• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
Room is full, it's no fair!!!
cry.gif

Booo.

The Jer

Kittonwy said:
Room is full, it's no fair!!!
cry.gif

Ya. I joined for part of one round and then left to get some stuff done. When I came back the room was full. It'd probably help to have more than one room going.

Finally got a headset that lets me feed the game audio as well as team chat audio through the headset in a reasonable fashion (meaning I'll get to play the game with game audio without waking the damned kid), so I should be able to join GAF games again.

The Jer

Hey guys, if you're reading this, the game froze when I tried to change audio settings (this is the second time that has happened to me). Sorry. I had to turn off my PS3. I'll sign on again and wait in the lobby for you guys. Keep playing games till I'm back on (What I mean is: don't wait up for me).

Aeon712

The Jer said:
Hey guys, if you're reading this, the game froze when I tried to change audio settings (this is the second time that has happened to me). Sorry. I had to turn off my PS3. I'll sign on again and wait in the lobby for you guys. Keep playing games till I'm back on (What I mean is: don't wait up for me).
You guys have a Gaf game without me :(, I feel so left out.

The Jer

???? I just got kicked from the game.

:(

Is this what happened to Sutdawg before?

I just wanna play... ::cries::

Kittonwy

Banned
Didn't end up playing a single game with the Insomniac folks which was disappointing, but afterwards we made a party and played for a couple of hours, which was awesome. Nice to end on a meltdown win, the CTF win was awesome too.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
Didn't end up playing a single game with the Insomniac folks which was disappointing, but afterwards we made a party and played for a couple of hours, which was awesome. Nice to end on a meltdown win, the CTF win was awesome too.
Indifferent2.gif
Just got home and still see a couple people on my xmb playing, you guys will only be around for maybe a game or two so I think I'll just fold alone :( (while catching up on my weekly anime :)). Good to hear you guys were wrecking without me.

The Jer

Fun games tonight guys!
I was feelin' pretty rusty, but I had a blast.
I typically don't play on friday night; I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people on.

ChryZ

Last night was pretty awesome. The Insomniac games were pretty fierce. I was in 3-4 of those earlier games, along with 4-5 fellow gaffers and most rounds were pretty head to head.

I kinda hoped for some R&C comments over squad chat, but everyone was way to busy killing people :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
thisisgb.jpg

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES BUBUBUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE... OUR... FREEDOMMMMM!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Spooks

Hopefully going to go pick up a mic soon so I can have one for tonights game. Then I wont have to worry about using my brothers mic anymore :D.

Aeon712

OK it's official I'll never beat Super Human solo :(. I've been stuck in the freaking
conversion center
forever it seems. Spec ops skin is too darn sexy to pass up though.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
OK it's official I'll never beat Super Human solo :(. I've been stuck in the freaking
conversion center
forever it seems. Spec ops skin is too darn sexy to pass up though.

Just take your time, it's really not as difficult as you think, sometimes you have to pick the right weapon and it makes a world of difference.

Greg

I feel playing with everyone is a waste when my headset is broken. The whole team aspect goes down the drain when I don't exactly feel a part of the team or know what's going on - and that doesn't help the team as a whole either.

Damnit.

Aeon712

Greg said:
I feel playing with everyone is a waste when my headset is broken. The whole team aspect goes down the drain when I don't exactly feel a part of the team or know what's going on - and that doesn't help the team as a whole either.

Damnit.
Stop making excuses cause you feel that I'm better then you:), expecting to see you on tonight since you already told me that audio comes through ya tv :p. I'll be on within the next 5min, never made it to the Saturday night games at start:D.

Greg

Don't play too much because I won't be able to get on for another 2 hours or so. I got on last night around midnight and then everyone disappeared.

mintylurb

Good game guys. Eventhough I was getting killed every 5 secs, it was still fun :D Btw, which headsets are you guys using? I am currenlty using that old ps2 usb headset and man there was way too much background noise..;/

Kittonwy

Banned
mintylurb said:
Good game guys. Eventhough I was getting killed every 5 secs, it was still fun :D Btw, which headsets are you guys using? I am currenlty using that old ps2 usb headset and man there was way too much background noise..;/

I'm using my good ol' SOCOM headset.
Indifferent2.gif

Spooks

GAME BATTLEEEEEEEEEEE

hahaha

We played with that guy again our last game but he quit XD.

Good gaming tonight d00dz will be doing it again Sunday.

ChryZ

Great session last night.

Chief communications officers were able to find new ways to strike fear into hearts and minds of our enemies. We paid the price of two lifes to secure it. One should be careful though, it might backlash with serious consequences for your own party, the gaf clan were close to tears when the "pink taco" intelligence surfaced:
:p(|) , 8==D O:
. Central command, out.

:lol

Angelcurio

Crap, no matter how many times i tried to get online yesterday, i just kept receiving those stupid server errors. Looks like i missed a quite fun night :(

Greg

I fail at every game involving a team.

While in breach or meltdown, I run around all confused because I have no clue where to go. I try to follow my small map only to run into countless walls. I try to use my larger map and I end up blinding myself with the damn thing and run into enemies.

Team DMs piss me off even more when half of the game is luck on depending on where you spawn. I get all excited when I'm a chimera and see people on the other side of a wall for a split second, only to realize that it's one of my teamates. (And not only does that accomplish nothing, it makes me look like a complete ass for shooting at my teamate.) And after all that, when I die, they spawn me away from the action - I'd rather be spawned in behind a group of enemies, not because it's fair, but because that would be fun for me and not for them.

<more failure stories and complaints about my lack of team skills in any other team objective modes>

:lol

M3Freak

Banned
The Jer said:
Allright, this new bullseye "tag stick" thing is really buggin' me.

It happened to me for the first time yesterday when I was playing a ranked free for all match. I got killed because of that bug.

Greg

M3Freak said:
It happened to me for the first time yesterday when I was playing a ranked free for all match. I got killed because of that bug.
Is this an intentional thing or an accidental thing? I don't play enough to know what you are talking about. :lol

The Jer

Greg said:
Is this an intentional thing or an accidental thing? I don't play enough to know what you are talking about. :lol

I'm really not sure if its intentional or not. But, it came with the latest update. Using the Bullseye: normally a tagged enemy becomes untagged once said enemy is killed. But, now tags tend to "stick" to an enemy even after the enemy is killed, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time. You have to manually untag the enemy by pressing the alt-fire.

Greg

The Jer said:
I'm really not sure if its intentional or not. But, it came with the latest update. Using the Bullseye: normally a tagged enemy becomes untagged once said enemy is killed. But, now tags tend to "stick" to an enemy even after the enemy is killed, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time. You have to manually untag the enemy by pressing the alt-fire.
Ouch - that wouldn't be too great. I'm hoping it's an accidental thing as I'd hate for it to catch on...either way, Insomniac has been great about patching things up.

Greg

I'm jumping on for an hour or so if anyone wishes to join me - I'll check to see if any of you are on in between matches, or just message me and I'll wait for you to get done with whatever game you are in.

Top Bottom