• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

The Jer

My controller froze everytime I tried to turn on my headset. I had to turn my PS3 off. Sorry guys. I've been having all kinds of trouble connecting wireless devices to my PS3 the past several weeks. I don't know if it's interference or what. But, it kind of makes me worry. I'd kind of like to bring it to another environment some time to see if I keep having the same problems.

Aeon712 said:
That kid we played with the first game was laughs :lol. We're gonna get mass banned :lol

ooohh, a story. do tell.

FightyF

Banned
The Jer said:
My controller froze everytime I tried to turn on my headset. I had to turn my PS3 off. Sorry guys. I've been having all kinds of trouble connecting wireless devices to my PS3 the past several weeks. I don't know if it's interference or what. But, it kind of makes me worry. I'd kind of like to bring it to another environment some time to see if I keep having the same problems.

That happens to me from time to time but when you restart it will work fine.

What kind of headset do you have? I have a Motorola 350.

The Jer

Fight for Freeform said:
That happens to me from time to time but when you restart it will work fine.

What kind of headset do you have? I have a Motorola 350.

Motorola H500. And when I restart it doesn't work fine. And its not just the headset. I have trouble connecting two conrollers wirelessly at the same time.

M3Freak

Banned
Awesome games tonight. Bit of a downer at the end for me: I was going to play one more game, then there was a join error, and I got "player kicked" message. WTH?

Oh well.

See you guys on Saturday, or maybe through the week if I play some FFA games.

M3Freak

Banned
The Jer said:
Motorola H500. And when I restart it doesn't work fine. And its not just the headset. I have trouble connecting two conrollers wirelessly at the same time.

Try taking it somewhere else and see if things improve. But, it sounds like you have a hardware issue.

Don't worry about it. It's till under warranty, so you're covered. Just back up your stuff if you do end up calling Sony for support.

FightyF

Banned
The Jer said:

After I restart, I make sure to do each thing one at a time, and give each accessory some "breathing time".

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
M3Freak said:
Awesome games tonight. Bit of a downer at the end for me: I was going to play one more game, then there was a join error, and I got "player kicked" message. WTH?

Oh well.

Yeah I noticed two people got dropped when we entered the room - got your message right as the countdown started. I definitely didn't kick you though :lol

sutdawg

M3Freak said:

Oh well.

Don't worry M3, I think you just missed a Meltdown on Manchester... nothing exciting!

That kid in the begining rocked!!!! I was actually laughing so hard, I started tearing up. Did anyone catch his name( was it EnergizerBunny)? The next time someone asks us for our leader because they want a GameBattle, we should refer them to this kid!:lol

Big-E

djkimothy said:
I missed it. What was with the kid?

It was a kid who sounded like he was 5 years old but could have been older and just had a retarded voice and he proceeded to say some funny shit.

M3Freak

Banned
Big-E said:
...and he proceeded to say some funny shit.

Very funny shit. I think we were all a little shocked for a minute or two because we couldn't figure out what the hell he was going on about.

I was laughing pretty hard too. Distracted me to the point of being useless in the game, though.

I noticed last night, and Sunday too, that the games we were playing were back to being full or close to full. Looks like Insomniac is getting their infrastructure straightended out for May's big changes.

Still broken: match making. We get too many TDM games in Somerset, and Meltdown games in Manchester. That's slightly better than TDM and Meltdown games in Somerset and nothing else. Don't know what's happened to the other maps, Breach, Assault or Team Conversion.

The Jer said:

Do yourself a favor and ditch the BT headset for this baby

12951.jpg

It's wired, but it's so. damned. nice.

Spooks

M3Freak said:
Still broken: match making. We get too many TDM games in Somerset, and Meltdown games in Manchester. That's slightly better than TDM and Meltdown games in Somerset and nothing else. Don't know what's happened to the other maps, Breach, Assault or Team Conversion.
omg im so tired of Somerset.

Sounds like I missed some awesome gaming last night :(. Oh well I enjoyed the show I went to :).

JB1981

Spooks said:
omg im so tired of Somerset.

Sounds like I missed some awesome gaming last night :(. Oh well I enjoyed the show I went to :).
the game definitely needs a lot more than a paltry 2 new maps. Give us 5. I'll gladly pay for them all.

Big-E

The problem with Somerset is the fact its a race to who can set up snipers first. Having only one rifle spawn screws up the map since if your backed up in one area there is no way for you to get out because more often then not they will have a wall of snipers shooting at you. IF they had a rifle spawn in the fort then I think things would be better.

The Jer

AltogetherAndrews said:
Do yourself a favor and ditch the BT headset for this baby

12951.jpg

It's wired, but it's so. damned. nice.

If I can confirm my problems are environmental, I'll just have to suck it up and go wired. I'm gonna have to bring the PS3 to a new environment first and try it there, first.

Beatbox

Big-E said:
The problem with Somerset is the fact its a race to who can set up snipers first. Having only one rifle spawn screws up the map since if your backed up in one area there is no way for you to get out because more often then not they will have a wall of snipers shooting at you. IF they had a rifle spawn in the fort then I think things would be better.

There's three sniper rifles in the woods alone. The main one everybody goes for on the bottom by Foxtrot, one in the right woods and one in the left treetops. But I agree that there should be one in the fort as well.

sutdawg

The problem is that once people set up sniping it makes it very tough to get to the one on the left in the treetops and the one by the bridge at foxtrot. You either have to be very sneaky or spawn next to it and grab it and run. I agree that maybe a 4th rifle by the fort would be nice, logistically it would make sense too.

Aeon did you catch that guy you were chasing at the Cathedral yet? :lol

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Aeon did you catch that guy you were chasing at the Cathedral yet? :lol
Think I chased him into a wall or something, he was so scared of my awesome 1337 carbine skills:lol.

Two other funny moments I was apart of last night was in the same when Me, Sutdawg and Click were running to the Cathedral they stopped to fight to the people while I ran in to take the Node(Click started screaming Aeon you left us to die).

Other was the TDM where the other team scored 992 and I said nobody is allowed to die and right after I died and they won :lol.

All and all last night was loads of fun don't think anyone got ticked at anyone else. Protecting the Cathedral 3 vs 4 was a blast and really showed how good our team work can be when we all have headsets. Even though we were outnumbered we never lost it to their constant attack two rounds in a row.

careksims

Aeon712 said:
Other was the TDM where the other team scored 992 and I said nobody is allowed to die and right after I died and they won :lol.
/QUOTE]

LOL! I remember that one! Beautiful stuff. The clan nights are so worth it.

The Jer

Kittonwy said:

:0

I'm hyped for this game and I already play it. I want this as an .mp4

"I've order my men to save one bullet each, because some things are worse than death."

Also, I want the "day 10" video where the girl is walking off into the distance and says,
"Everyday, I wonder if these may be my last words. And if you never hear from me again, promise me one thing: never forget what it means to be human."

I want these as .mp4 I say!

M3Freak

Banned
The Jer said:
:0

I'm hyped for this game and I already play it. I want this as an .mp4

"I've order my men to save one bullet each, because some things are worse than death."

Also, I want the "day 10" video where the girl is walking off into the distance and says,
"Everyday, I wonder if these may be my lasy words. And if you never hear from me again, promise me one thing: never forget what it means to be human."

I want these as .mp4 I say!

Ya, we need mp4 versions so I can put them on my PS3. My 3 year old laptop can't handle this HD stuff.

ChryZ

M3Freak said:
Ya, we need mp4 versions so I can put them on my PS3.
The gametrailers.com stuff can be easily exported to a mp4 container via "quicktime pro" since the video and audio are already ps3 compliant.

Oh yes, it's one of the best trailers ever! I keep referencing it for weeks, but I guess my marketing sucks :lol

M3Freak

Banned
ChryZ said:
The gametrailers.com stuff can be easily exported to a mp4 container via "quicktime pro" since the video and audio are already ps3 compliant.

I don't run Quicktime - I use Fedora Core 6, a Linux distribution. The mp4 or h264 versions really have to be put out by the web sites, devs, Sony, etc., themselves.

ChryZ

M3Freak said:
I don't run Quicktime - I use Fedora Core 6, a Linux distribution. The mp4 or h264 versions really have to be put out by the web sites, devs, Sony, etc., themselves.
Agreed. I don't get why they don't use mp4 containers more often. Quicktime user would still be able to watch them and PS3 would be able to download and to watch them on their systems. Hopefully they'll get it someday. In the meantime it's Quicktime Pro or nothing. I also use Linux, but I also got some Windows here, so I just tried to export the mov to mp4. Gametrailers f*cked up, it's not h264 (like the filename stated), they used Sorenson Video 3. Sorenson is based on h264, but not compliant. So a quick export is out of the question and all this means re-encoding :-\

M3Freak

Banned
ChryZ said:
Agreed. I don't get why they don't use mp4 containers more often. Quicktime user would still be able to watch them and PS3 would be able to download and to watch them on their systems. Hopefully they'll get it someday. In the meantime it's Quicktime Pro or nothing. I also use Linux, but I also got some Windows here, so I just tried to export the mov to mp4. Gametrailers f*cked up, it's not h264 (like the filename stated), they used Sorenson Video 3. Sorenson is based on h264, but not compliant. So a quick export is out of the question and all this means re-encoding :-\

All the more reason for the damn web sites, etc., to do the mp4 or proper h264 versions themselves. What losers.

Anyway, I'm hankering for some Resistance loving. I'm going to be on in about 5 minutes. If anyone jumps on, send me a message in game.

Aeon712

I just tried to get online and its telling that I need an update to do so. What's weird about this update is that it's asking me to delete my system data.

Greg

I want to play tonight, but I'm not sure if I have the energy to stay up. I had straight class from 8 until 2, played some tennis for an hour, and then 2 hour physics lab followed by 3 1/2 hours of more tennis.

I shouldn't be this tired at 9 on a Friday night. :lol

Ceb

I was thinking that it would be neat if, for Resistance 2, Insomniac turned the secondary fire of the Hailstorm into a grenade. "Hailstorm grenade"? IMO, the primary fire of the weapon is a bit useless since you don't pick up that many Hailstorm bolts throughout the game. This would free up space for one more weapon. :D

I'm probably just not good at handling it, but the Splitter also feels kinda useless. Anyone had any more luck with it?

PS360

Banned
Greg said:
I want to play tonight, but I'm not sure if I have the energy to stay up. I had straight class from 8 until 2, played some tennis for an hour, and then 2 hour physics lab followed by 3 1/2 hours of more tennis.

I shouldn't be this tired at 9 on a Friday night. :lol

If I'm not going out (which I'm not tonight) and I'm this tired I just sleep from like..8 to 11 or 9 to 11:30...get up...then stay up til like 6 or 7. That's the way to do it baby.

Greg

I just might have to do that - the ultimate question is, will anyone still be playing at midnight?

I'd be pissed if I woke up only to see everyone offline. :lol

Beatbox

Aeon - I just went to hop into a game and forgot to check if anyone was online. I backed out of the game and checked to see you on. Now I lost my cursor when I tried starting a party. Gonna reboot.

Edit - Just missed you I guess. So what happened with the update thing? Did you need to do anything???

Aeon712

We had some fun games tonight, managed to get a party of 5 (6 people were on total). Saturday night nobody is allowed to take the arc charger so I can get 11kills with it to earn my medal.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
We had some fun games tonight, managed to get a party of 5 (6 people were on total). Saturday night nobody is allowed to take the arc charger so I can get 11kills with it to earn my medal.

I got kicked once, and then got a network error. It wasn't meant to be.

Hopefully Saturday night I don't run into this shit. I'm looking forward to earning my second Supreme Commander pip!!

Top Bottom