• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Angelcurio

M3Freak said:
Holy shit. I need some Resistance loving. Anyone care to play a few multiplayer rounds with me?
We should organize an unnoficial clan meeting tonight, i really want to play today, besides not feeling sleepy.

Foil

Just got this game and I'll be playing online a bit tonight and this weekend. I'm a total newb so take it easy on me. I'll probably get my ass kicked the first few nights. :lol

Don't have a headset yet btw. Feel free to add me.

PSN ID = Foil

BTW, I wasn't really feeling the single player until a few levels in. The game seems to be getting better (both visually and gameplay wise) as I go along. I love the Sam Cassell like characters just going about their business in that factory place.

Chrono

Banned
Finished it. :D

I actually edited that rant out above before I finished the game, I just thought there was nothing anybody could add that hasn't been written in all the guides. I died like 5 times at the last battle, it's insane and kinda cheap. Reminds of Shinobi's last boss, the only other time I actually wanted to brake the controller. :lol

Wonderful game. I didn't think it got better as it went on like many here said, it just started out awesome for me and it stayed on the same level throughout. The ending was disappointing though, how about a little bit more information? Anyway, can't wait for the sequel. I still can't believe this is a launch game, I guess the delay helped though, heh... great job Insomniac. :)

B-Ri

Chrono said:
Finished it. :D

I actually edited that rant out above before I finished the game, I just thought there was nothing anybody could add that hasn't been written in all the guides. I died like 5 times at the last battle, it's insane and kinda cheap. Reminds of Shinobi's last boss, the only other time I actually wanted to brake the controller. :lol

Wonderful game. I didn't think it got better as it went on like many here said, it just started out awesome for me and it stayed on the same level throughout. The ending was disappointing though, how about a little bit more information? Anyway, can't wait for the sequel. I still can't believe this is a launch game, I guess the delay helped though, heh... great job Insomniac. :)

start researching the black ops and the cloven, and the morse code. Page 66-68 of this thread i believe.

FightyF

Banned
Could you do me a favour and tell me what post number that discussion starts around?

My page listing is 100 posts per page, I don't know what you have yours on. For me, we're on page 60.

llTll

Banned
i was playing a game today with 2 people from GAF, Berren and Aeron or something like that.

who are they. reveal your self -__-

<-- X-E-N-O-N

FightyF

Banned
llTll said:
i was playing a game today with 2 people from GAF, Berren and Aeron or something like that.

who are they. reveal your self -__-

<-- X-E-N-O-N

You may want to clear out your PMs ||T||, but if you can't see my reply I'll post it here since it is Resistance related...

----paste---
8PM MST is when I start playing...Tuesday, Sat and Sun.

We are going to play in 14 hours. It's 1PM in France right now..so add 14 hours to that. That'll be 3AM on Sunday for you...when we play our Saturday evening game.

ChryZ

Those of you who just finished sp: do it again (try hard), on the first run you never know what to expect (I usually ended up being too careful, so I usually finished the stages with full health and ammo). On the second run it's a lot more fun, you know what's going on and you can JUST kick ass ... it's a lot closer to the pace/density of the mp games. It helped me a lot to improve my mp skills.

llTll

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
You may want to clear out your PMs ||T||, but if you can't see my reply I'll post it here since it is Resistance related...

----paste---
8PM MST is when I start playing...Tuesday, Sat and Sun.

We are going to play in 14 hours. It's 1PM in France right now..so add 14 hours to that. That'll be 3AM on Sunday for you...when we play our Saturday evening game.
omg thats so late. -__-

thanks for reminding to clear the PMs. Done

Wollan

Fight for Freeform said:
My page listing is 100 posts per page, I don't know what you have yours on. For me, we're on page 60.

I have it on 50 posts per page so page 66 would be your page 33 and forward.

Foil

Had a good time online tonight/this morning. Didn't even manage to win a single deathmatch. Oh well, atleast it was fun. There are some really good players online...

llTll

Banned
Foil said:
Had a good time online tonight/this morning. Didn't even manage to win a single deathmatch. Oh well, atleast it was fun. There are some really good players online...

lol i am way different than you.

in most games i m close to win, and if i dont, i get pissed off.

some games like somerset for example, i never win. i hate that place. its too dark in the jungle i cant see shit. and some sniper dood try to shoot my ass isnt really that funny too -_-

but god damn it man this game is like drugs to me now, if i don't play every day online, i will die.

i never has this much fun online since PSO on DreamCast
[ take that bishoptl ] lol

The Jer

Chrono said:
Wonderful game. I didn't think it got better as it went on like many here said, it just started out awesome for me and it stayed on the same level throughout.

I'm the same way, I thought it was great the whole way through. It didn't really get better near the end for me.

Chrono said:
The ending was disappointing though, how about a little bit more information?

As mentioned before, there is alot "floating around" in the game and on the internet. You have to dig a little for some of the clues and some of the story, they don't really slap it in your face.

Go to http://resistancefallofman.com and click on the USA and UK links for good stuff.
Also, http://MyResistance.Net has some good stuff.

That being said, the ending is a bit of a mystery.
I, personally want to know how the structures got buried throughout world, in places like the UK and Arizona. I also want to know why the US government is trying to hide the situation from the American people and why Black Ops (who we believe are from the US) captured Nathan Hale at the end.

llTll said:
:lol you have to forgive me. i dont have HDtv. and i was busy killing people

?
Is it hard to read text on your SDTV? As the "resident complain about how things look in SD guy" for this thread, I felt the text was very easy to read in SD and didn't feel like HD gave an advatage, as far as reading text goes.
Don't feel bad about forgetting the names, though. You were busy playing the game and adequetly added "or something like that".......... and it's only Aeon.
just kidding, Aeon

patsu

Bhahaha ! After a week+ of Folding, I finally got out and played Team DM for 5+ hours. Good times :)

Have not tried a single assault yet, but spectating is neat.

Kittonwy

Banned
GAME BATTLE!!111!!! EVERYONE11!!!111 TO THEIR BATTLE STATIONS!!!11!!!
Indifferent2.gif

media.jpg

^^ R U READY TO ROCK?
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Greg

I'll finally be there for once if you all don't mind.

Quick question - I'd enjoy playing some random matches with everyone from GAF, but I'm not ready to play any actual clan matches (not that I would be able to anyways, as I'm new to the clan and haven't played for quite some time) - when does everyone start playing random games just for fun?

Aeon712

The Jer said:
That being said, the ending is a bit of a mystery.
I, personally want to know how the structures got buried throughout world, in places like the UK and Arizona. I also want to know why the US government is trying to hide the situation from the American people and why Black Ops (who we believe are from the US) captured Nathan Hale at the end.
To add on to what you said I also wanna know
What exactly America was planning to do with the Angel they had the Brits capture, They turned the widowmaker(think thats what it was called into a weapon). And also have we seen any real Chimera outside of the Angels and crawlers, everything else seemed to have come from infected Humans.

Quick question - I'd enjoy playing some random matches with everyone from GAF, but I'm not ready to play any actual clan matches (not that I would be able to anyways, as I'm new to the clan and haven't played for quite some time) - when does everyone start playing random games just for fun?
Usually throughout the day, when I'm off on Fridays I play throughout the day and usually run into Beren and Gatekeeper. Being new to the clan means nothing, join up with us and have fun. With that said I'll be on 3hrs late like every Saturday :(.

patsu

Greg, what is your PSN id ? I play mostly alone these days because of my odd hours. I play 5-10 minutes all over 24 hours (whenever I take a break from long hours of work).

Greg

Aeon712 said:
Usually throughout the day, when I'm off on Fridays I play throughout the day and usually run into Beren and Gatekeeper. Being new to the clan means nothing, join up with us and have fun. With that said I'll be on 3hrs late like every Saturday :(.
Definitely send me a friends invite then (PSN is Greg) - I usually can't get on until late anyways, and when I do, I'll be playing until 3 in the morning (EST). I need to get back into the game - haven't played it since the first patch when they messed with my beautiful carbine. Now that the headshot damage is up, I have a feeling the game is going to suck me in again.

patsu said:
Greg, what is your PSN id ? I play mostly alone these days because of my odd hours. I play 5-10 minutes all over 24 hours (whenever I take a break from long hours of work).
Greg

:lol

Remy

Greg said:

Aeon already said it, but seriously - if you can sign on to MP, you're ready for clan games. It's not like we're a life-and-death clan who lashes ourselves 100 times every time we lose. We're just playing for the fun.

In fact, jumping into the clan games quicker will help you grow. You'll learn the basics of all of the modes, the tricks with the controls, and so on. Really, jump in, the water's fine.

All of that said, I won't be there tonight (LCD Soundsystem concert, woo!) - but I'll be on tomorrow night at 10.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
To add on to what you said I also wanna know
What exactly America was planning to do with the Angel they had the Brits capture, They turned the widowmaker(think thats what it was called into a weapon). And also have we seen any real Chimera outside of the Angels and crawlers, everything else seemed to have come from infected Humans.

Take over teh world?

gladtomeetya.gif

Aeon712

Greg said:
Definitely send me a friends invite then (PSN is Greg) - I usually can't get on until late anyways, and when I do, I'll be playing until 3 in the morning (EST). I need to get back into the game - haven't played it since the first patch when they messed with my beautiful carbine. Now that the headshot damage is up, I have a feeling the game is going to suck me in again.
You'll fit in perfectly, we had a late night party till around 3am last week. Since I can't start till almost 12 on Saturday nights I usually play for about 2-3hrs.

I just started playing this after getting it last Friday with my PS3… some of the stuff in single player is fantastic. I did not think it would be that good! I am pissed I chose to play Motorstorm first now... I just got the Ayger in the Cathedral!

BTW I did not follow the game AT ALL through the months up to release... so that probably helped!

patsu

The Cathedral ! I love running around like a madman in that scene. Took me 10-12 tries in Hard. Nope... I didn't use the choke point. Too stupid to work that out. So it's all...

[First... talking to my AI comrade... "Don't worry, I'll protect your *ss", then...] Gah ! Argh ! Run ! Run ! Ugh ! Health kit, health kit where is it ? Grenade ! Argh ! Run ! Run !

Kittonwy

Banned
The cathedral was a pretty cool scenario in the game, like every scenario in Resistance there's always a tactical solution that can be worked out for it, that's why I like Resistance, it's not pure reflex and aiming but more of how one approaches the level.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:

That late start on Saturday sucks, eh? By the time you get on people start taking off.

Last week I was on way too late - I don't plan on doing that today.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
That late start on Saturday sucks, eh? By the time you get on people start taking off.

Last week I was on way too late - I don't plan on doing that today.

I tend to be fashionably late = 10:00-10:30. I can probably make 9PM EST though.
Indifferent2.gif

Greg

I was playing SOCOM 2 earlier (yeah, the game is still amazing) and my headset just stopped working...I was really excited for tonight too...

Any way for the headset chatter to be done through my TV's speakers, similar to Motorstorm?

B-Ri

they do headset chatter through speakers in motorstorm?

damn i didnt know that, and no, not on resistance online.

Greg

B-Ri said:

Yeah, if you don't have a headset plugged in, all the voice chat will be through your speakers - quite funny when you crush someone into a rock and your entire audience gets to hear how they feel about it. :lol

I'm about to run to the store right now and pick up a cheap USB one...

B-Ri

hahaha thats hilarious, i wish it gave the option to play on both.

and ps where is everyone i only see 3 people online.

The Jer

B-Ri said:

It annoys me to death in Motorstorm, because they don't give you the option to turn it off. In order to "turn it off" I have to turn on my mic and put it down. Of course, if I turn on my mic mid-game, it quits the game. They have integrated the XMB buddy list into Motorstorm now and that's working fine for me. This is the last "major" thing that needs to change, IMO.

To Greg,
Go to:
Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings -> Output Device -> System Default Device

I'm not sure if it'll work without the headset on in Resistance (I've never tried it).

Greg

The Jer said:
To Greg,
Go to:
Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings -> Output Device -> System Default Device

I'm not sure if it'll work without the headset on in Resistance (I've never tried it).
Thanks - I'll give it a try whenever I get a chance to log on.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
started playing resistance multiplayer today..... 9 hours straight loll

I play fps's since 2000,
UT99, mohaa (AA, spearhead, breakthrough), COD, UT2004. So my "fps" school is ok.

how do i rate resistance?
the online game is really good. But in the back of my head i know it will never be as deep as the games i pointed early in this post. By deep i mean that no matter how much time i put into this game i will never improve beyond what the sixaxis (or any other gamepad) allows.
I cant gamble many combat situations based on how accurate i am because its not a keyboard + mouse. Its a gamepad. So i cant trust to do the techniques i do in my PC because they need a mouse + kb. So all i do in this game is to stay with the basics. Its like putting a speed limiter in a ferrari, because this game online is really good.

still, here i am playing :) and its the first time i used voice chat :D :D its fun, we talk about stuff with unknown ppl while killing guys :D

see ya around (im SPYSHGG, playing in europe)

ps: when is the game gonna support worldwide play? i heard in the fullmoon podcast they would gonna make it happen.

SleazyC

spyshagg said:
started playing resistance multiplayer today..... 9 hours straight loll

I play fps's since 2000,
UT99, mohaa (AA, spearhead, breakthrough), COD, UT2004. So my "fps" school is ok.

how do i rate resistance?
the online game is really good. But in the back of my head i know it will never be as deep as the games i pointed early in this post. By deep i mean that no matter how much time i put into this game i will never improve beyond what the sixaxis (or any other gamepad) allows.
I cant gamble many combat situations based on how accurate i am because its not a keyboard + mouse. Its a gamepad. So i cant trust to do the techniques i do in my PC because they need a mouse + kb. So all i do in this game is to stay with the basics. Its like putting a speed limiter in a ferrari, because this game online is really good.

still, here i am playing :) and its the first time i used voice chat :D :D its fun, we talk about stuff with unknown ppl while killing guys :D

see ya around (im SPYSHGG, playing in europe)

ps: when is the game gonna support worldwide play? i heard in the fullmoon podcast they would gonna make it happen.
Accuracy will never be as good but you also have to remember something at the same time. Your opponents are limited by the same thing so you should just forget about any hesitations you have and just go for it.

Core407

Banned
My main complaint with the MP is that it's too hectic at times, but I'm guessing a 20v20 fight in a small area would be hectic in the real life.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
yes its true. I'm just sad this game wont be played at high level because of the input.

i had fun today. really did.
my score is 650kills/350 deaths in unranked matches. hows that? good? nice

sleep time. bye

Core407

Banned
spyshagg said:
yes its true. I'm just sad this game wont be played at high level because of the input.

sleep time. bye

2:1 ratio is great. On my old account, I was up to 2000+ kills versus 1000+ deaths, which isn't too shabby.

SleazyC

spyshagg said:

sleep time. bye
I find that you can get pretty accurate, as far as the controller allows but that forces you to strengthen your game in other places. You need to be quick on your feet since it can be so hectic with 20 other people that are trying to kill you (and your team if you are doing team DM or objective games). You need to know how to use most of the weapons to some extent and in objective games you need to be able to know how to counter and attack nodes and bases. I think the game can definitely be played at a high level if you just don't compare it to any PC FPS games.

Top Bottom