• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Bad_Boy said:
So how do you get the skeleton skin/model now? I'm guessing it comes from something in single player because I'm ranked higher than some people who have it. o_O

I swear I was freaking out the first time I saw it online....now it must be mine. ;)

All skill points and beat the game on superhuman mode.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheJollyCorner said:
I never got the clan invite :(

I'm good, I promise! :D

IrishFigg <--
I know I sent you an invite, and I'm pretty sure when I was checking everything last night, the invite was still out there. *shrugs* I'll try resending it tonight.

Baron, gluv and Kittonwy - I'll send invites your way tonight as well.

I'd like to join the clan if possible. User is greatestjediever

Unfortunately I don't have a bluetooth headset yet though, so if I end up playing, just think of me as the mute HARBINGER OF DEATH!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I've invited everyone who asked in the last page or so, except...

Baron Aloha said:
Can you add me too? My PSN ID is 'Will0928'. Thanks.
Baron, whenever I try to invite that ID, Resistance tells me it can't find it.

jstevenson,

I've sent invites to a few people and gotten rejections back, but they say they never got the invite (lunlunqq, for example). Are you guys aware of any problems affecting clan invites?

Agent X

I'd like to join the NeoGAF clan. I haven't really played online very much, but wouldn't mind joining you guys when the opportunity arises for some big multiplayer fun.

Username is: AgentX

Thanks!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'll send you an invite tomorrow, Agent X. The clan's upto almost 30 now, once everyone accepts their invites. We need to try to get everyone into a game soon!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kaching said:
I'll send you an invite tomorrow, Agent X. The clan's upto almost 30 now, once everyone accepts their invites. We need to try to get everyone into a game soon!
Agreed, how about a server match every week or so? Pick a day and time and I'll definately be there. :D

lunlunqq

do we have to quit the old neoGAF clan in order to join the new clan? i wonder if that's the reason why i never received the clan invitation? can we be in multiple clans at the same time? or we can be in only one clan at a time?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
lunlunqq said:
do we have to quit the old neoGAF clan in order to join the new clan? i wonder if that's the reason why i never received the clan invitation? can we be in multiple clans at the same time? or we can be in only one clan at a time?
one clan at a time, youll have to leave the old one.

lunlunqq

oh, i c... i just left the old neoGAF clan. kinda feel bad about leaving it... plz re-send me the invitation. i think this time it should be fine.

Ckid

just got my ps3 and resistance. what a great game especially the online. i played the hell out of gears but i think the online in this game makes it just about as good.:)

Dazzyman

Can I join the clan too please? Gamertag Dazzyman

Not got a headset yet though but you wouldnt want a yorkshireman whittering at you anyway

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If you want to be invited to the GAF Resistance clan, please read

For future requests, it would be easier if you simply PM me, so I don't have to keep sifting through this thread or relocating it when it drops off the front page of the forum.

Please spread the word.

Edit: Anyone who made their request before this, I'll be sending invites to you soon.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dazzyman, Resistance says you don't exist when I try to send you an invite. You sure that's your id, or are you perhaps using a JP account?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kaching, what do you think about a weekly (meaning one specific day out of the week, every week) scrimage of the gaf members? Maybe you could make a Gaf Clan thread, and make a server every week. We really need to get organized imo. I rarely get to play with more than 1 of you guys at a time. Would be nice to have a gaf only server setup at a time everybody knows about.

Just a thought. :p

ManaByte

I really didn't like the first couple levels. But after the tank part I'm liking it a lot more. Will play more later tonight after my MC raid.

Dazzyman

Ive sent you a friend invite this evening Kaching (is that your tag on their?). Im using a USA account for Dazzyman (Dazman is japanese account). Its a Japanese machine with japanese game if that helps. Also had to login for first time tonight online so that might be why it couldnt find me (Ive restarted with blood save).

Kittonwy

Banned
Nobody is on? Oh well.
angry.gif

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Actually, I take it back --- last second phone call and I gotta run out for a while. I may be on late... should be on tomorrow for sure.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Bad_Boy said:
kaching, what do you think about a weekly (meaning one specific day out of the week, every week) scrimage of the gaf members? Maybe you could make a Gaf Clan thread, and make a server every week. We really need to get organized imo. I rarely get to play with more than 1 of you guys at a time. Would be nice to have a gaf only server setup at a time everybody knows about.

Just a thought. :p
I think a weekly scrimmage is a great idea, but you shouldn't need me to be the one to necessarily set it up. Clan ownership doesn't give me any special rights to set up clan matches. Owning the clan is strictly administrative - invites, messages on the clan 'page', etc.

I'd be willing to take the lead on organizing a weekly game, but it's ultimately going to take more than someone setting up a thread about it for it to succeed.

Let's see how it goes: Weekly Resistance Scrimmage thread, in the Online Forum

patsu

I'm stucked in Common Grounds, Cheddar Gorge. The last (?) road block at the tunnel won't open. I have eliminated the 2 tougher bunkers (4 altogether) and some smaller camp at the end. How do I get the road block to lift ?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kaching said:
I think a weekly scrimmage is a great idea, but you shouldn't need me to be the one to necessarily set it up. Clan ownership doesn't give me any special rights to set up clan matches. Owning the clan is strictly administrative - invites, messages on the clan 'page', etc.

I'd be willing to take the lead on organizing a weekly game, but it's ultimately going to take more than someone setting up a thread about it for it to succeed.

Let's see how it goes: Weekly Resistance Scrimmage thread, in the Online Forum
Thats a great start imo kaching. Unfortunately I dont think many people check the online match up forum, maybe theres a way to get everybody to check the page in the clan quickly so we can get a game before the next couple of weeks. Do you think you could leave a clan message to check that forum with the "clan page msg" thing you have rights to. If you need me to, I could pm everyone to that url.

patsu said:
I'm stucked in Common Grounds, Cheddar Gorge. The last (?) road block at the tunnel won't open. I have eliminated the 2 tougher bunkers (4 altogether) and some smaller camp at the end. How do I get the road block to lift ?

I passed that part just recently patsu...
are you talking about the big closed up tunnel that's a little past the broken bridge? You're not supposed to go through there, when you get to that end just spin around to your left and keep heading up the gorge, hugging the rock wall. It's leveled like a series of steps.

patsu

Ok thanks, I got out. Basically backtracked a little and found another blocked path out of the Gorge. So far, the game requires no backtracking (every level and path is new and different)... which is really great ! I'm onto the game now.

JB1981

Just played a game of Breach with a bunch of cool guys. Now THAT is the way you play online MP. One of the best MP game types I've ever played. I wish more people would play it. GAF: we need to have a Breach game stat.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JB1981 said:
Just played a game of Breach with a bunch of cool guys. Now THAT is the way you play online MP. One of the best MP game types I've ever played. I wish more people would play it. GAF: we need to have a Breach game stat.
Sign the page so we can get it done...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5067088

come on gaf clan, lets get some gaf matches going.
somebody quote this post 20 times so people actually read it. :/

mr_nothin

Banned
jstevenson said:
Breach rules. As does Meltdown. So addictive, and the Arc Charger is da bomb in those game modes.

JS
Head on over to the Ratchet and Clank PS3 thread and tell us what you wish/hope is in the next one :)
You know you want to

Dazzyman

What is the deal regarding the clan then guys? Are you all using the USA server or japanese one or does it make any difference? Im on a Japanese machine (in UK :lol ) and japanese game with a USA account. Would getting a USA game make it so I can use a USA server or is it machine checked? Just trying to figure it out as I havent recieved an invite

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I haven't read this thread in a while since I haven't quite beaten the game yet. I am (or was) very far along, but I booted up Resistance tonight and it started installing again, then it wouldn't show my save game in the menu, so my only option is to start a new game. I went back to the dashboard and my save file and the original game data file created on 11/17 are still on the hard drive, but when I boot up the game it doesn't recognize the save file so I can't select continue campaign.

Has this happened to anyone and if so is there a fix? I do not want to start over, I was almost done.

I really wish I knew how EXP was calculated. I see people with stats that are literally HALF of mine, and yet are higher ranked. Part of it is that I literally have thousands of kills at this point for which I've received no exp, which doesn't help, but you can't tell me someone with 3k kills and 2k deaths in unranked matches, and no stats in ranked, is a Colonel or General. I have 7k kills and about 3.5 deaths and in a Lt. Colonel :/ I also figure what ribbons you earn have to do with it... but I've got those in leaps and bounds too, much more so then some other people I see.

I did see a Supreme Commander (2 Pips) today, which was interesting. About 6k kills and 1.5k deaths in Ranked... which is damn amazing but a bit deceptive as he had literally nearly a 1000 node and flag captures... I'm guessing he barely plays deathmatch games.

Top Bottom