• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Uno Ill Nino said:
Any microphones supported by this game? My friend and I used Xbox LIVE private chat so we could talk while we played. There's gotta be a better way...

Any USB headset, just about any Bluetooth headset.

I gotta fly, but you need to a) set it up in the Sony OS b) either press to talk or join a squad together.

Safe Bet

Banned
Just got out of a game against a couple of AMAZING players...

They were dropping me with ~5 shots from the Bulleys, no tag.

I went 1 - 7 as human. Worst game I've ever had.

Those guys were ****ing incredible...

lunlunqq

Safe Bet said:
Just got out of a game against a couple of AMAZING players...

They were dropping me with ~5 shots from the Bulleys, no tag.

I went 1 - 7 as human. Worst game I've ever had.

Those guys were ****ing incredible...

I was dropped out because of a "network connection error..." first this type error i've ever had during a resistance game... :(

i wanted to jump back in... but i received an email from my department head asking for some documents. had to work on it right away. school's starting... depressing...

M3Freak said:
The explanation wasn't quite clear. Are you saying:

1. Press and hold L1 to tag something (e.g. a wall).
2. When the red laser comes out, then press and hold R1 until you're out of ammo, or fire until you feel you have enough "trapped".
3. Point your gun at your target.
4. Press L1 twice or more to kill the target.

Is that right?

Yes. Just practice with my instructions and you'll see how it's done.

J-Rzez said:
Hit L1 to "target" a new object or baddie with that trap, hold it down to set it off...

No. You only hold it if you want it to blow up near your enemy. If you want to snipe with the "trap," keep pressing secondary fire until the tag/bullets reach your target.

J-Rzez

Crackerman16 said:
No. You only hold it if you want it to blow up near your enemy. If you want to snipe with the "trap," keep pressing secondary fire until the tag/bullets reach your target.

Isn't that what I said? :p

After you make the swarm like he knew, you then target a baddie, or new target and hit L1 (secondary fire default)... it'll move the swarm to the new spot, OR, if you tag a baddie, instant kill usually... you hold it down to explode it yourself if someone is close, but not close enough to set it off by walking into it...

I know what i'm saying, I do it all the time... and it's basically what you said... /confused

Remy

Safe Bet said:
Oh..

Hey Remey I discovered something last night...

LAARK > Flying Wedge

*chuckle*

5 kills with two rockets...

;)

Who? :lol

I don't think "flying wedge" is really an accurate name for the move we seem to do every now and then, although it is fun to say - we don't bunch up enough that two LAARK shots could take everyone out. If we were that close, we'd be friendly firing up the wazoo.

Maybe "swarming" is a better term. We gradually form into a mob and when you have 4-6 people shooting at the same guy, you rack up easy kills + lots of assist points.

It's actually a really fascinating recurring decentralized system.

Kittonwy

Banned
I have been promoted to sargeant!!!
angry.gif

EDIT: Make that STAFF SARGEANT!!! I'm moving up in the world, watch out!!!
angry.gif

Safe Bet

Banned
Sorry about the following triple post but I'm using the PS3 Browser and it doesn't cut & paste atm.

AltogetherAndrews said:
LAARK is such a kidz gun
Yes it is but I don't have enough willpower to not use it when I happen to pick on up.

Safe Bet

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I have been promoted to sargeant!!!
angry.gif
I just made full bird. :p

I'm really digging the black leather Commando skins.

I know it's alot to ask from a launch game but I wish we had some way to 'view' our player models in 3D instead of the flat 2D pics we have now.

Viva la Resistance II!

J-Rzez

chubigans said:
I posted a big ol' impressions post on how awesome 7.1 PCM Resistance is.
http://blogs.ign.com/chubigans/2007/01/12/
Man oh man, I love 7.1. Thank you Insomniac! Woooooooo!

Yeah, Resistance is a more complete package than people give Insomniac credit for... Great SP, Great MP, Great visuals, Great Gameplay, and Great Audio...

I'm upgrading as well, just I'm holding out for a 1.3 HDMI compliant unit, preferably from Denon ;)

Gremmie4

I have a blutooth headset question and hopefully I can get some help since I know nothing about bluetooth headsets. I bought a cardo scala 700 off Amazon and it seems to work fine. It paired up with no problem, it sounds good, and people can hear me real good as well. However, the problem I am having is when I join a squad, my microphone icon is either on the screen the whole time or it flashes on and off without me saying anything. A buddy of mine said my name was on his screen the whole game or my name was cutting out, like I was talking but they couldn't hear anything because I wasn't saying anything. Is anyone else having this problem? Hopefully this makes sense and I can get some help with this.

BTW, if you guys run into MOLeary, that's me.

Safe Bet

Banned
lunlunqq said:
who else is on tonight?
I'll be on but I've got to give fair warning, there's another round of ice hitting my area tonight so I might have to drop early if the electricity starts flickering.

Wollan

DON't FORGET THE SCHEDULED GAME TONIGHT @ 7PM PST. Details below.

Reposted for great justice.

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 8pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

jjasper

I submitted my PSN tag to kaching (jjasper) funny that I was one of the first to talk about the clan and I am just now joining.

BTW. I just started the Manchester level, damn that shit is intense

I don't have a mic yet though

Safe Bet

Banned
Gremmie4 said:
my microphone icon is either on the screen the whole time or it flashes on and off without me saying anything. A buddy of mine said my name was on his screen the whole game or my name was cutting out, like I was talking but they couldn't hear anything because I wasn't saying anything.
Your 'sending' when you don't mean to..

Go to settings and turn down your mic sensitivity...

Big-E

JStevenson we ran into a major bug. We were playing a meltdown inn Manchester and right at the beginging our HUDS disappeared and we couldnt capture any nodes. We would shoot all the bars but no captures. Plus we couldnt see each other.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
JStevenson we ran into a major bug. We were playing a meltdown inn Manchester and right at the beginging our HUDS disappeared and we couldnt capture any nodes. We would shoot all the bars but no captures. Plus we couldnt see each other.

I was frozen and had to quit game. >_<

Big-E said:
we couldn't see each other because everyone dropped dead. We couldn't press start to quit either.

garrickk

Do you create private games? If not, what typically is the room/game name? I could search it out and join. I'd like to play occasionally with GAFers but probably won't be available enough to warrant a clan invite.

Thanks,
Garrick

JB1981

Hey, wait a sec: LastSonofKrypton, when you sent me a friend request did you just send it to me on Resistance or did you send it to me over PSN as well? I don't remember you sending me one over PSN and now you've been added to my PSN friendslist. Did Insomniac make an update or something?

sorry i left guys - it was getting late and i didn't wanna leave in the middle of a match. i moved up to lieutenant (yeah!

16 GAFFERS running down the other team is a sight to see. Good times.

Remy

Wow. After getting wrecked the first few games, the wedge became unstoppable. That lopsided Meltdown game was just...I'm still smirking about it.

For those asking about the game nights, here's a few things I find myself repeating:

- The easiest way to get invited into the game is to be a part of the clan. We regularly go through the clan list after each match and invite anyone who's come online since the start of the last game. PM kaching to get added.

- We tend to stick to Ranked Team games. I'd love to do a Custom match sometime but everyone seems pretty gung ho on the ranked stuff, and it's equally fun.

- Alternately, it's best to add one of the people who tend to make the parties to your list. This includes myself (PSN: RemyVJA), BobTheFork, BigE, lunlunqq, and thebishop. I'm sure other people have made the parties from time to time, but across all of the nights I've played, these seem to be the usual people for running the party.

- You should join Squad X-Ray once any team game starts, even if you don't have a mic. All players can benefit from respawning near the squad (all modes save Team DM), which helps when trying to get everyone to a node at the same time. We picked X-Ray because most players automatically go to Tango, which means we get left alone by the people who can't seem to shut up. To change your squad: Pause, pick "Change Squad", and scroll down, -OR- press Triangle on the staging screen and change it there.

- Embrace the Flying Wedge. If we're playing Team DM, chances are we will form into a massive swarm, following each other on laps around the map and quickly squashing small pockets of the other team. This is the wedge, and it is in your best interest to join it.

JStevenson: I don't know if it's of any use, but in case the back end for the stats data in very robust and you can dig up logs for each particular game: the buggy game mentioned up thread is the only quit listed on my account (again, RemyVJA). Just in case you can cross-reference that somehow...

SleazyC

Amazing games tonight guys. I'll try to get on more regularly school was really beating me d own and I get a bit of a break now so I'll be playing much more.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I didnt get a chance to play tonight but are you serious about the "flying wedge?" :lol That sounded awesome, I'll be sure to catch the next game night.

SleazyC

Bad_Boy said:
I didnt get a chance to play tonight but are you serious about the "flying wedge?" :lol That sounded awesome, I'll be sure to catch the next game night.
We finished a game of meltdown in about 5 minutes because of the wedge. We were actually camping the other teams base and they couldn't get down.

Big-E

Well said Remy. GG to all who played. I think this was the best night so far. Faced some fairly decent oposition tonight too but as Remy said, the wedge was too much.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
fun games tonight, guys.

I'm starting to fall in love with the Bullseye. Amazing how many people just don't shake it off.

OK that was awesome tonight. The wedge is supreme. Bow to the wedge.

I'll practice up and contribute more next games. That was my first time in multiplayer with Res.

GG all.

Top Bottom