• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Flo_Evans

White Man is MIA!

Oh and I found out why I can't display the neoGAF tag next to my name! It seems as White Man never set a tag for the clan. Damn the man! ;)

Seriously now, where the hell is the first piece of London intel located? I've found the second and third documents, but I can not for the life of me locate the first one. Anyone?

EekTheKat

I gotta admit, the
Reavers
are kinda cool to play with, if not a bit weird at times. I'm getting destroyed on hard mode trying to do cool stuff with them :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think I saw Bruceleeroy with a skeleton character model on MP, scared the shit out of me when he first popped up. :lol

Timan

Developer
I just got the game today with a ps3 (fecking scalper)...

Was wondering if the spawn points in multiplayer are screwed up, or if thats just how the game is. Every second I respawned in some team based game, not sure which. There'd be someone or more right behind me shooting my ass before I can move. That normal?

Triz

Timan said:
I just got the game today with a ps3 (fecking scalper)...

Was wondering if the spawn points in multiplayer are screwed up, or if thats just how the game is. Every second I respawned in some team based game, not sure which. There'd be someone or more right behind me shooting my ass before I can move. That normal?

Yeah played my first Online tonight and got the same thing. It seems like random respawns happen and sometimes the enemy is at the spawn point.

I must say no lag could be seen and I was having a blast playing it. Even got in a room where the team actually had headsets!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Not to step on anyone's toes, but I'd be willing to create and manage a new clan for GAF if White Man is indisposed.

Any takers? Or should we give WM a little more time?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey guys, I FINALLY am getting my PS3 tonight. Jeez, I know, 20 days is sooo long (just feels that way I guess). This means I will finally be playing Resistance online with ya'll at night.

jstevenson is the network account I think I'm going to stick to, will let you know if it changes (I have a bunch that I snatched up right when they started letting us snap up names on the final).

Anyways --- not sure exactly when I'll be on tonight (kinda wanna watch Stargate on Blu-Ray too :)), but my goal is to get some time in tonight - and a lot this weekend. Feel free to add me!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
bigfatgameguy said:
If i can do clan invites, Ill do it. Ive played with you as well, shot you in the face a few times.
:lol I believe it.

Not to make excuses, but I took a break from mp for like 2-3 days (to play more single player), and went back to mp and I had a habit of losing every single match I played in, not even ranking in the top 5. Usually I get around top 3 every time. o_O

Gonna play some mp later today, hopefully I have better luck.
must....improve.....rank. :D

lunlunqq

jstevenson said:
Hey guys, I FINALLY am getting my PS3 tonight. Jeez, I know, 20 days is sooo long (just feels that way I guess). This means I will finally be playing Resistance online with ya'll at night.

jstevenson is the network account I think I'm going to stick to, will let you know if it changes (I have a bunch that I snatched up right when they started letting us snap up names on the final).

Anyways --- not sure exactly when I'll be on tonight (kinda wanna watch Stargate on Blu-Ray too :)), but my goal is to get some time in tonight - and a lot this weekend. Feel free to add me!

:D :D :D

White Man, send this guy a clan invitation plz. it's always good to have a developer on our team.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
lunlunqq said:
:D :D :D

White Man, send this guy a clan invitation plz. it's always good to have a developer on our team.

Oh man I'd love to play with you guys. Please come over the Japanese servers :/

methane47

jstevenson said:

What in the world?!?! you frickin made the game..!! how can they not give you a PS3 to enjoy it on... :( wow... Thats just messed up...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
methane47 said:
What in the world?!?! you frickin made the game..!! how can they not give you a PS3 to enjoy it on... :( wow... Thats just messed up...

Most Insomniacs don't have them - we're not internal Sony employees so we're not part of their buy-in program. It's been so busy I haven't had time to play during the day at work, and I'm not keen on sticking around here too much longer than I have to - I'd much rather play on my big-screen and surround sound at home.

Ceb

TTP said:
Oh man I'd love to play with you guys. Please come over the Japanese servers :/

Sony's reluctance to support cross-continent online play really sucks. I don't see myself playing a lot of Resistance online come March if I can't game against US PS3 owners.

jstevenson, is it possible at all to fix this via a patch? And even if it is, would it be too costly to implement and thus deemed not worthy?

ROFL

Hail Britannia
jstevenson said:

Congrats James! :D

Ceb said:
Sony's reluctance to support cross-continent online play really sucks. I don't see myself playing a lot of Resistance online come March if I can't game against US PS3 owners.

jstevenson, is it possible at all to fix this via a patch? And even if it is, would it be too costly to implement and thus deemed not worthy?

I believe it is that way to prevent the possibility of lag and server latency

Online is getting very frustrating because 90% of the time I play now my stats are not recorded and I gain no exp. It used to just "lag" by a few hours, but I've lost entire days and 1000s of kills now. Ugh. This REALLY needs to be fixed. I can play 12 hours a day and gain 200 exp. WTF?

Triz

jstevenson said:

Ill add you when I get home tonight. and Stargate on Blu-Ray is awesome!

Insomniac blog on the upcoming MP patch (old?)

We’re not content to sit back and let R:FOM stagnate now that we’ve launched it. We know that an online game is an active and evolving entity. We’re committing to being involved in the community and making changes and additions over the life of the game. In fact, though most of our team has had a chance to squeeze in week or two of vacation here and there, since we shipped we’ve been working extremely hard to get a significant rebalancing and tuning update ready. I can’t yet talk about all the things we’ve changed, but I really think that people will be very pleased to see how responsive this is to some concerns that have come out since we went live. We’ve addressed a few key balance issues and put a big focus on making it possible to more effectively use a variety of strategic and team-based tactics in the game. I’m very excited to see how people like the change when it releases. That should happen very soon, so stay tuned.

I've been pretty happy with the balance out of the box myself, particularly the weapons. I suppose the Chimera/Human element could be tightened up a bit though. Wonder what "more effectively use a variety of strategic and team-based tactics in the game" is referring to? Patch should be popping up pretty soon I guess.

Hey I'm down for whatever clan you guys are putting together. Handle= DirtyWater, add me mighty GAFers.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I put together a backup Clan for GAF last night. Let me know anyone who wants to get added and I'll update tonight.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Online is getting very frustrating because 90% of the time I play now my stats are not recorded and I gain no exp. It used to just "lag" by a few hours, but I've lost entire days and 1000s of kills now. Ugh. This REALLY needs to be fixed. I can play 12 hours a day and gain 200 exp. WTF?

This should be fixed... we're working on a way to recover the stats you lost as well.

If you're still having a problem, let me know your PSN ID.

JS

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I've been pretty happy with the balance out of the box myself, particularly the weapons. I suppose the Chimera/Human element could be tightened up a bit though. Wonder what "more effectively use a variety of strategic and team-based tactics in the game" is referring to? Patch should be popping up pretty soon I guess.

Can't say too much, but think about the major thing you can use to enhance team-play. We're tightening that up.

Your first two statements might be more related than you realize.

Hopefully the patch gets through format QA soon, and then we can say more.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ceb said:

It's something that we want to support, and since its not just a straight software/patch issue, we obviously must and are working with Sony to get it knocked out. I don't have much else I can share at this point.

mr_nothin

Banned
jstevenson said:
Can't say too much, but think about the major thing you can use to enhance team-play. We're tightening that up.

Better headset/mic/talking support fix confirmed

jstevenson said:

Hey, do you guys have any plans on creating a team based game type using the basic idea of Conversion?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
AltogetherAndrews said:
Hey, do you guys have any plans on creating a team based game type using the basic idea of Conversion?

Haven't announced any plans for new multiplayer game modes... but we have the capability with patching and stuff, so who knows?

Also cool - we can change the rules of ranked games over time (ie, weapons in that particular game, etc. I'm a big fan of unlimited ammo grenade matches myself).

JS

Triz

jstevenson said:
Haven't announced any plans for new multiplayer game modes... but we have the capability with patching and stuff, so who knows?

Also cool - we can change the rules of ranked games over time (ie, weapons in that particular game, etc. I'm a big fan of unlimited ammo grenade matches myself).

JS

I added you J

mackaveli

can someone invite me to a clan too :)

id is mackaveli

im playing in couple of hours.

For ranked games can you not edit the options so i never have to play conversion games? they are so annoying i hate them. Also how do you get new gear? do you only get them by playing single player??

Azrael

mackaveli said:
can someone invite me to a clan too :)

id is mackaveli

im playing in couple of hours.

For ranked games can you not edit the options so i never have to play conversion games? they are so annoying i hate them. Also how do you get new gear? do you only get them by playing single player??

You get most of the gear by going up ranks in multiplayer. There's a few you can get by beating the game on Hard and Superhuman and getting all skill points though.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
You may need to re-add me since I hadn't logged onto the game with my PSN id yet until tonight.

I'm playing now though.

JS

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
So I sent a few clan invites out. Mackaveli, Bad_Boy, JB1981, huka, BobTheFork. I'll send more as you guys let me know what your IDs are. PM me.

I tried to invite jstevenson into the clan but his ID was coming up invalid :(

_Angelus_

Banned
If noone minds me not having a mic then by all means someone invite me to join a game.
PorkChopExpress is my I.D.

I'll be going online in 10 minutes.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
jstevenson said:
jstevenson
added. :)
kaching said:
So I sent a few clan invites out. Mackaveli, Bad_Boy, JB1981, huka, BobTheFork. I'll send more as you guys let me know what your IDs are. PM me.

I tried to invite jstevenson into the clan but his ID was coming up invalid :(
thanks, accepted. I only see Bob and you in there so far though.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'll hop on again to invite you two in just a sec.

Edit: jstevenson, any chance myresistance.net is eventually going to let us manage clans from the site (send invites, etc.)?

mackaveli

does the socom mic work? i might have to get that from my parents this weekend cause damn is it pretty boring with no one talking.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kaching said:
Edit: jstevenson, any chance myresistance.net is eventually going to let us manage clans from the site (send invites, etc.)?
That would be awesome. I like the sound of that. :)
Would it be possible to send messages to your resistance buddies/clan from the website as well?

mackaveli said:
does the socom mic work? i might have to get that from my parents this weekend cause damn is it pretty boring with no one talking.
Yeah I think it does.

lunlunqq

kaching, add me plz. the id is lunlunqq. i'm in bed now. i will accept the invitation tomorrow.

there haven't been any activities in the official neoGAF clan. no clan game setup or what so ever. i actually seldom see any clan members online...

Top Bottom