• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun Does It Again: New, Free Content Out Now, New Challenges/Features/Trophies

Anyone else not able to do challenges, can't connect to the game server?

Also, why is here only one challenge available and the next one unlocks at rank 6? Is upsetting, I just wanna enjoy your game housemarque.

There should be 2 challenges available at the start. The humans one and a demolition mode one towards the bottom. Do you have the Heroes DLC? If not, maybe that's why you only see one?

Housemarque is aware of the "can't connect to game server" issue that's affecting Challenges. You should be able to do challenges just fine and hopefully our scores are saved so as soon as the rankings are fixed, they'll pop up. Don't quote me on that, though.

So far, the quickest way to rank up (at least in the first 10 levels) is to play a challenge online. Try the default one. If you win AND get a gold medal (or maybe just win?), you'll get 135 CP. Since you only need 100 CP to reach the next level, you can go up a rank every time you win. That's how I'm at Rank 10, atm.

Gray Matter

There should be 2 challenges available at the start. The humans one and a demolition mode one towards the bottom. Do you have the Heroes DLC? If not, maybe that's why you only see one?

Housemarque is aware of the "can't connect to game server" issue that's affecting Challenges. You should be able to do challenges just fine and hopefully our scores are saved so as soon as the rankings are fixed, they'll pop up. Don't quote me on that, though.

So far, the quickest way to rank up (at least in the first 10 levels) is to play a challenge online. Try the default one. If you win AND get a gold medal (or maybe just win?), you'll get 135 CP. Since you only need 100 CP to reach the next level, you can go up a rank every time you win. That's how I'm at Rank 10, atm.

I don't have PS+ at the moment so I can't do the online challenges.

mstevens

Wow that wrecking ball is stressful when it's boosted 50%. Not sure I can get to 1500 points with those damn things flying around.

Weekly challenge leaderboards are working now. I'm currently #32.

This first weekly challenge is pretty damn fun. Gotta go back and do a better job at managing the humans, though, if I expect to touch the top 10.

Good luck to everyone participating!

Edit: Just made it to #6. Try to line up all the humans, then use your gun to shoot them into the portal. Hold "back" on the d-pad/analog so you can slow down your ship to give yourself a better chance at "carrying" all of them into the portal. Remember, when you save one human, the green arrows from the portal turn blue for a few moments. Every human saved while it's blue give you more points.

Housemarque shocked me with the original release of Resogun, and they immediately were on my radar as a dev to watch. As excited as I am for Alienation, I find myself continuously going back to Resogun for that fucking stellar gameplay. This is a stunning update.

Going through some feats currently. Have around 30 done. Mostly survival.

Not sure why you can't view how much CP a feat would give you. Won't know until you actually complete it.

Thanks to going after some feats, I was able to get a personal best in survival:

jb0zgqeFcVTNyJ_xs.jpg

...but as you can see, I actually completed this back in 1969 so apologies for taking too long to post this.

If anybody needs some leaderboard friends, or even some coop friends then please add me, my other Resogun buddies have not returned to the game and I want some friends for the weekly challenge leaderboards.

Psn: Bright-Light

Top Bottom