• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

FightyF

Banned
Angelcurio said:
Thi big problem with the new packs is that a lot of us arent still able to buy them since we cant use our CC on the ps store, and sony still hasnt released the PSN cards, so when those maps are finally available, we will be ****ed up.

They should at least let you put money on your wallet via playstation.com using your pc :(

Just curious, what's stopping you from using your CC in the PS Store? Ie. does it not accept AmEx?

Kittonwy

Banned
4367b02f452d5.jpg

^^ AWWWW... ARE YOU SAD CUZ YOU DIDN'T GET INTO TEH WARHAWK BETA!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

WELL CHEER UP!!! YOU CAN TAKE OUT YOUR ANGER ON A PARTICULAR SOMEONE BY BLOWING UP TEH BARRELS NEXT TO HIM!!! RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! ENJOY THOSE CHIMERA VS. CHIMERA TDMS WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

patsu

Fight for Freeform said:
What if half the people in our party has it, and the other half doesn't? We'll probably get the same rotation.

Em.... they get to play half the game... and the other half we all get to deliver double damage :D

Angelcurio

Fight for Freeform said:
Just curious, what's stopping you from using your CC in the PS Store? Ie. does it not accept AmEx?
I receive some weird technical error at the end of the proccess. I think it has something to do with the fact that you have to forward ports in your router and i dont know how to do it on my SpeedTouch 536. The instructions i can find all over the web show a menu for changing settings different to the one i actually see.

I can do some things on my ps3 like play resistance online, download stuff, use Folding, but i cant do other like play Motorstorm online, it always tells me that it was unable to connect to the motorstorm servers.

So either i wait for the PSN cards, or find a way to forward ports on my router, or i will have to find a new router.

lunlunqq

OverHeat said:
I should start playing again...its been a good 3 months since I played with you guys.

so where have you been? you know that anything other than woman won't be a good enough reason for leaving resistance...

OverHeat

« generous god »
lunlunqq said:
so where have you been? you know that anything other than woman won't be a good enough reason for leaving resistance...

playing Gears and now the Halo 3 beta....shame on me :(

Aeon712

I just wanna say screw the deserters that left to play WoWHawk before I got on :). Still had some fun games last night with those that remained except that Somerset CTF where they had too laggers come after the flag while the other 6 stayed in base.

Kittonwy

Banned
kitten.jpg

^^ STOP HIDING IN TEH BUCKET!!! COME OUT AND FIGHT!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! TO BATTLE... GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Sorry I missed the games last night. But after watching an awesome UFC card, which included consuming quite a few drinky-drinks, I wouldn't have been able to do much, I think.

F***ing laggers. I just remember someone kept screaming, "Don't shoot at him. Tag him!" and then of course I would die in my usual fashion. Seriously that game lasted like 30-40 min. or something. I totally had more kills than deaths in the TDM before that, though. A first for me. :)

SleazyC

Just got back from school and went over to a friends house to show him how great the online component of Resistance was. Just did a quickie capture the flag 3 on 3 and go into a game with a guy who was shooting rockets through walls and that seemed to explode twice as I would take initial damage and see the rocket explode once but then would die about 3 seconds later. Has cheating ramped up since I stopped playing about 3 months ago?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SleazyC said:
Just got back from school and went over to a friends house to show him how great the online component of Resistance was. Just did a quickie capture the flag 3 on 3 and go into a game with a guy who was shooting rockets through walls and that seemed to explode twice as I would take initial damage and see the rocket explode once but then would die about 3 seconds later. Has cheating ramped up since I stopped playing about 3 months ago?

No. I think you have simply been a victim of the alternative LAARK firing mode (little rockets coming from the big one stopped mid-air L1+R1).

Dunno about the wall thing. That's probably glitching.

EDIT: beaten

calder

What the hell is gamebattle anyway? Always wondered what ppl are talking about when they mention it.

Oh, and is there any info that I should know about fighting laggers? I'm not sure if I've ever even seen someone actually cheating, mainly because I'm not sure what to look for. Except for last night when I'd swear I shot that one guy in the back from 10 feet away at least 50 times while he was taking it in the face from one of you guys and he didn't die but instead killed us both. That was a giant pile of bullshit. Map exploits are pretty obvious, getting shot form a guy off the map isn't usually too subtle.

Is it like warping around lag cheating like back in Quake?

I wouldn't say cheating has ramped up since 3 months ago, it is about the same as it was then. Still pretty rare, but it is there sometimes. Whenever GAF clan does find a glitcher camping in a wall, we can usually dig him out with an Auger, and keep him at bay.

Insomniac fixed a few exploits of course, but now people have found work-arounds and/or entirely new ones.

The patch next week is supposed to address a bunch of these, plus, Insomniac is going to start cracking down in some new ways against not only cheaters, but also against a much more-widespread problem, quitters.

calder said:
What the hell is gamebattle anyway? Always wondered what ppl are talking about when they mention it.

http://www.gamebattles.com/

It's an external site for setting up games against clans. It is for "competitive" clans. It's pretty silly, because, in the end, who really cares? Well, not GAF Clan anyway, we aren't "competitive," we play for fun, even though generally, the GAF Clan is pretty dangerous, especially in Obj.

calder said:
Oh, and is there any info that I should know about fighting laggers? I'm not sure if I've ever even seen someone actually cheating, mainly because I'm not sure what to look for. Except for last night when I'd swear I shot that one guy in the back from 10 feet away at least 50 times while he was taking it in the face from one of you guys and he didn't die but instead killed us both. That was a giant pile of bullshit. Map exploits are pretty obvious, getting shot form a guy off the map isn't usually too subtle.

Is it like warping around lag cheating like back in Quake?

Best way to deal with them is the tag. If you can tag a lagger, they are just as dead as anybody else.

Later, you can report them to cheating @ myresistance.net

Aeon712

Team Vernia said:
F***ing laggers. I just remember someone kept screaming, "Don't shoot at him. Tag him!" and then of course I would die in my usual fashion. Seriously that game lasted like 30-40 min. or something. I totally had more kills than deaths in the TDM before that, though. A first for me. :)
That would be me:lol, Like Pristine just said if you tag them no matter how much they lag the bullets still find them:).

Resistance hates me.
:lol

SleazyC

TTP said:
No. I think you have simply been a victim of the alternative LAARK firing mode (little rockets coming from the big one stopped mid-air L1+R1).

Dunno about the wall thing. That's probably glitching.

EDIT: beaten
Prior to my hiatus I used to play pretty hardcore and I was pretty sure I knew how the secondary fire of the LAARK worked. Thing is, I didn't see the rocket stop midair, it blew up in front of my feet a couple times and took of 1 or 2 bars and then 2-3 seconds later I would just die. If it wasn't for the delay in death then I wouldn't think anything was going on but the whole bit about taking 1-2 bars of damage first and then just randomly dying kind of was weird.

Aeon712

SleazyC said:
Prior to my hiatus I used to play pretty hardcore and I was pretty sure I knew how the secondary fire of the LAARK worked. Thing is, I didn't see the rocket stop midair, it blew up in front of my feet a couple times and took of 1 or 2 bars and then 2-3 seconds later I would just die. If it wasn't for the delay in death then I wouldn't think anything was going on but the whole bit about taking 1-2 bars of damage first and then just randomly dying kind of was weird.
It could've been the third fire, or lag. Me and Efertlis have both been hit by laarks that fly pass our head and then a couple seconds later we die.

calder

Pristine_Condition said:
http://www.gamebattles.com/

It's an external site for setting up games against clans. It is for "competitive" clans. It's pretty silly, because, in the end, who really cares? Well, not GAF Clan anyway, we aren't "competitive," we play for fun, even though generally, the GAF Clan is pretty dangerous, especially in Obj.
Ahh, thanks for info. That does sound pretty boring.

As I was trying to say last night (but nobody could hear me, ****ing cheapass motorola headset) you can tell how good GAF clan is looking at my stats. I'm obviously a pretty mediocre player with the poor kill/death ratio to match, but I have an extremely nice win/lose record in ranked matches thanks to you guys. :)

Aeon712

If you have bought the maps you will have an option to choose if you want to play on the new or old maps.
Sweet, so guessing those of us buying the maps will be playing them Thursday and Friday. We might need two Gaf parties.

careksims

calder said:
Ahh, thanks for info. That does sound pretty boring.

As I was trying to say last night (but nobody could hear me, ****ing cheapass motorola headset) you can tell how good GAF clan is looking at my stats. I'm obviously a pretty mediocre player with the poor kill/death ratio to match, but I have an extremely nice win/lose record in ranked matches thanks to you guys. :)

GAF is LEGION!

M3Freak

Banned
TONX said:
Thank freakin' god!

This is my online experience last night with Resistance. No Exaggeration.

Somerset
Somerset
Grimsby
Somerset
Manchester
Somerset
The Mall
Somerset
Somerset
Somerset
Somerset
Subway
U.S.S. Lexington
Somerset
Rooftops

No Nottingham!
had to get that far to get to Rooftops, my favorite level :(

Somerset used to be so much fun, but now we play on it too much, and snipers almost always ruin the matches - they're too hard to take down once they setup.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Sweet, so guessing those of us buying the maps will be playing them Thursday and Friday. We might need two Gaf parties.

Can't wait! The new maps looks awesome - did you see the videos?

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
Can't wait! The new maps looks awesome - did you see the videos?
Knew I forgot something, watching them now. For those that don't know what we are talking about Beatbox posted the link on the last page.

*Edit*Enemy names don't pop up blue on my screen, I want that.
*Edit2* I wouldve won the Camborne DM easily, also at 1:21 I can see where hiding with a shotgun will be a pain on that map.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Aeon712 said:
*Edit*Enemy names don't pop up blue on my screen, I want that.

Be advised colors are ****ed up in those vids. Red (explosions) is blu and everything else in black and white.

M3Freak

Banned
TTP said:
Be advised colors are ****ed up in those vids. Red (explosions) is blu and everything else in black and white.

Ok. I thought maybe they were playing with colours to make easier for everyone to see who is who, but I guess that's just wrong.

Anyway, I watched the higher res version of those vids, and noticed a few things I didn't the first time:

* the meltdown map @ Camborne has nodes underground, reachable by jumping down a massive shaft!! Holy shit - awesome.
* pretty, pretty trees @ Camborne. Nice!
* It's raining in the Camborne meltdown match - wicked!
* the tunnels map = wow. That's going to be shotgun-grenade-auger heaven. If there are LAARKs too, it's going to be utter mayhem in bigger mash ups.

What else did I miss from those short clips?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hi all,

I'm back. Sounds like I missed a crazy week with the game servers being wonky, MyResistance.net going down for a bit and the GameSpy stuff.

But I learned how to sandboard, so it's all good.

Anyways - I'll be around once I've recovered from the 30+ hour trip.

Aeon712

jstevenson said:
hi all,

I'm back. Sounds like I missed a crazy week with the game servers being wonky, MyResistance.net going down for a bit and the GameSpy stuff.

Doesn't see pictures of Hot Brazilian Woman, you let me down Stevenson :(.
M3Freak said:
* the meltdown map @ Camborne has nodes underground, reachable by jumping down a massive shaft!! Holy shit - awesome.
Shaft jumping is going to be awesome.

careksims

jstevenson said:
hi all,

Welcome back! :D Hope you got some funny stories to tell or just an estimate on when we'll get those maps >.>

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
hi all,

What's a sandboard?
gladtomeetya.gif

Anyway, welcome back. Even with the Warhawk beta, our clan still has excellent turnouts on game nights. Four more days before May ends, can't wait for the new maps.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Kittonwy said:
What's a sandboard?
gladtomeetya.gif

Anyway, welcome back. Even with the Warhawk beta, our clan still has excellent turnouts on game nights. Four more days before May ends, can't wait for the new maps.

How about a tryout for me later on tonight? Just send a f/r PSN: vertigo87

M3Freak

Banned
Shyyyyyte. I'm stuck at a K/D of .958. I'm having the hardest time getting the gap below 400. I've been playing like shit for a month now.

Upside: K/D isn't getting worse.
Downside: Aeon is taking me to the cleaners.

Dear Aeon,

You suck.

Regards,

m3freak.

FightyF

Banned
I'm not too concerned with my K/D. I started out real good because I was playing FFA DM, and it's really easy to identify the enemy in that mode (basically anything that moves)...but once I got into team modes...I have this urge to go solo and aggressive despite the wedge going on...and I do pretty bad.

This past Friday though I stuck with the wedge and while I got less kills, I think I did better because I had far less deaths. I think I was 4 and 2 in one round...whereas typically I would be 8 and 12. When it comes to TDM, dying less often is just as important to the team as getting more kills...I suppose.

I don't know how my mic will operate tonight...if it doesn't work again, I'll be the guy on the seperate channel going on the extreme offensive (ie. going over to their side and causing a ruckus on their nodes). Im teh wildcard!

Top Bottom