• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Beatbox said:
Wooptie doo. One week. No big deal.

It's TWO weeks for us European. If we are lucky...

And obviously nobody really bothers with an official date for Europe. We have to wait "just a bit longer". :(

rc213

Pristine_Condition said:
Truth is spoken.

Goodness gracious, Sony management. You guys make a good product, (whenever you manage to actually make one, that is,) but you fellas really suck a fat **** when it comes to running a company.

When I started typing this rant, I was going to list all the delayed things PS3 owners have had to wait through, from the delayed console launches, to various delays in console firmware functionality, to the delays in Blu-ray movie releases and Blu-ray Java functionality, to the delays in big-name PS3 software titles, and the delays in even smaller titles PSN titles like FlOw and Calling All Cars, and even the delays of getting some damn demos and video clips up on the Playstation Store...

You know what? I can't.

I would have an easier time listing the things that Sony has managed to deliver on-time this gen, because that list would be far smaller than the list of delays.

This is not an acceptable way of treating your customers, Greg. And waiting to tell us, in the eleventh hour, on a message board, that the update we all were led to believe was coming tomorrow is a huge slap in the face.

**** you guys. Learn to run a company and take care of your customers, or step aside and let someone else do it.

Note: This rant is not directed at JS or Insomniac. I'm looking square at you, Sony management. Get your **** together.

AYE! Still waiting for a 1080i Fix!!! >=\

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
TTP said:
It's TWO weeks for us European. If we are lucky...

And obviously nobody really bothers with an official date for Europe. We have to wait "just a bit longer". :(

No, Europe is lined up with the rest of the territories now. While I can't 100% confirm anything because it's Sony, I can say that I fully expect Europe to launch the maps (and the global server of course) at the same time as US, Japan, and Asia. And that time being next week June 7th.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
neogaf_cage_free said:
No, Europe is lined up with the rest of the territories now. While I can't 100% confirm anything because it's Sony, I can say that I fully expect Europe to launch the maps (and the global server of course) at the same time as US, Japan, and Asia. And that time being next week June 7th.

I'd love that. Fingers crossed.

Mmmkay

What does this say for MotorStorm? Are they really going to roll out major patches and DLC content for the two highest profile PS3 games on the same week (nee, day)?

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
Wooptie doo. One week. No big deal.
It's a big deal to me that they waited till the day before to say anything. I hope Warhawk freezing gets fixed on Monday so I can save my 8$ for Super Stardust.

Greg

Aeon712 said:
It's a big deal to me that they waited till the day before to say anything. I hope Warhawk freezing gets fixed on Monday so I can save my 8$ for Super Stardust.
Boycott the maps, just like you did with CAC.:lol

Aeon712

Greg said:
Boycott the maps, just like you did with CAC.:lol
That's how I roll :), though I'd still might get them after Warhawk beta ends, I end Sigma/Lair/Heavenly Sword and get tired of Madden(Summer looks good for me).

Madman

You guys wonder why Sony doesn't announce release dates. They should just keep everyone completely in the dark, because you guys seem like you can't handle the light.

Greg

Madman said:
You guys wonder why Sony doesn't announce release dates. They should just keep everyone complately in the dark, because you guys seem like you can't handle the light.
Yes, we are all vampires.

tanod

when is my burrito
I'm boycotting the 360 right now until they fix their hardware. Do I get a cookie?

Real men
and vampires
follow through, Aeon. :D

Aeon712

tanod said:
I'm boycotting the 360 right now until they fix their hardware. Do I get a cookie?

Real men
and vampires
follow through, Aeon. :D
I didn't buy Calling all Cars :).
I can stand doing ffa's for the next 3weeks while I enjoy non freezing WarHawk.

Greg

I just had to do it...
resistance.png

womfalcs3

Banned
Madman said:
You guys wonder why Sony doesn't announce release dates. They should just keep everyone completely in the dark, because you guys seem like you can't handle the light.

That's how Toyota works too...and guess what? Their clandestine ways have catapulted them to the number one position they're in right now. (ie it works)

Remember the introduction of the Prius in 2000? Nobody in the automotive industry was aware of its planning before the final stages of development. It blew away all the Detroit manufacturers by surprise. GM and Ford are 7 years late to the hybrid game.

For all we know, Toyota is planning the mass-production of vehicles powered by PEM fuel cells.

I don't mind the secretive attributes of Sony. I just want the assurance that they are doing wonderful things.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:

What if it the descicion to hold off didn't come down until yesterday, and until that point, we were still optimistic about being on time?

It wouldn't make sense for us to hold back news of a delay like that.

Madman

womfalcs3 said:
That's how Toyota works too...and guess what? Their clandestine ways have catapulted them to the number one position they're in right now. (ie it works)

Remember the introduction of the Prius in 2000? Nobody in the automotive industry was aware of its planning before the final stages of development. It blew away all the Detroit manufacturers by surprise. GM and Ford are 7 years late to the hybrid game.

For all we know, Toyota is planning the mass-production of vehicles powered by PEM fuel cells.

I don't mind the secretive attributes of Sony. I just want the assurance that they are doing wonderful things.
I don't think they need to be 100% quiet. But announcing any form of release date seems to cause more harm then good, at least here. If something is a week late, it causes a unecessary uproar. The funny thing, is that on the flip side people are demanding release dates, although at this point they would be inaccurate.

It really is a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. They give a release date early, people complain about delays. They don't give release dates, people complain they are too secretive.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jstevenson said:
What if it the descicion to hold off didn't come down until yesterday, and until that point, we were still optimistic about being on time?

It wouldn't make sense for us to hold back news of a delay like that.

I think he was referring to Sony, not you/Insomniac.

I myself would hardly believe that Sony discovered just yesterday they werent ready to go ww. If they did, well, what a coincidence.

f0nz0

this game is awesome, awesome is this game! i just got a ps3 not too long ago, had a few reservations about picking it up, but the i popped in resistance and all i can say is wowzers, this fps has got to have some of the best pacing for this type of genre everrrrr, super game!

Aeon712

Now that I've had a couple of drinks at work(Monster) I forgive Sony for not wanting to send Resistance to die twice this time against a Ratatouille trailer. Smart move :).

Aeon712

f0nz0 said:
this game is awesome, awesome is this game! i just got a ps3 not too long ago, had a few reservations about picking it up, but the i popped in resistance and all i can say is wowzers, this fps has got to have some of the best pacing for this type of genre everrrrr, super game!
Welcome to the family, besides Red Faction this is the only FPS that I truly like. Join us online for some games.

TTP said:
I think he was referring to Sony, not you/Insomniac.

I myself would hardly believe that Sony discovered just yesterday they werent ready to go ww. If they did, well, what a coincidence.

Yeah, JS...I'm upset with Sony management, not you guys. You guys make great games, and you guys actually delivered a great product like Resistance on time, at launch, like you said you would.

Sony, on the other hand, is late with almost everything this gen. They have rolled back timetables on everything, time and time again. It is maddening to be a Playstation 3 owner trying to plan what we are going to spend our hard-earned cash on, and when.

And I'm with TTP thinking, "what a heck of a coincidence," when they go and spring the news of this delay on us fans at the eleventh hour, so to speak. It sucks.

...but don't worry about Aeon, JS. We'll handle him. If he doesn't buy the new maps when they come out so he can play with the rest of the clan, I'm going to PM him pictures of each and every one of Emmitt Smith's 2384 rushing yards against the Eagles.

If that doesn't break him, there's the video of Jerry Jones dancing, which Jack Bauer won't even use against captured terrorists...

6bm62r7.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Seriously Sony should give everybody at Insomniac bonuses. Without Resistance having such longevity online, the PS3 ecosystem would be frozen tundra. I have never regreted my launch day purchase because of it. It's always fun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Guileless said:
Seriously Sony should give everybody at Insomniac bonuses. Without Resistance having such longevity online, the PS3 ecosystem would be frozen tundra. I have never regreted my launch day purchase because of it. It's always fun.

QFT.

speaking of Insomniac I saw Ratchet and Clank on Electric Playground today. Vic was interviewing the producer of R&C PS3. Anyway they showed the on rail boss fight from the original trailer and then on rail boss fight from Sony Gamers day. For some reason the on rail stuff from gamers day was really slow paced compared to the trailer.

Did you guys tone the speed down since releasing trailer? The game feels so slow now :/

Aeon712

I'm going to PM him pictures of each and every one of Emmitt Smith's 2384 rushing yards against the Eagles.
Pffft you guys had a record of 12-14 against us the years Emmitt was yall running back :p.

I played so angry last night, it really effected my game but tonight I'll be happy giggling Aeon that only gets ticked off when he gets one hit killed by the shotgun. Hope the delayed update fixes that balence issue and how fast it spawns. No wonder it's so easy for whole teams to get one.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Pffft you guys had a record of 12-14 against us the years Emmitt was yall running back :p.

I played so angry last night, it really effected my game but tonight I'll be happy giggling Aeon that only gets ticked off when he gets one hit killed by the shotgun. Hope the delayed update fixes that balence issue and how fast it spawns. No wonder it's so easy for whole teams to get one.

:lol Yeah dude....you were either silent or cursing about something. Not the Aeon I normally play with.

Last night at the Hangar I went 32-7 the first round and 29-7 the seconds round for a monster total of 61-14. Good times.

FightyF

Banned
Guileless said:

Pretty much. If it weren't for Resistance I would have returned my PS3 a long time ago.

The fact that I can pop it on tonight and it's still fun (and the fact that there are no lag issues, and also the fun team objective gametypes)...the fact that I'm not sick of it yet, despite playing it for months on end...says a lot about the game.

Insomniac is not to blame...if anything it's Sony. I mean, I don't mind the delay of the update...but then again as a multiconsole owner I have 3 other games I'm really really into at the moment. I'm sure some PS3-only owners don't have much to play and were really looking forward to this update as a result...but that's not Insomniac's fault.

Anyways...I'm down for some Resistance tonight.

bon_jovi.jpg

She says we gotta hold on, to the Nodes we've got
It doesn't make a difference if we lose Delta or not
We've captured Papa, and that's enough to stay above...
We'll give it a shot!

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Fight for Freeform said:
We'll give it a shot!

:lol :lol

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
Last night at the Hangar I went 32-7 the first round and 29-7 the seconds round for a monster total of 61-14. Good times.
Pics or it didn't happen

totally obvious reason to give you a chance to post the pics

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doom_Bringer said:
For some reason the on rail stuff from gamers day was really slow paced compared to the trailer.

Did you guys tone the speed down since releasing trailer? The game feels so slow now :/
It's called editing, D_B. One was a trailer cut to provide an enticing glimpse of the game and the other was footage of an actual interactive demo. Are you really not able to sort that out yourself?

Fight for Freeform said:
bon_jovi.jpg

We'll give it a shot!

Awesome. However:

"We don't like that metrosexual Bon Jovi...."

4qeceaf.jpg

"Our family likes the old-school Bon Jovi!"

:lol

Aeon712

Oh yea I wanted to tell Kitton that me and Efertlis played with a guy that went 1-30+ might'vs been 40+:lol. He fired over 800 shots so he wasn't going for his 85%medal. Safe to say we lost that game as not even me and efertlis could balence that :lol.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
Oh yea I wanted to tell Kitton that me and Efertlis played with a guy that went 1-30+ might'vs been 40+:lol. He fired over 800 shots so he wasn't going for his 85%medal. Safe to say we lost that game as not even me and efertlis could balence that :lol.

That's not fair. On top of having a bad night (stats-wise), I was also demoing the MP to my friend, and drinking. Plus, I wasn't that bad.

:'( *runs away*

TBH, I actually did have a bad game (full two rounds) on Tuesday where I want 4 and 20-something, trying to get my last 4 auger kills for my medal. Needless to say, in that round, I was only able to get one. I still have one kill or so left. :mad:

Kittonwy

Banned
pusses_in_boots.jpg

^^ SHAKING IN YOUR BOOTS??? DON'T WORRY TEH GAF WEDGE HAS GOT YO BACK!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!! GAMEBATTLE WON'T LET YOU DOWN!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
You guys are crying about a 1 week delay??? Delays and video games go like teeth and toungue. When you get teeth, it might sting a little but the overall experience is still good. :D

Top Bottom