• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

sith ewok

So addicted to this game. I find myself replaying levels in this rather than going on to my retail games. (Almost feels like Geometry Wars in the early days of the 360, though I would have to say I like Geometry Wars a little bit more.) Definitely worth the price of admission and then some.

Mondy

Banned
So addicted to this game. I find myself replaying levels in this rather than going on to my retail games. (Almost feels like Geometry Wars in the early days of the 360, though I would have to say I like Geometry Wars a little bit more.) Definitely worth the price of admission and then some.

You mean nothing? Don't tell me you aren't a PS+ member.

Con_Smith

Banned
Best game ass game I've played in awhile. Went in knowing nothing but it being a shooter and now figuring out what all the systems are and what's required for higher scores (still trying to figure why/when should I throw humans?) I just get this feeling of old school eyegasms that makes me want more.

How's the multiplayer? Is it competitive or co-op?

Mash83

Loving this game. I haven't put a whole lot of time into it yet but the plat looks pretty doable. The only trophy that looks tough is saving 2 humans in a one second span. Anyone get this yet?

Mondy

Banned
Loving this game. I haven't put a whole lot of time into it yet but the plat looks pretty doable. The only trophy that looks tough is saving 2 humans in a one second span. Anyone get this yet?

Wait for the moment when 2 humans are released at once (a rare occurrence), carry one around to where the other one is, wait until the other one is as close to the green rescue beam as possible, position yourself where you're close to the one on the ground but still within throwing distance of the beam, throw the first one in, quickly pick up the second and do the same.

Disclaimer: I didn't do this myself. It was a solution I read from an American who apparently pulled it off.

Grinchy

Banned
I've only beaten the first world and played a few rounds, but damn I am loving this game already. So awesome.

Dartastic

I'm constantly losing humans and I don't know why. Blargh. Is there a way to tell when/where the humans are so I don't lose them?

dcx4610

Having fun with the game but I don't think I understand what I'm doing. How do you lose a human and what's the purpose of "throw human"?

Also, I'm sold the narrator will come out of the DS4 speaker but I haven't heard anything yet. When should I hear something?

Wait, I have to pick up the people and throw them into a beam somewhere? A TUTORIAL WOULD'VE BEEN NICE... or a working PSN that lets me read the digital manual.

So this is.... something. My PS4 is making me redownload it.

Despite that fact that I already did and have played it. It just up and disappeared off my system.

I'm just trying to perfect my skills at base levels until moving on, and even playing rookie, every time on stage one I will grab the seventh or eighth human and immediately another will die without warning. No "Keepers Incoming" sound, and only one green human icon is flashing in the upper left corner, and bam, one dies. I would just like to understand why this is before moving on to other levels/difficulties. Driving me mad!

sock

I got it. Here's how.

Wait to have 2 humans free. Pick one up, and shoot the other. The one you shoot will bounce up, and you can continue to bounce it on your stream of bullets. Make your way to one of the drop off points. Done.

Aeana

Love this a ton. At first I thought some humans were impossible to save, but it turns out that some of them just have different mechanics. For instance, there are some enemies that take turns flashing, and if you kill one while it isn't flashing, it's an instant failure for that human.

I did some co-op with Y2Kev tonight and it was super fun.

Love this a ton. At first I thought some humans were impossible to save, but it turns out that some of them just have different mechanics. For instance, there are some enemies that take turns flashing, and if you kill one while it isn't flashing, it's an instant failure for that human.

I did some co-op with Y2Kev tonight and it was super fun.
Expand on that human part please?

joesmokey

This game is an absolute blast to play. Been trying to play it online co-op with a friend but the lag has been too much. Not sure if it's because of PSN being so hammered tonight or something with my network itself.

Apeopleman

I'm a little confused

When the humans are in the boxes, can you set them free from the boxes, and then pick them up and toss them in the green spaceship for points?

Or are the enemies the only ones allowed to set them free?

Also, what if they all die? Do you fail?

see5harp

I'm a little confused

When the humans are in the boxes, can you set them free from the boxes, and then pick them up and toss them in the green spaceship for points?

Or are the enemies the only ones allowed to set them free?

Also, what if they all die? Do you fail?

The humans are just for bonus points and don't affect your lives or the game in any other way. You can either pick them up or shoot them into the containers. I think they probably should have explained that.

I don't even think you need to wait until the enemies flash because I have hit the bomb the second they spawn and I got the human free. The only way to get a human free is to kill every flashing enemy in that specific group, and from what I can tell when it's a pack of regular enemies it's a time thing.

Shooting humans isn't dangerous unless you are on a level with pits for them to fall into. I know because I got the trophy where you save two humans within a second. I basically shot a human into the air and juggled him up there while carrying one.

I'm just trying to perfect my skills at base levels until moving on, and even playing rookie, every time on stage one I will grab the seventh or eighth human and immediately another will die without warning. No "Keepers Incoming" sound, and only one green human icon is flashing in the upper left corner, and bam, one dies. I would just like to understand why this is before moving on to other levels/difficulties. Driving me mad!
The same thing is happening to me. It's the seventh human on the first stage. No matter where I am nothing ever notifies me that I should be looking for it.

The humans are just for bonus points and don't affect your lives or the game in any other way. You can either pick them up or shoot them into the containers. I think they probably should have explained that.

I don't even think you need to wait until the enemies flash because I have hit the bomb the second they spawn and I got the human free. The only way to get a human free is to kill every flashing enemy in that specific group, and from what I can tell when it's a pack of regular enemies it's a time thing.

Shooting humans isn't dangerous unless you are on a level with pits for them to fall into. I know because I got the trophy where you save two humans within a second. I basically shot a human into the air and juggled him up there while carrying one.

ha, thanks. i was wondering how to get that trophy lol

Cynar

Bought PS+ early just to add this game. Still no ps4 till the new year but this is so good. Love games like this.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded this game, but when I went to play it I got this message: "This application can be started only by a user who has a license for it." I went to "Restore Licenses" in the settings, and that didn't help. Anyone else have this issue?

suko_32

Yay. Tried to 1CC after experiencing each stage once and succeeded. Took a screenshot to celebrate for a day before I disappear from the leaderboards lol.

BZLYR1DIEAAGFyW.jpg:large

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm constantly losing humans and I don't know why. Blargh. Is there a way to tell when/where the humans are so I don't lose them?
When a human is free, there's a green arrow around your ship pointing in the direction of the human.

The Illiterati said:
There is one time towards the end of the first level where two humans are released at once. It's easy to miss.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Wait for the moment when 2 humans are released at once (a rare occurrence), carry one around to where the other one is, wait until the other one is as close to the green rescue beam as possible, position yourself where you're close to the one on the ground but still within throwing distance of the beam, throw the first one in, quickly pick up the second and do the same.
Disclaimer: I didn't do this myself. It was a solution I read from an American who apparently pulled it off.

That American made it really really difficult xD
I just dribbled one of the humans up to the hoop and when he went through I dunked the other one.

My most anticipated PS4 game for the Euro launch, also the most highly rated PS4 game.. and only 4 pages? Come on GAF! Hopefully it's just because everyone is too busy playing it.

So those who have, does it have that same Geometry Wars 'just one more go' addiction factor? Are the leaderboards and your position against your friends shown straight after every game to make you keep pushing hard?

I've spent a few hours with the game now, and while it's definitely a very solid game, it doesn't have the same impact as Geometry Wars did for me when I first played it. Maybe I'll change my mind the more I play it, but I enjoyed Geometry Wars far more.

Brashnir

I've spent a few hours with the game now, and while it's definitely a very solid game, it doesn't have the same impact as Geometry Wars did for me when I first played it. Maybe I'll change my mind the more I play it, but I enjoyed Geometry Wars far more.

Same. It also isn't hitting me as well as Super Stardust HD did either, which is a more direct parallel, given the developer.

I'm not sure if it's something with the game itself or if it comes down to me liking Asteroids far more than Defender back when I was a kid. I do like this game, but it's not really grabbing me the way those games did last gen.

edit - It's a far sight better than Blast Factor or Cash Guns Chaos, though, which were launch twin stick shooters on PS3.

Yup, Super Stardust is also the better game as well. I think both Geometry Wars and Stardust just flow better and for me, Geometry Wars was zen like. Still worth playing of course, and I will continue to try and move myself up the leaderboards. :)

joesmokey

Has anyone else tried this via remote play? It's unplayable for me (laggy/choppy).

I have lag issues with online co-op as well, so I'm not sure if the issues are with the game or if it's just time to upgrade the router.

Top Bottom