• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resonance of Fate |OT| John Woo RPG Action and Small Racks

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Chapter 5 now.

What's the most recommended equipment at this point?
Cranktown
is available now though. So what stuff should I buy?

duckroll

Dresden said:
Oh, man. Destroyed the ch.3 boss, barely took any damage. Seems like bosses are the only places my guys actually level up. They're all up to level 14 now.

I wonder if I should buy the handgun at the store, I have enough cash.

A faster way to level up is to change equipment around between the characters. Not only does that increase the total level faster, giving you more max HP and higher weight caps, but it also means you get more proficient in other weapon types, making the entire party more customizable for different situations.

jiien

Dresden said:
Oh, man. Destroyed the ch.3 boss, barely took any damage. Seems like bosses are the only places my guys actually level up. They're all up to level 14 now.

I wonder if I should buy the handgun at the store, I have enough cash.

The gun in the Ebel City store is better than your starting B-something pistol, in my opinion, because it has more than one top mounted customization point.

TEJ

I'm trying to find the pharmacist for the chapter 6 sidequest, i've been told that he is in cranktown. The only person I see that can possibly be who I am looking for just gives me lines about how the silver canyon has medicine...am I supposed to find some medicine for him before I can give the card?

ULTROS! said:
Chapter 5 now.

What's the most recommended equipment at this point?
Cranktown
is available now though. So what stuff should I buy?
I spent most of my resources on upgrading my guns. Adding a few sights and barrels makes everything a lot easier.
TEJ said:
I'm trying to find the pharmacist for the chapter 6 sidequest, i've been told that he is in cranktown. The only person I see that can possibly be who I am looking for just gives me lines about how the silver canyon has medicine...am I supposed to find some medicine for him before I can give the card?
No, all you need to do is give him the card. Maybe it's the wrong time of day.

BeeDog

Alright, seeing as the game's pretty cheap at Zavvi at the moment, my interest piqued. But I really don't know much about it except that it looks pretty cool. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I hope you guys can bear with me :) :

1) How does the PS3 port hold up (against the 360 one)? Is it passable, or is it bad à la Bayonetta?
2) How much content is there in the game? Is there tons to do and so on?
3) The only jRPG I've played in several years is Final Fantasy 13 (and very little of Lost Odyssey at a friend's place). How does this game compare to FF13 in areas such as exploration, sense of adventure, combat system etc.?

Thanks in advance.

TEJ

archnemesis said:
No, all you need to do is give him the card. Maybe it's the wrong time of day.

i've tried talking to him during nighttime and daytime. I think the problem is that the buisness card isn't in my inventory and the dude with the sick girl acts like it is in my inventory.

Dresden

duckroll said:
A faster way to level up is to change equipment around between the characters. Not only does that increase the total level faster, giving you more max HP and higher weight caps, but it also means you get more proficient in other weapon types, making the entire party more customizable for different situations.
That's what I've been doing, my problem is that I don't get into enough battles since I don't like grinding. So boss-kills are where I often level up the most, since that's when I actually settle down and deal enough scratch damage to start leveling my weapon skills.

The gun in the Ebel City store is better than your starting B-something pistol, in my opinion, because it has more than one top mounted customization point.

Hmm, I'll have to think about this. 100k rubies or a new gun? Hmm...

Also, I'm doing that 'clear out the bandits near Lucia' quest in chapter 4, and after two of those battles with the shady mobsters I already leveled up once for every character. They take ridiculous amount of damage, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but they take two hero actions+a full tri attack to kill.

Ricker

Damn,I goofed and bought a coat for Vashyron,forgot what price it was but i`m not buying any clothes for the 2 guys,just stuff for Leanne hehe..oh well,off the the forest of idols now,my guys are around level 12,so sounds like i`ll be good.

jiien

Dresden said:
Hmm, I'll have to think about this. 100k rubies or a new gun? Hmm...

As soon as you get to chapter 5, or maybe it's 7...at some point soon, at any rate, you're going to come across a crapton of money, and, if you want to, you can technically abuse the game such that you have unlimited money. If you want a new gun, just go for it. You'll eventually be able to print your own.

Edit: Before anyone asks, might as well repeat the process here:

You want to craft the Beta scopes. Only the Ebel City tinkerer does it. It costs 3000 to craft them, and they sell for 4100. Each Beta scope (REMEMBER, BETA, NOT ALPHA) consists of 1 scrap iron, and 1 glass shard. You should have accumulated a crapton of these already, but at some point in the future, the traveling merchant that was at Forsaken near Lucia will move down to Level 8 (or somewhere down there) to Waterless Bridge. At that point, she'll be selling both of these materials, for 200 and 150 rubies respectively. So you can buy both of these parts, craft the Beta scope, and sell it for more than you spent.

Until you get to that point, which is chapter 7ish, or so...you should have enough from normal drops to sustain you.

Well I just ordered this off of Amazon and I really can't wait. All the praise in this thread has really put this at the front of my growing queue, and I'm excited to start playing. I hope the difficulty isn't too crippling for me; I'm not the greatest of RPG gamers. Either way, it will be a refreshing jRPG I have a feeling.

jiien

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Well I just ordered this off of Amazon and I really can't wait. All the praise in this thread has really put this at the front of my growing queue, and I'm excited to start playing. I hope the difficulty isn't too crippling for me; I'm not the greatest of RPG gamers. Either way, it will be a refreshing jRPG I have a feeling.

Don't worry too much about the difficulty. Besides the very beginning when things are thrown at you, the game, in my opinion, has since then done a very good job of incrementally throwing new challenges at me, forcing me to adapt my strategies. This essentially teaches me new things as I go, so that it slowly builds in my head as a battle library of sorts where I know how to deal with certain enemies for given situations.

The game is far from easy, but it is nowhere near unfair. If you have the right strategy, the game will grant you the victory you deserve.

Anyway, this game is also really hard to classify as an RPG. It is far more SRPG in my opinion, just not in the traditional sense with grids and such.

At the very least, you have us to help you along the way! :)

jiien said:
Don't worry too much about the difficulty. Besides the very beginning when things are thrown at you, the game, in my opinion, has since then done a very good job of incrementally throwing new challenges at me, forcing me to adapt my strategies. This essentially teaches me new things as I go, so that it slowly builds in my head as a battle library of sorts where I know how to deal with certain enemies for given situations.

The game is far from easy, but it is nowhere near unfair. If you have the right strategy, the game will grant you the victory you deserve.

Anyway, this game is also really hard to classify as an RPG. It is far more SRPG in my opinion, just not in the traditional sense with grids and such.

At the very least, you have us to help you along the way! :)

Very good insight. I'm actually pleased to hear that the game is rewarding in its difficulty, but not unfair. It does seem to resemble traits of SRPG and there's nothing wrong with that I'd say. I don't want to go into specifics but I am really looking for an overall solid experience, especially after being let down considerably by a few titles more recently...I'm looking forward to it and will most likely be looking for some advice!

jiien

BeeDog said:
Alright, seeing as the game's pretty cheap at Zavvi at the moment, my interest piqued. But I really don't know much about it except that it looks pretty cool. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I hope you guys can bear with me :) :

1) How does the PS3 port hold up (against the 360 one)? Is it passable, or is it bad à la Bayonetta?
2) How much content is there in the game? Is there tons to do and so on?
3) The only jRPG I've played in several years is Final Fantasy 13 (and very little of Lost Odyssey at a friend's place). How does this game compare to FF13 in areas such as exploration, sense of adventure, combat system etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Didn't see anyone answer, but the thread has answered most of these questions already. Anyway:

1. The PS3 and 360 versions are, for all intents and purposes, identical. They have slight graphical differences, though it's a matter of opinion, mostly, which is better, and they are very, very similar at that. The PS3 version is far from a "port".

2. There is a fair amount of content, though a lot of it is (sort of) optional. If you seriously only wanted to do the main storyline, and not the side quests, you'd be looking a relatively (15, 20 hours?) short game. However, by not doing the sidequests, and going out of your way to get materials and craft accessories and whatnot, you'll be missing out on a lot of levels, and will be in for a very tough game.

I've spent almost 40 hours in the game so far, and I'm about half-way as far as the story goes. I've not even nearly half explored the world though. There is a lot of content. New Game+ on the same difficulty allows you to keep everything, and completing the game on a certain difficulty (normal to start) will open up the next hardest level of difficulty, up to ten times. New Game+ on a higher difficulty will only allow you to keep certain things (namely, not your guns or levels). There is a lot of content, in my opinion.

3. I hate to bring FF13 into this thread, because they are two VERY different games. Just because FF13 was released around the same time doesn't mean these games should be comparable! That said, FF13 only opened for exploration till late in the game, whereas RoF has early exploration, and new areas will open up as you progress. However, I'm not sure if you can call it true exploration, as there is no overworld to walk around in. As for combat system...they aren't comparable at all. FF13 is ATB advanced, RoF is SRPG freedom. I really don't know how to explain the difference between the two if you've never played anything else similar to either. RoF is very tactical, very strategy oriented, and battles move at your pace (unlike in FF13, where battles happen on the game's pace).

Anyway, as I said, it's extremely hard to compare to the two, and I argue to anyone reading this thread that you shouldn't ever compare them at all. They are two very different games, with two very different foci.

survivor

Banned
Just finished chapter 3 missions and the side ones too. I still have the 2 danger zones to do, but right now I'm just leveling up my grenade level for my characters. BTW, if I wanna do that money grind thing in the Forest of Idols, is it recommended that I connect the terminals to it? I think one of them doubles the items rate.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Error said:
skill % goes up with dual wielding?

For my understanding it does, because you are throwing the double of bullets, hence the more chances of one of them having that effect and the charge is faster too.

jiien

survivor said:
Just finished chapter 3 missions and the side ones too. I still have the 2 danger zones to do, but right now I'm just leveling up my grenade level for my characters. BTW, if I wanna do that money grind thing in the Forest of Idols, is it recommended that I connect the terminals to it? I think one of them doubles the items rate.

If you plan to spend a lot of time there, then you might as well connect it all up. Doesn't hurt, right?

I connected it all up, but ended up spending less time there than I meant to originally. I don't feel I've wasted the hexes, as it helped with the chapter
s
using that area, but there are better ways to spend your time/hexes.
As in, just wait till later. What do you need money for at this point?

jiien

-DarKaoZ- said:
For my understanding it does, because you are throwing the double of bullets, hence the more chances of one of them having that effect and the charge is faster too.

When dual wielding, charge rate, acceleration and...one other stat (forgot which) are the average of the two. So of both guns share the same stats, you won't be any slower than before, and will be pumping out twice the bullets. On the other hand, you could potentially be shooting roughly half of your bullets at a faster rate than before, and the other half at a slower rate (which will mean that overall, you're shooting at a slower rate). So yeah, average.

Edit: Also, to your "cheat" above,

It's very real. I did it a few days ago already. :p In case the link doesn't mention though (just skimmed to see what you were talking about), this can only be done post Chapter 6. In other words, Chapter 7 and beyond.

survivor

Banned
jiien said:
If you plan to spend a lot of time there, then you might as well connect it all up. Doesn't hurt, right?

I connected it all up, but ended up spending less time there than I meant to originally. I don't feel I've wasted the hexes, as it helped with the chapter
s
using that area, but there are better ways to spend your time/hexes.
As in, just wait till later. What do you need money for at this point?
Well I originally thought I could buy the 100k gun and dual wield it, but I realized my weight isn't large enough. So I'm just gonna spend my money on clothes. I did run out of red hexes, but I'm just gonna fight some monsters to get them.

Defuser

I regreted not doing the arena till chapter 9 and now it fucking tedious to rank up.Whose idea is it to fight 3 times for each rank?!?!

jiien

survivor said:
Well I originally thought I could buy the 100k gun and dual wield it, but I realized my weight isn't large enough. So I'm just gonna spend my money on clothes. I did run out of red hexes, but I'm just gonna fight some monsters to get them.

Yep, I'd say you'd need roughly...640ish carry weight to be proficient with dual wielding. Roughly. Otherwise, it's just not worth it. If you need a level-wise perspective:

If I remember correctly, this happened to me when Vashyron was high-twenties-ish, Zephyr was low-thirties, and Leanne was mid-thirties. I think. Actually, I could be ten levels off (as in, Vashyron was high-thirties, etc). This is roughly when I started to dual wield. I think.

Edit: Actually, you could probably get away with 600ish weight, but it really comes down to how much money you have, and how well you can customize your existing guns. A fully upgraded HG/SMG as of
Cranktown's
accessories will weight about 320ish, or so. And so, one of those (plus one of the boxes) may be more worth it than two lesser weapons. However, depending on where you are in the story (and therefore, the caliber of enemies you have to fight), you may be able to experiment a little with dual wielding with two lesser handguns, because you're already whooping the local enemies' asses, or something. You know what I mean :)

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
jiien said:
Edit: Also, to your "cheat" above,

It's very real. I did it a few days ago already. :p In case the link doesn't mention though (just skimmed to see what you were talking about), this can only be done post Chapter 6. In other words, Chapter 7 and beyond.

Sweet, need to try them, but I need to convert them to PS3 format lol.

Dresden said:
Also, I'm doing that 'clear out the bandits near Lucia' quest in chapter 4, and after two of those battles with the shady mobsters I already leveled up once for every character. They take ridiculous amount of damage, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but they take two hero actions+a full tri attack to kill.

you can see an enemies level when you target them, might give an indication of how much damage they can take. if they're taking a while try using different ammunition. i'm finding that good ammo choices can make fights go much faster. check bestiary for weaknesses and soft/hard level (to determine if use hollow point or metal skin), and scrap some stuff for powder gel etc. to craft it with. also molotovs & other flame weapons are quite handy as fire will inflict scratch damage over time and prevent them from regenerating.

jiien said:
However, depending on where you are in the story (and therefore, the caliber of enemies you have to fight), you may be able to experiment a little with dual wielding with two lesser handguns, because you're already whooping the local enemies' asses, or something. You know what I mean :)

yeh i started dual wielding with weight around 560 and haven't had a problem. i did all of chap. 6 with only an ammo box for the MG (no grenades, no items) and it was fine. if anything, it just taught me better use of the ammo types

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
man I destroyed the poor yeti, got the 'fire up' terminal online and use a molotov on the poor bastard. went down pretty fast.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Soo, currently on the beginning of chapter 3 and my guys are hanging around in level 13-14. A question: All of the level ups I have gained for my guys are strictly from using pistols and machine guns, since I am hesitating on using thrown weapons (grenades, etc) since they are limited in numbers and so far I have yet to find a way to produce them reliably. All of my thrown weapons levels are still one, except for Vashyron, who is already (still) two.

How can I manufacture thrown weapons easily mainly for leveling purposes?

Also, I must say that I feel like this game is designed with grinding in mind... because holy shit the chapter ending missions rewards only around 25.000 but one clothing items costs around 7000-8000! :( Yes, I know about the scope method (3000 to 4100?) but so far the only way I can find Iron Scraps consistently is by redoing Arena fights 4-10 over... and over... and over... again, which is quick to becoming old...

Which materials are "safe" to be sold and which ones I should keep? That 100.000 pistol is very tempting, but the price........ :( :( :( :(

Also, can someone explain to me the meaning of the weapon upgrades on the customization menu? Magazine is self explanatory, but stuff like Bullet Focus or Charge Acceleration I don't understand......

Also, it's too bad that the cut-scenes so far are veeeeeryyyy sparse, since I want to see my customized clothings more often! Don't really understand the story myself so far, but hopefully further chapters will bring more exposition.

Eh, sorry my post is a bit long, but would appreciate anyone willing to address my questions :) Thanks.

Varion

Laughing Banana said:
How can I manufacture thrown weapons easily mainly for leveling purposes?
I'm not sure if you can get them earlier, but at the very least you can buy rookie grenades from a shop on the same floor as the chapter 5 main dungeon.

Personally I try to avoid selling anything other than chips and meat. Haven't run into any money problems yet because I've been doing all the subquests and tons of terminal connecting, though.

Up to chapter 6 now. So good :lol The last two bosses have been utter jokes though, couple of Molotov+s and they're gone.

Laughing Banana said:
Also, I must say that I feel like this game is designed with grinding in mind... because holy shit the chapter ending missions rewards only around 25.000 but one clothing items costs around 7000-8000! :( Yes, I know about the scope method (3000 to 4100?) but so far the only way I can find Iron Scraps consistently is by redoing Arena fights 4-10 over... and over... and over... again, which is quick to becoming old...

Which materials are "safe" to be sold and which ones I should keep? That 100.000 pistol is very tempting, but the price........ :( :( :( :(

Also, can someone explain to me the meaning of the weapon upgrades on the customization menu? Magazine is self explanatory, but stuff like Bullet Focus or Charge Acceleration I don't understand......

items will say in their description if they are used in synthesis, good for scrapping, or just to be sold. i just use that as my guide and don't scrap anything that could potentially be used later on. On chapter 7 and i've just blown 100000 on the gun from Ebel, but i don't think the game requires grinding for money - it's a personal choice rather. I haven't been doing it and i've bought new clothes for everybody, made heaps of ammunition and weapons mods and bought the gun, so i can't agree that you have to grind for cash. plus you get heaps of chips from doing bonus attacks and smackdowns.

regarding the weapons stats, you can check out what they mean in the manual i believe, but from what i gather charge accel. is a boost to charge time beyond the initial charge, and bullet focus (i think, haven't checked) reduces scattering

also, you'll be able to get heaps of grenades, molotovs etc. from treasure chests on hexes. from chapter 5/6 and on you'll be able to buy/make these yourself. if you're not using because you're afraid of running out, isn't that the same as running out? just save them for big fights and take advantage of the abilities they offer (fire status, splash damage etc) there.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Mr_Appleby said:

Thanks :) Well, the grinding may be just because I can't help but not too buy stuff as soon as they are available. I am obsessive that way, and I've been doing it on practically all RPGs I have played.

But I am actually the rare kind of player (nowadays) that actually enjoy grinding, so all is well and good :)

Thanks again for the advice :D Like I said, I'm still on the beginning on Chapter 3 so maybe I haven't had the chance to explore many of the nooks and crannies of this game yet.

On an unrelated note, playing this right after finishing Tales of Vesperia is quite a jarring experience indeed. Some because of the gameplay, but moreso due the very striking difference in graphics. ToV is very simple, clean, and colorful while this game is exactly the opposite of that.

Laughing Banana said:
But I am actually the rare kind of player (nowadays) that actually enjoy grinding, so all is well and good :)

hey me too- if i didn't like a game's battle system why would i be playing it? i just don't have so much time anymore. i mean, i'm doing all the sidequests and dangerzones, and occasionally i need to farm a coloured hex or two so i suppose that could count, but to me real grinding is like the start of phantasy star 1- go outside, kill something, save, rest, repeat until you can go more than 1 battle without dying :lol

or getting GR points in white knight chronicles :/

Getting much better at the game.

One thing I've found super useful is having your MG user in the middle. Hero Action to the left or right of the field, and then have a HG user Hero Action to the opposite side. You get your bezel back usually, and are setup for two Resonance Attacks. I usually end up clearing 1/3 to 2/3 of the room's enemies doing this.

I've also noticed that jumping near or over an enemy will target the main body more often, if the enemy has armor parts.

Some enemies also seem prone to direct damage more so that others.

I've found that the best way to counter accidentally bumping into walls while doing Tri-Attacks is to simply choose the character closest to a wall heading to initiate the attack, and then having them jump before attacking. Also, when you switch over to the next team mate, jump right away too before attacking. I haven't found ANY downside to jumping that I've noticed.

One thing still troubles me - switching targets. Is there a way to do it properly without wasting valuable Hero Action Time? I'm sick of switching targets to that damn barrel or bunker, or that enemy halfway across the room.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
radiantdreamer said:
Getting much better at the game.

One thing I've found super useful is having your MG user in the middle. Hero Action to the left or right of the field, and then have a HG user Hero Action to the opposite side. You get your bezel back usually, and are setup for two Resonance Attacks. I usually end up clearing 1/3 to 2/3 of the room's enemies doing this.

I've also noticed that jumping near or over an enemy will target the main body more often, if the enemy has armor parts.

Some enemies also seem prone to direct damage more so that others.

I've found that the best way to counter accidentally bumping into walls while doing Tri-Attacks is to simply choose the character closest to a wall heading to initiate the attack, and then having them jump before attacking. Also, when you switch over to the next team mate, jump right away too before attacking. I haven't found ANY downside to jumping that I've noticed.

One thing still troubles me - switching targets. Is there a way to do it properly without wasting valuable Hero Action Time? I'm sick of switching targets to that damn barrel or bunker, or that enemy halfway across the room.

The downside of jumping is that you can't juggle, juggling a boss or an high level opponent besides having them unable to attack, will give you items which you can later sell in the market/shops.

kurohana

radiantdreamer said:
I'm sick of switching targets to that damn barrel or bunker, or that enemy halfway across the room.
Unfortunately, there's not much you can really do about this. The best you can do is memorize what's on the field and which direction they are, before you move.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
a character level being the total sum of each weapon level was a stroke of genius, you can get 5 or 6 levels quickly if you need more weight. more games should have a flexible level system like this one.

duckroll

Okay, I seriously can't beat the Grass Yetis in Chapter 8. The poison really screws up all my strategies. Putting equipment that protect against poison damage doesn't seem to help very much at all. Any tips?

Cep

Banned
Error said:
a character level being the total sum of each weapon level was a stroke of genius, you can get 5 or 6 levels quickly if you need more weight. more games should have a flexible level system like this one.

Wait, so this means that your weapons determine your level (and your stats)?

2San

Skerj said:
Be mindful though, each time you add a terminal on the grid it increases the amount of hex energy required to keep all terminals active simultaneously. You can place neutral hexes in front of terminals to "cut the line" so to speak if you find out you're running out of colored hexes for energy and really need a specific terminal to be active. Also, enemies can use your terminal effects as well.
What really so everything except the drop and exp bonuses(non battle) are worthless?

duckroll said:
Okay, I seriously can't beat the Grass Yetis in Chapter 8. The poison really screws up all my strategies. Putting equipment that protect against poison damage doesn't seem to help very much at all. Any tips?
I haven't reached chapter 8 yet, but I did kill a few yetis in the arena. How many are you facing? I use this tactic on most enemies and with it I can usually eliminate all major threats before they can do any real damage.

34zeou0.png

1. Equip Vashyron with a MG and go for a far corner where he won't take much damage. You'll get a Resonance Point for crossing the invisible line between Zephyr and Lianne.

9sa3yg.png

2. Take out the first scratched enemy and head for the other corner. Try to either stagger the other enemies or take down a few shields. You'll get another Resonance Point.

ir41hs.png

3. Switch to Vashyron and unleash hell with a tri attack.

duckroll

Yetis are easy, Grass Yetis are different. The quest mobs here are groups of 1 Grass Yeti and 2 Safety Dwellests. None of them can be "taken out" by a single scratch run + direct damage run. The Grass Yeti can shoot a stream of poison from his mouth which reaches anywhere on the map, unless it is blocked by a barrier near the front of the map. Both Safety Dwellest can shoot a poison blast from their bong weapon thing. The Grass Yeti also has a huge melee weapon that does a shitload of damage if he gets near any character, so that has to be taken out asap as well. Poison damage is really annoyed as well because it turns scratch damage into real damage immediately as long as the status is in effect, while also draining your HP via the poison effect. Fucking awful!

Come on, surely someone has completed this quest and can give tips!

The arena rank 25 boss battle is against four high level yetis (poison, ice, fire, and lightning) and I got past it using the strategy above. A single burst from my MG (charged x25, aimed from above at point blank range) will instantly fill all the shields with scratch damage and if you're lucky the main body will also take a decent hit.

I'm using the default SMG. When I reached Cranktown I upgraded the charge speed to 101 and the acceleration to 15. There's a really nice sniper scope that'll give you a 75 point charge speed boost, but you'll need a rare piece of metal to synthesize it. I also got a MG drum magazine from doing a sidequest.

duckroll

Holy crap. Thanks for the help. I invested about 30 minutes into customizing and testing out the guns by increasing all the charge speeds and charge accelerations, and WOW, what a difference. :lol

It has been a long time since I played a RPG with actual customization and equipment having a huge impact, so I feel really dumb playing this game sometimes.

dramatis

Cep said:
Wait, so this means that your weapons determine your level (and your stats)?

Weapon levels determine your level (i.e. Lvl 4 Handgun + Lvl 5 Machinegun + Lvl 1 Grenade = Lvl 10 Character). Stats level with you as a whole.

Skills, on the other hand, are determined by individual weapon levels. You'll have more skills under handgun if your handgun level is higher than machinegun, etc. Skills are different for each character.

Top Bottom