• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
That's mean!

Quite the opposite my friend. I'm giving them away to the needy., more like anti-whoring. Aeon, Click and myself played an 8p ctf game. The enemy was indeed laark whoring, but we still whooped their asses. I protected the flag carrier on the way home (with a reclaimed laark), when we scored Aeon (defense) joked around "commit suicide, so that I can pick up your laark". I had such a good game going, I felt like sharing and did it :lol

LOL.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
That's mean!

Quite the opposite my friend. I'm giving them away to the needy., more like anti-whoring. Aeon, Click and myself played an 8p ctf game. The enemy was indeed laark whoring, but we still whooped their asses. I protected the flag carrier on the way home (with a reclaimed laark), when we scored Aeon (defense) joked around "commit suicide, so that I can pick up your laark". I had such a good game going, I felt like sharing and did it :lol
:lol that part was awesome and much needed since a couple minutes later they came in with laarks and were easily taken out :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So I'm up in Seattle for PAX... and I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane today.

It was almost as good as fragging Aeon... almost. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
t_4_cats_101.jpg

^^ WATCH OUT!!! THEY'RE IN TEH TUNNELZ!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

LMAO DON'T BRING TEH FLAG IN LMAO!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Steroyd

Wow I don't know why but ever since i've completed the game i've been playing on it more.

Anyone got any Skill Points they know of I can try out, i've only got 28.

jjasper

Steroyd said:
Wow I don't know why but ever since i've completed the game i've been playing on it more.

Anyone got any Skill Points they know of I can try out, i've only got 28.

Which ones do you have?

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Chryz let me know if you're up for some early games today. PS3 is on so you can just message there :).
Sure, I was going to play a bit earlier anyways. Anyone is welcome to join, might be a good chance for euro gaffers ... since it's not the middle of the night yet :lol

I'll be on in 10min

belvedere

Junior Butler
I've searched, but due to the size of the thread I didn't yield the best results.

Anyway, where can I find some of everyone's thoughts/interpretations of Resistance's story/back story?

Thanks.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
600 vs. 188 in teh hangar omg it was cruel.
Indifferent2.gif

Played well for a bit but towards the end I was just tired. M3 got his game back though, thanks to teh country tune.
Indifferent2.gif

I played pretty well last night, too, even though I was absolutely drained. I don't know what was wrong with me for the last week. I couldn't do shit - barely + in k/d, but usualy -1 or more. That was really frustrating.

Have to thank Pristine Condition - his country song and uplifting speech helped me a lot. GAF, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

careksims

TheJollyCorner said:
I'm glad to see many of my Resistance shell-mates have survived the Bioshock onslaught here @ NeoGAF. :D

LOL I've been playing Bioshock, but it doesn't distract me from my clan nights! Whoo hoo! Clan night tonight! I will be there!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
My god where do you find all these cat PICS Kitton ;)

I know you take pictures of the ones you "legally" export to korea!

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
I played pretty well last night, too, even though I was absolutely drained. I don't know what was wrong with me for the last week. I couldn't do shit - barely + in k/d, but usualy -1 or more. That was really frustrating.

Have to thank Pristine Condition - his country song and uplifting speech helped me a lot. GAF, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Teh country song was teh best part of that night.
Indifferent2.gif

RAAAAAAAAAWR!

Its teh battle-cry bitches. My first week of class is done, i have tomorrow off work and i have lots of bier. Ol' school beatdowns and Andrew w.k. to commence soon.

Aeon712

Roxas said:
Hey guys i'd love to join the clan, i PM'd kaching but havent heard anything back yet. Are you recruiting now?
Missed this earlier, we are always recruiting new GAFfers, the clan was recently maxed at 200 :( so he may not have any spots open but I'm sure he's working hard and clearing out the inactive members. If you wanna play with us add some of us to your Resistance friends list and we'll see you when you are playing and invite you.

Pristine_Condition said:
You guys missed my 90's West Coast GANGSTA RAP version last night... It was on like a mother****er, G.

I'll be on soon.

Hey HoJo, send me another friend invite. I cleared a spot for you and every time i try to type your psn name i get it wrong, too many damn letters

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
Hey HoJo, send me another friend invite. I cleared a spot for you and every time i try to type your psn name i get it wrong, too many damn letters
It was mine wasn't it :'(.

tanod

when is my burrito
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Baby's due in January. :D

I may be jumping on in a little bit. 1UP Yours is almost done.

patsu

Tanod... since you probably saved my *ss a few times in Resistance.

"Play and SLEEP more before the BB arrives. You will miss them but it's worth it." :)

Kittonwy

Banned
301088705_a1996464da.jpg

^^ OH NOEZ BEER IS RUNNING LOW!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

STICK TOGETHER AND HARNESS TEH POWAH OF TEH WEDGE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Kittonwy

Banned
Thanks to all the new people as well as Kaching for showing up.

We lost the grimsby assault but I guess not everybody is familiar with the strategy so I apologize for not being able to explain it properly during the match (I guess my yelling and cursing doesn't really qualify as explaining).

Grimsby Assault strategy:

People who guard the nodes need to pick your spot close enough to the node to catch the other team coming in, hopefully work in pairs but don't get caught up in scrimmages too far outside the node. If you see a node being attacked, please help out quickly, offense can pitch in especially when defense gets wiped out.

For nodes like Oscar and November an attack doesn't have to go all the way into the base to inflict damage, as soon as he's around where the buses are he can start sniping the node with the auger (even through the open door and you CAN ZOOM to make sure you hit the rods) and do significant damage (20-30 pts easily), but make sure he doesn't get in there and start hitting the node with the flame thrower because that's one of the major damage-dealers, that is especially important for base defense, you can lose a TON of base health to a flamethrower and especially when an attack comes in from the back, once he's through the door he can hit L1 and it BURNS AND BURNS AND BURNS, and because there is no shutter for the base reactor, the damage doesn't stop until the alternate fire finishes burning. For base defense it's imperative that the defenders are positioned further out, where the northern and western main entrances instead of trying to guard all six doors in the base room, where you have to be really quick with the shotgun near the doorway, but even if one attacker makes it in and unloads with an alt-fire from the dragon we might be looking at losing half of our base health, so you're better off catching them early with a cheap shotgun in the face right when they come through the main west entrance or tag and bullseye them as they try to make it past the north entrance, plenty of places to hide and pop out.

As for offense we needs to figure out where we're spawning and where we're attacking. I think we get caught up too much on trying to control weapons on too many nodes, there are four nodes on the map and all of them have powerful weapons, of the four, Oscar and November are where the dragon and auger spawns, especially when foxtrot and echo has gone down, trying to control those two nodes made us too spread out and we have less control over November and Oscar. Personally as good as the Laark is as a scrimmage weapon, imo as a node/base attack weapon it's not all that great for grimsby because of too many narrow doorways where a defender can get right in your face when you upload a laark and both of you will get taken out and no damage is done to the base.

Attacking Oscar and Echo some of us should auger the nodes from the outside, especially Oscar because you can auger snipe the crap out of it from afar without actually having to make it in, if you're out of auger ammo, then go in and try to pick up more ammo inside or just dragon it to death, but augering alone does big enough damage for the initial phase of the attack.

The main weapon for attacking the base should be the dragon and grenades, go in, L1 with the dragon or just throw the grenades in. Arc charger is great but it takes too long to set up for my taste.

I hope this helps.
Indifferent2.gif

Steroyd

rc213 said:
Did PSN just take a dump or something?

Was I the only one that kept getting booted?

There was that one time the whole clans PS3's got wiped out, if it happened more than once it might be your router settings my Router used to suddenly decide it didn't like my router so I kept getting network errors left and right, but I had a nice direct chat with my router recently and everything okay with my router and PS3 now.

rc213

Steroyd said:
There was that one time the whole clans PS3's got wiped out, if it happened more than once it might be your router settings my Router used to suddenly decide it didn't like my router so I kept getting network errors left and right, but I had a nice direct chat with my router recently and everything okay with my router and PS3 now.

It was my modem, Or should I say is because it keeps timing out for like 10 seconds at a time. Hope it's just maintenance work on the ISP's side.

Steroyd

rc213 said:
It was my modem, Or should I say is because it keeps timing out for like 10 seconds at a time. Hope it's just maintenance work on the ISP's side.

Sounds like something that happened to me, what you have to do is log into your actual router and accept your PS3's IP address, it's what helped me.

What router do you have?

Man its been a while since i played the game, and i'm real rusty (not that i was all that great before). It was fun though. Though i feel bad for some of the shoddy defense near the end. :(

Defuser

Kittonwy said:
Thanks to all the new people as well as Kaching for showing up.

We lost the grimsby assault but I guess not everybody is familiar with the strategy so I apologize for not being able to explain it properly during the match (I guess my yelling and cursing doesn't really qualify as explaining).
I dunno,the chimera seems to pwned in that map.

Aeon712

:Kittonwysadsmilie:, I dunno what was up last night. I played for like 4hrs with Chryz, Tonx, Shane and some random people from friends list without a problem. Then clan night starts and I get 3 straight network errors and was like screw this I'm going to sleep.

Defuser said:
I dunno,the chimera seems to pwned in that map.
Humans own every map except Somerset and TDM with lots of shottys. In objective easy avantage to humans thanks to radar.

Steroyd

Last night I just remembered I used to have a headset for my PS2 well lets just say it's broken beyond recognition, but I still have the USB converter for the headset so I've just bought a uber cheap stop gap Headset (waiting on the Warhawk bundle) and you might hear me online tonight if everything goes to plan.

Aeon712

Steroyd said:
Sounds like something that happened to me, what you have to do is log into your actual router and accept your PS3's IP address, it's what helped me.

What router do you have?
How does one go about doing that on a Linksys Wireless G?

Steroyd

You log into your router by typing in the numbers xxx.xxx.xx.xx in the internet browser you'll have to check the instruction manual for the exact numbers because I can only speak of Netgear routers.

Or speak to the divine one that knows all the answers Google.

I learned that typing the PS3's IP into the PC's firewall meant bugger all.

Angelcurio

In the first assault game we played last noight, something really weird happenned. During the first round, we took out the blue team base and won. Then, as the second match started i noticed that i was playing chimera again, then i asked over the micro why we were playing as a chimera again and a lot of unknown people started responding.

All of a sudden, a human character appears, i start shooting him and when i kill him, it said "you killed Kittonwy". I was like "WTF is going on". After all the confusion, the thing that happenned was that both Queeg and I were switched to the orange team in the second match, so we were playing against our own team in the second round.

Steroyd

I was wondering why I got killed by Angelcurio traitor. :lol

Wonder what happened Queeg joined the party just as efert was joining a ranked match but you was on our team in the first round.

careksims

Angelcurio said:
In the first assault game we played last noight, something really weird happenned. During the first round, we took out the blue team base and won. Then, as the second match started i noticed that i was playing chimera again, then i asked over the micro why we were playing as a chimera again and a lot of unknown people started responding.

All of a sudden, a human character appears, i start shooting him and when i kill him, it said "you killed Kittonwy". I was like "WTF is going on". After all the confusion, the thing that happenned was that both Queeg and I were switched to the orange team in the second match, so we were playing against our own team in the second round.

Oh we had that happened to M3Freak and me on one the new maps before. That's a mind trip there.

Top Bottom