• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

akachan ningen said:
Good games tonight. So, I was thinking about getting a blue tooth headset, but do they all have that problem where they stop working after a little while? My PS2 set works fine, but it's uncomfortable.

I was wondering the same thing. I just picked up a Motorola H700 and it sounds great, but every game it seems to just stop working. At first I was like, why is everyone so quiet....then it hit me.

Is this just a Bluetooth oddness or are they addressing it? The strat games with mic are ace.

ok Insomniac, I think it's time to reveal your super awesome secrets with the game clock now. We saw it in the Ratchet and Clank series, now spill the beans!

Safe Bet

Banned
Just owned someone from IGN in team deathmatch...

;)

If you're reading: good game bro...

Also, I think I noticed some Insomniac guys playing (AoD?) ranked today.

Safe Bet said:
Just owned someone from IGN in team deathmatch...

;)

If you're reading: good game bro...

Also, I think I noticed some Insomniac guys playing (AoD?) ranked today.

If you're talking about the clan [IGN] I don't think that has anything to do with IGN.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
But AoD is the Agentz of Doom - a clan I neglected to join because I wanted to play with you guys --- of course, me actually being home on a weekend night would be a start.

Safe Bet

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
If you're talking about the clan [IGN] I don't think that has anything to do with IGN.
So much for making assumptions...

Now I feel kinda silly for screaming, "Take that Mr. I get paid to play games!" at him.

lol

Riddler

Safe Bet said:
So much for making assumptions...

Now I feel kinda silly for screaming, "Take that Mr. I get paid to play games!" at him.

lol

Hey I got you a few times also Safe Bet :)

The clan IGN is just a group of people from the PS3 IGN forum.

Safe Bet

Banned
Riddler said:
Hey I got you a few times also Safe Bet :)
:p

I should be on tonight.

Whoever hosts the party, remember to check the Clan List to see who's on and send them party invites between games please.

If you sign on and see us in a game, just wait a few minutes (or play non-ranked) and you should receive an invite without having to wait too long...

akachan ningen said:
I don't know if it's been around for long enough for this to happen, but are there any infamous players or clans playing this right now?

Just go to myresistance.net and check out their Online forums (warning, extreme trolling/flaming going on there). [P$] is probably the most infamous clan. Great players, extremely cocky attitudes.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Crackerman16 said:
Just go to myresistance.net and check out their Online forums (warning, extreme trolling/flaming going on there). [P$] is probably the most infamous clan. Great players, extremely cocky attitudes.

Heh --- and all I've been getting complements on is how aggressive my mods are.

JS

This may be par for the course when it comes to official game forums, but the behavior of users on the myresistance.net forum is ****ing sad. I'd like to post there more as it is the official forum, but it's honestly not very appealing.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
AltogetherAndrews said:
This may be par for the course when it comes to official game forums, but the behavior of users on the myresistance.net forum is ****ing sad.

Noted. We weren't prepared for the growth to be quite as rapid and the mods might be a bit stretched out.

JS

jstevenson said:
Noted. We weren't prepared for the growth to be quite as rapid and the mods might be a bit stretched out.

JS

Oh, I understand, just reporting the field view. :) . I'd assume it's a pretty tricky balancing act, keeping things in order to make it appealing to Resistance fans while at the same time not going overboard and scaring people away by overly strict moderation.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
AltogetherAndrews said:
Oh, I understand, just reporting the field view. :) . I'd assume it's a pretty tricky balancing act, keeping things in order to make it appealing to Resistance fans while at the same time not going overboard and scaring people away by overly strict moderation.

You have no idea. But I take what you folks have to say seriously, so I'll be looking into this.

JS

On a more positive note, Lexington seems to have become a valid map for Ranked games now. Best god damned map in the game, it's about time it became more common. Or maybe it was just luck.

Big-E

AltogetherAndrews said:
On a more positive note, Lexington seems to have become a valid map for Ranked games now. Best god damned map in the game, it's about time it became more common. Or maybe it was just luck.

Damn straight. I just love it when everyone is on the top deck on opposing sides and I sit there with my Fareye and start popping some heads.

The official forums will never be anything other than a cesspool. Same thing with any MMO really. The type of people who make up the majority of the player base are just sad wastes of humanity, or at least they like to play one on the internet. I haven't run into many retards using mics yet though, and that is a HUGE relief.

J-Rzez

Crackerman16 said:

What games do these guys play in? And what times? I've never seen them before...

Big-E

J-Rzez said:
What games do these guys play in? And what times? I've never seen them before...

I have played against some of them before but not recently. The members that I played I beat though but that was around launch.

J-Rzez said:

Ranked almost exclusively. They're all supreme commanders so you probably won't get matched up against them on a regular basis. They're good, for sure, but their stats are somewhat deceiving given they almost exclusively play together and all have mics - and the matching system puts up some pretty lopsided matches. They've also been around a lot longer than Resistance (the core players at least, which are all you have to "worry" about).

J-Rzez

They've also been around a lot longer than Resistance (the core players at least, which are all you have to "worry" about).

I think I remember that tag from Socom 3... eh... anyways, was hoping I'd get to play them, but I never play ranked games...

M3Freak

Banned
I played more of the campaign tonight. I ended the game at the start of the level where you see the chimera hatching and getting their cooling gear implanted.

Anyway, the level of detail and graphics has increased tremendously as I have progressed. The blue tubes transporting the humans to the processing areas looked amazing, as did everything else. Eventually I made it to this "engine" room - holy hell. Looked brilliant.

I wanted to take pictures, but whavever. Every one has seen this stuff already.

Have to say that I was a little jumpy in parts, but it's okay now. I've gotten used to the chimera jumping out of no where. I think...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Safe Bet said:
...melee kills are the new hotness.

Heh, I remember a team-based game once where I was following a large group of chimera and got like 8 stealth kills in a row during the Sony beta.

Felt so good.

Im new to the world of rfom, anyway any update on worldwide serves and i played with someone who was a skeleton last night whats that all about.

jstevenson said:
Heh --- and all I've been getting complements on is how aggressive my mods are.

JS

Umm... yeah. >.>
The first 5 or so weeks, the forums were pretty good, minus all the bragging. But after that, it got worse and worse. Now, it's overrun with idiots because mods don't ban people often enough (or at all). You guys should try out GAF's ban process... very strict, but not permanent.

The official forums will never be anything other than a cesspool. Same thing with any MMO really. The type of people who make up the majority of the player base are just sad wastes of humanity, or at least they like to play one on the internet. I haven't run into many retards using mics yet though, and that is a HUGE relief.

HEHE... just wait a while. Most online shooters eventually get a bunch of jackasses. Right now, not so much. But I'm afraid later down the line, it'll get to be like other F/TPSers. I just hope it doesn't end up as bad as Halo or SOCOM.

Finally earned the Black Ops skin, disappointed that there wasn't an additional twist at the end. No matter, I still have skill points to figure out!

Safe Bet

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
jesus christ... my stats STILL haven't updated.

I've played like 25 ranked games with GAF and its not showing up. :(
Mine still take a few hours to update in-game, but they do update...

However, myresistance.net updates really quickly (except for rank).

*ponder*

Safe Bet

Banned
lunlunqq said:
i had a off night yesterday...
I noticed both you and Bob were a little off.

It was the first time I placed higher on the leaderboards than either of you.

Rant:

I wish there was an 'arming range' placed on the LAARK. The rocket does not arm until it has 'flown' a set distance, etc.

I'm geting tired of killing myself with the damn thing...

;)

jjasper

Played a good bit last night. got to the start of conversion (I think that is the name of it).

Very impressed so far the story seems very involving and liked both the big battles in York and the conversion facility. Graphics in the beginning seem great to me so if it gets better later awesome. I can't wait to see the snow in action.

I thought the first part was hard as hell cause [spolier] your not infected yet and cannot regenerate. The whole time I was like WTF I thought I could regenerate to the top of the quater I was in[/spoiler]:lol

Controls are great so far no complaints

Awesome game so far.

Kittonwy

Banned
Safe Bet said:
I noticed both you and Bob were a little off.

It was the first time I placed higher on the leaderboards than either of you.

Rant:

I wish there was an 'arming range' placed on the LAARK. The rocket does not arm until it has 'flown' a set distance, etc.

I'm geting tired of killing myself with the damn thing...

;)

You shouldn't be using it as a close-range weapon. :p

ok, my stats finally updated. I even got a message congratulating me "for my efforts against the Chimera" and I'm now a Major. After my stats caught up, I went straight to a level 3 Major. :lol

anyone playing tonight?

theBishop

Banned
Does anyone else think the Auger should be more powerful?

Because th bullets have to "bore" through solid objects, and the pace of the multiplayer is so quick, the gun is pretty ineffective compared to the go-to Bullseye or Carbine. And to make matters worse, the magazine is too small to really "Spray" through a wall since the bore-delay makes accurate aiming nearly useless.

Its an awesome weapon from a creative perspective, but not very effective against the other automatic weapons.

I think the Bullseye is the best, most effective weapon in the multiplayer game.

theBishop said:
Does anyone else think the Auger should be more powerful?

Because th bullets have to "bore" through solid objects, and the pace of the multiplayer is so quick, the gun is pretty ineffective compared to the go-to Bullseye or Carbine. And to make matters worse, the magazine is too small to really "Spray" through a wall since the bore-delay makes accurate aiming nearly useless.

Its an awesome weapon from a creative perspective, but not very effective against the other automatic weapons.

I think the Bullseye is the best, most effective weapon in the multiplayer game.

Yeah, people hardly stand still in MP, making the Auger only worth a damn if the game is on One-Hit Kills.

Then again, I love the joy of finding some jackass in The Mall lurking in one of the rooms and blasting him from above w/ the Auger. :D

Top Bottom