• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resonance of Fate |OT| John Woo RPG Action and Small Racks

Dead

well not really...yet
mjemirzian said:
hmm.. best way to make the game easier? dual wield MGs and customize as much charge speed and charge acceleration on them as possible. Head into the Dakota Mine on level 9 asap to grab a second MG in the back. hmm I have 60 charge rate and 19% acceleration on the DWs and I can charge up 30 MG levels on a Hero Action passby pretty easily.
quick question

Do the chapters get much longer as you go on? With several story missions?

And how many chapters are in the game if anyone knows?

Paraclete

Banned
Whoever was asking about the mannequin quest: I had trouble with that one too, for the life of me I couldn't get any legs to drop :lol , I think it took me the better part of an hour of grinding to finally get them.

My weapon is almost fully complete for now. i'm so overpowered :lol

B-N84
DSC00167.jpg

1191.45-Auto
DSC00166.jpg

SMG-05
DSC00165.jpg

Ran out of rubies to finish it off and manage some parts. but this will do for now.

EDIT: here's what my character looks like. I am using Leanne as she looks the best and she doesn't have that ugly running animation like Zephyr and doesn't look ugly like Vashyron who obviously needs to put down his pony tail.

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

survivor

Banned
So just got to chapter 2 so far. I feel like I should be upgrading my weapons but I don't know. Should I be dismantling all these junk items or is there a point in keeping them? Also is there a way to farm for money or is it just get as much meat as possible and sell them?

BTW, DMPrince what chapter are you on? I wanna know when my weapons can look like this.

survivor said:
So just got to chapter 2 so far. I feel like I should be upgrading my weapons but I don't know. Should I be dismantling all these junk items or is there a point in keeping them? Also is there a way to farm for money or is it just get as much meat as possible and sell them?

BTW, DMPrince what chapter are you on? I wanna know when my weapons can look like this.
still on chapter 5 :lol. Doing the side missions before i head off to the story one. new missions appear out of no where! who knows how many i missed in the earlier chapters!

survivor

Banned
Well don't new missions appear every time you head back to the board? Every time I get the advance chapter thing, I just go to the guild to see if there are any extra side quests.

survivor said:
Well don't new missions appear every time you head back to the board? Every time I get the advance chapter thing, I just go to the guild to see if there are any extra side quests.
yeah i know but i usually do all those missions and then check the board and more come up during the same chapter. I guess it's because of my Hunter Rank.

Paraclete

Banned
DMPrince said:
yeah i know but i usually do all those missions and then check the board and more come up during the same chapter. I guess it's because of my Hunter Rank.
Yea I think its based on rank, because in Ch 5 I kept going back to the board and got I think 3 extra missions.

Oh and I finally just beat the Yeti, you guys were right, it was actually really easy(for some reason I was having trouble scratching him up last night, but this morning I did his whole HP bar in 1 go with Z, and then L did 2300 dmg to kill him outright:lol )

Gonna go buy some more clothes then I'll post up some pics in a bit

Ferrio said:
So when can I get additional weapons. I'm on chapter 2 and i'd to have more than 1 person have an MG.
you can get it anytime from the shop but that one cost 100,000 Rubies. the other one is when the Arena is open but the coins you need are a lot. you should be able to get a second gun before Chapter 5 for sure if you don't buy clothes like me!

---

I'm currently at Chapter 5 in an endless battle at
Silver Canyon
with a
Walker
. I had him down almost to zero but then i ended at critical. and he collected all my shards to full health. :lol.

Paraclete

Banned
DMPrince said:
you can get it anytime from the shop but that one cost 100,000 Rubies. the other one is when the Arena is open but the coins you need are a lot. you should be able to get a second gun before Chapter 5 for sure if you don't buy clothes like me!

---

I'm currently at Chapter 5 in an endless battle at
Silver Canyon
with a
Walker
. I had him down almost to zero but then i ended at critical. and he collected all my shards to full health. :lol.
I found an easy way to get those guys. have one person go behind him(where he doesn't have any armor, and use molotov cocktails to blow him up/combo with the hero moves).

As for extra guns: you can get a desert eagle by doing the arena(but it will take a lot of effort to get it), as well you can buy a Sig226 from the merchant, and then later on in the dakota(I think thats the name) mine you can fight all the way to the end of it and there are some weapons there as well.

I'm sure there will be some more to purchase at shops, but I'm only on the very start of Ch 6.

Also make sure you are leveling up your guns fairly evenly, as it will raise your overall ability to carry stuff(which lets you duelwield). I'm level 22 with all characters and I still can't duelwield yet, almost there(probably another couple levels).

Dead said:
quick question

Do the chapters get much longer as you go on? With several story missions?

And how many chapters are in the game if anyone knows?

There's usually only one main story quest per chapter. The game is very short if you only do the main quests. The side quests, danger zones, arena, terminal linking, and tedious traveling/elevator riding is where the game gets its length.

Nice gun DMPrince.

ALC

Neo Member
Loving this game so far. Lots of depth and reward from the battle system and the characters and game world are likable. The importance of positioning reminds me a lot of VP 2 and your hits have that same satisfying "oomph" to them. I'm having trouble deciding how to level up my characters though - Is it better to make everyone a jack of all trades (can you switch weapons during battle ?) or have each specialize in one of handgun, SMG, grenade ?

Dead

well not really...yet
DMPrince said:
still on chapter 5 :lol. Doing the side missions before i head off to the story one. new missions appear out of no where! who knows how many i missed in the earlier chapters!
Hunh?

Ive only gotten 3 side missions per chapter so far, every time I go to check for more at the board there are none.

Have I been missing stuff or something?

Im currently on the photography side mission, I took pics of 2 statues already (Lucia and One of the Manors) wheres the third one?

Dead said:
Hunh?

Ive only gotten 3 side missions per chapter so far, every time I go to check for more at the board there are none.

Have I been missing stuff or something?

Im currently on the photography side mission, I took pics of 2 statues already (Lucia and One of the Manors) wheres the third one?
There's more. you'll see.

third Statue is at
Crank Seminary on Level 7 and new town for missions ;P

Dead

well not really...yet
Ok, I just checked back at the guild, and a few new missions appeared on the board. I'm on chapter 5.

Does this only start happening on chapter 5? I've never had new missions appear on the board in the previous chapters

Dead said:
Ok, I just checked back at the guild, and a few new missions appeared on the board. I'm on chapter 5.

Does this only start happening on chapter 5? I've never had new missions appear on the board in the previous chapters
for me it started with Chapter 5. i guess it's normal then.

Slightly OT but I LOVE The Story Trophy Icons. <3

Dead

well not really...yet
DMPrince said:
for me it started with Chapter 5. i guess it's normal then.
Ok...

I'm glad you said this, otherwise I'd be about to restart the whole game despite having 12 hours on the clock so far.... :(

Paraclete

Banned
ALC said:
Loving this game so far. Lots of depth and reward from the battle system and the characters and game world are likable. The importance of positioning reminds me a lot of VP 2 and your hits have that same satisfying "oomph" to them. I'm having trouble deciding how to level up my characters though - Is it better to make everyone a jack of all trades (can you switch weapons during battle ?) or have each specialize in one of handgun, SMG, grenade ?
You can't even access the "menu" when in a battle/dungeon, so no you can't switch weapons(would be nice tho).

And yea, Ch 5 is where you start getting a ton of extra side quests

ALC

Neo Member
Paraclete said:
You can't even access the "menu" when in a battle/dungeon, so no you can't switch weapons(would be nice tho).

And yea, Ch 5 is where you start getting a ton of extra side quests

Ah cool thanks that confirms what I was thinking. Battle mechanics would have been a bit broken if you could switch between turns so easily. I would guess that specialization is the way to go then ?

ALC said:
Ah cool thanks that confirms what I was thinking. Battle mechanics would have been a bit broken if you could switch between turns so easily. I would guess that specialization is the way to go then ?

No, it's always best to get the stat boosts from levelling up. At least for most of the game.

Paraclete

Banned
ALC said:
It's better to mix an match if you can, as it will level up the overall level of your character. Easiest way is with rookie grenades and the arena. Just do a ton of scratch damage, then rookie nade them and reap the xp.

survivor

Banned
That chapter 2 boss just made me realize that getting your party to high levels is sometimes useless. First I tried to to move all my characters behind the cover on the left, but I realized I barely damaged him. Looks like it was all about positioning.

Had to use Leanne as bait, while Vash can hit his back which didn't have any body part since it was destroyed. So are all boss fights like this? Try to destroy one body party and try tdo direct damage from there?

BTW, when can I buy grenades? I want to level up Zephyr, but I barely have anymore grenades now.

Paraclete

Banned
survivor said:
That chapter 2 boss just made me realize that getting your party to high levels is sometimes useless. First I tried to to move all my characters behind the cover on the left, but I realized I barely damaged him. Looks like it was all about positioning.

Had to use Leanne as bait, while Vash can hit his back which didn't have any body part since it was destroyed. So are all boss fights like this? Try to destroy one body party and try tdo direct damage from there?

BTW, when can I buy grenades? I went to level up Zephyr, but I barely have anymore grenades now.
You should be able to buy rookie grenades from the shop. Otherwise, at Ch 4/5? you can buy molotovs at the tinkerer.

And yea, most of the boss fights revolve around trying to find an area on their body without armor. They are surprisingly easy once you get them down to the base.

chris-013

Played the prologue yesterday... And I love the intro !
Nothing hard for the moment, I will try to finish chapter 1 tonight if it is not too long. ^^

Nobody got graphical glitch in the house of the trio ? I have a black/blue screen in the house and I can't see anything... I hope I will have nothing to do in the house later in the game. ^^;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone having this game lock up on them hardcore? The boyfriend is playing on a 60GB PS3 and it keeps locking up in battles...

so after everyone's been playing this, is it overall worth the experience even with whatever flaws it has and what's the prefered platform?

I'm leaning towards getting it on PS3 from gamefly but who knows.

RelentlessRolento said:
so after everyone's been playing this, is it overall worth the experience even with whatever flaws it has and what's the prefered platform?

I'm leaning towards getting it on PS3 from gamefly but who knows.

hmm.. quick 'review'.. I'm almost done with the game (on chapter 15)

Pros:
Combat system is fun.
Danger Zones and bosses are usually challenging.
Multiple difficulty levels.
Customizing weapons is pretty cool.
You can play dress-up, if you like barbies.
The 'target airborne' bonus ring is good because it adds some timing skill to the combat.

Cons:
Enemy AI is really stupid around elevations.
The Christmas quest.
You have to play the game 10 times to unlock the highest difficulty.
Tedious travel times and you are forced to run through the Core Lifts every time.
Sidequests make you fight the same battle 3-4 times in a row for no reason. Most of the sidequest fights are boring.
The plot is paper thin at best.
The game is stingy with handing out energy hexes.

Paraclete

Banned
Yea I'm having trouble getting hexes atm. I guess I'll try farming some in the arena, because I REALLY want to unlock as much of the areas as possible, and right now I'm down to about 5 hexes of each type.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kiryogi said:
I am but I've only gone thru the arena for tutorial. More focused on RgG4 and FF13 before I move onto this.

Ah. Well, the lock ups happened after the tutorial I think.

I can't wait to play this. I'm halfway through FF13, and despite loving it, kinda want it to end so I can get to RoF! I should probably try to finish Dragon Age and ME2 somewhere in between, too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
RobbieNick said:
Why? What happens on a 60 gig? Thing are going fine for me so far. Only on my third mission.

I guess for some people checking the mission bulletin board causes massive system lock-up...

Top Bottom