• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Ties

Banned
The artstyle is great, I remember wasting all of my life on Rhythm Heaven DS.

Excited for this! Day 1.

Pyrokai

I'm so fucking excited for this game. Monday is going to be great. Starting a new job and then gettin this. So excited.

JordanKZ

I can't believe this still doesn't have an EU release date! NoE continues to make crazy decisions. I think it's pretty likely that this game never reaches Europe.

Ah well, at least we can import.

I can't believe this still doesn't have an EU release date! NoE continues to make crazy decisions. I think it's pretty likely that this game never reaches Europe.

Ah well, at least we can import.
That would be horror. But I think the DS game sold okay enough to bring it over. I'm 85% sure. It was in the press area of last year's GamesCom.

JordanKZ

That would be horror. But I think the DS game sold okay enough to bring it over. I'm 85% sure. It was in the press area of last year's GamesCom.

I wouldn't be so sure. With the Wii U hitting this year and Wii sales in the UK slowing down considerably (bar Just Dance 3, apparently) where's the incentive? :(

Ah well, I just bought a copy from vgp.ca with delivery for like £23 anyway...

NeoRausch

I have that bad feeling in my guts that the EU version is still TBA 'cause the want to translate that game into all the 8 billion languages we have over here. :/

rpmurphy

There's multiplayer, right? How is it?
Multiplayer is the 2 player version of some of the games from the single player game. It's basically the same thing, but each of you get a solo section at some point in some games. However, winning medals allows you to unlock multiplayer-only Endless Games.

Struct09

I've been playing it, and while I think it's great I really hope we see another handheld version in the future. It's definitely Rhythm Heaven on your TV, and only using the buttons was a great idea.

5amshift

Banned
The game is amazing. Warning you right now Remix 2 is pretty challenging and it took a lot to not get pissed. The song for Remix 3 is still awesome as well. I will still never understand board meeting. I also perfected Ringside on my second time playing it.

MercuryLS

Banned
After playing the Japanese version. This game is incredibly good, you guys are going to love it.

Is Wii U backwards compatible with all Wii software? Cause I don't own a Wii anymore.

sfried

:/

Not really diggin' "Let's go read a bunch of books" and "Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah-BOOM" as replacements for "Let's everybody go" and "Never givu upPUU".
You'd rather they keep the Engrish? ":/"

I like the translation. "OK! It's On!" Sure, it's not as "catchy" as OK DON'T MIND. But "It's up to you!" is a little less grating on on the ears than the obviously engrish "Hey you can do!".
Is Wii U backwards compatible with all Wii software? Cause I don't own a Wii anymore.
Yes it is.

TimeKillr

:/

Not really diggin' "Let's go read a bunch of books" and "Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah-BOOM" as replacements for "Let's everybody go" and "Never givu upPUU".

Yeah I feel the same way.

That and I just watched Remix 9 in english and in japanese just to compare. The parts with the
monkey cymbals
are perfectly synced with the lyrics of the song in japanese, making it much more interesting than what's in the english version.

I also don't like the "You go big buy" in that part. In japanese, the girl says "oooh sugoi desu ne", which amounts to "Great isn't it?". I don't see why they had to take a strange.. condescending tone with the interviewer in english.

I'll still buy it. I just really, REALLY wish I could play this fully in japanese. I don't feel like buying a japanese wii or hacking mine, so...

I've already got it pre ordered since I lovvvvvved the DS game (even though I was terrible at it). I'm severely disappointed though that they didn't include the Japanese songs on the disc. I recall the reason they said the Japanese versions were left off the US DS cart was due to space restrictions. They didn't have that problem with the game on DVD and we still got nothin'.

Rarutos

Yeah I feel the same way.

That and I just watched Remix 9 in english and in japanese just to compare. The parts with the
monkey cymbals
are perfectly synced with the lyrics of the song in japanese, making it much more interesting than what's in the english version.

I also don't like the "You go big buy" in that part. In japanese, the girl says "oooh sugoi desu ne", which amounts to "Great isn't it?". I don't see why they had to take a strange.. condescending tone with the interviewer in english.

I'll still buy it. I just really, REALLY wish I could play this fully in japanese. I don't feel like buying a japanese wii or hacking mine, so...

"Sugoi desu ne" can easily be interpreted as praising the wrestler himself though. I don't think the translation is too far off at all. Honestly, they could have done a lot worse. I was kind of hoping that they would include an option to play with the Japanese audio myself as well, but I am very pleased that the dub seems really well done so far. Everything I've seen is much better than the dubbed Fan Club song in the DS game at least, that's for sure.

mollipen

Whyyyyy... are Wii buttons... so muuuuuuushy?!? UGH.

Not that it'll kill my enjoyment of the game, but man—I just played a bit of the US version, and ugh. My kingdom for tapping the DS screen again.

Rarutos

Mushy? I see. I played the original GBA game, and it did feel a bit odd at first but I got used to it eventually! I also enjoyed the touch controls quite a bit myself, and was a bit surprised at how much I did.

IrishNinja

nice price. ..with rice.
just grabbed the DS game last week or so, gamestop guy insisted "it's really mean towards the end."

sfried

The problem isn't the translation; it's the number of syllables to make it match the beat. Any translation would be useless it matches with the rhythm of the music, which is the whole point of the game.

I thought about "Hey, isn't that great?" but realized it only counts as 4 syllables as opposed to "Eh~ Su-goi de-su-ne?" which is six. Technical, yes, but still important.

Kinda surprised they made the book club "Cheer Readers".

WhyMe6

The problem isn't the translation; it's the number of syllables to make it match the beat. Any translation would be useless it matches with the rhythm of the music, which is the whole point of the game.

I thought about "Hey, isn't that great?" but realized it only counts as 4 syllables as opposed to "Eh~ Su-goi de-su-ne?" which is six. Technical, yes, but still important.

Kinda surprised they made the book club "Cheer Readers".

"Hey isn't that great" would have been perfect - it has five syllables (hey/is/nt/that/great), which is the same as "Eh ~ Sugoi desu ne" (Eh/su/goi/desu/ne).

PERFECT! :(

As someone who imported the Japanese version when it came out last year and also a huge fan of the other Rhythm Heaven games, let me just say that the wait will be more than worth it!

that is an infinitely better translation than "great, isn't it?". i can't think of a situation in which an interviewer would ever say the latter, and the context of the japanese original was clearly her being impressed by the wrestler's muscular performance.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...

That's why I singled out them turning "Let's everybody go" to "Let's go read a bunch of books". They added a syllable. Would have fit perfectly if they just dropped either "Let's" or "go" in the latter.

Downhome

I just got an email from Best Buy that my $5 pre-order price mistake will be ready to pick up tomorrow, and have been charged for it as well. I can't wait!

Cranzor

I don't have it pre-ordered, but I'm assuming I should just be able to go pick it up tomorrow. I've never played a Rhythm Heaven game but I think I'll like it a lot.

dock

How is this the first game to make me want to mod my EU Wii?

And if I'm modding my wii, should I want the Japanese or American version?

Come to Europe please, lovely game.

zigg

I'm pissed because I can pick this up tomorrow and my Wii, which was repaired and "shipped" back to me Thursday, still hasn't shown up on UPS tracking at all. I think it's still sitting somewhere in the building at NOA's repair contractor.

Okay, rage vent over. Enjoy the game, and I will when I get my chance! The little bit I played last E3 was pretty fantastic. Might be as good as the GBA original was.

Top Bottom