• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

So this is what my master system used to put out through RGB

25919520916_6443a9575b_h.jpg

25824647392_7e5d4e4ccb_h.jpg

aka Jail bars out the ass.

Today my friend and I installed the RGB Bypass board from RetroRGB.com and now my Master System outputs

25850453341_58542437af_h.jpg

25824636232_b46c0006b6_h.jpg

No more jail bars, yay!

KC-Slater

I'm seriously considering picking up a NAOMI 2 to play VF4EVO (and once I get a NET-DIMM and GD-ROM, VF4FT).

Will have to wait until I get a new power supply for my VF3 board though...

Anyway, good stuff.

Thanks, man. I'm not totally familiar with the PSU for Model 3 stuff, but I have an ATX PSU wired up for use with my Naomi outside the cab. Worth looking in to, since the Sun OEM PSU's can be hard/expensive to source. Definitely a cheap and reliable option, if it will work for your hardware.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Been reading the Retro Gamer issue with the readers top 150 list, and I thought this comment from Kensuke Tanabe on Metroid Prime was able to capture a lot of what I like about Retro-gaming - and less so about modern:

"These days, such games that a player can complete by just spending time playing without deeply thinking may tend to be welcomed more. From that perspective, Metroid Prime can be seen as a very tough game. However, Nintendo's game philosophy is that we hope users feel accomplishment and are impressed by thinking while playing the game. We also want players to feel their skills are improving,"

The photos aren't super helpful. If you really want to know definitively, get them to pop that sucker open.

I am not aware of a big market for snes bootlegs, though. It's not my area of expertise however.

i sent them an e-mail and hopefully will get a response soon. i'm also going to put this request in the snes thread.

i sent them an e-mail and hopefully will get a response soon. i'm also going to put this request in the snes thread.

Using the zoom feature on the pictures I see a few blemishes. This leads me to believe it is legit, although seeing the board is the only true way to know. Most repro/bootlegs tend to be things like Earthbound and Dracula X.

P.S. FFVI is my favorite game of all time.

Using the zoom feature on the pictures I see a few blemishes. This leads me to believe it is legit, although seeing the board is the only true way to know. Most repro/bootlegs tend to be things like Earthbound and Dracula X.

P.S. FFVI is my favorite game of all time.

thanks, the guy got back to me and didn't have the tools to open it but ebay protection is pretty good so i went ahead a paid for it.

BearChair

This is so sad.

Check out this collection for auction from Shop Goodwill. Some poor soul in Texas donated a treasure trove of PS1 RPGs and clearly didn't know what they had. On the bright side, the proceeds go to charity.

The lot includes: Parasite Eve, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Arc The Lad Collection, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Viii, The Legend of Dragoon, Brave Fencer Musashi, Alundra, Wild Arms 2, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean The Second Story, D, Dragon Warrior VII, Tales of Destiny II, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and Xenogears

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/19-PlayStation-Games-FinalFantasyMusashiXenogear-28599753.html

Current bidding is at $202 with five days to go.

This is so sad.

Check out this collection for auction from Shop Goodwill. Some poor soul donated a treasure trove of PS1 games and didn't know what they have. At least, the proceeds go to charity.

The lot includes: Parasite Eve, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Arc The Lad Collection, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Viii, The Legend of Dragoon, Brave Fencer Musashi, Alundra, Wild Arms 2, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean The Second Story, D, Dragon Warrior VII, Tales of Destiny II,Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and Xenogears

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/19-PlayStation-Games-FinalFantasyMusashiXenogear-28599753.html

it might've been my mom, who recently threw out all my stuff. lol

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This is so sad.

Check out this collection for auction from Shop Goodwill. Some poor soul donated a treasure trove of PS1 games and didn't know what they have. At least, the proceeds go to charity.

The lot includes: Parasite Eve, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Arc The Lad Collection, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Viii, The Legend of Dragoon, Brave Fencer Musashi, Alundra, Wild Arms 2, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean The Second Story, D, Dragon Warrior VII, Tales of Destiny II,Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and Xenogears

Location Austin, TX
What. I hope that wasn't in the store across the street from here before.

televator

Remember, Goodwill is not really a charity.
Yep. I'm glad more people are taking what I've said to heart.
? They donate all profit to charity afaik.
Nope.

Goodwill is run like any private corporation. Profit before people. The bottom line is the bottom line. Charity is merely a vail... used as means for more profit.

Sing it with me everyone: Goodwill is not really a charity. Don't donate anything you even half way care about. Chances are, it'll get trashed and/or trashed for cash.

Yep. I'm glad more people are taking what I've said to heart.

Nope.

Goodwill is run like any private corporation. Profit before people. The bottom line is the bottom line. Charity is merely a vail... used as means for more profit.

Sing it with me everyone: Goodwill is not really a charity. Don't donate anything you even half way care about. Chances are, it'll get trashed and/or trashed for cash.

well then... Good to know. That's rather depressing.

AndrewPL

in regards to goodwill...in NZ I was talking to the people who worked in a salvation army/ thrift store (a bunch of them are in NZ for different charities, hospice etc etc) they said that anything that doesn't match their believes for DVDs/Video games gets destroyed.

On one rare occasion where I found something, I picked up a star fox assault game case but it had metroid prime in it...sad to think that the star fox assault disc was most likely destroyed because it didn't meet their values ;(

D.Lo

in regards to goodwill...in NZ I was talking to the people who worked in a salvation army/ thrift store (a bunch of them are in NZ for different charities, hospice etc etc) they said that anything that doesn't match their believes for DVDs/Video games gets destroyed.

On one rare occasion where I found something, I picked up a star fox assault game case but it had metroid prime in it...sad to think that the star fox assault disc was most likely destroyed because it didn't meet their values ;(
Nah they'd only throw out GTA or like games with boobs on the cover.

Teknoman

This is so sad.

Check out this collection for auction from Shop Goodwill. Some poor soul in Texas donated a treasure trove of PS1 RPGs and clearly didn't know what they had. On the bright side, the proceeds go to charity.

The lot includes: Parasite Eve, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Arc The Lad Collection, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Viii, The Legend of Dragoon, Brave Fencer Musashi, Alundra, Wild Arms 2, Vagrant Story, Star Ocean The Second Story, D, Dragon Warrior VII, Tales of Destiny II, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and Xenogears

Sucks even more to live in Texas and entertain the possibility that bunch of games could've circulated nearby. I found Warcraft III though, and i've really wanted to try that recently, so I guess its not all bad lol.

Seriously though, if Goodwill had never started online auctions, I bet we'd be having all sorts of cool pick up stories alot more often.

aw shit...what'd you lose, man
all my ps1 shooters and lunar 1+2 but i re-brought everything the last 2 months. lol
just missing 3-4 games now alundra, raycrisis and lunar 1 and2 + maps and boxes

hey retroGAF,
i just won this on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121860122245?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

before i pay, just wanted to ask if it looks ok? or if it might be fake.

thanks again for any help!
hey retroGAF, just wanted to follow up: snes Final Fantasy III i won from ebay came in the mail today.

i opened the sucker up:
i paid 36 shipped for it. what do you guys think? legit?
oAcM9jOl.jpg

fqYBvmQl.jpg

vnk9qbQ.jpg

i0sDJ0c.jpg

Whelp, my house is officially going on the market on Tuesday, starting with a Broker's open house. That night we already have showings, which means all my games have to go into hiding.

giphy.gif

Do people make fake SNES games?

Yeah it's become a bigger thing lately due to the rise in prices. It's a pretty similar process to making repro carts actually.

I don't think it's anywhere near Pokemon GBA level yet (where it's like good luck even finding a legit one online) but it's something to be concerned about.

I don't think SNES bootlegs were ever circulated in large numbers like GBA. Like I said when david asked, I'm not aware of widespread SNES bootlegs, despite them obviously existing in some quantity.

This is so sad.

Goodwill is not a charity. That is up to $700.

Why people give them their old stuff to profit off of I will never know.

Enjoy, David! Final Fantasy VI (3) is one of the best.
The best!
thanks! i'm pretty excited as i never finished it as a kid. i think my snes got thrown out (by me) so i missed this one back then.

I got some bootleg JPN SNES games. Not sure why they bothered to bootleg football games though...
that's pretty funny, who would want to bootleg football games =D

Whelp, my house is officially going on the market on Tuesday, starting with a Broker's open house. That night we already have showings, which means all my games have to go into hiding.

giphy.gif
if you need a place to stash them.... i can hold all your genesis and snes games for an entire year! hahaha jk, hope you get the price you're looking for the house =)

Ryck

So very happy with my Swap Meet finds this week.

image.jpg

Pocket was $25
Bubble Bobble was $12 (kinda high but I wanted it)

Hey guys, what's the best resource for acquiring a supergun? I'd like to start developing a plan for getting some PCBs soon, but I can't find anywhere online that offers a reputable and solid product.

Kawika

giphy.gif

I just went through this. Its been 2 months in the new house and I still don't know what to do with my games. I basically live out of a retro suit case. I pull out the pvm or the framemeister and then put it away. Children love to break old stuff I found

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got this for some older Windows/DOS titles looking forward into jumping into that world clean since besides The Oregon Trail I don't think I've played any PC game from that era.
eAPsZ3Hl.jpg

Top Bottom