• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Rarutos

6gNd8.png

Official Site Here
US Release Date: February 13, 2012
EU Release Date: TBA
MSRP: $29.99

US Boxart:
KuZtj.jpg

What is Rhythm Heaven Fever?
The third game in the crazy rhythm game series comes to home consoles for the first time! Just as the boxart above states, there are over 50 minigames
including some extra ones coming from the original GBA game
. Many people often compare the minigames to the ones from WarioWare's microgames, but with more focus on music and rhythm. Don't be fooled though, despite the cutesy and upbeat look, the game can get rather difficult!

The game's controls are rather simple, you only need to use the A and B buttons. No waggling necessary! For the first time in the series, there's a two player mode! So now, we can finally get rhythmy with a partner.

Example Minigames and Screenshots:

Videos/Trailers:
Minigame Preview
Gameplay #1
Gameplay #2
Gameplay #3
Launch Trailer
Valentine's Day Trailer
How to Play #1
How to Play #2
How to Play #3

Iwata Asks

This is my first OT, so it might be a tad lackluster (and it was a bit last minute), let me know if I missed anything!

woxel1

Tomorrow night in L.A. there's going to be a hands-on Rhythm Heaven Fever event at the iam8bit gallery downtown from 6 to 10 PM. More info here.
Any other Gaffers thinking of going?

Volcynika

Don't think I can get it at launch, but looks like a present idea for my birthday. The minigames I've seen look great.

Volcynika

Wait, anyone know if Walmart might carry this? Have a $25 gift card I've not used yet, could use it to make this a day one pickup.

Rhythm Heaven is one of my favourite DS games, along with Elite Beat Agents so, if this one is at least half addicting as that, that's a must-buy as far as I'm concerned.

Kacho

Wow, I was under the impression that this was a $50 game. Picking this up day one for sure.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Never played a rhythm heaven game, but I might pick it up at $30. Looks like fun.

JazzmanZ

Funny I was going to make an OT with the exact same subtitle.

Can't wait for the game, and I am going to particularly enjoy Ringside and Flipper rolls

Noxie

Neo Member
Never played a Rhythm Heaven game before, but this game looks like a lot of fun, and the songs are catchy! Like they'd be evil and get stuck in your head when you least expect it. Nintendo seems to have done a good job on the English version too.

Really would like to try this!

Never played a Rhythm Heaven game before, but this game looks like a lot of fun, and the songs are catchy! Like they'd be evil and get stuck in your head when you least expect it. Nintendo seems to have done a good job on the English version too.

Really would like to try this!

You owe it to yourself to get the DS one, it's like $5-10 at most places.

Can not wait for the English versions of various Japanese songs, especially Remix 3. From what we've heard of it, it's actually really good.

I'm very happy that this dub is not disappointing like the DS game's dub was, IMO.

Top Bottom