• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
puppy_kitten.jpg

^^ NO FRATERNIZING WITH TEH ENEMY!!! IT'S GAME BATTLE TIME!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST
Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Kittonwy was just one post off from this page so I'm quoting the clan post. I always thought he was a little "one off" :)

Batten down the hatches, raise the anchor and hoist the sales!!! Thar be some GB on the horizon!!11!!!! CLAN GAF IS ON THE PROWL!!!!!! RAWR

I play Rooftops all the time. Whenever a LAARK game is available, I'll take advantage of it. I have my sweet spots and I'm normally #1 or #2 in every game. A couple of times I've had some crazy ass mofo(I don't think they're the same guy) following me around and getting in my way, I guess they're either trying to make me leave the game or make sure I don't finish at the top. It annoys the hell out of me, I know it's cheap but I'm just taking advantage of what's available. Has this ever happened to you guys?

Aeon712

Rice-Eater said:
I play Rooftops all the time. Whenever a LAARK game is available, I'll take advantage of it. I have my sweet spots and I'm normally #1 or #2 in every game. A couple of times I've had some crazy ass mofo(I don't think they're the same guy) following me around and getting in my way, I guess they're either trying to make me leave the game or make sure I don't finish at the top. It annoys the hell out of me, I know it's cheap but I'm just taking advantage of what's available. Has this ever happened to you guys?
:lol as if we'd play unranked games, and they're trying to make you suicide by jumping infront of your laark prob cause they think you are cheap.

Kittonwy

Banned
I admit it, with beer, I'm much more mellow and I don't swear like a sailor, and I play better. In the beginning I was drinking aquafina water and damn I was just cussing like crazy, especially in that assault game, I apologize to the particular person who was wandering around bravo whom I was cursing at, jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Kittonwy said:
I admit it, with beer, I'm much more mellow and I don't swear like a sailor, and I play better. In the beginning I was drinking aquafina water and damn I was just cussing like crazy, especially in that assault game, I apologize to the particular person who was wandering around bravo whom I was cursing at, jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

Haha you totally hulked out for a few minutes. :lol

ChryZ

Just in case anybody is wondering, I'm not quiting Resistance. I'm back to work, so I'm not able to join as many clan nights as I did for the last two weeks. Okay and Warhawk might be a factor too, but still ... I'll keep playing Resistance!

1178668093763.jpg

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ChryZ said:
Just in case anybody is wondering, I'm not quiting Resistance. I'm back to work, so I'm not able to join as many clan nights as I did for the last two weeks. Okay and Warhawk might be a factor too, but still ... I'll keep playing Resistance!

Keep playing Piyotama too. I need competition damnit.

ChryZ

Beatbox said:
Keep playing Piyotama too. I need competition damnit.
I never stopped playing Piyotama, but I tried to reinvent my game ... well and kinda gimped it. I'm recovering though and should be doing better soon.

Beatbox

ChryZ said:
I never stopped playing Piyotama, but I tried to reinvent my game ... well and kinda gimped it. I'm recovering though and should be doing better soon.

Well get back to your good ole methods. And Queegs, catch up to me in SSD so I can start playing again!

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Your getting riled up was getting me riled up. I did have a really good time last week. We just need to be a little more consistent on using the squad strategy. Winning or not, we WILL do better if we use it and who doesn't like to completely stomp the other teams.

methane47

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Before Beer
5xgp7d3.jpg

After Beer
adorable-kitten.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So I've got the latest SCEE release schedule today, and a "Resistance Map Pack 2" is scheduled for September.

I didn't know new maps were coming so soon. Is there any official Insomniac statement about this?

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
So I've got the latest SCEE release schedule today, and a "Resistance Map Pack 2" is scheduled for September.

I didn't know new maps were coming so soon. Is there any official Insomniac statement about this?

Maybe they should get the first map pack running in Ranked matches first or make the first one free or do something different. Until I know that the new maps are part of ranked, I won't download them. I want to support Insomniac and what they're doing but as far as I'm concerned, the last new map pack was money out the window for me.

I don't know. Maybe for parties over 10, if 80% or 90% people have the map pack, they should be able to play ranked on the new maps. Sony needs to get those fucking PSN cards out there. Is is that dan hard?!

Beatbox

tanod said:
Maybe they should get the first map pack running in Ranked matches first or make the first one free or do something different.

They do run in ranked mode - they just don't let you select the game type. All will be good once they implement the new maps into normal matchmaking.

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:
Maybe they should get the first map pack running in Ranked matches first or make the first one free or do something different.

The new maps are so freaking awesome. It really, really, really, REALLY sucks that we can't play objective or TDM games when we feel like it. Bunching both modes into the "map pack mayhem" thingy sucks ass. Fat, dimpled, gross ASS.

tanod

when is my burrito
Beatbox said:
They do run in ranked mode - they just don't let you select the game type. All will be good once they implement the new maps into normal matchmaking.

Well there's something broken about it when we do map pack mayhem and it puts us in a regular DM against each other and other random people.

M3Freak

Banned
On a positive note (wink, wink), I'm almost +1000. I'm entering the hallowed halls of the GAF clan elite.

Bow before me, you minus simpletons, for I am your master. Fear me, or I shall crush you into oblivion. Ignore the members of the old guard, Sutdawg, efertlisdotcom, and click - they are ... ah forget it - I ROCK!!! SUCK IT!!!!!

tanod

when is my burrito
I've recently started to finish positive in most games. I'm not exactly sure how or why that happened, but my hope is that my -1300 turns into a 0 or better in a couple months. :)

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I finished 27/7 in a match last night...my game is back!
That's almost as awesome as me going 90-30 over 2 games or Sutdawgs crazy game a couple nights ago that I missed due to me getting disconnected.

Aeon712 said:
That's almost as awesome as me going 90-30 over 2 games or Sutdawgs crazy game a couple nights ago that I missed due to me getting disconnected.

I had an 18-3 and a 16-1 last night Aeon. I ain't in you guys' league, but that's pretty damn good for me.

EDIT: Damn, that kitty in the stocking cap is teh cute!

M3Freak said:
On a positive note (wink, wink), I'm almost +1000. I'm entering the hallowed halls of the GAF clan elite.

Bow before me, you minus simpletons, for I am your master. Fear me, or I shall crush you into oblivion. Ignore the members of the old guard, Sutdawg, efertlisdotcom, and click - they are ... ah forget it - I ROCK!!! SUCK IT!!!!!

Uh, oh...looks like you've got some competition in the Modesty Olympics now, Aeon...

:lol

Signed,

HijoDelLocoRoco,
VP of Minus Simpleton Relations

womfalcs3

Banned
Man, it sucks to leave this game for even half a week. When I leave it for such a period of time and go back to playing it, everything feels weird. The control sensitivity, the view of where I'm going, and the shooting. It takes me a while to get re-accustomed to the game.

Aeon712

TTP said:
Same day as Halo 3??? Oh who am I kidding this is Insomniac if thats the date month then it's coming out the end of October
Pristine_Condition said:
Uh, oh...looks like you've got some competition in the Modesty Olympics now, Aeon...
In before Sutdawg calls it the special olympics :lol

Steroyd

Kittonwy's Banned!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!1!!!1!!!1!1!

Now where are we going to get our cat pics for clan night. :'(

Why was Kittonwy banned there looks to be nothing wrong in post history.

Casualty of war don't worry we'll fight on till you get back.

womfalcs3

Banned
Steroyd said:
Kittonwy's Banned!!

Casualty of war don't worry we'll fight on till you get back.

We can try

fat_cat.jpg

Haunted

Steroyd said:
Kittonwy's Banned!!

Tre banned him for that last post in the NCSoft on PS3 thread.

Haunted One said:
Tre banned him for that last post in the NCSoft on PS3 thread.
It had better be a quick ban for his first offense!!! They have the mods, but WE HAVE THE NUMBERS, THIS IS GAAAAAAAAAMEBAAAAAAATTLE!!!!!

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
It had better be a quick ban for his first offense!!! They have the mods, but WE HAVE THE NUMBERS, THIS IS GAAAAAAAAAMEBAAAAAAATTLE!!!!!
5 day ban so he's gone till Monday :(.

Haunted

Steroyd said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7615125&postcount=168

?

Although he did edit the post 9 minutes later so we may not have the whole picture.
That's the one. Especially that sentence:
kittonwy said:
god forbid if certain PC gamers here at gaf don't want to "transition", they can stick with upgrading their videocards every six months and worrying about whether the framerate is going to be stable or if they need more RAM or having to wait for Nvidia or ATI to patch their fucking drivers
A bit harsh to ban him for that, but I think Tre was pretty pissed at all the misinformation floating around in that thread and felt he needed to make an example. I don't think the ban will be longer than a week, though. edit: ah, 5 days it is. Tre was merciful.

BobTheFork said:
:lol

M3Freak

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
I had an 18-3 and a 16-1 last night Aeon. I ain't in you guys' league, but that's pretty damn good for me.

I was witness to that - I was impressed! I haven't seen you put out numbers like that before. Good show!

Your new master is merciful. I will reward you with not kicking your ass for no reason.

Pristine_Condition said:

The master has no competition. I reign supreme. Cower!! Pee your pants!! MU HAHAHAHAH!!!

Pristine_Condition said:
Signed,

HijoDelLocoRoco,
VP of Minus Simpleton Relations

VP? You've been promoted from Manager of Minus Suckers? Well, holy shit - congrats!

How does the President of Minus Dummies, Kittonwy feel about the corporate competition? Wow, our clan politics sure are complicating things.

I better tell the Manager of Visitor Relations (re: secretary), Aeon, to send you a gift.

Top Bottom