notice it is already too late. If we don't kill the enemy, it makes it much harder for the enemy to return to the reactor to defend it. They must take notice and either realize they must find some way to suicide or take the time to run all the way back to base. There is ussually a few on defense; however, even five on defense is no match for 20 taking constant fire on the reactor. They have no way to kill everyone on time. In addition, the handfull who have time to time will be able to respawn on squad keep shooting, if there is still time. The only way the enemy can adequately defend against this is to have several units in the base, on defense. But, it'd be rather dumb to just leave an excess of five units (over 1/4 of the team) at the reactor. This is why it only works the first round. The second round they are, reactively and intellegently, prepared for another rush. This is a perfect time to split up into groups and take every nodel; since the nodes should be more open and have less enemy units aggressively attacking them. We should easily be able to take all five nodes the second round. And then, well, we know what to do next.

I dont' think we see it alot since alot of the teams we play aren't quickly able to organize 20 people to do something like that. I don't foresee us in many more situations were we would be able to use this strategy, as having all GAF on a team, with everyone listening to mic chatter, in a breach game.
And if you guys hate it, then I wouldn't want to use it. And I know it really pisses Kittonwy off. And I don't want to do something thats going to frustrate someone. But, I still had alot of fun with it, when everyone co-operated.

There are alot of great ideas right there kittonWY. It really seems like we have done well for awhile as we were, but we are having lots of problems in the last few weeks. The only real issue i've had is 5-6 people constantly yelling, "THEY'RE GETTING {nodex}!!' Or "GO TO [Nodex]" as soon as one enemy shoots a node a little. It gets very confusing, expecially to anyone who is newer to the game.
I've always wondered is we shouldn't have 2-3 squads, maybe each assigned to cover only a 2-3 node area. I really think if we tightened up people's movement (ei not having them run all the way across the board alone only to get mowed down), we would have more success. We need to stick together in small groups, it never seems like i run into just one enemy on objective games.

The Jer: as per what you said I CLOULD NOT AGREE MORE. Its a terrible idea to run into the base tunnel only to stop and have a long gun battle. I can't tell you how many times I've damaged their core just by running past them.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
I was guilty of that in the past, until you chewed us all out one game (I think we lost the round). Then I figured I didn't want Aeon to fly to my house and beat me with a bat, so I listened to him.

Anyway, my reasoning before was that there are people in the tunnels already, so I hang back just in case someone slips through. But, killing them in the tunnels before they can get close to the reactor is a much, much better strategy - we don't want the enemy getting in, so choke them in the tunnels.

We should only be in the reactor room if we need more ammo, or if the other team has managed to get people inside.

I think for Nottingham, it's almost better to have a few people stationed near echo (or correspondly, delta if we're starting from the other end) if you're base-defense and just catch people going for the tunnel entrance, not that you can't have one or two people inside the base just in case. In a way if echo is firmly secured, it's alot less pressure on the defense since people aren't spawning from there. I'll say that from personal experience, I NEVER go up to the actual base node in Nottingham breach unless I don't have an auger, because I can simply stay in the tunnel, line up my auger shot and empty three clips into the reactor through the tunnel wall and take a quarter of the bar down.

The same thing with Somerset breach, I pick up my auger at echo and get up the hill, and aim at that wall while not exposing myself too much, once I line up my shot, it's 20-25% of the reactor bar gone.

In Grimsby, same thing, there are actually only two routes into the base, either the north route or the west route, and both are squeeze points that can be defended (and if you die, it takes at least five seconds for them to reach the base, giving you time to spawn just in time to catch them), after those two points there are multiple points you'll have to defend, and if you're sitting inside the base, that's six doors you have to watch.

Manchester is a little tough because of the underground routes and the proximity of kilo/lima, which makes those two nodes so much more important.

Kittonwy's Suicide Bomba in Grimsby strategy:

Starting from papa pick up two hedgehogs, sneak north (instead of east and having to go through a corridor that can be occupied by guards), sneak all the way to the end, turn left, approach the base (QUIETLY!!!11!!!) from the back door (where people normally go when you're spawning from home at the beginning from the round), immediately you'll realize that you're facing the opening of the base node at an angle (which means that anything you throw will be wedged in the node and not go through to the other side of the room), throw the first hedgehog at the open base, and throw your second if you survive long enough, watch a quarter of that bar go down.

Positioning a bit further out in terms of defense really help guard against crap like that, because by the time someone sees me appearing at that door, it's already too late, one of the hedgehogs would be wedged in that base node.

Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
I have to say though that I'm no expert at this game, I die alot and the stuff I said are just things that I've found that have worked well for me. I hope people don't think I'm some kind of meanie trying to tell other people what to do.
angry.gif

I really enjoy playing with the clan and this is the most fun I've had with a multiplayer online shooter ever.
gladtomeetya.gif

Beatbox

Kittonwy said:
Starting from papa pick up two hedgehogs, sneak north (instead of east and having to go through a corridor that can be occupied by guards), sneak all the way to the end, turn left, approach the base (QUIETLY!!!11!!!) from the back door (where people normally go when you're spawning from home at the beginning from the round), immediately you'll realize that you're facing the opening of the base node at an angle (which means that anything you throw will be wedged in the node and not go through to the other side of the room), throw the first hedgehog at the open base, and throw your second if you survive long enough, watch a quarter of that bar go down.

That's exactly how I finished off 1/4 of the Breach node there last night. Came in that entrance and threw one gernade in and two hedgehogs.

Aeon712

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
What an overated game. Played it for the first time today, and not only does it look like dog-shit, but it plays like something between Timesplitters and Red Faction. I was expecting so much more.
What the hell happened? Am I completely alone in thinking this?
This post makes me cry
16x16smileysadgi9.gif
(Sorry Kitten had to jack you)

What exactly didn't you like about it? Did you play the demo or the full game? I've never played the demo since I bought the game along with my system but the demo seems to turn people off for some reason.
Did you actually play it or did you feel the need to bad mouth its awesomeness

Beatbox

What an overated game. Played it for the first time today, and not only does it look like dog-shit, but it plays like something between Timesplitters and Red Faction. I was expecting so much more.

:lol Yes, you are very alone.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

you're completely alone...I played the demo and it gives you a great idea of how the FULL game will be. I don't know how you can not like it. I know people who complained and loved the game when they got further on.

Core407

Banned

Play it online for like 20 matches and see if it does anything for you. I thought it was a bit frustrating, but once you get a hang of the weapons and their alternative firing modes, you'll be set.

J-Rzez

Yeah... you're pretty much alone on that one... well, you do have company... like the x360 and wii people...

I played the full game actually. I'm not one of those Sony bashers either, a lot of my favorite games of last gen were on PS2, I just found Resistance to be completely un-inspired. From what I played, the levels were boring, the weapons were rubbish, and the graphics were decidely 'xbox-ish'. My friend saw a trailer for it in the cinema and genuinely thought it was coming out on PS2.
Also, the monsters looked retarded.
So whats so good about it?

nothing, trade it in and forget you ever played it... If you can't see what's good about it, then you're a lost cause... It's the measuring stick for online console games at this moment... the graphics dont look like dog shit, nor like the PS2... You don't like the chimera and stuff's art, too bad... The sound is the best I've heard so far in a console game... the gameplay is top notch... The fact that it's a rock-solid framerate with some wideopen environments with tons of enemies/fellow soldiers all shooting at the same time with mortors going everywhere is impressive... I'm not getting anymore into it...

patsu

I played the full game actually. I'm not one of those Sony bashers either, a lot of my favorite games of last gen were on PS2, I just found Resistance to be completely un-inspired. From what I played, the levels were boring, the weapons were rubbish, and the graphics were decidely 'xbox-ish'. My friend saw a trailer for it in the cinema and genuinely thought it was coming out on PS2.

What difficulty level did you play it on ?

Beatbox

J-Rzez said:
Yeah... you're pretty much alone on that one... well, you do have company... like the x360 and wii people...

I was browsing the leaderboards last night and saw you were hanging onto that 500th k/d ratio rank. Nice! Go kill some more people without dying!

Lain

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but saying it looks like dog-shit? I really can't understand that. Unless we live in a bizarro world where dog-shit means "teh awesome!".

I have a complaint about MP tho.
It's getting annoying to get 16 players maps when there's 3 players per team (especially because they end dropping...).
Maybe it's because of the times i sometimes play at (I guess euro PS3 owners aren't "vampires" like me) but still.... I only like the team games as i suck at DM and 3vs3 or 4vs4 in 16players maps is annoying (I think once it was 6vs6 in a 32 players map.... boring).

J-Rzez

Beatbox said:
I was browsing the leaderboards last night and saw you were hanging onto that 500th k/d ratio rank. Nice! Go kill some more people without dying!

:lol ... well, I gotta get back into it... Oblivion and my car has been taking up my free time as well as the woman...

Big-E

Beatbox said:

In reality he is ranked a lot better. A lot of the highest ratios are guys who have played less than 100 games.

Foil

Visually it's nothing special, but the game can be a lot of fun online. Characters look great, but it's the environments that need some work/effects. After playing this game for the past few days I'd say it's an 8/10. Lots of room to improve, but a pretty solid shooter for a console launch. The game isn't dog-shit imo.

God I hate hyperbole bullshit cause I don't know what the hell kind of PS2 or Xbox you and your friend had that I didn't.

Kolgar

*pictures*

Holy BAWLS, man! OK, I have to admit, I played more of the single-player game yesterday and put it away thinking it was getting boring, but now I see there's a lot to look forward to.

Those images are AWESOME!

Agent X

Kittonwy said:
I have to say though that I'm no expert at this game, I die alot and the stuff I said are just things that I've found that have worked well for me. I hope people don't think I'm some kind of meanie trying to tell other people what to do.
angry.gif

No, I think it's great! Keep sharing those strategies!

Kittonwy said:
I really enjoy playing with the clan and this is the most fun I've had with a multiplayer online shooter ever.
gladtomeetya.gif

I agree, I have a lot of fun playing along with so many of the other forum members here.

patsu

My personal favorite is the part where I need to hop from pipes to pipes. It's not difficult, but I enjoyed it.

Aeon712

patsu said:
My personal favorite is the part where I need to hop from pipes to pipes. It's not difficult, but I enjoyed it.
agreed though when they started sniping with bullseyes it gave me some trouble

Superhuman is really kicking my butt, I finally made it to
the conversion factoryand even the menials are tougher they actually throw the battery things at you wasn't expecting that

Greg

Is anyone going to be on late tonight? After the Ohio/Florida game there is a possibility I jump on for a few rounds...

Beatbox

Big-E said:
In reality he is ranked a lot better. A lot of the highest ratios are guys who have played less than 100 games.

Yeah that's the only downside to that specific ranking. They should add a minimum games filter and slowly increase it as time progresses.

Aeon712 said:
agreed though when they started sniping with bullseyes it gave me some trouble

the conversion factoryand even the menials are tougher they actually throw the battery things at you wasn't expecting that
I was plowing thru superhuman mode fairly easily until i got to london. Then for some reason, it takes me nearly a MONTH to get to the first save point in the mall. I have no idea why but in my hundreds of attempts I could NOT stay the **** alive. I finally got past it last week and managed to blast thru the rest of the game. Finally got my skull : )

M3Freak

Banned

You're probably not alone with that opinion, but it's certainly very odd.

R:FoM definitely does not look like dog shit. My jaw was hitting the floor the last 25% of the game. The last level left me speechless - it was awesome.

Online multiplayer is even better. Do you know what a 40 man deathmatch is like? Have you played the Rooftops level? The Mall? If it's no to all of those, then you're opinion of the game is premature - you haven't experienced the full game.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:

I just started Hard today. So far it's not hard. I'm loving it though because I know what to expect, and I'm looking forward to playing with all of the new weapons.

BTW, the
Reaper is hard to use. I'm still not used to targetting to enemies and firing at both. I also wish it didn't run out of ammo so soon!

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I just started Hard today. So far it's not hard. I'm loving it though because I know what to expect, and I'm looking forward to playing with all of the new weapons.

BTW, the
Reaper is hard to use. I'm still not used to targetting to enemies and firing at both. I also wish it didn't run out of ammo so soon!
I seriously don't like the reapers or any of the extra guns except for the
Backlash Granade
But I must beat Super Human to get my special ops skin.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
I seriously don't like the reapers or any of the extra guns except for the
Backlash Granade
But I must beat Super Human to get my special ops skin.

The special ops skin is awesome.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

The screens posted above look like a different game from the one I played yesterday. Those pictures genuinely look great, but the first impression I got from the levels I played had none of that quality.

I play a lot of online multiplayer, but I'm not a fan of huge 40 player battles. I'm much more into personal 4 vs 4 or 2 vs 2 games, and from what I played of Resistances' multiplayer I don't think it is good enough to satisfy my multi needs. I have Halo 2 for that.

Ok... you only played some of the earlier levels (and in default difficulty ?).
If so, you have not played Resistance: Fall of Men yet.

Resistance's clans build game strategies and a good online community too.

M3Freak

Banned
The screens posted above look like a different game from the one I played yesterday. Those pictures genuinely look great, but the first impression I got from the levels I played had none of that quality.

That's what everyone says after they play further into the game.

I play a lot of online multiplayer, but I'm not a fan of huge 40 player battles. I'm much more into personal 4 vs 4 or 2 vs 2 games, and from what I played of Resistances' multiplayer I don't think it is good enough to satisfy my multi needs. I have Halo 2 for that.

That sounds as if you haven't played R:FoM online yet, let alone the massive 20 vs 20 Team Deathmatch games, or even Free For All 40 player deathmatch games. Like I said, if you haven't experienced this, you have no idea what you're talking about. Of course, this speaks nothing of Breach, Meltdown and Assault modes. All of this are playable as 20 vs 20, too.

I've played Halo 1 and 2 multiplayer, but not online, so I can't compare. But, based on what just about everyone that has played Resistance online says, it is the best online multiplayer FPS right now.

One last thing: even with 40 player games, slow down is next to non-existant. The only time I have ever seen the game slow down a little bit is when there are 30+ people on screen, all of whom are chucking grenades, air fuels, and shooting like there's no tomorrow. The slow down is brief and slight, but it does happen once in a blue moon. Other than that, 40 player games feel as if they're being played on a LAN - you can't tell the difference!

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I said last clan night that I may not play today. Who am I kidding? Let's get it oooonnnnn!!!
That's just like me and my no more Sundays, I almost stayed away Sunday till I realized I hadn't washed clothes. And of course when you wash clothes you have to stay up to put them in the dryer. What better way to waste an hr of waiting then on Resistance.

M3Freak said:
or even Free For All 40 player deathmatch games.
I would like to take this chance to point out that I won the first 40player free for all I've ever been in :D.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
best4ch9.jpg

Looking at this picture reminds me again why I find this campaign so overrated. That big enemy is a total bullet sponge that has no animation reaction to anything you toss at it.

What should have been an intense and interesting encounter against the first major non-hybrid type turns out to be a really dull spam and strafe affair...actually the whole game is pretty much just that. :/

Brandon F said:
best4ch9.jpg

Looking at this picture reminds me again why I find this campaign so overrated. That big enemy is a total bullet sponge that has no animation reaction to anything you toss at it.

What should have been an intense and interesting encounter against the first major non-hybrid type turns out to be a really dull spam and strafe affair...actually the whole game is pretty much just that. :/

Small fire he doesn't react too, mosquito bites. Large damage such as rockets or grenades he strongly reacts to, maybe you should play it again.

M3Freak

Banned
Brandon F said:
best4ch9.jpg

Don't come into this thread and start hating on the game - start a new thread, you bum.

If you had any clue about the campaign, you would know that that type of Chimera has extermely thick skin - it's basically armour. How do you want the thing to react when it's hit with basic gun fire? Did you try shooting it with more than just the Carbine?

I recall that fight being quite intense. The Chimera would immediately turn around and either shoot me or if I was too close, swipe me away with his hand as soon as I shot him.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Well it's just a few levels into the game, and I recall only having the Auger, Bullseye, and the M1-type default gun. All do considerably piss poor damage output. Probably right on 'nades though.

SpokkX

best3lt6.jpg

I loved the campaign. Only played on medium but this is definately up there with the best FPS ever. A mix of Halo, Timesplitters, Half Life and Call of Duty. Much stolen but so well put together.

Tried multi the other night and it was also fun, maybe not Halo 2 class but then again what is? Better than every other online console fps I tried besides Halo.

M3Freak

Banned
SpokkX said:
best3lt6.jpg

I loved the campaign. Only played on medium but this is definately up there with the best FPS ever. A mix of Halo, Timesplitters, Half Life and Call of Duty. Much stolen but so well put together.

Tried multi the other night and it was also fun, maybe not Halo 2 class but then again what is? Better than every other online console fps I tried besides Halo.

Play the game online for a couple of weeks. Play with the GAF clan several times.

Update your opinion in a month. I'll tell you right now what you're going to say: R:FoM is the best console FPS EVER.

Note: I'm not a FPS fan. So my "best ever" statement is based on a puny sampling of games. Other who have played FPSes much more agree though...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I would say this is one of the best FPS I ever played, (to be honest I don't like Halo like the average folk), but any who M3 and folks I will be seeing you guys tonight!

Top Bottom