• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

I was about to be really fucking pissed if that douchbag PleoMax only got a 5-day ban (although I think he's banned again lawlz) for trolling constantly and Kittonwy would have gotten a month or something.

Thank goodness it's only 5 days. Still shitty, though...

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
The master has no competition. I reign supreme. Cower!! Pee your pants!! MU HAHAHAHAH!!!
You do know that my net is back meaning the sharing of my kills is over now. Translation=Get back in your negative corner and cower with the shotty :lol.

Greg

Aeon712 said:
You do know that my net is back meaning the sharing of my kills is over now. Translation=Get back in your negative corner and cower with the shotty :lol.
'negative corner' :lol :lol :lol

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:

Well, the difference between you and I is that you complain like a baby about the shotty, whereas I use it regularly, and have gotten pretty good with it. So, I'm improving my overall weapons skills, and you're not.

You lose. Again.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
Well, the difference between you and I is that you complain like a baby about the shotty, whereas I use it regularly, and have gotten pretty good with it. So, I'm improving my overall weapons skills, and you're not.

You lose. Again.
There is no getting good with it, it's not like the sniper rifle where you have to aim or Carbine where you need to be good with head shots. You simply point the shotty and shoot and Humans/Chimera fall over. You don't even have to aim it since the radius is ridiculous.

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
Hey did you guys play on Tuesday? I was on till about 9:40pm but nada nothing!

We sort of have a few people playing, chatting or getting online between 9 and 10 but by 10:15, we had about 13 people in a party.

tanod

when is my burrito
The clan must show solidarity in this dark time.

Firewire said:
umm maybe you guys should use this...:lol

41624538_344fb169d2copy-1.jpg
I don't want to get banned too. Protesting moderation will do that.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
I just turned on my system and my daytime buddy Chryz is playing WoWhawk :(. I feel abandoned.
Why not a psn message? I had enough wowhawk for today, read you message, send you a psn message and played ffa for one hour ... alone :(

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
Why not a psn message? I had enough wowhawk for today, read you message, send you a psn message and played ffa for one hour ... alone :(
I had the tv input changed so I missed ya message :(.

the_id

wait? did kittonwy get banned?! what?! what for? such a nice cat even...world is not fair.

EDIT: read this page. it was harsh of the mod but i guess justice must be served. fuck justice i say! all GAF must use his avatar!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pristine_Condition said:

Truth hurts.

Oh and btw - Hi everyone. I won't be playing this weekend because I'm going to Nebraska for the home opener vs. Nevada. I love you all though and I hope that maybe once I'm done being busy on Ratchet, I'll get to come online a little more often. :p

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:
Truth hurts.

Oh and btw - Hi everyone. I won't be playing this weekend because I'm going to Nebraska for the home opener vs. Nevada. I love you all though and I hope that maybe once I'm done being busy on Ratchet, I'll get to come online a little more often. :p

We understand crunch. Good luck with everything.

rc213

jstevenson said:
Truth hurts.

Clipper Nation blows... :p

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
FREE KITTONY RAWR!!! Time to fight the GB for the freedom of our soldiers!!! RAWR
Indifferent2.gif

68apvmw.jpg

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

MOAR KILLING INNOCENT CHILDREN AND FREEING KANADIAN KANOE PADDLERS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Aeon712

Aeon returns to the Wedge tonight, the crappy winning percent from the past couple of clan nights is confirmed to go up 712%.

M3Freak

Banned
I had a 37-7 match last night, beating out Sutdawg (he cried like the baby he is), but otherwise I was breaking even or minus the whole time.

I think I know what my problem is: I've been using the rosemore too much, and now my bullseye skills (by far my best weapon) have gone down the tubes. Last night I couldn't keep a straight bead on most opponents. My reticle was flailing around like mad - major suckage.

I might be on tonight, though I'm not sure. It all depends on when I get back from the party, and how tired I feel.

Steroyd

I might play more shit today because of warhawk, just when I started having a KD ratio per match of 1. :(

Oh yeah playing Warhawk made me find out the Eye-toy can work as a mic.

dralla

sounds like I may need to jump on tonight. I'd like to get to supreme commander before all the fall games come out.

i now have a headset so I won't feel like a handicap during objective games

Aeon712

Angelcurio said:
We noticed that the Aeon effect didnt work in that first TDM game :lol
Even the mighty Eagles lost 6 games last season, I can't be expected to win them all :).
Pristine_Condition said:
With the return of Big-E and hopefully a decent dose of "the Aeon effect" we might have a good night tonight.
Woah now there killer, no need to overkill the other team, all that's needed is a smidgen of Aeon Effect.

Aeon712

WTF it's 9:51 and nobody is on, after I play this ffa if nobody is playing I'm playing Super Puzzle Fighter.

f*ck Conversion on hanger, gonna be a snore.

w00t, efertlis, sutdawg and rc are on now.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Free days til Freedom. RAWR
Indifferent2.gif

68apvmw.jpg

Tonight is...

Saturday NIGHT!!!

IN MEMORY OF OUR BIER DRINKIN HOCKEY STICK PADDLIN KANADIAN KANOE RIDERS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

2ujgzlj.jpg

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Aeon712

For those that missed it we played an awesome Nottingham assault game where we lost our 2 nodes first and somehow battled back both rounds. I forgot how intense offense can get :D.

I'll be on at like 11:45 tonight, so don't go joining no objectives at like 11:40 :(.

Top Bottom