• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

M3Freak

Banned
So last night I'm playing with Queeg, and just before that I had asked efertlisdotcom if he was going to join us. So, this is how it went:

me: rfom?
efertlis: ....
me: playing or not?!
efterlis: ....
efertlis: ....I need a break. I won't be on this weekend either.
me: o_O
me: o_O

I think I'm going crazy. efertils...not playing Resistance? Taking a break? WTFFF? And, what's the deal with Sutdawg? Where did he disappear to?

On the positive side, Queeg and I had some really good games. I was #1 for or in the top 5 for all of them (I think). With no efertlis or sutdawg stealing kills, my shotty and bullseye kills stunned the enemy into submission.

Then Queeg, JohnFKennedy and I played a TDM on westermorland. We got our asses handed to us. Queeg and I went 4/20. JohnF was better, but not by much. All three oppenents were on their second account, for sure. They were playing way too well for their stats.

Queeg and I didn't get any kills the first round. Never felt so helpless before - nothing I did worked.

Anyway, I'll be on for a bit tonight. Anyone joining me?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Sutdawg spent the week with his fiance. I'm going to Richmond VA for a wedding this weekend so I won't be on until Sunday night. Have fun without me ladies.

Aeon712

InterMoniker said:
I'd join in but I was kicked off the Gaf clan since I couldn't get any of you guys on my friends list so I could never join :/
Having Gaf members on your friends list doesn't matter if you are in the clan since you will show up under the clan tab. You were prob removed cause no one ever saw you on.

Kittonwy

Banned
128293527057141124halp.jpg

^^ TO DEFEND TEH BEERDOM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

FIGHT FOR BEERDOM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

methane47

Hey guys... I'm sorry that i've been absent from clan nights for the past couple weeks..

Warhawk has really taken alot of my gaming time lately..:(

BUt i promise to be online tonite :D

Steroyd

I recently got my Blu-tooth headset that definitely works for the PS3, if i'm not talking it's because it's 3am i'm half asleep and I don't feel like talking which is nearly every clan night except I could be playing Rogue Galaxy or Valkyrie Slimera all night anyway.

Kittonwy

Banned
29185508_7d1a95e33f.jpg

^^ J00 BARTENDER BEERDOM PLZ!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

RAWR BEERDOM RAWR!!! MAN TEH FUCK UP FINISH DAT SHIT!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

Angelcurio

I havent been able to play with you guys in this whole week since i got a damn cold on tuesday and still havent recovered. But today, i will join you guys once again.

4voqv5h.gif

Aeon712

I might not make it tonight, just found out I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 7:30am. The first 25min are about freaking Halol 3, I might just forget to set my alarm clock since I need to be well rested for Footballs return to Sundays :D.

dalin80

Banned
i just want to say thanks to insomniac for ruining fps's for me....

i have recently stopped playing hl2 due to the weapons just being so dull. :D

no really thanks its been a long time since i have had proper fun in a fps even if it is a odd mix of the x-files, heartbeat and MoH. looking forward to resistance 2, is there any news on that possibility yet?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dalin80 said:
i just want to say thanks to insomniac for ruining fps's for me....

i have recently stopped playing hl2 due to the weapons just being so dull. :D

no really thanks its been a long time since i have had proper fun in a fps even if it is a odd mix of the x-files, heartbeat and MoH. looking forward to resistance 2, is there any news on that possibility yet?

Possibility? Is pretty much a given.

This time next year we will be waiting for an imminent Resistance 2 release.

Wollan

There's no way there will be a Resistance 2 release next year I believe. While Insomniac are usually damn fast with their releases I believe that due to next gen productions and they having two very different genres to focus on I think the cycles will go like this:

Resistance
Ratchet
One year break
Resistance 2
Ratchet 2
One year break

Personally I don't think we can expect Resistance 2 before spring 09. I can only imagine what crazy multiplayer dream that game will bring. In the mean time we will get Killzone 2 and Socom 4 in 2008.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
There's no way there will be a Resistance 2 release next year I believe. While Insomniac are usually damn fast with their releases I believe that due to next gen productions and they having two very different genres to focus on I think the cycles will go like this:

Resistance
Ratchet
One year break
Resistance 2
Ratchet 2
One year break

Personally I don't think we can expect Resistance 2 before spring 09. I can only imagine what crazy multiplayer dream that game will bring. In the mean time we will get Killzone 2 and Socom 4 in 2008.

They cannot afford a whole year break can they?

From 2002 to 2005 Insomniac released a new R&C game every damn year. Now they are bigger, and have TWO teams working simultaneously on both franchises with people moved around as needed. Also, they use the same engine for both R&C and Resistance, so every advancement they make during the production of R&CF will apply to Resistance 2 without a "dedicated" work on that, if you get what I mean.

Resistance 2 to be out by the end of 2008. Mark my words :p

Killzone 2 will be an early 2008 game I believe (spring at the latest). Resistance 2 will be the around-christmas release.

Wollan

Sony are incredibly stuffed with multiplayer shooters this time around. I think they are at the very limit before these franchises start to eat into each other. We have Warhawk, Resistance, Socom & Killzone. All of them most likely multi-million selling franchises and also all of them totally unique.

Warhawk -> The Battlefield like experience
Resistance -> The 'UT' really fast paced with crazy weapons & skills experience
Socom -> The realistic tactical experience
Killzone -> The brutal semi tactical heavy experience

methane47

Sorry i couldn't make it on last night guys...

I had a 6-8 hour long paintball session yesterday... when I got home at like 5-6 I was so fricking tired.. and I had a headache...(because some guy managed to shoot me on my forehead... (and I had a mask with a brim... I still dont understand how he got that done)...

And I just passed out until like 6 am this morning..

Steroyd

Last night, I was trying to juggle between Football (Soccer), Warhawk, Rogue Galaxy, Valkyrie Profile 2 Slimera and Resistance, but by time it was time for Resistance I was unconscious.

There's no Football on today, and I'm not playing Warhawk tonight so that should leave me a couple of hours of sleep for Game Battle.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

I haven't been playing Resistance much lately mostly due to heavy workload and a new environment. If I can persist until mid-late October, I should be able to host my PS3 at work. :)

That means a much faster RFOM response and a great Warhawk server.
Hang'in there guys.

Aeon712

So uhh, who exactly showed up last night? No Philly Gaf, Click, Steroyd. Thats a lot of kills left on the table, whoever got a 10-20 kill owe's me 65% of their total.

Raist

Banned
Hmmm I remember an interview where they said R&C wasn't based on RFoM's engine at all. I think I even posted it but can't find it :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Raist said:
Hmmm I remember an interview where they said R&C wasn't based on RFoM's engine at all. I think I even posted it but can't find it :p

Really? I thought for sure it was, and in fact remember several previews saying the same.

Wollan said:
Sony are incredibly stuffed with multiplayer shooters this time around. I think they are at the very limit before these franchises start to eat into each other. We have Warhawk, Resistance, Socom & Killzone. All of them most likely multi-million selling franchises and also all of them totally unique.

Warhawk -> The Battlefield like experience
Resistance -> The 'UT' really fast paced with crazy weapons & skills experience
Socom -> The realistic tactical experience
Killzone -> The brutal semi tactical heavy experience

if Resistance is the UT experience then what is UT3?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Raist said:
Bah, looks like the link doesn't work anymore... was on PSU.

Hopefully it has been quoted :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150355&highlight=Insomniac

To clarify that - it's not a brand-new engine for R&CF, we've heavily modified and continued to develop the Insomniac Engine. So while it is the engine used in RFOM, there is a ton more work that has gone into it, something you can see by comparing the two games.

Hope that clears things up.

Kittonwy

Banned
1185211631-1176152948264_b.jpg

^^ IT'S TIME FOR GAME BATTLE!!! LET'S GAF THESE FUCKERS FORGET ABOUT IT!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

DO IT FOR BEERDOM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

djkimothy

I'll be on tonight as well.

I'm still pissed we lost that CTF round 1-0. :/ I respawned literally 2 seconds from when the flag was captured but I couldn't find the person. :(

I wasn't playing so hot last night. hopefully I'll fare a bit better tonight.

Kittonwy

Banned
djkimothy said:
I'll be on tonight as well.

I'm still pissed we lost that CTF round 1-0. :/ I respawned literally 2 seconds from when the flag was captured but I couldn't find the person. :(

I wasn't playing so hot last night. hopefully I'll fare a bit better tonight.

I was really sleepy last night, I had like 3 beers but I just wasn't feeling right and was off alot with my bullseye tag.
Indifferent2.gif

djkimothy

Kittonwy said:
I was really sleepy last night, I had like 3 beers but I just wasn't feeling right and was off alot with my bullseye tag.
Indifferent2.gif

Yah right, I found myself tagging people 2-3 times. It just wasn't my night...

Not to mention my dreaded Hanger and Lexington maps. >.<

I've played the game once online when I first got it and never touched it again. It just didn't gel with me. Tonight I decided to give Resistance's online another shot and even bought the map pack to increase my likelyhood of landing in an active game.

I've got to say I'm not a fan of the online set-up Resistance has, call me oldschool but I like having server lists. You can do these crazy things like see what the map is, how many people are playing, what the mode/objective is, etc.

It's kinda weak playing Capture The Flag with five other people on this too fucking huge map. You have to go on a nature hike just to see an enemy combatant. I don't want to quit out early but I get so bored roaming these empty maps.

Agent X

jaundicejuice said:
I've played the game once online when I first got it and never touched it again. It just didn't gel with me. Tonight I decided to give Resistance's online another shot and even bought the map pack to increase my likelyhood of landing in an active game.

I've got to say I'm not a fan of the online set-up Resistance has, call me oldschool but I like having server lists. You can do these crazy things like see what the map is, how many people are playing, what the mode/objective is, etc.

It's kinda weak playing Capture The Flag with five other people on this too fucking huge map. You have to go on a nature hike just to see an enemy combatant. I don't want to quit out early but I get so bored roaming these empty maps.

I like Resistance's online setup. I almost always play ranked games rather than custom games--I don't even remember what the screen looks like for custom games.

You may want to play a few games along with the GAF clan. We normally play ranked games, with an occasional unranked custom game "just for fun" every now and then to shake things up. Most of the regular players from the GAF clan would be happy to help you out along the way.

Madman

jaundicejuice said:
I've played the game once online when I first got it and never touched it again. It just didn't gel with me. I've got to say I'm not a fan of the online set-up Resistance has, call me oldschool but I like having server lists. You can do these crazy things like see what the map is, how many people are playing, what the mode/objective is, etc.
Have you tried custom games? That's basically what you are describing.

Top Bottom