• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

I'm really awful at these games, but it's so much fun. Trying to save all 10 humans on the first level, can only get 9 so far, sometimes they just seem to die out of the blue.

Quality game though.

Most likely reason is because some humans you have to have a certain multiplier to rescue them, if you don't have it, it's automatic human lost.

The other possible reason is that some keepers have to be killed in a certain order and defeating them out of order will result in a human lost.

Matll

I'm really awful at these games, but it's so much fun. Trying to save all 10 humans on the first level, can only get 9 so far, sometimes they just seem to die out of the blue.

Quality game though.

It's because for some humans you need to have a certain multiplier to save them for example in the first level for the 7th human you need 3x multiplier and for the 9th human you need 4x multiplier.

Today when I was trying to get the 1CC trophy I was able to complete the whole game without dieing once! Shame there is no trophy for that.

Btw. guys I have no friends add me. Nick: M_a_t_l_l.

Revoh

for the trophy where you need to beat experienced without using a continue... it really pays to know when the extra lifes are coming.

Level 1: Human 10
Level 2: Human 8
Level 3: Human 7
Level 4: Human 2
Level 5: Humans 9 & 10

It might be useful to know where the bombs are too.

I got my platinum last night.

Thanks for this.
That's the only trophy I need for the plat.

Replicant

Does anyone know why Resogun keeps crashing on me in the past few minutes? Is it because of PSN? Why is it tied to PSN though? I'm not even playing multiplayer.

8byte

Banned
Does anyone know why Resogun keeps crashing on me in the past few minutes? Is it because of PSN? Why is it tied to PSN though? I'm not even playing multiplayer.

Had this happen to me as well when viewing the leaderboards. Must be a PSN related crash.

Does anyone know what condition is tied to the human that is not freed by destroying the keepers? I have a feeling that it's multiplier-based, but I'm not really sure.

Is there some specific multiplier that you have to reach or is it a matter of having a high enough multiplier when the time for that human to be freed rolls around? Or is it something different altogether?

Just keep your multiplier up. It should always be your top priority anyway.

Synless

There are times where it says a keeper is there and I shoot the glowing ship and it immediately says human was lost. What's the deal?

There are times where it says a keeper is there and I shoot the glowing ship and it immediately says human was lost. What's the deal?

This.

Also, on the 5th level on experienced (holy shit this is tough btw), I'll hear 'keepers detected' and then literally 3 seconds later 'human lost'. I can't even locate the keepers to shoot.

This.

Also, on the 5th level on experienced (holy shit this is tough btw), I'll hear 'keepers detected' and then literally 3 seconds later 'human lost'. I can't even locate the keepers to shoot.

It is likely one of the ones where you have to kill the enemies in sequence. You may hit the wrong enemy while blasting away.

Zoe

So does anybody prefer the sound coming out of the controller? I turned it off almost immediately. but maybe I should give it another chance.

Timu

ib26V60ITMkGFN.png

ibseDwdoSpmqo0.png

ibmuyn6PT1SXuf.png

Roland1979

Best PS4 game. Very addictive. Not easy, and i like it that way. I did notice that for a lot of people (not on GAF per sé), including me some thing where not very clear. Like destroying all the keepers, why humans in boxes (prisons) die, the replenishment of the boost, etc. But i guess you'll learn and with the internet for tips it still beat a overly long tutorial. That moment when you finish a level and everything goes to shit
=voxels
!

Number45

Is Overdrive useful on bosses?
You can take down the entire second phase of the second boss with a single overdrive (start one side and take out the green area, then boost to the other side and do the same). Not sure if it has much of a tangible benefit other than saving time though.

Number45

A local co-op patch for this game would make me soooooo happy.
Sat playing this yesterday afternoon and made a meta local co-op with my eight year old daughter directing me to the keepers and humans (and chiding me when I let any of them die).

kyser73

I've barely scratched the surface with the game, I'm still on the learning curve abound dying stupidly, but damn this really is the best thing I've played out of KZ, AC4 & Warframe.

psn

It's really awesome. I just finished the second world, trying to finish the 3rd now.

My most played game on the ps4 atm.

someday

Banned
It's really awesome. I just finished the second world, trying to finish the 3rd now.

My most played game on the ps4 atm.
It's mine too. Fantastic game! I do need to read more about it though cause I'm confused about some things.

And how do you guys take out the "boss" that had the green lights? I can shoot out most of them but the damned thing purposely keeps me from getting the last one. It won't let me even get close enough to the remaining light.

NeoROCK

for the trophy where you need to beat experienced without using a continue... it really pays to know when the extra lifes are coming.

Level 1: Human 10
Level 2: Human 8
Level 3: Human 7
Level 4: Human 2
Level 5: Humans 9 & 10

It might be useful to know where the bombs are too.

I got my platinum last night.

Very useful information. Thanks.

Leviastin

Neo Member
Helpful Tips

How do I get scores way up in the millions???

Keep all 10 of your humans alive and don't save them until your multiplier is at max. Drag them all into the portal right before the boss comes in when they start floating. The reason you can throw them is so you can move them around and (herd) them into a pile next to a green lift till the boss comes. You get millions of points this way.

Before I figured this out on YouTube I ran a perfect run on Lvl 1 Veteran: Saved all humans, Max multiplier the whole time with no deaths and only got 12 million points. I was like how the hell are people getting 64 million? I still don't know but this method got me 22 million.

Boost:
*Its the top half of the circle on your ship and makes a sound when its full. The lite ship refills in about 1 second for small bursts and is extremely useful.

Best ship:
*Phobos ~ The starting gun is as powerful as the others most upgraded at the end.
Kills bosses almost instantly

Keep your multiplier up:

*Don't kill everything as fast as possible, let some survive to kill later to keep it going.
*Picking up green men for the first time keeps your multiplier up.

Happy Resing! Best free launch title ever :)

PSN Tag: Leviastin

So does anybody prefer the sound coming out of the controller? I turned it off almost immediately. but maybe I should give it another chance.

My problem is that the announcer from the TV doesnt turn off when it comes through the speaker. I play with headphones anyway

Man oh man.

Can't wait to see them do DLC.

I'd totally buy a reskin pack that maybe changes up the visuals to something thematic. Think Zone mode in Wipeout.

They can basically make all kinds of awesome stages that bring out all sorts of colours/presentation styles.

Really starting to get the hang of this game now, nowwhere near the skill level [or points] of some people, but I seem to be improving all the time.
It's the game I've played the most on the console and really impressed with it so far.
Started to ramp up my score once I moved over to using Phobos with its increased Overdrive.

http://youtu.be/UjmsjSHINDI

Replicant

This game should have been called "Save the Last Humans" or "Armageddon".

Seems a lot more fitting than "Resogun". What does that mean anyway?

Cyborg

Cause the BF4 is crashing Im playing this game.
I have a few question

1. Which plane is the best to use?
2. I see some guys with 32mil points on the first level. How is this possible? Do the points stack over all levels?
3. Do you have any tips/tricks?

buffi

Banned
Cause the BF4 is crashing Im playing this game.
I have a few question

2. I see some guys with 32mil points on the first level. How is this possible? Do the points stack over all levels?

1. Nemesis
2. The points shown for a level seems to be for that difficulty, which means that points stack over all levels, not for a single level.
3. Save the last humans.

psn

It's mine too. Fantastic game! I do need to read more about it though cause I'm confused about some things.

And how do you guys take out the "boss" that had the green lights? I can shoot out most of them but the damned thing purposely keeps me from getting the last one. It won't let me even get close enough to the remaining light.

Which last green light? There are 4 at the spinning wheel and there are two more after its transformation. I always boost to the other side to get it shot. Or when you mean the spinning one, try to get close to the wheel in the "safe area" between two guns. Now move from safe are to safe area until you reach the last green light :)

potam

Banned
Really getting into this game, though I haven't gotten far. Trying to go through it on Veteran (the one after Experienced?) and I keep getting sad about losing my multiplier and restarting the level.

I am in love with this game. By far the most played game on the PS4.

In fact I'd say it's one of the most addictive and enjoyable arcade games i've played in recent memory. The definition of a 'just one more try' game.

52% trophies so far.

Jonboy

Quick question for people who watched this video or the previous one I made.

Do you guys enjoy the format and the way I edit these things? Regardless of the actual gameplay or content, do you like the way it's presented?

I'm trying to make them more interesting than just dumping footage on my channel but I haven't received much feedback on that part of the videos so I'm curious!

Please be critical, I want to improve :)
Meant to respond to this sooner, Joe.

Frankly, I'd prefer to watch you complete a level from beginning to end with no editing at all. Maybe you have a few secrets you want to keep under wraps though? I'd completely understand. Also, having music or some sound is nice (one of your vids had sound, but another I watched didn't). Would also be cool if you had the time to do a little commentary on some of nuance to high score chasing.

Number45

Keep all 10 of your humans alive and don't save them until your multiplier is at max. Drag them all into the portal right before the boss comes in when they start floating. The reason you can throw them is so you can move them around and (herd) them into a pile next to a green lift till the boss comes. You get millions of points this way.
Mind blown.

Also, I can't see myself ever micro-managing to that level.

I'd start with Nemesis for the manoeuvrability, but once you've tasted the power and fine control of Phobos you won't want to go back.

Practice first and foremost. Get yourself comfortable with the ship and its abilities, boost and overdrive (another reason you'll be wanting Phobos) and worry about advanced techniques after that.

someday

Banned
Which last green light? There are 4 at the spinning wheel and there are two more after its transformation. I always boost to the other side to get it shot. Or when you mean the spinning one, try to get close to the wheel in the "safe area" between two guns. Now move from safe are to safe area until you reach the last green light :)
I didn't even know that something happened after taking out the spinning wheel. It's that one that I have so much trouble with. I've tried boosting to the other side but I think I just lose my nerve trying to avoid the bombs and laser coming my way and never go full in for the final light. Thanks for the tips though!

Top Bottom