• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

Me and Efertlis just fixed our accracy in some games with Chryz. Resistance felt so fast when I entered a dm that I went 25-12 and finished in 2nd cause I suicided :(. If I didn't start the match 0-3 cause I couldn't aim straight I would've won :(.

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
Oh nice job on the roll call, but darn it you recycled the picture!!!
angry.gif

I wasn't THAT ambitious. I'll be on around 11EST or so. Maybe a bit earlier, it depends on when I get back from where I'm going.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Me and Efertlis just fixed our accracy in some games with Chryz. Resistance felt so fast when I entered a dm that I went 25-12 and finished in 2nd cause I suicided :(. If I didn't start the match 0-3 cause I couldn't aim straight I would've won :(.
hehe, that last "Cebs" guy, got really pissed and send me like 10 messages after our little "foursome" ... his idea of "don't quit" was one-by-one and not our little "group rape" :lol

Raist

Banned
European territories should get them shortly after the US launch

"Shortly" ... :/

you'll also be able to drop a dime on cheaters and glitchers to an in-game moderator with the report option

yay

If you repeatedly can't finish ranked games, either by disconnecting or quitting out, you'll be barred from joining another ranked match for a certain period of time. It starts at zero, but increases depending on your "did not finish" percentage, and can reach up to fifteen minutes.

OMG yes !

Also, very importantly, look for some upgrades to team play. Teammates' names will be more distinguishable, so all of you human vs. human deathmatch players won't accidentally shoot at your own squadmates. Besides adjusting teammate names, Insomniac's online team is also incorporating more skins (and more distinct ones, to boot) so that again, you won't accidentally shoot at your own teammates, or worse, not shoot at an enemy who looks like he's on your squad, leading to the taste of armpit-flavored rifle butt

Nice !

However, for those of you who enjoy ranked Chimera vs. Chimera team deathmatch insanity, get your jollies in during Memorial Day weekend, because that option is going out the window come patch time.

Meh... why ? :/

Mercifully, for many, you'll also be able to integrate your PSN pals into your Resistance buddy list.

Very nice. I guess lazy folks and trolls will just stfu now :p

Maps look nice too. Has a price been announced yet ?

Aeon712

However, for those of you who enjoy ranked Chimera vs. Chimera team deathmatch insanity, get your jollies in during Memorial Day weekend, because that option is going out the window come patch time.
Huge WTF Why moment if they are keeping human vs human.

patsu

I hope it means they are rotating human-human and Chimera-Chimera in 1 game.

You can now not only mute voice chat from some jackass, you'll also be able to drop a dime on cheaters and glitchers to an in-game moderator with the report option, who can spectate the game, watch said person, and take appropriate action.

Heh heh, Stalker in MP confirmed. :p
Do it !

Aeon712

patsu said:
I hope it means they are rotating human-human and Chimera-Chimera in 1 game.
I've been hoping for that since they started same race wars since you get nothing new the second round.

Hey Kaching,

I sent you a pm but I just wanted to let you know that here too... my PSN username is "TeamVernia" without the space. Sorry about the confusion. Which room are you guys all playing in?

tanod

when is my burrito
Team Vernia said:
Hey Kaching,

I sent you a pm but I just wanted to let you know that here too... my PSN username is "TeamVernia" without the space. Sorry about the confusion. Which room are you guys all playing in?

We'll have a party. If you're logged in, we'll invite. I'm getting on in a couple minutes, see all of you guys then.

Remy

I would guess that Chimera/Chimera is going out the window because unlike Human/Human, they can't mess with the skins as easily?

(see my bitching god knows how many pages back about everyone looking the same in Chi/Chi games)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ChryZ said:
hehe, that last "Cebs" guy, got really pissed and send me like 10 messages after our little "foursome" ... his idea of "don't quit" was one-by-one and not our little "group rape" :lol

Hahahah. Good times. He sent a message calling me a Laark Whore - I didn't use it more than 4 times on him in two rounds. Another sucker for my ignore list. :D

Here's videos of the new maps -

http://media.ps3.gamespy.com/media/748/748483/vids_1.html

ChryZ

Noooooo, it's so action packed and ruthless ... I love its insanity :(

Raist

Banned
Hmmm, this may be a stupid question but, does the map pack contains the updates too ?

Or will the patch be separated and free, and only the map charged ?

womfalcs3

Banned
The map pack will be $7.99. Ted Price had to justify why the pack costs money... can you believe it? If I were a developing company, I'd charge for them too... as all do. Since when did Gears of War get free new maps?

He had to go through how the online play is free, and how all the patches and new modes they've added and will add are free.

I think it's sad that a considerable amount of people are complaining about paying for optional packs.

I for one will be picking it up. I paid 8 bucks for a 1-dimensional game in flOw... this pack is well worth it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Nice they added a Purchase option within the game so that you dont have to go to the Store to get the map pack.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Huge WTF Why moment if they are keeping human vs human.

Damn I'm actually decent at chimera vs. chimera (being chimeras with bullseye for two rounds instead of one is huge for me), I just tag and shoot when I see red, oh well...

angry.gif

Wollan

8$ is too much for two maps. They should have priced them 4-5$. Resistance owners will still buy them but it's too much. For 9.99$ I would expect a five map package.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
8$ is too much for two maps. They should have priced them 4-5$. Resistance owners will still buy them but it's too much. For 9.99$ I would expect a five map package.

Damn I should start a Resistance map pack subsidy fund or something.
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doom_Bringer said:
maps should be free. It's just what the 1up guys were discussing yesterday, you pay for the game and the content should be free.

That's true... for Motorstorm.

Raist

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
maps should be free. It's just what the 1up guys were discussing yesterday, you pay for the game and the content should be free.

Additionnal content requires additionnal time and work, so I think it's normal to pay for decent DLC.

In the case of RFoM, they've already made so much free additions that paying for 2 maps seems fair to me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doom_Bringer said:
Looks like the snow map got downgraded. There is barely any snowfall at all...

Intensity seems to change from time to time. There are spots in those video were you can see snowfall A LOT. It even rains from time to time.

Colors are all ****ed up in those videos btw. At least the QT ones I downloaded. Everything is blue, even explosions.

Raist said:
Additionnal content requires additionnal time and work, so I think it's normal to pay for decent DLC.

In the case of RFoM, they've already made so much free additions that paying for 2 maps seems fair to me.

Have you played Battlefield 1942? The game was patched many times and all the maps (Coral Sea, Invasion of Philippines and some other map) were totally free.

They made two add on packs (Secret Weapons and Road to Rome) and those retailed for about $30 and had at least 5 maps plus new gameplay each.

Charging $8 US for two maps without any gameplay changes like vehicles or something is lame

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Colors are all ****ed up in those videos btw.

COMPLETELY yeah. What the hell have they done

Doom_Bringer said:
Have you played Battlefield 1942? The game was patched many times and all the maps (Coral Sea, Invasion of Philippines and some other map) were totally free.

Well yeah, you'll always find exceptions. Like MMO's which are free while others require you to pay a monthly fee AND pay for addons. Etc.

I'm just saying that since I got the game for 60€, so far they've improved the game a LOT. Fixes, enhancements, new game modes, new options (and more soon with the new patch). Now they're gonna charge 8$ for two maps, yeah. If you consider this money is ONLY for those maps, it seems to be expansive. Personnaly, I consider to pay a bit more for a better game.

They made a GREAT game and there's an excellent support so far, so I don't mind to pay for those maps. Seems fair considering the huge excellent work they did since the game was released.

Whatever, I think they should be free. Anyway those videos look black and white to me. Worst capturing equipment confirmed. Any other site have better quality vids?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doom_Bringer said:
Any other site have better quality vids?

Was wondering the same :(
But sadly I dont think it's Gamespy fault. Video interview looks fine when they show Insomniac people. Goes to B&W when game is shown. I think someone ****ed up at Insomniac since they probably are the ones who recorded those videos.

Anyways, I was looking at the changes coming with the ww servers and read this:

The Clans

About the clans. If two clans have the same name, then the non-U.S. clan gets a region appended to their names. That means that for example 'Agents of Doom' in EU becomes 'Agents of Doom Europe' or something like tha, but the American 'Agents of Doom' remains the same.

Now THAT'S RACIST! What if my European clan is called "**** YOU" (just an example. I know this isnt allowed anyway due to profanity filtering)? Would it read "**** YOU EUROPE"? I wouldn't like that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ah didnt notice this before

Gamespyp èreview said:
SCEA reminded us that it's really more that you'll also be able to access your PSN buddy list directly from the Resistance lobby. Our bad.

God yes!

ChryZ

TTP said:
That's true... for Motorstorm.
Exactly! Motorstorm was very barebone to boot ... yet full price, but

Resistance is awesome value out of the box: SP, MP (free dedicated servers, free stats tracking and all).

With all the fun, that I've already squeezed out of this gem, I'm more than happy to invest additional 5-10 bucks.

TTP said:
jNow THAT'S RACIST! What if my European clan is called "**** YOU" (just an example. I know this isnt allowed anyway due to profanity filtering)? Would it read "**** YOU EUROPE"? I wouldn't like that.

:lol :lol

that would be the worst clan name ever

patsu

Doom_Bringer said:

They made two add on packs (Secret Weapons and Road to Rome) and those retailed for about $30 and had at least 5 maps plus new gameplay each.

Charging $8 US for two maps without any gameplay changes like vehicles or something is lame

They have already added new game modes and maps for free. Dedicated Server Online Gaming is free. In-game moderator is free. It seems more modes may be added for free in the future. Personally, I think it's ok they charge for the maps. They are dynamic anyway, so I expect each of them to be big.

(Posting this from PS3)

calder

Wollan said:
I also think 4.99 would be pretty fair for 2 maps, if they have to charge for 2 maps at all.

Maybe I'm bitter that I had $9 in my wallet and spent most of it on Jumping Flash on thursday just to see what the PS1 smoothing options looked like. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
calder said:
I also think 4.99 would be pretty fair for 2 maps, if they have to charge for 2 maps at all.

Maybe I'm bitter that I had $9 in my wallet and spent most of it on Jumping Flash on thursday just to see what the PS1 smoothing options looked like. :lol

Well, to be fair, it's not just two maps. It's two HUGE maps whose layout changes depending on the number of players (and game modes, to some extent). I think a fair degree of extra work goes into map design if you keep that in mind.

Besides, they are adding new skins with the FREE patch.

For such a limited installed base, I think 8$ for two maps is a good start. This is not the PC market. I'm confident prices will go down (or more content will be offered for the same price) in the future.

Aeon712

The amount of time I put into Resistance justifies the price of the maps(2maps, but 8versions). Also the fact that both of them will support 40players means less mofo Somerset in the rotation. Question would the people complaining about the price rather have waited for Insomniac to realease the maps along with the game modes for the price? Almost wish they would've charged 3.99 for both maybe people wouldn't complain.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
The amount of time I put into Resistance justifies the price of the maps(2maps, but 8versions). Also the fact that both of them will support 40players means less mofo Somerset in the rotation. Question would the people complaining about the price rather have waited for Insomniac to realease the maps along with the game modes for the price? Almost wish they would've charged 3.99 for both maybe people wouldn't complain.

Thank freakin' god!

This is my online experience last night with Resistance. No Exaggeration.

Somerset
Somerset
Grimsby
Somerset
Manchester
Somerset
The Mall
Somerset
Somerset
Somerset
Somerset
Subway
U.S.S. Lexington
Somerset
Rooftops

No Nottingham!
had to get that far to get to Rooftops, my favorite level :(

FightyF

Banned
Aeon712 said:
The amount of time I put into Resistance justifies the price of the maps(2maps, but 8versions). Also the fact that both of them will support 40players means less mofo Somerset in the rotation.

What if half the people in our party has it, and the other half doesn't? We'll probably get the same rotation.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Fight for Freeform said:
What if half the people in our party has it, and the other half doesn't? We'll probably get the same rotation.

Looks like they will have to form their own party some nights :)

Angelcurio

Thi big problem with the new packs is that a lot of us arent still able to buy them since we cant use our CC on the ps store, and sony still hasnt released the PSN cards, so when those maps are finally available, we will be ****ed up.

They should at least let you put money on your wallet via playstation.com using your pc :(

Bookey

Professional Monk
Ill be back on resistance when new maps hit, hope to see you all guess i should get back into game shape and get my shot back so i dont get raped lol

Top Bottom