• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

Hmm, Worldwide servers+new maps+War Hawk Beta for tomorrow...or maybe I used my selfish powers to break Resistance so no one else can play. The T.O of Resistance strikes again :lol
I really had nothing to do with it

Aeon712 said:
Hmm, Worldwide servers+new maps+War Hawk Beta for tomorrow...or maybe I used my selfish powers to break Resistance so no one else can play. The T.O of Resistance strikes again :lol
I really had nothing to do with it
YEAH THE SERVERs ARE UP!!!!

dsc02288fi6.jpg

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
YEAH THE SERVERs ARE UP!!!!

dsc02288fi6.jpg
LMFAO :lol

I'll see if I can get on later so I expect nothing less then complete ownage in my absense. Also my sister took my Maroon 5 cd before I even burned it to my pc or ipod :(.

calder

Yikes, the same weird disconnect as I had a few weeks ago (and again my PC had just finished installing a Windows Update - thank god Windows doesn't have a security update several times a month or anything :p) and then when I quit Resistance just now without leaving the party first it locked up hard on me. Had to hard-reset, complete with scary fast beeps from the console and a longer than normal restart. *gulp* I'm cursed at this game, and not just in the obvious 'i kinda suck' way you can tell from my stats. :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Awesome time again.

Slowly getting better...

And uh...Tanod, stop owning me in melee only. It was kinda embarrassing... like...Aeon listening to Maroon 5 embarrassing...

Kittonwy

Banned
RubxQub said:
Awesome time again.

Slowly getting better...

And uh...Tanod, stop owning me in melee only. It was kinda embarrassing... like...Aeon listening to Maroon 5 embarrassing...

Listening to Maroon 5 gives Aeon something to believe in...
hem.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
RubxQub said:
Awesome time again.

Slowly getting better...

I can't help it if the butt of my gun enjoys your face so much. I had a lot of practice doing melee only when I was getting my 85% accuracy medals so it might be a little unfair.... or not.

Great games tonight. On the last game before I quit, we had 17 players in a 16 player meltdown match. We were up against another clan and somehow, one of their guys got stuck on our side in the first round. The teams were evenly matched and we slaughtered them in that round. Through the magic of round balancing, the guy went back into his party for the second round and we proceeded to whoop them again. So awesome.

BTW, Nosferatu was being a dick.

ChryZ

Argh, only to be able to play on the weekend sucks. Guys, please don't have so much fun without me T_T

Maggot9 said:
good games tonight, finally got my 100kills with each weapon medal.:)
Congrats! I'm quite close to it myself. Oh and I finally joined the maxed-out supreme commander ranks :D

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
Some hints/details from SCEJ regarding the map-pack:

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070525/ps3dl.htm

-release date 1st of June
-map names are Camborne and Westmoreland (bitchin katakana, Waist Moorland?)
-necessary HDD capacity is 312MB or more
-price 800yen (~$6-7)
Since the servers are world wide guess the maps are coming out for us the 31st maybe? And to all you WarHawk junkies don't forget tonight is Resistance night :). Our aiming is gonna be off :(.

Aeon712

Fight for Freeform said:
Anyone planning to play tonight?
Me, Sutdawg and Efertlis all said we'd be on, no Beta is good enough to take us away from Resistance. Plus my k/d is almost at 1.2(1.194 oh so close)

ChryZ

I'll be on, donno if I'll make it to todays' clan gathering though.

Just 12 sniper kills and those "up your arsenal" and "sniper" medals will be mine.
I almost had the "20 kills" medal, but some f*cktard had to stop me after my 15th kill :(

ROFL

Hail Britannia
ChryZ said:
Some hints/details from SCEJ regarding the map-pack:

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070525/ps3dl.htm

-release date 1st of June
-map names are Camborne and Westmoreland (bitchin katakana, Waste Moorland?)
-necessary HDD capacity is 312MB or more
-price 800yen (~$6-7)

[UNLURK]

Just to let you know, the proper spelling is 'Westmorland', as per the real town - the extra 'e' apparently crept in during an earlier press release.
(I guess Waste Moorland is perfectly acceptable too)

[LURK]

I'd like to play tonight, but I'm not in the clan yet. I sent my details to Kaching, but can anyone invite me to play tonight? My PSN name is "Team Vernia."

- Thanks

Big-E

Aeon712 said:
I thought the I hate Incognito tag was cause you didn't get the beta...

When I checked on the beta site it said I was hosed. But when I went to the PS Store last night it was there.

tanod

when is my burrito
Big-E said:
When I checked on the beta site it said I was hosed. But when I went to the PS Store last night it was there.

I didn't have anything on the beta site, nothing in transaction management and nothing in my store. See you guys tonight IN RESISTANCE, although a bit later for me than usual.

Yen translated to dollars on the store has been 100 to 1. I expect the maps to come out at $8. :(

Maps = $6 or bust.

ChryZ

ROFL said:
[UNLURK]

Just to let you know, the proper spelling is 'Westmorland', as per the real town - the extra 'e' apparently crept in during an earlier press release.
(I guess Waste Moorland is perfectly acceptable too)

[LURK]
I was a bit in a hurry and had no time to google for correct matches. So cheers for helping out!

Interesting locations:

39 Camborne
70 Westmorland

UKCountyMap.jpg

Anzu

Banned
Was playing earlier and I'm still loving this.

Dunno about you guys but I'm a huge Grimsby Team Deathmatch whore :D Is there any maps that you guys prefer over Grimsby?

Also have you guys tweaked the controls? I'm using default but I wonder if a different setup would increase performance/skill in combat.

And ROFL, do you have any idea if the map pack downloaded from the UK store will work with the Japanese version of the game?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Team Vernia said:
I'd like to play tonight, but I'm not in the clan yet. I sent my details to Kaching, but can anyone invite me to play tonight? My PSN name is "Team Vernia."

- Thanks
I got your PM, TV, and I'll have an invite sent your way before tonight's games.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Anzu said:
Was playing earlier and I'm still loving this.

Dunno about you guys but I'm a huge Grimsby Team Deathmatch whore :D Is there any maps that you guys prefer over Grimsby?

Also have you guys tweaked the controls? I'm using default but I wonder if a different setup would increase performance/skill in combat.

And ROFL, do you have any idea if the map pack downloaded from the UK store will work with the Japanese version of the game?

Busyard>Grimsby>>Rooftops>Mall>>Manchester>>Somerset>Nottingham>Tame

patsu

In general, I like the Grimsby 8 player map, Thames, Bus Yard and the Mall.
Somerset and Subway is a little unbalanced depending on where you spawn.
Manchester can be fun too.

Wish I had known y'all were playing last night. I got on, (too early I guess) saw everybody either offline or in Warhawk (such a bitter pill) so I got into some Calling All Cars.

I'm in tonight though! I'll see you guys on the field.

Can't wait for those new maps!

Good for you on the beta, Big-E...still no Warhawk for HijoDelLocoRoco or good ol' Tanod though. :(

Big-E

Pristine_Condition said:
Wish I had known y'all were playing last night. I got on, (too early I guess) saw everybody either offline or in Warhawk (such a bitter pill) so I got into some Calling All Cars.

I'm in tonight though! I'll see you guys on the field.

Can't wait for those new maps!

Good for you on the beta, Big-E...still no Warhawk for HijoDelLocoRoco or good ol' Tanod though. :(

I kind of don't want to play the beta cause I feel kinda bad that not everyone in the wedge has a chance to play. I will be on Resistance tonight to join up with you guys.

tanod

when is my burrito
Pristine_Condition said:

Song for the night just popped into my head.

Just some good 'ol boys
Never "meant no harm" / "played no WarHawk"
Just two somethin' somethin' somethin' runnin' from the law
since the day they were born

/Dukes of Hazzard theme

I hate Dukes of Hazzard but my wife likes the show. Between Desperate Housewives on Sundays and Days of Our Lives right after I get off work, her taste in TV SUCKS!!!!! and interferes with the times I'd like to play Resistance. At least with Housewives, the season finale was last week so I can play earlier on Sundays.

Where's Kittonwy today?
By the way, read my next post, new guys.

tanod

when is my burrito
I'll try to add some flavor but I'm not Kittonwy so I can't promise anything. \/\/

kitten_jar.jpg

^^ "Nope. No WarHawk beta in here. I guess I'll play some Resistance. At least it won't lock up every 2 seconds. :p"

GAME BATTLE TIME
angry.gif

FRIDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING SO SACK UP BITCHES!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.
800 yen in Japan on June 1st CONFIRMED so far.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment
[/QUOTE]

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Big-E said:
I kind of don't want to play the beta cause I feel kinda bad that not everyone in the wedge has a chance to play. I will be on Resistance tonight to join up with you guys.

Noble.

...but I assure you, if I had that beta, I'd be playing it. (Not on Resistance nights though.) So have fun with it.

I just hope that after the month you guys play, you'll miraculously forget everything you learned before the game finally comes out. I hate feeling that I'm going to be hopelessly behind the learning curve.

But this thread ain't about Warhawk...it's all about RESISTANCE!!!

Faster GAF! KILL! KILL!

:D

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
Song for the night just popped into my head.

Just some good 'ol boys
Never "meant no harm" / "played no WarHawk"
Just two somethin' somethin' somethin' runnin' from the law
since the day they were born

/Dukes of Hazzard theme

I hate Dukes of Hazzard but my wife likes the show. Between Desperate Housewives on Sundays and Days of Our Lives right after I get off work, her taste in TV SUCKS!!!!! and interferes with the times I'd like to play Resistance. At least with Housewives, the season finale was last week so I can play earlier on Sundays.

Where's Kittonwy today?
By the way, read my next post, new guys.

Where am I? I'm at work. I'll be playing on the regular nights irrespective of the warhawk beta.

Oh nice job on the roll call, but darn it you recycled the picture!!!
angry.gif

Top Bottom