• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

methane47

Sorry I sucked so much last night guys...

I blame it on the fact that I was playing Rainbow 6 for the past 2 days.. and it took me a while to get used to the controls again...

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:
In the first assault game we played last noight, something really weird happenned. During the first round, we took out the blue team base and won. Then, as the second match started i noticed that i was playing chimera again, then i asked over the micro why we were playing as a chimera again and a lot of unknown people started responding.

All of a sudden, a human character appears, i start shooting him and when i kill him, it said "you killed Kittonwy". I was like "WTF is going on". After all the confusion, the thing that happenned was that both Queeg and I were switched to the orange team in the second match, so we were playing against our own team in the second round.

LOLZ.

Steroyd

OMFG I GOT INTO THE HOME BETA.

*runs*

Played a bit more of Resistance and tried out the backlash grenade jayzeus what a weapon.

Is there any more surprise weapons the second playthrough or are only the dual pistols and Backlash greande the only new things that I haven't used in MP.

Kittonwy

Banned
Tonight's wedge will be powered by:

KilkennyIrishBeer.jpg

RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Chick-beer

Irish don't make chick-beer. It's simply not as filling as Guiness. I like them both. I haven't had Kilkenny for ages so I picked up a couple of 4 packs along with my regular 28 pack of Molson Canadian.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

Steroyd said:
OMFG I GOT INTO THE HOME BETA.

*runs*

Played a bit more of Resistance and tried out the backlash grenade jayzeus what a weapon.

Is there any more surprise weapons the second playthrough or are only the dual pistols and Backlash greande the only new things that I haven't used in MP.

I think you also get the Splitter.

Steroyd

Hmmm i can try and find out how to solve the router problem but converting you from your religion will be beyond even my own divine powers.

Kittonwy

Banned
152fs644195.jpg

^^ LADIES AND GENTLEMAN... ARRRREEE YOOOUUU REEEEEADDDYYY TOOOOO GAMMEEE BAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

UNLEASH YOUR DRAGONS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Steroyd

I don't know the exact settings on your router Aeon because i don't have a Linksys but here's the general idea.

The Linksys wireless G router's internal IP address is 192.168.1.1, you type those numbers into your web browser, and a page should pop up with all your routers diagnostics and Mac address and junk etc.

Under Advanced click on LAN IP setup and now you should have the option to add IP addresses, add your PS3's IP address, if you don't know what your PS3's IP address is go on your PS3 click on System settings, then click on System information and your PS3's IP address should be displayed.

That should give you NAT 2 or 1 when testing the connection at the same time as eliminating the network errors, well it worked for me.

Aeon712

Steroyd said:
Under Advanced click on LAN IP setup and now you should have the option to add IP addresses, add your PS3's IP address, if you don't know what your PS3's IP address is go on your PS3 click on System settings, then click on System information and your PS3's IP address should be displayed.

That should give you NAT 2 or 1 when testing the connection at the same time as eliminating the network errors, well it worked for me.
Guessing I type that here? along with the subnet mask and default router from the status list. And what sucks is that I'm already a NAT 1 :(.

Earlier I couldn't access the PSN at all after being disconnected, reinstalling the router seems to have got me back on the PSN at least. Haven't played an online game to see if the problem is fixed.

tanod

when is my burrito
I'm pretty sure I'll be on tonight guys.

BTW, I picked up a 360 today so add me to your friends list if you have room. I didn't pick up any games for it (downloading all the demos) since I have plenty of stuff to play on PS3 and PS2, like Resistance, but I got a sweet deal on a new one and I couldn't resist. I had to say goodbye to my old fatty PS2 but I got $85 for it. I shed a tear and then I was happy. :D until the damn thing breaks. :(

Gamertag: Tanod

methane47

tanod said:
I'm pretty sure I'll be on tonight guys.

BTW, I picked up a 360 today so add me to your friends list if you have room. I didn't pick up any games for it (downloading all the demos) since I have plenty of stuff to play on PS3 and PS2, like Resistance, but I got a sweet deal on a new one and I couldn't resist. I had to say goodbye to my old fatty PS2 but I got $85 for it. I shed a tear and then I was happy. :D until the damn thing breaks. :(

Gamertag: Tanod

traitor

dralla

Aeon712 said:
Guessing I type that here? along with the subnet mask and default router from the status list. And what sucks is that I'm already a NAT 1 :(.

Earlier I couldn't access the PSN at all after being disconnected, reinstalling the router seems to have got me back on the PSN at least. Haven't played an online game to see if the problem is fixed.

get rid of the linksys. I had 3 of them, all 3 gave me connection problems. Bought a D-Link and haven't had a problem since

tanod

when is my burrito
dralla said:
get rid of the linksys. I had 3 of them, all 3 gave me connection problems. Bought a D-Link and haven't had a problem since

I have a Linksys WRT4GL and I've never had any problems.

rc213

Saw you guys online but I didn't join. Tested it out on some free for all games and I'm still losing sync on the modem for like 10 seconds at a time, Just enough to boot me from games. Guess I will have to bite the bullet till SBC can get a tech out to my house. =C

WRT54GS v1(Firmware Version: v4.71.1, Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c) <thumbs up>

the_id

First time actually got to play with you guys without getting network errors. most fun on resistance online i've had in a while. noticed something: we suck at team objective matches. probably its that map though, manchester is to convoluted plus just now we were made to be on defence.

i realised if i turn of the encryption from my router it works well. hope it still stays that way.

Now, what happens to resistance when warhawk comes?

M3Freak

Banned
the_id said:
noticed something: we suck at team objective matches. probably its that map though, manchester is to convoluted plus just now we were made to be on defence.

Actually, we're quite good at objective games. You probaly caught the squad on an off night - it happens.

You should see the slaughtering when we have 15+ online. We usually destroy the other team.

Kittonwy

Banned
the_id said:
First time actually got to play with you guys without getting network errors. most fun on resistance online i've had in a while. noticed something: we suck at team objective matches. probably its that map though, manchester is to convoluted plus just now we were made to be on defence.

i realised if i turn of the encryption from my router it works well. hope it still stays that way.

Nothing. We keep rolling as usual. Resistance is teh awesome-wowsome.
Indifferent2.gif

God bless teh 28 pack.
Indifferent2.gif

FredFish

You probaly caught the squad on an off night - it happens.

Hehe. An off-night. Yeah, that's the ticket :D We had a couple of really sub-par outings. As much as I hate to say it (because it will further swell his already gigantically deformed head) we could've used Aeon on defense tonight. Not because he's that skilled mind you but because he doesn't do anything but camp our base... :p

Kittonwy

Banned
the_id said:

I was drunk out of my mind (still is), what d'ya want? Actually I went on defense which is probably not a good idea because I suck at defense.
Indifferent2.gif

Steroyd

Aeon712 said:

hmmm looks like I had mine Noobified because all I had to do was add to the address reservations, maybe the equivalent on yours is Access restrictions options.

Aeon712

dralla said:
Gonna try Resistance online when I get home today, if it still doesn't work I might just do that.
FredFish said:
As much as I hate to say it (because it will further swell his already gigantically deformed head) we could've used Aeon on defense tonight. because he's that skilled mind you
The wedge is weak without the added Aeon Effectiveness I see :lol.
Steroyd said:
hmmm looks like I had mine Noobified because all I had to do was add to the address reservations, maybe the equivalent on yours is Access restrictions options.
I like the way yours looks better :(

Multi quoting on work computer is a pain argh.

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
Actually, we're quite good at objective games. You probaly caught the squad on an off night - it happens.

You should see the slaughtering when we have 15+ online. We usually destroy the other team.

Nah we've had some crappy Obj. games lately. I think we've been playing assualt so much it's affected our game. On Breach and Mealtdown, we're ok at taking nodes but then it seems like EVERYONE runs to the next node, leaving one person sometimes no one back defending a node and eventually we lose it.

tanod

when is my burrito
sutdawg said:
Nah we've had some crappy Obj. games lately. I think we've been playing assualt so much it's affected our game. On Breach and Mealtdown, we're ok at taking nodes but then it seems like EVERYONE runs to the next node, leaving one person sometimes no one back defending a node and eventually we lose it.

I think that has A LOT to do with it. :(

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
we sucked last night. I sucked real bad. almost to the point of being ashamed. I'm surprised I wasn't banned from gaf as punishment.

Aeon712

otake said:
I'm surprised I wasn't banned from gaf as punishment.
:lol

I wasn't there to overcompensate for everyone, hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow if Efertlis has anything to say about it"he's helping me as we speak with my net woes :("

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
:lol

I wasn't there to overcompensate for everyone, hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow if Efertlis has anything to say about it"he's helping me as we speak with my net woes :("

Obviously the Aeon effect was badly needed.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
puppy_kitten.jpg

^^ NO FRATERNIZING WITH TEH ENEMY!!! IT'S GAME BATTLE TIME!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST
Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

the_id

puppy_kitten.jpg

where do you get these pics i wonder? something tells me kittonwy is actually a spinster with 60 cats living on a canoe docked at some canadian river bank brewing beer.

after playing with you guys yesterday, online just got 10x better. will join in on the fun tomorrow. lets do some WEDGES!!!!!

Aeon712

I'll be MIA again :(.

Woah I just did some weird crap and now my ps3 is NAT 3 with a 192 ip addy instead of 70. Dunno if I'm on the right track or not so gonna wait for efertlis before I proceed to blow my ps3 up :lol

Fragglerocks, I turn to read Gaf, turn back around and I'm kicked off PSN

Top Bottom