• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
Steroyd said:
Haha I was contemplating joining your team to even the numbers, mysteriously when Aeon left I started getting multiple and 3 kills all of sudden. :lol

Sounds like me purchasing the new maps is going to happen soon then.

I was goofing around and then started throwing a couple of grenades getting like 3 kills with each. Soon after that Aeon bailed out.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

OK so I owed CDubb a game since he bought Resistance and we decided on Ghost Recon eventhough I dislike Ubi. I'll try to pull myself away from online co-op for some Resistance action. Also what's the state of that patch for today or was it another delay from Insomniac?

Firewire

Banned
Hey guys sorry I quit out so early last night, my g/f came by. I'm gonna spend some time getting back to form on Resistance. I haven't played it in about a month until last night. Shit I was f'n horrible! Anyways I'll try to hook up on Thursday, and hopefully I don't stink up the place like last night! :(

Steroyd

I still always lose out on one on ones.

There was a team deathmatch where the other team was so shit my K/D ratio plussed out over 2 rounds.

Aeon712

Just turned on Resistance to get the patch and it's taking forever :(. If it doesn't nerf the Shotty then this wait is all for nothing.

Aeon712

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Patch?

anything new added?
It fixed some of the glitches and I think took away the ability to go off the map on Somerset and maybe Nottingham. Oh and it also added Human vs Human back to ranked games but not Chimera vs Chimera and they didn't fix the freaking shotgun. Gosh I'm done giving Insomniac till Resistance 2.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
It fixed some of the glitches and I think took away the ability to go off the map on Somerset and maybe Nottingham. Oh and it also added Human vs Human back to ranked games but not Chimera vs Chimera and they didn't fix the freaking shotgun. Gosh I'm done giving Insomniac till Resistance 2.

I think the effective disctance of the shotgun should be reduced a bit, but otherwse it's fine. That is, the double barrel shot shouldn't kill you from 30 feet away, but it should remain a one shot kill up close.

Human vs Human should be okay. Although, I was likeing the mixed race TDMs. Not so enamoured with the human vs human stuff. Chimera vs Chimera can stay in the dumpster.

careksims

Aeon712 said:

do agree about the shotgun in need of a shorter range to kill. That's usually how I use it for. Human vs Human... hmmmm... well that will be fun in good 'ol Somerset lol.

Aeon712

Me and Chryz just played for about an hr, 1 normal game and 2 HvH. People seem to be adjusting to it again(1 team wears a helmet and the other doesnt). I ran up to a group of players and managed a stealth kill and death to their other sniper before they decided I was hostile:lol.

Aeon712

Jea Song said:
does anyone know if these map packs will become free sometime down the line?
Does anyone know if Insomniac gives refunds to the people it burned on the map pack? Considering the amount of time I played them I'd be happy with 97% of the total back :).

Jea Song

Did the right thing
gash..just wondering if they would eventually become free, I wouldnt mind paying for them, iv paid for many map packs on xbox live myself happily.

Aeon712

Jea Song said:
gash..just wondering if they would eventually become free, I wouldnt mind paying for them, iv paid for many map packs on xbox live myself happily.
:lol, my comment wasn't directed towards you. I'd actually tell you to wait till they became free unless you played custom games in which there might be 1-3 games setup on the maps.

Maggot9

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Does anyone know if Insomniac gives refunds to the people it burned on the map pack? Considering the amount of time I played them I'd be happy with 97% of the total back :).

Jeez, I'm with you on that one.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
Me and Chryz just played for about an hr, 1 normal game and 2 HvH. People seem to be adjusting to it again(1 team wears a helmet and the other doesnt). I ran up to a group of players and managed a stealth kill and death to their other sniper before they decided I was hostile:lol.

Heh heh...

That's not so bad. I sniped diagonally in front of a human foe in Somerset the other day. Both of us opened fire on other players at about the same time... as if we were in the same platoon. It took 5-6 shots before we both realized each others' race. I switched weapon and turned, but got rifle butted in the face, followed by eating hot leads.

When I revived, it's rage mode all the way to sniper hill to get even. :)

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:

DAMN! M3's rant yesterday... your little hissy fit today. Are you sure you gals weren't seperated at birth?

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:
Hey guys sorry I quit out so early last night, my g/f came by. I'm gonna spend some time getting back to form on Resistance. I haven't played it in about a month until last night. Shit I was f'n horrible! Anyways I'll try to hook up on Thursday, and hopefully I don't stink up the place like last night! :(

Thanks for showing up and playing with us.
gladtomeetya.gif

Firewire

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Thanks for showing up and playing with us.
gladtomeetya.gif

Sorry I sucked so bad! I hope to get some more online in tonight just to get back up to speed, hell I couldn't even remember how to change weapons last night, it took me a couple of minutes! I look forward to playing with you guys tomorrow, its like going to FPS school with pro's! :lol

Big-E

Fuck. I am having so many connection problems that I don't think I will be able to play for a long time. A couple of days ago my connection went to NAT 3 seemingly by itself and have been unable to get it back to NAT 2. I have tried everything but it just won't give me it. Im going to try to connect my PS3 directly to my router but that is going to require a long ass cord.

rc213

Firewire said:
Is the GAF clan playing tonight? If so same time as Tuesday (9:30est)?

I think it's only Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But I will be on around 7:30PM PST, Finally got my new modem and with the new firmware maybe I won't keep getting booted mid-game.

sutdawg

Me, Efertlis, M3Geak and Queeg's were playing last night. So it seems they brought Human Vs Human back in a big way.... every game with the exception of one was Human vs Human. I really hope they realize the ratio is way too high, I can't stand human vs human.

Firewire

Banned
rc213 said:
I think it's only Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But I will be on around 7:30PM PST, Finally got my new modem and with the new firmware maybe I won't keep getting booted mid-game.

Your right! Damn I was hopping to play in the clan tonight, and I won't be around next till Sunday.

rc213, I might see you tonight if I get on.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Big-E said:
Fuck. I am having so many connection problems that I don't think I will be able to play for a long time. A couple of days ago my connection went to NAT 3 seemingly by itself and have been unable to get it back to NAT 2. I have tried everything but it just won't give me it. Im going to try to connect my PS3 directly to my router but that is going to require a long ass cord.

Have you checked your ip address through your XMB -

Settings ---> Network Settings ----> Settings and Connection Status List

Make sure it still is a number in your routers range. 192. or 193. whatever.

Aeon had problems and was getting a NAT3 connection because his PS3 was getting a 76. something ip address.

Big-E

Beatbox said:
Have you checked your ip address through your XMB -

Settings ---> Network Settings ----> Settings and Connection Status List

Make sure it still is a number in your routers range. 192. or 193. whatever.

Aeon had problems and was getting a NAT3 connection because his PS3 was getting a 76. something ip address.

Ya I checked all that. I did open DMZ, closed DMZ, open ports, closed ports, UPnP disabled, UPnP enabled absolutely everything. I have gotten my 360 onto NAT 1 but I am stuck using stupid NAT 3 for my PS3. My ISP has been fucking up lately so it could be on them.

EDIT: LMAO. While I was writing this, my NAT went back to NAT 2. This is some weird ass shit. I fucking hate my ISP but they are the better of two evils.

Firewire said:
Is the GAF clan playing tonight? If so same time as Tuesday (9:30est)?

Thursday is an unofficial night, but it usually gets a pretty good group anyway. I'll probably be on after 9:00PM Central. (I'm HijoDelLocoRoco on PSN)

I played quite a lot of free-for-all deathmatch (for a change) on and off this afternoon while doing some work here at the house. I actually dominated some games. That never happens when I play with the Clan! :lol

rc213

Big-E said:
Ya I checked all that. I did open DMZ, closed DMZ, open ports, closed ports, UPnP disabled, UPnP enabled absolutely everything. I have gotten my 360 onto NAT 1 but I am stuck using stupid NAT 3 for my PS3. My ISP has been fucking up lately so it could be on them.

How did you get NAT1 on your 360? What's your internet setup like?

Modem/Gateway>Router/No Router>X360/PS3 (Wired/Wi-Fi)?

Big-E

rc213 said:
How did you get NAT1 on your 360? What's your internet setup like?

Modem/Gateway>Router/No Router>X360/PS3 (Wired/Wi-Fi)?

I just opened every single port and it read the NAT type as open. I am just using a standard linksys router with wireless.

Aeon712

rc213 said:
I'm not sure I understand what you did.
I dunno why but i'm :lol at this...I'll try to get some Resistance in tonight. I'm off tomorrow so I'll interrupt Chryz'z Warhawking for some afternoon games so Euro GAF is free to join :).

Big-E

rc213 said:
I'm not sure I understand what you did.

I fowarded the port ranges from 0 to the max and it changed my 360 to NAT open or NAT 1. This could be because of my ISP screwing up cause right now its back to NAT 2 for both my 360 and PS3.

rc213

Big-E said:
I fowarded the port ranges from 0 to the max and it changed my 360 to NAT open or NAT 1. This could be because of my ISP screwing up cause right now its back to NAT 2 for both my 360 and PS3.

Different PS3 NAT Types and Meanings (Generalized)

* NAT Type 1

You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled your PS3. Your PS3 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.

* NAT Type 2

Your PS3 is connected to a router. Your PS3 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.

* NAT Type 3

You are behind a router/firewall. While your PS3 may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

If you have forwarded the entire port range available to your X360 then any port ranges added for your PS3 would be useless since you can't forward a port more than once. Also, Do you have your X360 and PS3 using static IP's?

Router: 192.168.1.1
X360: 192.168.1.2
PS3: 192.168.1.3

Big-E

rc213 said:
If you have forwarded the entire port range available to your X360 then any port ranges added for your PS3 would be useless since you can't forward a port more than once. Also, Do you have your X360 and PS3 using static IP's?

Router: 192.168.1.1
X360: 192.168.1.2
PS3: 192.168.1.3

I am using static ips. I also have the PS3 set up with the DMZ.

rc213

Big-E said:
I am using static ips. I also have the PS3 set up with the DMZ.

So your PS3 should look something like this.

IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Router: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS: 192.168.1.1

Also, Remove the port forwarding that you have now for your X360. I'm guessing that's screwing up anything else you try and do. Check your routers manual for the actual range you can use per entry, Some allow the range of 100 ports or 1000. But I don't think they allow you to port forward every single port.

EDIT: I guess I didn't copy and paste properly.

You would probably be better off having the proper ports forwarded for 1 console and DMZ the other. Since Sony list which ports are needed in their online manual then I guess you should put the X360 on DMZ.

You could start off by disabling DMZ and clearing all the port forwards you have setup. Then do the PS3's port forwarding only and test to see if you get NAT2. Then add the X360 to DMZ and test to see if you get NAT2 there.

Kittonwy

Banned
shoe-kitty-pl.jpg

^^ HEY GUYZ WHAT'S GOIN' ON???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

HEY KEEDZ GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS? IT'S GAME BATTLE TIME RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Aeon712

Oudom said:
Hands down the gaf clan is superior. My clan came across the bogoloo and got raped.
:lol what's your clan name and feel free to jump ship to our clan being from GAF and all. Also I'll be on tonight, wanted to play last night but got caught up playing GRAW2 online campaign with a friend and two random people.

(Vet Player)We have to hit the buttons at the same time, if not something bad happens
(Me) OK
(Vet Player)Aeon where are you
(Me)...(thinking what will happen if I push the button)
(Me)pushes
(friend)oh **** there are attack helocopters in the sky
(Vet Player)Aeon hit the button early
(Me)Oh come on you can't tell me not to push a button
(Vet Player)anyone have a rocket
(Me & friend)...
(Me)maybe the guy without a headset has one, oh wait he's shooting at it with his rifle
(Game)Mission Failed everyone is dead

Aeon712

So what did Kitton do this time? I just checked his post history and I see nothing....And I went 44-13 one game. Almost got my second 20kill but somebody let me die when I went idle to answer the phone :(. And wow I had too much fun beating up on the secondary account losers that said we G.A.F sucks and my first account was a 1.7 blah blah. After they were owned I had about a good hr of messages for a gb and how we suck and me being a shotty whore :lol.

Top Bottom