• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
My controller is acting a bit weird (it would slightly ease me to the left for some reason), so I had to end it earlier than usual, I'm going to pick up a new one, I tried taking it apart and putting it back together but it didn't help much, I did manage to put it back together without breaking anything or losing any screws but I would recommend people NOT to even try it, it's very tricky.

I also tested out Nottingham Breach offline, there IS a way to auger the base node without actually going into the tunnel, yes I know that for a fact, I just haven't figured out how to line up my shots.

EDIT: I'm VERY CLOSE to figuring it all out... VERY CLOSE.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
Yet so humble, hehe ... for the record: I was a little awesome too, uhm well, at least for one round :lol

Another 4 stealth kills, 40 to go :D
Yea I was too humble tonight, I mean come on I said I'm only worth 8 players when I'm playing bad :).

It is official.

I <3 the Arc Charger.

Now I just need 80-something more kills with it.

:D

That was a pretty awesome game of Assault to close out the night. Too bad the team wasn't the All-GAF All-Stars instead of just eight of us, because I think we'd have won much quicker and more decisively with the big group.

Still, a win is a win, and that was great.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Greg said:
It better count this shit - I had 20 kill streak on that last assault match.

Sorry buddy. It only counts in Deathmatch.

I had a 25 streak in Breach tonight and nothing to show for it. I also got another damn 19 kill spree in a TDM game on Lexington. So close.

careksims

Pristine_Condition said:
It is official.

I <3 the Arc Charger.

Now I just need 80-something more kills with it.

That was a pretty awesome game of Assault to close out the night. Too bad the team wasn't the All-GAF All-Stars instead of just eight of us, because I think we'd have won much quicker and more decisively with the big group.

Still, a win is a win, and that was great.

What what what!? AHHH! My net clunked out on me ;[ I wanted assault.

Greg

Beatbox said:
Sorry buddy. It only counts in Deathmatch.

I had a 25 streak in Breach tonight and nothing to show for it. I also got another damn 19 kill spree in a TDM game on Lexington. So close.
Bitches - that's it, I'm quitting Resistance and using my PS3 for only sudoku.

FightyF

Banned
I was hyped to play tonight but my mic not working sorta deflated my enthusiasm.

I gotta spend some time figuring it out...so far things haven't been "plug and play" for me...

Farking 1.8!!

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Yea I was too humble tonight, I mean come on I said I'm only worth 8 players when I'm playing bad :).
I shouldn't feed you ego anymore, it's big enough already, but you earned your bragging rights ;)

So, let's talk about those exploding cars :lol

Raist

Banned
Do they apply some of the updates yet ?

I mean, been playing a couple of ranked matches, never had chimera vs chimera ones. And in human vs human, all the people in your team have the same skin, and people in the other team have a different skin.

Angelcurio

I completely give up with the headset shit.

I spent the whole night yesterday just trying to make the damn thing work, i have a motorola h350, and even after resynch it up, it would simply disconnect without any apparent reason, and if i hit the connect button on the audio settings it would freeze my ps3.

Does anyone know about a cheap and good USB headset? i quit from using BT.

womfalcs3

Banned
Angelcurio said:

I spent the whole night yesterday just trying to make the damn thing work, i have a motorola h350, and even after resynch it up, it would simply disconnect without any apparent reason, and if i hit the connect button on the audio settings it would freeze my ps3.

I'm waiting for WarHawk to come out before I get a bluetooth headset. I figure it'll be cheap if the headset and the game together cost $40. Also, the headset should work great with the PS3 if it's included.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Angelcurio said:

the logitech ones coming out with warhawk look pretty awesome. although ive been using a samsung bluetooth headset and have been getting zero problems. you can get them for around 8 bucks on ebay.

Kittonwy

Banned
Scenic_Kitten_Outdoors.jpg

^^ THERE'S NO TIME TO STOP AND SMELL TEH FLOWERS DURING GAME BATTLE!!! GAF WEDGE ASSEMBLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! IT'S NOT ALWAYS RAINBOWS AND BUTTERFLIES, IT'S EXPLODING BARRELZ THAT MOVES US ALONG!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Angelcurio said:

Just get a used SOCOM headset from EB or whatever. I got tired of recharging my fancy Plantronics set so I got one that looked absolutely brand-new, with cord still tied up like it had never been touched, for a whopping $8. A little Lysol on those removable foam bits so you know you won't get some disease, and you'll be good to go.

M3Freak

Banned
This should be our theme song:

Whirlpool Productions - From Disco To Disco [Gallahan, Taylor & Litt Remix]

Cut it up a bit and loop it, and there we go.

RAWWWRRARARWARARAR!!!!

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
ive been trying to beat the single player on superhuman- man it gets frustrating. i'll be on tonight though for sure.

Aeon712

TONX said:
ive been trying to beat the single player on superhuman- man it gets frustrating. i'll be on tonight though for sure.
Heck yea it does, I was stuck in the Conversion Center for like 2 weeks of off and on playing and now I'm stuck on that bridge in Manchester where there is a turret at the end and all I have for cover is a car.

FightyF

Banned
Angelcurio said:

I have the same headset, and yes my PS3 would freeze as well.

I bought it because according to the Res forums it was one of those that worked great and didn't require resyncing each time...but I've always had issues with it.

It hasn't worked since 1.8...

I've looked for a cheap USB headset...haven't found one yet.

JB1981

Angelcurio said:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009B0IX4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

41XB1238FJL._AA280_.jpg

I have this one. Got it off Amazon. No repairing needed. No freezing. It works well when the voice software in games is good. Resistance is fine. Calling all Cars is fine. Private chat in XMB is very clear. The battery life could be better. But for a $45 headset it gets the job done.

FightyF

Banned
JB1981 said:

41XB1238FJL._AA280_.jpg

I have this one. Got it off Amazon. No repairing needed. No freezing. It works well when the voice software in games is good. Resistance is fine. Calling all Cars is fine. Private chat in XMB is very clear. The battery life could be better. But for a $45 headset it gets the job done.

I spent $80 Cdn on mine...I could have put that towards a Limited Edition game!

I'm not gonna pay $0.01 more on a BT headset...I'd rather get something that's just plug and play.

Angelcurio said:

I have the exact same problem with the exact headset (Motorola H350)....it works about 70percent of the time though =/

...I'm waiting for another FW update to see if sony can lockdown alotta of these headset problems...which i'm sure they're aware because the H350 in particular is mentioned on just about every damn forum...

....gonna have to send a GAF clan request to Kaching....finally broke in Resistance MP :D :D :D

JB1981

Hopefully if (when) Sony puts out the new ShockAxis, it includes a USB port of some kind. I'd take a wired USB headset tethered to the controller over these iffy bluetooh headsets any day.

Kittonwy

Banned
Two things:

1) It was my controller that was buggy, I got a new one.

2) I can now attack the base node in Nottingham breach without stepping foot inside the tunnel.

Indifferent2.gif

Tieno

Kittonwy, I just want you to know that I check this thread every time just because of the new kitten pictures. I love cats.

JB1981 said:

41XB1238FJL._AA280_.jpg

That's the "fancy Plantronics" headset I was talking bout in my post above! It works great!
...when I remember to charge it up. :(

Kittonwy said:
2) I can now attack the base node in Nottingham breach without stepping foot inside the tunnel.

Indifferent2.gif

Hmmm. We'll have to chat about this later, Kittonwy. "Loose lips sink ships," and all that.

Very interesting, if true. I haven't figured out how to make that work without the underground glitch (which is cheating, and cheating is for sucks) and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure it out once.

Kittonwy

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Hmmm. We'll have to chat about this later, Kittonwy. "Loose lips sink ships," and all that.

Very interesting, if true. I haven't figured out how to make that work without the underground glitch (which is cheating, and cheating is for sucks) and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure it out once.

Completely legit.
Indifferent2.gif

Angelcurio

JB1981 said:

41XB1238FJL._AA280_.jpg

The problem is that i already payed $45 for the Motorola H350 when i got it because of the exact same benefits you just mentioned, but just after the 1.7 patch it started acting weird and after the 1.8 firmware update it just became a small useless brick next to my ps3. There is not a way to know if a future update wont end up screwing your headset model as well.

Seriously, Sony needs to get their act together with those issues. Now i will have to play resistance without headsets, which cuts the fun by about 75%.

I will join you guys in 10 minutes.

BTW, is there a way to still hear you all on my tv speakers?

JB1981

Angelcurio said:
The problem is that i already payed $45 for the Motorola H350 when i got it because of the exact same benefits you just mentioned, but just after the 1.7 patch it started acting weird and after the 1.8 firmware update it just became a small useless brick next to my ps3. There is not a way to know if a future update wont end up screwing your headset model as well.

Seriously, Sony needs to get their act together with those issues. Now i will have to play resistance without headsets, which cuts the fun by about 75%.

I will join you guys in 10 minutes.

BTW, is there a way to still hear you all on my tv speakers?

Please don't do that. :)

It causes feedback issues for mic users.

Bloodwake

Hey, if you guys are still playing, you should let me in. I just got a PS3.

Bloodwake is the Network ID... not too hard to remember.

Angelcurio said:

QFT!!!!

Big-E

JB1981 said:
Please don't do that. :)

It causes feedback issues for mic users.

It only causes feedback when someone is also using a headset to talk. There is no harm in just hearing the conversation.

Kittonwy

Banned
kittenbeer.jpg

^^ ALL FUELED UP AND READY TO GO???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! THIS AIN'T KARAOKE NIGHT HERE!!! IT'S GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Hmmm?

Sutdawg? Aeon?

....OH, sorry guys, I really don't have much time to watch your amusing little videos and such. I am actually very busy, you know, doing inventory. Sucks having to work on a Sunday and all.

Hmmmm. Let's see...

Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Trophy Case Inventory:

4kjbhmv.gif
4kjbhmv.gif
4kjbhmv.gif
4kjbhmv.gif
4kjbhmv.gif

Trophy, Vince Lombardi:

Quantity - 5
Value - Priceless

...................................................................................

Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Trophy Case Inventory

6fi1i5i.jpg

Egg, Goose:

Quantity - 1
Value: $0.30

OK, inventory is done.

See ya'll tonight.

patsu

Yeah damn... me too ! I've been sleeping only 4 hours everyday since last week. It will continue for the next few weeks or even months.

I R-E-A-L-L-Y miss Resistance now (Am away from home too :( ). My PS3 is in RemotePlay mode.

Ok it seems as if the patch for worldwide online play is out, but it looks like I have to DL it from the Japanese PS Store. Is there any way around making a Japanese PSN account to get this?

Top Bottom