• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

JoeFenix

This game is more addictive than crack. And it's harder than super stardust especially if you are juggling trying to rescue humans, not use bombs, knowing the right times to use boost and keeping the score combo going and all without getting killed. Sometimes there's just so much stuff going on screen that I've got myself killed running into a bullet I haven't seen because my eyes are being assaulted by a hundred things happening at once.

Multitasking: The Videogame

This is why I love it so much, you can't help but be constantly engaged, your brain is on full tilt at all times trying to juggle 5 things at once.

Such a great game!

kyser73

Holy crap, just played my first game on veteran and its a whole different game. Haven been mucking around on rookie (and failing to beat boss 3, for shame) but veteran...wow. Got creamed at just under 10mil.

This game tho - like SSHD I can see myself going back to it for as long a I own the PS4. Either that or my eyes will stop working.

Greecian-

I got the platinum for this a little over a week ago. It seems some people are having a little trouble with the 1CC trophy. Something interesting happened with this.

I was playing co-op with a friend trying to get this trophy. He lost all his lives in the second level. Of course, he respawned in the next level. I made it all the way through to the end without losing all of my lives. I got the trophy, and although my friend lost all his lives (twice, actually) he still got the trophy as well.

buffi

Banned
Finally got onto the top 100 for Veteran

FaroMA3.jpg

Died at the last boss, cause I kindof suck.
Also, whenever I lose the multiplier I'm filled with rage and misery in ways which I've not encountered in any other game before. This game is pretty great.

Losing the multiplier sucks big time. More time. I need more time!!!

Btw I got to the last level with 5 lives and was sure the 1CC trophy was in the bag but of course I lost all five lives and just turned it off for tonight. Sure enough I'll be back at it tomorrow night :)

Grinchy

Banned
That tip about storing all the humans underneath a rescue beam instead of actually rescuing them is pretty crazy. I just tried it out for the first time on Rookie last night just to see what it's like. I lost a human, didn't keep the multiplier at max the whole level, and still ended up with a 48th place high score at the end.

JoeFenix

That tip about storing all the humans underneath a rescue beam instead of actually rescuing them is pretty crazy. I just tried it out for the first time on Rookie last night just to see what it's like. I lost a human, didn't keep the multiplier at max the whole level, and still ended up with a 48th place high score at the end.

Bom-Poin-Poin-Overdrive Upgra-Poin-Shiel-Extra Life

*ALL HUMANS SAVED*

holy-spirit-best-best.jpg

I love it!

DBT85

My brother and I are loving Resogun, I've beaten the worlds on rookie but not in arcade yet.

Even World 4 on Rookie has shit all over the place. I can't imagine the hardest difficulty.

Its so much fun, but my eyes. My beautiful eyes.

My brother as the better score on Experienced, but I have the "save 2 humans in 1 second" trophy so I'm claiming victory right now :p

Well damn, I thought it looked good in gifs but they really don't what happens on screen any justice at all. The explosions, the smoothness of gameplay, everything is just sublime.

Only had a 20 minute session as I'm pretty busy, but goddamn it was incredible. Already feeling the itch to play it again.

theaface

Loving this game. I was having fun initially, but struggling to make progress.

Just now I had two failed attempts at the 1CC trophy (I lost all my lives on the 5th stage). Then on the 3rd attempt, everything clicked into place and I finished the game solo with 4 spare lives. :D

Next up, Veteran difficulty!

Steroyd

Bloody hell is master mode kicking my ass, I kept almost killing the 3rd boss before dying lol. :'(

I now appreciate the boost + throw.

prophecy0

I freaking love this game.I finally got the platinum for it tonight. Phobos is by far my favorite ship, but I ended up using Nemesis for my last two trophies (1cc and the 15x trophies). The boost recharge rate is a lifesaver and the homing bullets are great for maintaining the multiplier. It just takes so damn long to kill the stronger enemies and bosses.

I thought I was screwed on the 1cc trophy because I only had one life left for Mefitis. I made a dumb mistake less than 30 seconds into the stage and was down to 0 lives. I must have entered a state of Zen at that point because I rescued both of the extra life humans and didn't die at all until the boss, who killed me once right near the end.

Agent X

I've been playing for the last few days. Great stuff! I'm still trying to learn the tricks to increase my score and ascend the leaderboards. I know that I'll be glued to this game for a while.

Number45

Just watching that video - nice to see I'm on the right track in most areas, but it's obvious you know the routine much better than I do (being in the right place as soon as the keepers/humans appear for example). :)

Is hero mode not available from the menu, only when you finish master (so you always have to do master > hero)?

Is there a way to know what human is being released and possibly under attack, seems hard to get all the way around the 'map' to check in time. I figure it's the one with the flashing box, but I hung around one like that and then a human elsewhere died....

DBT85

Is there a way to know what human is being released and possibly under attack, seems hard to get all the way around the 'map' to check in time. I figure it's the one with the flashing box, but I hung around one like that and then a human elsewhere died....
When the keepers die a green line shoots to the freed human. Also when one gets free because of a different reason it plays a sound.

Just let him drop and then head toward the line or the arrow from your ship.

I freaking love this game.I finally got the platinum for it tonight. Phobos is by far my favorite ship, but I ended up using Nemesis for my last two trophies (1cc and the 15x trophies). The boost recharge rate is a lifesaver and the homing bullets are great for maintaining the multiplier. It just takes so damn long to kill the stronger enemies and bosses.

I thought I was screwed on the 1cc trophy because I only had one life left for Mefitis. I made a dumb mistake less than 30 seconds into the stage and was down to 0 lives. I must have entered a state of Zen at that point because I rescued both of the extra life humans and didn't die at all until the boss, who killed me once right near the end.

What app is this? I was just thinking last night how awesome it would be if Sony released an similar app to Smartglass and it seems they have...

Yep that's the one. It's oretty well done. I like using it as a keyboard for typing PSN messages via the PS4 link up thing

Awesome. Thanks for the replies, will definitely be downloading that when I get the chance. I love these companion apps, checking my achievements/trophies in the fly and setting up stuff to download/play on the console via my phone is pretty damn sweet....

Awesome. Thanks for the replies, will definitely be downloading that when I get the chance. I love these companion apps, checking my achievements/trophies in the fly and setting up stuff to download/play on the console via my phone is pretty damn sweet....

Yeah it's a pretty cool app and does work as second screen too. Allows you to draw images for Playroom and throw them to the screen. Also as mentioned elsewhere it currently offers the best method for getting screenshots from the PS4. Create a dummy account and send the screenshot to it, then go to the app, open up your conversation with the person and click on the image and save out. Less compression than Facebook/Twitter.

Huggers

Yeah I didn't think I'd use it but I have a lot. What's your PSN mate I'll add you up

Yeah it's a pretty cool app and does work as second screen too. Allows you to draw images for Playroom and throw them to the screen. Also as mentioned elsewhere it currently offers the best method for getting screenshots from the PS4. Create a dummy account and send the screenshot to it, then go to the app, open up your conversation with the person and click on the image and save out. Less compression than Facebook/Twitter.

Oh sweet, thanks fr the heads up. I was pretty annoyed that I'd have to set up a FB account to share pics, but this will work perfectly instead. Haven't touched Playroom yet, still need to get a PS Camera, which I'll probably do over the weekend or at some point before Christmas.

Yeah I didn't think I'd use it but I have a lot. What's your PSN mate I'll add you up

I don't like posting my ID or GT in public. Seems silly, but after having problems doing so in the past, I figure it's best just not to post it anywhere unless it's done privately...

I'll drop you a PM with my ID later. (or PM/post yours and I'll drop you an invite when I get the chance).

Huggers

I don't like posting my ID or GT in public. Seems silly, but after having problems doing so in the past, I figure it's best just not to post it anywhere unless it's done privately...

I'll drop you a PM with my ID later. (or PM/post yours and I'll drop you an invite when I get the chance).

Yeah fair enough. Mines the same as my GAF name

Number45

Some of the humans require a minimum multiplier, so if you lose one without a notification it's probably that you were below that. I've trained myself to glance at the human icons whenever a "multiplier up" sounds to see if it's triggered a release.

I want to like this game but I have no idea how to play it.
Just play it, maybe watch a few videos and ask questions in here. The basics are really straightforward.

DBT85

Do you need to save one human at time? Or can you grab all 10 toghether for more points?

You can only grab one at a time, but you can juggle them if you shoot them right which I did entirely by accident and got the "save 2 humans in 1 second" trophy lol.

My issue seems to be maintaining the multiplier. Too often I'm left with nothing to shoot for too long.

test_account

XP-39C²
How do people get so much point? I feel that i'm missing something. I beat the game earlier today on Rookie, i didnt lose my 5x multiplier one time (i didnt die) and i saved all humans. That gave me about 95 million points, but the the first place on the leaderboards on Rookie has over 300 million points. How did that guy gets ~200 million more points than me?
Asking this again, how is it possible to get that many points?

Marc

I am starting to think there are Gods of gaming and then there is me, I can't beat experienced on the last level. At best I get to the last boss several times, work him down to his last health bar where he spams shots everywhere and I can't get to him and eventually die.

My best points tally is a pathetic 5 million and I am not improving at all, I think this is one of those games where you are either good at with room to improve or not.

In awe of some of these videos.

Croyles

Just got the Platinum for this game! First one on the PS4! :)

I love this game.

Now it's time to try and get in the top thousand on Veteran and then top hundred.

I am starting to think there are Gods of gaming and then there is me, I can't beat experienced on the last level. At best I get to the last boss several times, work him down to his last health bar where he spams shots everywhere and I can't get to him and eventually die.

My best points tally is a pathetic 5 million and I am not improving at all, I think this is one of those games where you are either good at with room to improve or not.

In awe of some of these videos.

Here's a tip for the last boss. When he starts firing shots everywhere use your boost to go in the little safe zone under him where he is arched. Carry on firing at him. When the arch opens up at the back just use boost again to go back to another arch.

Also I don't know what ship you are using but Nemesis is the best beginner's ship. Lots of boost and homing missiles. When you start to get good you can move your way up to the other 2 ships.

Mondy

Banned
I'm probably very late to this party but just in case anyone is having difficulty with the last stage of the last boss on Mefitis:

If you find yourself being overwhelmed by the fireballs the worm is spewing at you, you can actually overdrive THROUGH the worm and then stop in the gap between the top of the screen and its body that is forming a U shape below. This allows you to get some valuable hits in before you overdrive back out into the open, destroy any fireballs that are there with the blue bubble burst, rinse and repeat until dead.

Croyles

I'm probably very late to this party but just in case anyone is having difficulty with the last stage of the last boss on Mefitis:

If you find yourself being overwhelmed by the fireballs the worm is spewing at you, you can actually overdrive THROUGH the worm and then stop in the gap between the top of the screen and its body that is forming a U shape below. This allows you to get some valuable hits in before you overdrive back out into the open, destroy any fireballs that are there with the blue bubble burst, rinse and repeat until dead.

I literally just wrote that right above you... :p Also I think you mean boost not overdrive. Just so no one gets confused.

Number45

Right above you. :p

EDIT: Haha.

Mondy

Banned
Fuck, that would be right lol I discovered that move completely by accident just now without even reading that post then proceed to post it myself directly below.

GodofWine

I keep losing the 3rd to last human on the first level...once i figure out why i will then concern myself with scoring points.

I cannot put this game down once I start playing it. Sometimes I use it as an intermission between killzone matches.

Got my plat last night... now time to tackle Master mode which I doubt I can pull off right now lol. Didn't have any problems on Veteran till the last level really, but I struggled a lot with that... definitely had to use a bunch of continues there.

Number45

Got my plat last night... now time to tackle Master mode which I doubt I can pull off right now lol. Didn't have any problems on Veteran till the last level really, but I struggled a lot with that... definitely had to use a bunch of continues there.
I hate those dudes that just go left to right. Once they're upgraded they're lethal.

I must be...are all humans effected by that or just some? cause its just that one darn human. Last night dude was dead before I even freed the guy before him, i didnt know that was possibe :)
Only a few.

I literally just wrote that right above you... :p Also I think you mean boost not overdrive. Just so no one gets confused.

Damn, when I saw your posts I thought "wtf, I don't remember writing this here!", and then I realized what was happening. Having the same avatar as someone else can be pretty confusing at times :)

Also, grats to endresults for joining the Cosmic Entities Superclub! I'm working my way through the Veteran ranks currently, as I feel that I still have plenty of room for improvement there. Once I feel happy with that I'll tackle Master and maybe, someday, Hero.

Top Bottom