• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

JB1981

Yea i got 4 chat invitations.

You guys are making me think the game has XMB voice chat in game. God, don't do that to me!

Remy

I think this is the 5th clan night in a row that I've joined the party and gotten the "Player Kicked" as soon as we join the first game.

So frustrating. I can only hope the next patch resolves my issues. "Player Kicked" is my exploding barrel. :(

Big-E

Remy said:
I think this is the 5th clan night in a row that I've joined the party and gotten the "Player Kicked" as soon as we join the first game.

So frustrating. I can only hope the next patch resolves my issues. "Player Kicked" is my exploding barrel. :(

Remy, are you on wireless? Since the update a lot of people have been having problems. Disabling the media sharing seems to help.

Remy

Big-E said:
Remy, are you on wireless? Since the update a lot of people have been having problems. Disabling the media sharing seems to help.

I am, although this was happening before the update as well. I'll turn off the media server stuff and pop back on in a few.

Big-E

Remy said:
I am, although this was happening before the update as well. I'll turn off the media server stuff and pop back on in a few.

You might need to set up a static ip for your PS3 and put DMZ to open. The update knocked my connection down to NAT 3 and I could not finish a game.

Aeon712

Our little chat party limited the amount of games I could play tonight but was awesome seeing everyone's pic collection :lol. I really need to add more pictures
More Jessica Alba is a must

rc213

Has the 1080i problem been patched yet?

I have a couple buddies waiting to play this game but they have the Dreaded 1080i TV's.

Kittonwy

Banned
Remy said:
It's good to come back and totally work over some guys from WAR.

Taco Battle 5/29 nevar forget!

That was SO AWESOME.

SO

AWESOME

angry.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Remy said:
It's good to come back and totally work over some guys from WAR.

Taco Battle 5/29 nevar forget!

Me: gg

WAR: "you guys woop us" The fact that this is a direct quote makes it 10x funnier :lol

Awesome awesome chat. Need to pull more pics off of my PC. Media Server rules!

JB1981 said:
Halo 3 has ****ed with my Resistance skills.

Nerf the shotty, Insomniac.

Whaddaya mean "nerf the shotty?" If anything, I think they nerfed it just slightly too much the last time. I'm glad they nerfed it though, since when the game first came out, the secondary fire was just too damn powerful, even from a pretty good distance out.

What I've found is giving me the most trouble going back and forth from the Halo beta to Resistance is just that Resistance feels so fast after you get used to Halo speed again.

That, and the tags!

ChryZ

Awesome ... weekdays all you guys are drinking, but on the weekend I'm the only one?
Or am I the only one who's having a little aiming problem while being drunk?

Dang it, either way: >__<

:lol

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
Our little chat party limited the amount of games I could play tonight but was awesome seeing everyone's pic collection :lol. I really need to add more pictures
More Jessica Alba is a must

haha that was fun. it worked suprisingly well. i was suprised that you can get a full 6 people, i thought it wouldve been capped at 3.

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
Whaddaya mean "nerf the shotty?" If anything, I think they nerfed it just slightly too much the last time. I'm glad they nerfed it though, since when the game first came out, the secondary fire was just too damn powerful, even from a pretty good distance out.
What I've found is giving me the most trouble going back and forth from the Halo beta to Resistance is just that Resistance feels so fast after you get used to Halo speed again.

That, and the tags!
Who are you and what have you done with Tony Romo loving LocoRoco? All Gaf Resistance clan members know that the Shotgun is over powered and has a habit of killing you with one shot from across the room. Heck I didn't even use the secondary last night and was killing people with one shot as a Chimera and they are supposed to be stronger but Humans can kill with one shot from it also. My shotty deaths is my highest death toll after the starter weapons.

xintin

is anyone else having trouble with their stats lately?
i should've gotten the 10 kills in a row medal and the return a flag badge, yet days later they refuse to appear.

am saddened ;-;

Aeon712 said:
Who are you and what have you done with Tony Romo loving LocoRoco? All Gaf Resistance clan members know that the Shotgun is over powered and has a habit of killing you with one shot from across the room. Heck I didn't even use the secondary last night and was killing people with one shot as a Chimera and they are supposed to be stronger but Humans can kill with one shot from it also. My shotty deaths is my highest death toll after the starter weapons.

Well, pretty soon those deaths will be supplanted by EXPLODING BARREL DEATHS, so I don't think you should be so worried about grampa's rusty ole shotty, Aeon.

Oh, and this is for you:

67rzjib.jpg

"Hey YOU...Aeon! Go stand over there! Yeah...by the barrel!!"

And you should be happy anyway:

http://www.ipoddailynews.com/index.php/ipoddailynews/comments/13750/

sutdawg

Beatbox said:
So who's up for some games tonight?

Sorry I won't be home tonight, but if the new maps do come out tomorrow, I am considering playing all night tomorrow and just going to work on Friday on whatever little sleep I get.

Greg

I'm done with Resistance for a while so I can do a few more things with this WoW character before I sell him - I made a killing off of three others, so I'm going to finish this one up before I get back to Resistance.

I might hop on quickly tomorrow to try out the new maps, but other than that, my PS3 won't be getting my activity for another week or so.

sutdawg

Little buddy I've got your back! I may shoot the barrels next to you but no one messes with a fellow Eagles fan, an Eagles fan who happens to be my decoy! Especially a stinkin Cowgirls fan!

LocoRoco remember this play?
6arkebm.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Please forgive me for that cheap shot!
Oh and if you want to join in on the fun of shooting barrels next to Aeon you are more then welcome. :D

tanod

when is my burrito
Pristine_Condition said:

IAWTP

Beatbox: I'll try and get on later tonight to play some games but I'm also gonna help my friend pack some of his things since he's gonna be out of town for a month or two.

In other news, the same friend is letting me borrow his original Xbox and Halo 2 for a month while he's out of town so I can finally see what is up with that game. I have the first on PC and there's no ****ing way I'm buying Vista or a 3-shitty for Halo 2. I don't know if he has a LIVE account so I don't know if I can play online but I'll ask anyway. Really interested to check out the SP campaign.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
tanod said:
IAWTP

Beatbox: I'll try and get on later tonight to play some games but I'm also gonna help my friend pack some of his things since he's gonna be out of town for a month or two.

In other news, the same friend is letting me borrow his original Xbox and Halo 2 for a month while he's out of town so I can finally see what is up with that game. I have the first on PC and there's no ****ing way I'm buying Vista or a 3-shitty for Halo 2. I don't know if he has a LIVE account so I don't know if I can play online but I'll ask anyway. Really interested to check out the SP campaign.

Cool - Me, Aeon, Bob, Hijo and Agent are on now.

careksims

Kittonwy said:
So you guys are using an engine for R&C that does have streaming textures but not progressive mesh, right? The new maps and global servers are tomorrow right?
gladtomeetya.gif

Oh you... where's a barrel when you need one?

Yeah that link about the R&C stuff is a good read. I wonder what the PSN title is.

Blow-the-barrels-next-to-your-friends mini game!

Kittonwy

Banned
careksims said:
Oh you... where's a barrel when you need one?

Yeah that link about the R&C stuff is a good read. I wonder what the PSN title is.

Blow-the-barrels-next-to-your-friends mini game!

ANOTHER WEEK? But I'm ready!!!
angry.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
JB1981 said:
Isn't Motorstorm DLC supposed to be June 7th as well?

Supposed dates for MS content have been all over place but the updates seem to definitely be happening in June.

JS, do you PR types have a flame suit I could borrow? :p

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tanod said:
Supposed dates for MS content have been all over place but the updates seem to definitely be happening in June.

JS, do you PR types have a flame suit I could borrow? :p

I think Greg is wearing mine right now... sorry ;-)

So they delay till june 7th, ok i can live with that but wait whats this europe delayed till whenever scee can pull there finger out there arses great might see them for the release of rfom 2 then what a complete and utter joke.:lol

Aeon712

Since no one else wants to say it I'll just go ahead and say that this delay is bull****, thanks a lot for waiting till the end of the month to tell us that we wouldn't be getting the maps. If the servers aren't up why the heck can't we still get the maps? Unless you're not giving people who don't buy the maps the patch then I see no reason for the servers to delay the maps.

JB1981

Aeon712 said:
Since no one else wants to say it I'll just go ahead and say that this delay is bull****, thanks a lot for waiting till the end of the month to tell us that we wouldn't be getting the maps. If the servers aren't up why the heck can't we still get the maps? Unless you're not giving people who don't buy the maps the patch then I see no reason for the servers to delay the maps.
This is waiting.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:

Well, until today, we still thought it'd be up on time: the maps and patch were completed. Trust us in that today was a hectic day.

And the way it works is that the maps require the patch, and the patch requires the global servers.

As Greg said, the servers weren't ready. So there ya go.

JS

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
supermackem said:
So they delay till june 7th, ok i can live with that but wait whats this europe delayed till whenever scee can pull there finger out there arses great might see them for the release of rfom 2 then what a complete and utter joke.:lol

Europe is making every effort to make that date for the maps.

jstevenson said:
Well, until today, we still thought it'd be up on time, the maps, and patch were completed. Trust us in that today was a hectic day.

And the way it works is that the maps require the patch, and the patch require the global servers.

So there you have it.

JS

Can you send a pigeon carrier to scee and ask them when they will be turning the water mill to power up the map maker so us lowly third rate euros can join the new map fun.

Aeon712 said:
Correction, this is bullcrap

Truth is spoken.

Goodness gracious, Sony management. You guys make a good product, (whenever you manage to actually make one, that is,) but you fellas really suck a fat **** when it comes to running a company.

When I started typing this rant, I was going to list all the delayed things PS3 owners have had to wait through, from the delayed console launches, to various delays in console firmware functionality, to the delays in Blu-ray movie releases and Blu-ray Java functionality, to the delays in big-name PS3 software titles, and the delays in even smaller titles PSN titles like FlOw and Calling All Cars, and even the delays of getting some damn demos and video clips up on the Playstation Store...

You know what? I can't.

I would have an easier time listing the things that Sony has managed to deliver on-time this gen, because that list would be far smaller than the list of delays.

This is not an acceptable way of treating your customers, Greg. And waiting to tell us, in the eleventh hour, on a message board, that the update we all were led to believe was coming tomorrow is a huge slap in the face.

**** you guys. Learn to run a company and take care of your customers, or step aside and let someone else do it.

Note: This rant is not directed at JS or Insomniac. I'm looking square at you, Sony management. Get your **** together.

JB1981

Pristine_Condition said:
Truth is spoken.

Goodness gracious, Sony management. You guys make a good product, (whenever you manage to actually make one, that is,) but you fellas really suck a fat **** when it comes to running a company.

I was going to list all the delayed things PS3 owners have had to wait through, from the delayed console launches, to various delays in console firmware functionality, to the delays in Blu-ray movie releases and Blu-ray Java functionality, to the delays in big-name PS3 software titles, and the delays in even smaller titles PSN titles like FlOw and Calling All Cars, and even the delays of getting some damn demos and video clips up on the Playstation Store...

You know what? I can't.

I would have an easier time listing the things that Sony has managed to deliver on-time this gen, because that list would be far smaller than the list of delays.

This is not an acceptable way of treating your customers, Greg. And waiting to tell us, in the eleventh hour, on a message board, that the update we all were led to believe was coming tomorrow is a huge slap in the face.

**** you guys. Learn to run a company and take care of your customers, or step aside and let someone else do it.

Note: This rant is not directed at JS or Insomniac. I'm looking square at you, Sony management. Get your **** together.

It's been a pretty rough go. No denying that.

tanod

when is my burrito
Of all the launch titles originally announced, we're still waiting for over half of the 1st party stuff. If not for Resistance, I would probably be feeling really ****ing stupid about buying a PS3 now.

Sony does need to get their shit together!!! You'd think that with the problems of delays, they wouldn't be laying people off. They'd be hiring them.

Remember last year at this time when WarHawk and Heavenly Sword were launch titles. Yeah, I sure as hell do. Come on Mr. Harrison. Talk to your customers. When are these games coming. Release dates, now plzkthxbye

EDIT: Sorry guys I didn't make it on tonight like I hoped. I got stuck playing around with the new PSP firmware.

Top Bottom